Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,080 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. (25805 Views)

OKONJO Iweala's Six Questions For Africans And Their Leaders / Youth Enterprise Conference Holding @ Eko Hotel And Suite / Virgin Atlantic Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Sacks Crew - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by freshdude99(m): 11:54pm On May 03, 2015
toludadon:
the no 1 cartel is Ifeanyi Ubah and the last time I checked he financed the campaign of a certain presidential candiddate through an organization named Thieves Amongst Nigerians and he wept bitterly last week when he cane face 2 face with the defeated candidate..
Ur brain eeeh... God forbid
I lack the right word to describe that thing called brain u have

1 Like

Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by InvertedHammer: 11:55pm On May 03, 2015
manutdadex:
una allow d full removal of subsidy? Gej saw d coruption goin on there but Nigerians(d most uneducated african country) so blinded by d few nairas dat wil leave their pocket and d media hype sponsored by oil marketers...couldnt see beyond their nose!
/
Subsidy was partially removed. Can you point to one thing that was achieved with the money other than bribery for a failed campaign?. Oil price is now half the price it was and Nigerians are still paying premium prices. Why is it all of a sudden after the election jamboree, the FG cannot afford to make payments?

When FG is crying that they are helpless even though GEJ claims to be C-in-C, what can ordinary folks do? Cabal this, cabal that....No cabal should be stronger than the FG. So all these hues are just smokescreen.

There you have it
\

5 Likes

Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by jstbeinhonest(m): 12:00am On May 04, 2015
freshdude99:

Certain things u people post here really get some one upset to the bone, so don't ask if u guys are fighting... Just keep shut if u don't knw wat to say

4 ur mynd wat uv jst ryten dia makes sense shey?...i dnt av a prob wit wat she sed on dis thread.i lost respect 4 her because i xpected a lot frm her.

1 Like

Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by jstbeinhonest(m): 12:02am On May 04, 2015
hush15:

we don't appreciate the truth when it is said. the woman has come out to say the challenges FG has to put up with these oil marketers.

you all have been looking for carbals. The cabals are the marketers. This is the reason why we need to push for subsidy removal but nigerians are not ready for it.

We eat our cakes and still want it and when that doesn't happen, we blame government and keep shouting corruption.

I dnt av a prob wit wat she iz sayin.its prob d truth

1 Like

Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by datribune: 12:02am On May 04, 2015
sammhi:
my only joy is that most of the oil cartel are in APC...so na dem de power now...lets see how they will do it....period

Bros u ar wrong. It's actually a cartel of PDP fronts, cronies, govt sponsors & scions of PDP chieftains.
WHAT MOST NIGERIANS DON'T KNOW IS DAT D SUBSIDY BAZAAR TOOK A TURN 4 D WORSE WHEN AHMADU ALI BECAME PPPRA CHAIRMAN. Prior
to his appointment in 2009 there were just 49 importers. Ahmadu Ali single-handedly raised d number frm 49 importers to 140 between 2009 & 2011 & d subsidy payment ballooned frm N421.5b in 2009 to 2.19 trillion in 2011. One of those arraigned by EFCC in d subsidy scam was AHMADU ALI'S SON, Mamman Nasir Ali who runs Nasaman Oil Services. Another is Mahmud Tukur, who runs Eterna Oil and Gas Plc & is d SON OF ALHAJI BAMANGA TUKUR, former PDP chairman.

dis monumental rape of our national patrimony is true to character of d utterly corrupt, despicable & dysfunctional PDP's way of allocating import licences & sharing our national wealth among cronies, fronts, govt sponsors & party chieftains.

5 Likes

Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by ebosed: 12:03am On May 04, 2015
Raymondfayowole:
Wat is d solution naw....cos #1200 for 5 liters no b beans oo

I got 5 litres for N2500.00
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by Nobody: 12:03am On May 04, 2015
DanWrites:
I bought N1800 today
I bought 87\ litre at Mobil. amuwo...
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by billyG(m): 12:04am On May 04, 2015
If nigeria is japan all those leaders wuld hav commited suicide 4 failing d nation,wher is d refinery this useless govt.promise us,if we hav 5 functional refineries whose badger will be importing fuel?who will be talking of fuel subsidy?
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by ebosed: 12:07am On May 04, 2015
datribune:

