Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. - Investment (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. (25804 Views)

OKONJO Iweala's Six Questions For Africans And Their Leaders / Youth Enterprise Conference Holding @ Eko Hotel And Suite / Virgin Atlantic Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Sacks Crew - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by Nobody: 4:56am On May 04, 2015
Who makes the law of the land?

Which law gives any body a right to blackmail the country.

Any emergency powers required by government to force cabals to release fuel, can be gained within a few hours from the National Assembly.

Do you think Madam Finance has any problems fueling her generator plants?
henrysam:

This is democracy man. They will sue the FG and the damages will be enormous.
There are rules agreed by both parties on business that will not be contravened.
But one funny thing is nobody is talkinh about PPPRA that agreed on faulty template to short change Nigerians.
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by emmykk(m): 5:14am On May 04, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
though GEJ is still the president,but the emergence of Buhari as the president-elect is no doubt already having influence over our national affairs.
To an extent,the scarcity is a borne from his emergence
do you know that tinubu is among the oil cabal.do you think buhari can do things that can bring his men down.

More and standard refinery is the oil solution.
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by bezimo(m): 5:15am On May 04, 2015
Cabalocracy is responsible for this dismal situation.The government of the Cabals by the Cabals and for the Cabals.I hope Buhari can destroy and disband the Cabals operating in the Nigerian oil downstream sector.
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by emmykk(m): 5:20am On May 04, 2015
jstbeinhonest:
I lost respect 4 dis woman a long tym ago.
she does not need your respect.who are you and what is your respect worth.

Two nigeria president respect her enough to take the position of finance minister.

As Gej leaves she will go back to her world class job at world bank.

She will for a long time be one of nigeria best.

1 Like

Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by ogundeleai(m): 5:52am On May 04, 2015
NO! They are just reciprocating same gesture you as a coordinator of economy hold entire Nation economy to a ransom thereby plunging their wealth. You and the so called oil market in larger extent capitalise on ineptitude of the person at helm of affairs to play and Toy with lives of masses.. Its painful that masses still need to bear the wickedness of few so called cabals at least close to a month.. Your days are numbered
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by whao: 5:59am On May 04, 2015
Vorp:
I won't fall for this crap,they are only trying to forcefully make us adapt to fuel subsidy removal..Upon all the oil we have Nigerians are suffering for fuel,this country is cursed.

God forbid! This country is blessed and can never be cursed. Please mine your words cos' of the effect.

What has fuel scarcity got to do with cursing Nigeria? Anyway, May God open the eyes of those holding this country to ransom to see their days numbered.

Am blessed beyond cursed. We have not been paid salary more of fuel subsidy and still survived more of fuel to keep me unchecked?

Peace Nigeria!
Peace Nairaland!!
Peace whao!!!

1 Like

Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by emmykk(m): 6:01am On May 04, 2015
Solution to fuel scarcity.

1.Remove the fuel subsidy.This is a simple solution...but NLC will strike,they will accuse the govt that the poor workers and masses will not pay from their pocket to finance govt excesses,Lagos population will rally/riot and the oil cabal like tinubu,otedola will finance the leadership of striking workers and grease rioting personalities,using their media and contacts to pep the wahala.

2.build refineries.this is the best solution.organise joint venture or crowd funding or seek loan and build refinery while the fuel subsidy is still on and immediately the refinery is completed remove the fuel subsidy.

It will take a selfless and visionary leader to do the 2nd solution this is because the cabal will immediately look for one of their own to contest the next election,they will do all they can to frustrate such vision.

Although there is no fuel subsidy in the new budget i see buhari raising a supplementry budget to cover it that and the circle keep rotating.

PDP wise men actually removed the subsidy from the budget to see the price APC will set... They want APC to bring their solution. And the masses is waiting for buhari N40 pump price.

Time shall tell.
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by joe4christ(m): 6:11am On May 04, 2015
onatisi:
she doesn't need or want ur respect. She is respected worldwide already,she is on the list of top 100 influential ppl in the world . 100 ppl out of almost 6billion ppl in the world speaks volumes about her achievement and progress. So better start working ur way up the ladder of success so that one day ppl will respect u. Okonjo iwella dines and sit with kings and world leaders. So bro keep ur respect in ur living room and bedroom and face ur life.

