Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries (27273 Views)

19-Year-Old Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her Husband (Throwback Photos) / Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi / I’m Not Behind Documentary On Jonathan, Patience And Alison-madueke — Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by Okuda(m): 2:02pm On May 04, 2015
SirChelseaAmb:
7. Nigeria Produced the First-ever female OPEC President
Nigeria's first female petroleum minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke, made history when she was elected to serve as the first female president of the 12-member Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) in 2014. Unfortunately, she (and consequently, Nigeria) will likely lose this position on May 20 when the present cabinet will be dissolved and she's not likely to be recalled by the incoming Muhammadu Buhari administration.

Email: ChineduNnarh@gmail.com

Twitter: @ChineduNnarh

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=756822227770836

Don't forget to like my Facebook page here

What does Gender have to do with Good governance and development? Silly!

2 Likes

Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 04, 2015
joseph1832:
That's why your level of mumuness is still very intact!!!.
Noted!
I love transformation
I hate "change"

1 Like

Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by joseph1832(m): 2:03pm On May 04, 2015
midolian:
you dey mind them? All these things they call achievements are means by which these women scammed Nigerians..
What annoys me most is the fact that they're women, because a woman builds a home and trains the child!.

With the record of thievery madam Daizy and Aunty Okon did, I wonder what manner of up bringing and training they will give their children and grandchildren!.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by Okuda(m): 2:04pm On May 04, 2015
SirChelseaAmb:
6. The Hosting of the World Economic Forum on Africa
In 2014, Nigeria became only the second country in sub-Saharan Africa (after South Africa) to host the World Economic Forum on Africa. The WEFA is an apex regional economic summit organized by the Switzerland-based World Economic Forum which brings together Africa's best brains in journalism, business, academics and politics to deliberate on the continent's most pressing socioeconomic issues. Official estimates by its managing director, Dr. Philipp Rosler, revealed that the 2014 WEFA attracted nearly $70 billion worth of investments to the continent and reached a global audience of about 2.1 billion people, mostly through the social media.

IF this is what you call an achievement then i weep for Africa!!! how has 70billion translated into better standard of living for the people of Nigeria? These to me, are just vague and wide achievements that has nothing to do with the development of Nigeria and its people!

4 Likes

Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by CLASSMAN: 2:05pm On May 04, 2015
So this is her cor ordination results for 6 years
Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by Okuda(m): 2:06pm On May 04, 2015
The only reasonable achievement here is number 1 and this did not have any impact on the lives of people!
Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by joseph1832(m): 2:06pm On May 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Noted!
I love transformation
I hate "change"
I see temitemi1 has infected you with the clueless virus! Thank goodness, the antidote will be available come May 29!.

I've book a seat for you and your friends. Barcanista will be sittting close to you!. As you guys happened to have gotten more infected than anybody else!. grin
Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by Jesusloveyou: 2:06pm On May 04, 2015
SirChelseaAmb:
OAM4J, Ikenna351, Afam4eva, lalasticlala
mod pls put this tin for dustbin,i dey shame for op

2 Likes

Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by PassingShot(m): 2:07pm On May 04, 2015
Elections are over and thus no need for any more campaigning.

I suspect this OP to be a certain Mr. Protection. I may be wrong though!
Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by luvmijeje(f): 2:07pm On May 04, 2015
[s]. The Hosting of the World Economic Forum on Africa
In 2014, Nigeria became only the second country in sub-Saharan Africa (after South Africa) to host the World Economic Forum on Africa. The WEFA is an apex regionaleconomic summit organized by the Switzerland-based World Economic Forum which brings together Africa's best brains in journalism, business, academics and politics to deliberate on the continent's most pressing socioeconomic issues. Official estimates by its managing director, Dr. Philipp Rosler, revealed that the 2014 WEFA attracted nearly $70 billion worth of investments to the continent and reached a global audience of about 2.1 billion people, mostly through the social media[/s]

Celebration of mediocrity.

5 Likes

Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by Beface(m): 2:08pm On May 04, 2015
Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by Beface(m): 2:08pm On May 04, 2015
All these does not have any positive effect on a market woman on the street.

1 Like

Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by ajalaolanr(m): 2:09pm On May 04, 2015
midolian:
The thunder wey go strike person wey write ds article stil dey gym..the only notable achievement as far as I am concerned is "Enriching themselves". All these so called achievements are means through which these women have used to scam Nigerians and enriches themselves.
I was abo u t cursing the owner of this article then I read your comment, needless I curse anymore..