Bros u ar wrong. It's actually a cartel of PDP fronts, cronies, govt sponsors & scions of PDP chieftains.
What most nigerians don't know is dat d subsidy bazaar took a turn 4 d worse when Ahmadu Ali became chairman of PPPRA. Prior
to his appointment in 2009 there were just 49 importers. Ahmadu Ali single-handedly raised d number frm 49 importers to 140 between 2009 & 2011 & d subsidy payment ballooned frm N421.5b in 2009 to 2.19 trillion in 2011. One of those arraigned by EFCC in d subsidy scam was his son, Mamman Nasir Ali who runs Nasaman Oil Services. Another is Mahmud Tukur, who runs Eterna Oil and Gas Plc & is d son of Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, former PDP chairman.

dis monumental rape of our national patrimony is true to character of d utterly corrupt, despicable & dysfunctional PDP's way of allocating import licences & sharing our national wealth among cronies, fronts, govt sponsors & party chieftains.

And all this happened under the nose of our president. "Little wonder he said he was in bondage" so clueless and somebody said GEJ till E0WC...mitchew

6 Likes

Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by toludadon(m): 12:08am On May 04, 2015
freshdude99:
Ur brain eeeh... God forbid I lack the right word to describe that thing called brain u have
try get a word
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by omogin(f): 12:08am On May 04, 2015
Get your refineries to work and forget the satanists

2 Likes

Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by eledacedar(f): 12:20am On May 04, 2015
emmatok:

We also know the carbals are also part of the GEJ government.

The same government the fraudulently pays subsidies on Kerosene.
The same government that lies over SUREP

The same government that failed to repair the refineries.

Don't mind them. Why didn't she say all these before elections? Yeye woman

1 Like

Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by zyphr(m): 12:22am On May 04, 2015
onatisi:
she doesn't need or want ur respect. She is respected worldwide already,she is on the list of top 100 influential ppl in the world . 100 ppl out of almost 6billion ppl in the world speaks volumes about her achievement and progress. So better start working ur way up the ladder of success so that one day ppl will respect u. Okonjo iwella dines and sit with kings and world leaders. So bro keep ur respect in ur living room and bedroom and face ur life.
Her name is on the list of times 100 most influencial persons in the world, so also is Shekau's name. I gues that also ''speak volume about his achievements and progress''.

3 Likes

Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by emmatok(m): 12:26am On May 04, 2015
zyphr:

Her name is on the list of times 100 most influencial persons in the world, so also is Shekau's name. I gues that also ''speak volume about his achievements and progress''.

Lol, thats hilarious.
Chai NL. grin
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by udeh3(m): 12:27am On May 04, 2015
giwah:
I think the only way out of this is to remove completely the subsidy, the same was done for diesel, we got used to it and diesel scarcity became a thing of the past. If this incoming government can channel all that money into fixing our refineries and building more, we will be just fine.

This is one of the best comment I've read this week. You see! The Nigerians are even the problem, some don't even know the meaning of subsidy removal and how if can grow the economy and shut-out cabals, all they know best is to shout "let the president resign"

My fear for this new government that will rule for the next four years are hypocrate, they are the same people who destructively criticize this current government most especially on d isssue of subsidy. They never supported any good decision by this current govt, all they do is to criticize without providing any solution

God help us!

3 Likes

Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by ncoolsome(m): 12:52am On May 04, 2015
onatisi:
she doesn't need or want ur respect. She is respected worldwide already,she is on the list of top 100 influential ppl in the world . 100 ppl out of almost 6billion ppl in the world speaks volumes about her achievement and progress. So better start working ur way up the ladder of success so that one day ppl will respect u. Okonjo iwella dines and sit with kings and world leaders. So bro keep ur respect in ur living room and bedroom and face ur life.

I stand to be corrected,boko haram shekau is also on that list..we don't just neeD influencial people,we need men n women that can foresee danger and provide solution rather than rant about it..