She might have made done her family and herself proud, but she's an utter disgrace and failure to the greater good called Nigeria.
With her knowledge and influence she could not bring about a conducive economic condition for her people, rather she keep acting clueless.
What does it take to get it into the skull of her boss the necessity of fixing our domestic refineries to full capacity
If they had put that in place, it would have check-mated all these ish...

2 Likes

Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by Reference(m): 6:19am On May 04, 2015
teeowl:
I think we have 3 refineries, it is high time that Government repairs them and start refining our own fuel or else this kind of thing would keep happening.

And who will distribute the refined products. Is it not the same cartels. Abegi.
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by marjson(m): 6:25am On May 04, 2015
onatisi:
she doesn't need or want ur respect. She is respected worldwide already,she is on the list of top 100 influential ppl in the world . 100 ppl out of almost 6billion ppl in the world speaks volumes about her achievement and progress. So better start working ur way up the ladder of success so that one day ppl will respect u. Okonjo iwella dines and sit with kings and world leaders. So bro keep ur respect in ur living room and bedroom and face ur life.

I hope you know Shekau the Terrorist is also on same list. Influential doesn’t necessarily mean good

1 Like

Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by Nobody: 6:33am On May 04, 2015
jstbeinhonest:
I lost respect 4 dis woman a long tym ago.
yeah same time u lost respect for mum....i feel ur frustration
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by supereagle(m): 6:38am On May 04, 2015
teeowl:
I think we have 3 refineries, it is high time that Government repairs them and start refining our own fuel or else this kind of thing would keep happening.
Four please : warri , Kaduna , PH and Eneme refineries . Two came to existence when Buhari was minister for Pet.
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by FOREXMARTS: 6:48am On May 04, 2015
Isn't it clear and simple. They wanna get all their monies before Buhari is sworn in cos he may review the whole thing.

1 Like

Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by supereagle(m): 6:50am On May 04, 2015
I blame GEJ and Madam Okonjo-Iweala for this mess. When Abacha was Head of State we were not having fuel scarcity . When GEJ got there ,he promoted fuel importation and we found ourselves in this mess. If one of the four refineries is working , it will not be bad like this.
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by supereagle(m): 6:51am On May 04, 2015
teeowl:
Four please : warri , Kaduna , PH and Eneme refineries . Two came to existence when Buhari was minister for Pet.
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by Reference(m): 6:53am On May 04, 2015
Vorp:
I won't fall for this crap,they are only trying to forcefully make us adapt to fuel subsidy removal..Upon all the oil we have Nigerians are suffering for fuel,this country is cursed.

You. Yes you don't have any oil. It doesn't flow on the streets. It costs money, effort, skill, risk and a whole lot of trailing damage to get it. It cannot be free. Does your village farm produce yams of its own accord. Are yams free or subsidised. Don't you pay properly for them. And this is a regenerative, sustainable resource. Oil is not. Once it is pumped out, refined and burnt it is gone.
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by onatisi(m): 6:54am On May 04, 2015
poseidon12:

Thank you for that. She is only a minister and not the president. I think she has done a marvellous job as finance minister. Just that she served under a very incompetent president.
thank you so much . People think running nigeria is just like running a restaurant or beer parlor, gej was very weak and this affected the performance of everyone under him ,even the military but apart from that,there is nothing a minister of finance can do aboout the oil cartel in nigeria, when she came on board she did the right thing by advising gej and nigerians on the need to scrap and totally remove oil subsidies, she exposed the fraudulent nature of this payment system. There was a debate where she and sanusi made a case for the removal of subsidy on petroleum products. Nigerians stood against gej then by doing protest rallies and etc. Let's see what will happen when buhari finally removes this subsidy payment, I will like to see how many nigerians will have the guts to protest on the streets .
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by sunkoye: 7:00am On May 04, 2015
onatisi:
oga...The greatest achievement anyone can have is by leaving a place you stopped in life better. How does dinning with kings and Prince put bread on common man's table. Am so sure u did not think through wat u just said. Is nigeria better in the last six year of her coordination? If u are better financially from the minister's demerits, are ur neighbours better? Pls dont let me say something you wont like on Monday morning o

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by onatisi(m): 7:02am On May 04, 2015
ncoolsome:

