Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

A Hint Of Darkness. - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Hint Of Darkness. (7994 Views)

Light And Darkness (new Book From Me To Nairalanders) / The Prince Of Darkness / A State Of Darkness; Understanding Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by LarrySun(m): 12:48pm On May 05, 2015
kayemjay:
Choi! Larrysun! There is God o!

Oya me I want to challenge you to a duel of grammar in a higi-haga, crincum-crancum, obi okpor kakistomoboplutocracy.

Oya, lets start!

Shey you think you can yab abi? Oya I dey wait for you.

tongue tongue tongue
Lol! Bro, we've both gone a long way together. I dare not take up your challenge. I know whose fabric I should not pull.

But some melt-brains like IDFWU need some occasional reformations.
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by kayemjay(m): 1:25pm On May 05, 2015
LarrySun:
Lol! Bro, we've both gone a long way together. I dare not take up your challenge. I know whose fabric I should not pull.

But some melt-brains like IDFWU need some occasional reformations.

Hehe. But you went too hard on him. He has just succeeded in drawing undue attention to himself. I understand your outburst but I would have just smiled and moved on. Some comments are just not worth the headache of a reply.

We go jam for that place na.

1 Like

Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by Laphtarjay(m): 2:24pm On May 05, 2015
davidflo:

It was a robbery from the onset, the girl was a thief, must have done her findings, way to get in, residents having travelled and all...Dapo was in the dark.

Thanks! Hope u were not put off by the duplications? Twas network issue.

Keep the flag flying!
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by Hurklan(m): 6:36pm On May 05, 2015
tunery004:
I wish oooo, but e be lyk say the story na 'shoki ni obe oge' How is ur exams going?
na mondæ d thin go start o..
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by tunery004(m): 7:31pm On May 05, 2015
Hurklan:
na mondæ d thin go start o..
All ryt, I dey Turin now make I watch ow Madrid go deal wit juve. Tomoro na Bayern go dismantle barca
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by hottadiva(f): 8:51pm On May 05, 2015
Oga David, what happened to our other story naaaa?

Meanwhile lemme go start from the top.
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by Hurklan(m): 9:52pm On May 05, 2015
tunery004:

All ryt, I dey Turin now make I watch ow Madrid go deal wit juve. Tomoro na Bayern go dismantle barca
hw market ??
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by tunery004(m): 9:57pm On May 05, 2015
Hurklan:
hw market ??
Not too good, but its expected...... Madrid will finish the job at benerbeau
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by hottadiva(f): 9:59pm On May 05, 2015
This story had me in stiches cheesy

The player was terribly played!!!
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by Hurklan(m): 10:16pm On May 05, 2015
tunery004:
Not too good, but its expected...... Madrid will finish the job at benerbeau
2nd leg 1 all nd it's over
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by Ollyfad(f): 10:51pm On May 05, 2015
IDFWU:

But I don't think you are fit enough to correct me if identifying a metaphor was an issue for you.
if someone tries to make others see their mistake its not necessarily cus dey wanna feel superior, dey myt simply be looking out for them nd trying to make dem b dia best. davidflo already has enof ppl to sing his praise nd i personally wuld av bin disappointed if he read nd only xd sumtin lyk nyc story judging frm d too obvious typographical errors.
soo bros.........if u gat a pro wit him find sumtin else to pick on. evn d op appreciatd his observation so i dnt undastnd y u were d one to take it personal.
#larry is abundantly loved hia....if u want d attention he gets kindly beat him at his game and be sensible about it while u r at it.
#quote me all u want nd u cn decide to make my post ur academic research...i dnt give a hoot kus i wnt reply.
#oga larry u rili knw ow to rearrange sumone wit words oo..remind me neva to step on ur toes.

@op....d best part of d story remains "before i say anything, please forgive me" grin got me rolling with laughter!
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by liljboy(m): 7:08am On May 06, 2015
LarrySun:
Thank you, ma'am. I wanted to give the baboon a serious ear-cleaning, but because of your comment, I will only warn him.

I suppose, to your diminishing mentality, the bolded is a correct grammatical construction. I wonder who your role model is.

And, goodness! See this pathetic marsupial trying to correct my expression with a ridiculous but unnecessary input of an article. Your English teacher should be weeping. Your folly is an insult to stup!d!ty. Just look at how dumb you just appeared! You just shot yourself in the foot because it itched you. Come on, cut down on your beans intake because you're so full of flatulence right now.

Apparently, in reality, your mouth must be preceding your brain (well, if you call that pap God deposited in your head a brain). I don't claim to be all-knowing, but it is not an excuse for a torn condom like you that would square off with me on grammatical constructions. From their obscenities, we shall know them.

Please, don't let me insult you, sir.

The next time you reply me with your head still in your anus, I will take you down to the chat thread and give you the whipping you deserve. I know you will still display your talent in mental-depreciation by replying me. We all know that showing how stupId you are is a reflex action.

Kindly forgive me, Davidflo. It was not my intention to derail your thread, but some runaway kangaroos will keep bleating. It's annoying in the least. This is the last time I will reply this knuckleheaded piece of garbage HERE.

