Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,938 members, 7,814,179 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. - Investment (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. (25806 Views)

OKONJO Iweala's Six Questions For Africans And Their Leaders / Youth Enterprise Conference Holding @ Eko Hotel And Suite / Virgin Atlantic Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Sacks Crew - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by sunkoye: 8:16am On May 04, 2015
onatisi:
bros ,u dey sleep?? Read what u wrote and see whether it correlate with the topic or even my post which u quoted. we are talking about oil subsidy payments and how detrimental it is to the survival and development of nigeria.
oh tell how we can discuss oil subsidy issues whilst exempting the coordinating minister's mistakes. well am just been real keeping abreast relevant functions of a finance minister.

yes the incoming government will remove subsidy but with nigerian interest at heart.
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by jibs4lv(m): 8:25am On May 04, 2015
onatisi:
bros ,u dey sleep?? Read what u wrote and see whether it correlate with the topic or even my post which u quoted. we are talking about oil subsidy payments and how detrimental it is to the survival and development of nigeria.
I wonder o!

1 Like

Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by btoks: 8:26am On May 04, 2015
supereagle:
I blame GEJ and Madam Okonjo-Iweala for this mess. When Abacha was Head of State we were not having fuel scarcity . When GEJ got there ,he promoted fuel importation and we found ourselves in this mess. If one of the four refineries is working , it will not be bad like this.
I seem to remember the Abacha stove run on saw dust during the Abacha regime.
Obviously, fuel scarcity is a perennial issue in Nigeria that needs to be tackled seriously,whatever the cause.
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by Kingspin(m): 8:28am On May 04, 2015
jstbeinhonest:
I lost respect 4 dis woman a long tym ago.
Na una way. Go and show that ur respect to a drug dealer.
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by onatisi(m): 8:28am On May 04, 2015
sunkoye:
oh tell how we can discuss oil subsidy issues whilst exempting the coordinating minister's mistakes. well am just been real keeping abreast relevant functions of a finance minister.

yes the incoming government will remove subsidy but with nigerian interest at heart.
ok ,I like ur attitude and persistence on what u believe is right. I have already answered ur questions but it seems u want us to discuss it ,this is the case. In 2011 when gej came on board fully, he saw the need to remove subsidy payments fully, this was advised by the cbn ,okonjo iwella and the president economic team. On the 1st of january 2012 ,the full subsidy payment was removed , okonjo iwella and sanusi and also gej tried to convince nigerians on the need to remove this payment if the country is to move forward. Apc and other groups sponsored protest rallies in lagos and other areas claiming there was no need to remove it since that was the only thing nigerians enjoy from their goverment. Are u getting me ? When okonjo came on board as minister ,she met an annual subsidy payment of 2.4trillion naira , but since nigerians have spoken that they want the payment to continue , all she could do was to trim down the payment and scrutinize it from 2.4trillion to 947billion And yet she is claiming that nigeria ought not to be paying this money at all. If u are a marketer and u want to sell fuel ,import the fuel and sell it at ur price no need for government subsidy. I hope I have cleared ur doubts about my posts now.
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by 989900: 8:33am On May 04, 2015
People protested the subsidy removal and rightly so, because they couldn't be told to fast, while their rulers were/are feasting.

They protested because, they couldn't trust their government to be sincere and astute enough to do the needful.

They protested because, N300b/ annum on subsidy was doable, as opposed to the N1.3-N1.4 trillon scam we were told at the Lagos town hall meeting, which NOI would tell us now is N2.3T. #discrepancy #dishonesty #incompetence

ATEOTD, subsidy was partially removed then.

Now, did we get the 'palliatives' promised, à la mass transit buses, low-fuel consumption vehicles, alternative energy development, fully-functional old refineries, new refineries, reduction in politicians wages and allowances, more-steady power supply and other promises, did we get those?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by Nobody: 8:36am On May 04, 2015
IzonOwei:
meanwhile where have you been?...abei tubara.. cheesy

Emi yooooo! I've been here na!
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by DanWrites(m): 10:58am On May 04, 2015
patmaine:

I bought 87\ litre at Mobil. amuwo...
Total here sold at normal price only the crowd could keep you there for hours. But much better this morning.
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by TheFreeOne: 1:08pm On May 04, 2015
freshdude99:

Come and help them out now Mr I too knw!
Rubbish! Its ur type that will stay at home and knw everything, lead subsidy protest and still come here to type nonsense!
Am even very happy the way things are playing out, pound for pound, every single Nigerian will have a share of his own suffering for the part we all played wether directly or indirectly to make GEJ administration a failure. lipsrsealed

I wonder whom those chanting change will blame when subsidy is finally removed and with a likely increase in tax too cos when Gej pushed for it the opposition demonised him but without realising they only postponed such mess for their messiah/Gmb.

Those realities are hitting Buhari in the face hence his recent denials of campaign promises.

1 Like

Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by TheFreeOne: 1:25pm On May 04, 2015
datribune:

Bros u ar wrong. It's actually a cartel of PDP fronts, cronies, govt sponsors & scions of PDP chieftains.
WHAT MOST NIGERIANS DON'T KNOW IS DAT D SUBSIDY BAZAAR TOOK A TURN 4 D WORSE WHEN AHMADU ALI BECAME PPPRA CHAIRMAN. Prior
to his appointment in 2009 there were just 49 importers. Ahmadu Ali single-handedly raised d number frm 49 importers to 140 between 2009 & 2011 & d subsidy payment ballooned frm N421.5b in 2009 to 2.19 trillion in 2011. One of those arraigned by EFCC in d subsidy scam was AHMADU ALI'S SON, Mamman Nasir Ali who runs Nasaman Oil Services. Another is Mahmud Tukur, who runs Eterna Oil and Gas Plc & is d SON OF ALHAJI BAMANGA TUKUR, former PDP chairman.

dis monumental rape of our national patrimony is true to character of d utterly corrupt, despicable & dysfunctional PDP's way of allocating import licences & sharing our national wealth among cronies, fronts, govt sponsors & party chieftains.

You are partly wrong. The so-called cabals cuts across all political parties and interests.

The protests against subsidy removal was funded by them using the media, human rights groups and the ignorance of the masses.
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by Israel5(m): 11:34pm On May 04, 2015
jstbeinhonest:
I lost respect 4 dis woman a long tym ago.
it doesnt change a thng
Re: Oil Marketers Holding Nation To Ransom,Says Okonjo-Iweala. by hush15: 6:06pm On May 05, 2015
emmatok:

We also know the carbals are also part of the GEJ government.

The same government the fraudulently pays subsidies on Kerosene.
The same government that lies over SUREP

The same government that failed to repair the refineries.

have you been to the refineries? Did you meet the workers or not body?

What do you know bout Kerosene subsidies? As someone in the oil and gas sector, non of these news baffles me cos I can deduce the truth. Kerosene subsidies didn't start with Jonathan and whatever troubles that has transpired has nothing to do with him. He wasn't minister for petroleum or whatever.

You can keep blaming Jonathan for the problems of yesteryears which in my opinion that he has been fair if you ask me. or accept that the sector is going through reforms many are not pleased with and are sabotaging government efforts cos it affects the greedy means of income.

For refineries to work, for now kick out subsidy payment to fight the cabals heads on. then you will begin to see are those that don't want the refinery to work.

Subsidy payments can then channeled to refineries by government. Breeding a new crop of marketers locally. The enemies of progress will become vivid and nigerians will know why the refineries didn't work.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Effects Of Online Betting On Nigerian Youths / Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians / Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.