I stand to be corrected,boko haram shekau is also on that list..we don't just neeD influencial people,we need men n women that can foresee danger and provide solution rather than rant about it..
didn't okonjo iwella and sanusi lamido warn you and nigerians about this subsidy payment in 2012? Wasn't it removed on the 1st of january 2012? When it was removed ,what did you do? Nigerians protested against this subsidy removal then by organising occupy nigeria protests in lagos, nlc went on strike , apc kept calling gej wicked and all sorts of names. Wasn't it nigerians that said the payment should continue that the oil subsidy is the only thing they enjoy from government?
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by onatisi(m): 7:12am On May 04, 2015
sunkoye:
oga...The greatest achievement anyone can have is by leaving a place you stopped in life better. How does dinning with kings and Prince put bread on common man's table. Am so sure u did not think through wat u just said. Is nigeria better in the last six year of her coordination? If u are better financially from the minister's demerits, are ur neighbours better? Pls dont let me say something you wont like on Monday morning o
the point is that many ppl don't read before commenting on articles . Read the article again,HABA!!!!!!!! When okonjo came on board ,she met a subsidy annual payment of 2.4 trillion which she advised the president to stop paying , but when nigerians rejected the removal of subsidy payments to this oil cartel ,okonjo and her team have been able to trim the payment down to 900 billion and she is still claiming that the money they are paying isn't worth it , which means she isn't in support of oil subsidy payments . What I know is the subsidy payment removal which gej wanted to remove peacefully then ,buhari will remove it forcefully and there is nothing anybody can or will do about it . So nlc and nigerians should jeer up for at least 3 months strike . Bye .
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by Reference(m): 7:18am On May 04, 2015
onatisi:
didn't okonjo iwella and sanusi lamido warn you and nigerians about this subsidy payment in 2012? Wasn't it removed on the 1st of january 2012? When it was removed ,what did you do? Nigerians protested against this subsidy removal then by organising occupy nigeria protests in lagos, nlc went on strike , apc kept calling gej wicked and all sorts of names. Wasn't it nigerians that said the payment should continue that the oil subsidy is the only thing they enjoy from government?

Leave them dummies. They don't know that when people pay properly for things they chart the present and future courses of those things but when someone pays on your behalf you have no more rights than a slave. There are countries that rely solely on taxes whereby fuel is even taxed and yet have no shortages because government who is the beneficiary dares not upset the paying public. But here we want government both to pay and provide. I just laugh. What will happen if big oil is privatised and subsidies removed. Nothing. The heavens won't fall. Six months, the economy will adjust and stabilize but once and for all the people will have taken charge.

If you say Buhari built government refineries and he should do this again. Know this. Buhari will not be there forever. Even Jesus had to return to heaven at some stage and clearly there are no disciples to keep those refineries working the next 20, 50, 100. Doubt me.? Then where are the ones he built in the 80's. We are just kicking the can down the streets and losing money with this subsidy regime. It is not sustainable.
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by onatisi(m): 7:29am On May 04, 2015
Reference:

Leave them dummies. They don't know that when people pay properly for things they chart the present and future courses of those things but when someone pays on your behalf you have no more rights than a slave. There are countries that rely solely on taxes whereby fuel is even taxed and yet have no shortages because government who is the beneficiary dares not upset the paying public. But here we want government both to pay and provide. I just laugh. What will happen if big oil is privatised and subsidies removed. Nothing. The heavens won't fall. Six months, the economy will adjust and stabilize but once and for all the people will have taken charge.