God bless you, Davidflo. Keep up the good work. smiley
some homies be talking like an album
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by kenwins(f): 7:11pm On May 06, 2015
kayemjay:

Hehe. But you went too hard on him. He has just succeeded in drawing undue attention to himself. I understand your outburst but I would have just smiled and moved on. Some comments are just not worth the headache of a reply.

We go jam for that place na.
hmmmmm... Orubebe Vs Jega.
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by Nobody: 6:16am On May 08, 2015
kenwins:

Easy now, I. All larrysun did was to let dave know there were errors and he wasn't the only one who did that. Besides, larry proved himself right already so why continually picking on him?

What's larry called a writer and a reader for if he doesn't put writers in the know of their errors (typo.. or gramma...).

Seriously, the tone you used trying to tell larry he was wrong about re-read(which is right afterall) was rather a high pitch. These things are not done this way ooo.

Cc: Standd, D9ty7, Kayemjay.....

Hello... Larrysun pointed out errors and stopped there. No attempt to help correct them. I just assumed he had no time but was surprised to see him duelling with IDFWU, throwing grammar, verbs, etc around. Why did he not just simply outline the errors and help correct them? (We can even assume that the writer may not know the right words to use to correct himself)
What stopped him?
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by Nobody: 6:24am On May 08, 2015
LarrySun:
The OP should kindly re-read his post and make necessary corrections. Thanks.

You actually spent time quoting and duelling with IDFWU, flexing BIG BIG grammar, when you could have spent that time outlining and helping to correct some of the errors you noticed.
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by LarrySun(m): 8:08am On May 08, 2015
standd:

You actually spent time quoting and duelling with IDFWU, straining and showing off your literary/grammatical muscles, when you could have spent that time outlining and helping to correct some of the errors you noticed.

I said the OP should re-read his post. I was sure he would catch the obvious errors by doing that. The errors were majorly omissions and spellings. Many of us are guilty of such errors; and they can be easily seen and corrected if we check what we have written. I didn't think I had to outline the errors when he could have easily noticed them on second glance.

And @ bolded, I'm surprised that you didn't see who cast the first stone; who showed the 'grammatical muscles', as you put it. Surely, you would have read where he said I claimed to know everything when I only said Davidflo should re-read what he posted. IDFWU bluntly insulted and tried to publicly emasculate me. I'm sure that even you would not have turned the other cheek.

Truly, it was wrong of me to have replied him so coldly. He forced words out of me. If I had kept quiet, he would have assumed a Goliath complex. Sometimes, you've got to put people in their places.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by Nobody: 8:13am On May 08, 2015
LarrySun:
I said the OP should re-read his post. I was sure he would catch the obvious errors by doing that. The errors were majorly omissions and spellings. Many of us are guilty of such errors; and they can be easily seen and corrected if we check what we have written. I didn't think I had to outline the errors when he could have easily noticed them on second glance.

And @ bolded, I'm surprised that you didn't see who cast the first stone; who showed the 'grammatical muscles', as you put it. Surely, you would have read where he said I claimed to know everything when I only said Davidflo should re-read what he posted. IDFWU bluntly insulted and tried to publicly emasculate me. I'm sure that even you would not have turned the other cheek.

Truly, it was wrong of me to have replied him so coldly. He forced words out of me. If I had kept quiet, he would have assumed a Goliath complex. Sometimes, you've got to put people in their places.

Sorry but I don't know IDFWU, I know LarrySun and I saw only your reply.

Thank you.
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by LarrySun(m): 8:28am On May 08, 2015
standd:

Sorry but I don't know IDFWU, I know LarrySun and I saw only your reply.
Thank you.
It's okay, ma'am. All is well.
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by IDFWU(m): 8:48am On May 08, 2015
standd:

You actually spent time quoting and duelling with IDFWU, flexing BIG BIG grammar, when you could have spent that time outlining and helping to correct some of the errors you noticed.

Thank u miss, guess u the only sensible person here. He went about picking on errors instead of correcting 'em. If u could take ya time in going through all these, u probably notice I concurred with him about the errors @ 1st but singled out the way he did it. With the level he claims 2b a well learned fella in english and all that sh*! with his large fan base, I believe LarrySun ought 2 know this "Arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics: win or lose, you're still ret*rd£d" bet he doesn't...SMH guess that's why he stooped so low in throwing shades back @ me 4 no just reason.
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by shamsindeenolu(m): 9:49am On Jun 05, 2015
What happens to the players curse? Ar we done with dat?
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by YINKS89(m): 6:35pm On Jun 05, 2015
vote for lekinz as mr nairaland nd u wont regret ue decision. #team lekinz
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by YourNo1Fan: 12:55pm On Jan 18, 2016
I really like you a lot and I would like to meet you
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by Bobbybube(m): 11:53pm On Aug 31, 2016
excellent write-up here. Maybe you should consider switching to short stories... they're captivating. But first finish 'fifi' abeg.

Anyhow, thumbs up!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Xenophobia.... A Short Story.. / LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) / Distraction ...a Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.