1 Like

Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by datribune: 1:08am On May 04, 2015
CMSbrands:
Honestly speaking this ousted govt is an epitome of failure and quantum of weaklings .. Imagine them saying some cartel are holding the nation to ransom. in a country that have a president who is d chief commander of d army forces huh? Who the hell are the Cartels? Just set them up and push them to prison..gbam! Or give them ur own conditions and if they are not Satisfied let dem vamoose comot for Nigeria, we can only suffer for few months afterwhich d refineries are repaired and new ones are constructed.. No pain No Gain.. We shd be read to suffer and laugh at d end..
[b]
U ar correct my brother but it's not going to happen under dis govt because actually d cartel ar PDP fronts, cronies, govt sponsors & scions of PDP chieftains.
WHAT MOST NIGERIANS DON'T KNOW IS DAT D SUBSIDY BAZAAR TOOK A TURN 4 D WORSE WHEN AHMADU ALI BECAME PPPRA CHAIRMAN. Prior to his appointment in 2009 there were just 49 importers. Ahmadu Ali single-handedly raised d number frm 49 importers to 140 between 2009 & 2011 & d subsidy payment ballooned frm N421.5b in 2009 to 2.19 trillion in 2011. One of those arraigned by EFCC in d subsidy scam was AHMADU ALI'S SON, Mamman Nasir Ali who runs Nasaman Oil Services. Another is Mahmud Tukur, who runs Eterna Oil and Gas Plc & is d SON OF ALHAJI BAMANGA TUKUR, former PDP chairman. dis monumental rape of our national patrimony is true to character of d utterly corrupt, despicable & dysfunctional PDP's way of allocating import licences & sharing our national wealth among cronies, fronts, govt sponsors & party chieftains.[/b]
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by Abbott(m): 1:24am On May 04, 2015
freshdude99:

Come and help them out now Mr I too knw!
Rubbish! Its ur type that will stay at home and knw everything, lead subsidy protest and still come here to type nonsense!
Am even very happy the way things are playing out, pound for pound, every single Nigerian will have a share of his own suffering for the part we all played wether directly or indirectly to make GEJ administration a failure. lipsrsealed

Nonsense!

freshdude99:

Dude just shot the fvckup if u knw nothing abt Nigeria. What sort of silly comments are u making here?
Am highly disappointed mhan
Go to the basics, back in "76 till date and u will get ur answers why Nigeria is where it is today

Be disappointed in yourself!!!

Were they not all aware that a handful motley of corporate and individual rogues holding up the nation was a probable aftereffect of marketers pulling the strings in the supply chain?

What have they learnt the past 3 or more decades from this type of supply process?

Why did they not have a back up plan against an occurrence such as this?

Why are our refineries not working to full capacity?

Why are they owing them that much money?

Don't infuriate me.

1 Like

Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by dannex(m): 2:32am On May 04, 2015
MissYana:
Its like they have started to do Fake Orijin.The thing no deh High like before again for my area
e no good for ur health
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by CedarStudios: 2:44am On May 04, 2015
Fix the refineries then take out subsidy (logic, good but for 6 yrs our GEJ could not consider it)

Take out subsidy without fixing refineries (bad move but one that GEJ loved) The fact that we have been faced with the same wahala for years does not mean that we should be condemned to be with it forever. This govt totally messed up on this count....
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by sean079: 3:33am On May 04, 2015
from what ive read so far, it has been shown dat subsidy removal aint really d solution but d solution lies in tackling all forms of corruption surrounding d subsidies. if i could remember precisely dis is d same gospel truth pro subsidy demonstrators were agitating for during d subsidy protest
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by henrysam(m): 4:06am On May 04, 2015
grandstar:
+The problem is the subsidy. Remove the subsidy and the cartel will eveporate.

I am sure there is no diesel scarcity. Its because that fuel has been free of that subsidy bondage.

Nigerians will continue to cry as long as they want this petrol subsidy.
Gej tried to remove the subsidy in January 2012 the marketers played a fast one by sponsoring occupy Nigeria with the collaboration of the opposition party.
Now people are suggesting the subsidy should be removed. Is our eyes cleared now?
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by Nobody: 4:13am On May 04, 2015
[size=15pt]Fuel scarcity is political!

In other words it is deliberately made scarce as a way of extorting extra money from general population.

When a govt is serious about solving a fuel scarcity crisis that is threatening to grind the country to a halt it would put it as a high priority and announce emergency measures to get fuel supply raised.

I may have missed but I am quite sure that the government has done nothing at all.

All GEJ needs to do is order fuel marketers or those hanging on to the fuel to release the fuel to filling stations with immediate effect or lose their license and face arrest and jail sentence.

Who created the oil marketers? PDP govt of Thief Obasanjo .

The same PDP are telling us that they are held to ransom by the fuel marketers.