If you say Buhari built government refineries and he should do this again. Know this. Buhari will not be there forever. Even Jesus had to return to heaven at some stage and clearly there are no disciples to keep those refineries working the next 20, 50, 100. Doubt me.? Then where are the ones he built in the 80's. We are just kicking the can down the streets and losing money with this subsidy regime. It is not sustainable.
exactly. If the payments removal had been allowed to stay then , nigerians would have passed this stage, people would have adjusted and govt will have no excuse. Private Refineries would have sprang up all over nigeria , but alas apc and the media demonised gej,okonjo and sanusi then. Well nigeria and nigerians are again back to square one . One thing I know is that buhari will remove this fraudulent payment scheme call oil subsidy and heaven won't fall.
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by sunkoye: 7:30am On May 04, 2015
onatisi:
the point is that many ppl don't read before commenting on articles . Read the article again,HABA!!!!!!!! When okonjo came on board ,she met a subsidy annual payment of 2.4 trillion which she advised the president to stop paying , but when nigerians rejected the removal of subsidy payments to this oil cartel ,okonjo and her team have been able to trim the payment down to 900 billion and she is still claiming that the money they are paying isn't worth it , which means she isn't in support of oil subsidy payments . What I know is the subsidy payment removal which gej wanted to remove peacefully then ,buhari will remove it forcefully and there is nothing anybody can or will do about it . So nlc and nigerians should jeer up for at least 3 months strike . Bye .
imagine a CFO of a non profitable company giving excuses in a board meeting that she couldn't fix some problems due to some inherent factors. What is she waiting for than to resign. She comes around to fix problems and she probably knows what she ia getting herself into. If she had ran world bank in a similar way do u fink she would have waited to be sacked b4 she tender her resignation letter? My standard showed she failed....dat might be ur own great achievement sha o.
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by Reference(m): 7:34am On May 04, 2015
How many people will vote for telecommunications to be handed back to government even if they promised it will be free. Then why are we toying with energy which is far more important. Isn't it clear that the NNPC which is saddled with providing us gasoline and who does not know how much it earns and has no audited books is not competent enough to handle such a critical sector. Government has no business in business. They are the worst service providers. Why leave them with critical stuff.
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by onatisi(m): 7:38am On May 04, 2015
sunkoye:
imagine a CFO of a non profitable company giving excuses in a board meeting that she couldn't fix some problems due to some inherent factors. What is she waiting for than to resign. She comes around to fix problems and she probably knows what she ia getting herself into. If she had ran world bank in a similar way do u fink she would have waited to be sacked b4 she tender her resignation letter? My standard showed she failed....dat might be ur own great achievement sha o.
bros ,u dey sleep?? Read what u wrote and see whether it correlate with the topic or even my post which u quoted. we are talking about oil subsidy payments and how detrimental it is to the survival and development of nigeria.
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by Nobody: 7:47am On May 04, 2015
CedarStudios:
Fix the refineries then take out subsidy (logic, good but for 6 yrs our GEJ could not consider it)

Take out subsidy without fixing refineries (bad move but one that GEJ loved) The fact that we have been faced with the same wahala for years does not mean that we should be condemned to be with it forever. This govt totally messed up on this count....
I agree with this...GEJ should have stepped on all toes to ensure the masses enjoy a measure of being citizens of Nigeria...stop the subsidy,build refineries and tell all the oil marketers to go to hell.. angry....

In the long run even the oil marketers would come to respect him for his boldness to tackle important issues...

Now we all have to suffer...
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by Nobody: 7:53am On May 04, 2015
IzonOwei:
I agree with this...GEJ should have stepped on all toes to ensure the masses enjoy a measure of being citizens of Nigeria...stop the subsidy,build refineries and tell all the oil marketers to go to hell.. angry....

In the long run even the oil marketers would come to respect him for his boldness to tackle important issues...

Now we all have to suffer...

My brother, there are certain variables you may never see from the position you are now.

GEJ tried to remove subsidy! What happened? Didn't we protest?
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by Nobody: 7:59am On May 04, 2015
dearpreye:

My brother, there are certain variables you may never see from the position you are now.

GEJ tried to remove subsidy! What happened? Didn't we protest?
I know it was hard for him..all he could have done was grow a thicker skin...the truth is GEJ could have resolved to to do what ever it takes for the common man to breath some fresh air...see as we dey suffer now na...its too much.....
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by Nobody: 8:01am On May 04, 2015
IzonOwei:
I know it was hard for him..all he could have done was grow a thicker skin...the truth is GEJ could have resolved to to do what ever it takes for the common man to breath some fresh air...see as we dey suffer now na...its too much.....

Never mind. The Messiah will soon take over!
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by Nobody: 8:09am On May 04, 2015
dearpreye:

grin grin...messiah buhari... grin...oboy we fit still enter one chance oo...human rulers na wa...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by Nobody: 8:13am On May 04, 2015
dearpreye:

meanwhile where have you been?...abei tubara.. cheesy
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by jibs4lv(m): 8:15am On May 04, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
though GEJ is still the president,but the emergence of Buhari as the president-elect is no doubt already having influence over our national affairs.
To an extent,the scarcity is a borne from his emergence
hummm tink straight atleast for once, why dis stupid sentiment of urs?u ar nt making sense u knw!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Effects Of Online Betting On Nigerian Youths / Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians / Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.