It is political and corruption - nothing more!

[/size]
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by henrysam(m): 4:18am On May 04, 2015
eledacedar:

Don't mind them. Why didn't she say all these before elections? Yeye woman
Marketers were not hold the nation into ransome during the election
One continues to wonder why now. My submission is that those cartels wants to get paid fully before Buhari is sworn in cos they really don't know what will happen.
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by henrysam(m): 4:24am On May 04, 2015
GenBuhari:
[size=15pt]Fuel scarcity is political!

In other words it is deliberately made scarce as a way of extorting extra money from general population.

When a govt is serious about solving a fuel scarcity crisis that is threatening to grind the country to a halt it would put it as a high priority and announce emergency measures to get fuel supply raised.

I may have missed but I am quite sure that the government has done nothing at all.

All GEJ needs to do is order fuel marketers or those hanging on to the fuel to release the fuel to filling stations with immediate effect or lose their license and face arrest and jail sentence.

It is political and corruption - nothing more!
[/size]
This is democracy man. They will sue the FG and the damages will be enormous.
There are rules agreed by both parties on business that will not be contravened.
But one funny thing is nobody is talkinh about PPPRA that agreed on faulty template to short change Nigerians.
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by poseidon12: 4:24am On May 04, 2015
ecnuel:
Dear finance minister, what stops you from pushing for and seing to it that we refine our crude oil in Nigeria? Is it rocket science? Keep on paying your so-called cartel.

I thought that would be the job of the president and the petroleum minister.
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by freshdude99(m): 4:25am On May 04, 2015
Abbott:

Nonsense!

Be disappointed in yourself!!!

Were they not all aware that a handful motley of corporate and individual rogues holding up the nation was a probable aftereffect of marketers pulling the strings in the supply chain?

What have they learnt the past 3 or more decades from this type of supply process?

Why did they not have a back up plan against an occurrence such as this?

Why are our refineries not working to full capacity?

Why are they owing them that much money?

Don't infuriate me.
Talk is very cheap, so go ahead... #rubbish
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by 989900: 4:28am On May 04, 2015
Bevista:
This woman is just beyond ridiculous. So we should clap for your administration for bringing subsidy down to N970B from N2.3T, when we should ideally be asking you guys how subsidy went from less than N400B in 2009 to N2.3T in 2011.

“[s]You see that the amount we have been paying year by year diminished substantially to about N971 billion a year down from the N 2.3 trillion of 2011[/s]. We brought it from N 2.3 trillion to about N 971 trillion that has been in the budget each year.

shocked shocked Thought they said it went from N300B to N1.4T in 2011?!!!

What is this N2.3T again?! This people just throwing around figures like we'r baboons (scratch that, you can't even get away with this with baboons).
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by poseidon12: 4:30am On May 04, 2015
onatisi:

Thank you for that. She is only a minister and not the president. I think she has done a marvellous job as finance minister. Just that she served under a very incompetent president.
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by 989900: 4:32am On May 04, 2015
poseidon12:

Thank you for that. She is only a minister and not the president. I think she has done a marvellous job as finance minister. Just that she served under a very incompetent president.

Last time I checked she was the coordinating minister as well . . . that doesn't count, she needs to be absolved sentimentally; one way or another.
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by poseidon12: 4:36am On May 04, 2015
giwah:
I think the only way out of this is to remove completely the subsidy, the same was done for diesel, we got used to it and diesel scarcity became a thing of the past. If this incoming government can channel all that money into fixing our refineries and building more, we will be just fine.

Well, the finance minister wanted to remove the subsidy completely but the all-knowing masses and labor groups refused and demonized her. And here we are still with long fuel queues and 200plus naira per liter.
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by Nobody: 4:40am On May 04, 2015
Trust me the fuel marketers were not set up with any constitutional legal or due process - that is just the fact of Thief Obasanjo administration whose brief from his American puppeteers was to corrupt the system and make it less transparent to allow them to feed fat on corruption.

These bunch of corrupt oil marketers would have to sue Nigeria fro their jail cells.
henrysam:

This is democracy man. They will sue the FG and the damages will be enormous.
There are rules agreed by both parties on business that will not be contravened.
But one funny thing is nobody is talkinh about PPPRA that agreed on faulty template to short change Nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Effects Of Online Betting On Nigerian Youths / Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians / Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.