Calling rebasing Nigerias economy an achievement worries me how the Nigerian lot thinks...it worries me a lot.!

5 Likes

Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by nationwide1(m): 2:12pm On May 04, 2015
Achievements? How much have those achievements translate into making the common man smile?

Op, try again.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by m1500: 2:13pm On May 04, 2015
SirChelseaAmb:
2. Partial Fuel Subsidy Removal
The decision of the Goodluck Jonathan Presidency to withdraw the subsidy paid on crude oil and natural gas products was a brilliant one, but its timing was extremely ill-advised, hence the massive protests that greeted its announcement in 2012. Fuel subsidy is a price manipulation technique employed by the government to fix the pump price of petroleum products at certain amounts, irrespective of their actual market prices, in order to make them affordable for the average Nigerian. To compensate the retailers for their losses, the government pays them the difference between the fixed prices of the products and their actual prices as determined by market forces. Needless to say, this subsidy regime is not sustainable and it goes against the principles of capitalism which Nigeria practices. If fully implemented, the removal of fuel subsidy in Nigeria will free up as much as $6 billion per annum, a sum that can be channelled into other sectors of the economy. But, the downsides of a rushed total fuel subsidy removal are numerous: an immediate spike in the pump price of petroleum products, transport fares and foodstuff; an increased spate of layoffs and business closures due to a rising cost of production; rising unemployment; an attendant deterioration in the standard of living of the average Nigerian; and civil unrest.

Just for my own learning; please can you clarify and possibly quantify the partial subsidy removal you're talking about?

2 Likes

Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by manutdadex(m): 2:16pm On May 04, 2015
joseph1832:
Oh for your info, I'm not married and given GEJ record of abysmal and recalcitrant performance, I will be very stewpid to have applied!.

In the words of Fela "Clear road for Jagajaga".
coward!!! Na from far u dey shout this river deep o! Olodo!! Fustration don finish u!!
Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by luvmijeje(f): 2:16pm On May 04, 2015
[s]
. Partial Fuel Subsidy Removal
The decision of the Goodluck Jonathan Presidency to withdraw the subsidy paid on crude oil and natural gas products was a brilliant one, but its timing was extremely ill-advised, hence the massive protests that greeted its announcement in 2012. Fuel subsidy is a price manipulation technique employed by the government to fix the pump price of petroleum products at certain amounts, irrespective of their actual market prices, in order to make them affordable for the average Nigerian. To compensate the retailers for their losses, the government pays them the difference between the fixed prices of the products and their actual prices as determined by market forces. Needless to say, this subsidy regime is not sustainable and it goes against the principles of capitalism which Nigeria practices. If fully implemented, the removal of fuel subsidy in Nigeria will free up as much as $6 billion per annum, a sum that can be channelled into other sectors of the economy. But, the downsides of a rushed total fuel subsidy removal are numerous: an immediate spike in the pump price of petroleum products, transport fares and foodstuff; an increased spate of layoffs and business closures due to a rising cost of production; rising unemployment; an attendant deterioration in the standard of living of the average Nigerian; and civil unrest.
[/s]

Arrant nonsense! What was the use of the partial fuel subsidy removal nonsense when the nation is still paying more for subsidy in comparison to when there was no subsidy removal.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by doctokwus: 2:18pm On May 04, 2015
midolian:
The thunder wey go strike person wey write ds article stil dey gym..the only notable achievement as far as I am concerned is "Enriching themselves". All these so called achievements are means through which these women have used to scam Nigerians and enrich themselves.
If na only gym he go better.D thunder wey go fire d person is still loading cannons in sambissa forest.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by BabaO2: 2:18pm On May 04, 2015
southniyikaye:
only this makes sense all other things written here are just senseless nonsense
Even this was achieved by monetary policy of Sanusi Lamido. CBN is an independent parastatal

3 Likes

Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by oluamid(m): 2:18pm On May 04, 2015
All these are not achievements if they don't translate to disposable income in the pocket of the ordinary man.

We can shout "Nigeria is Africa’s biggest economy" all we want but that won't buy us one cup of rice in the market.
Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by Williamso(m): 2:19pm On May 04, 2015
smh

OP, I don't think you know what you're writing. The greatest achievement by the ministry of petroleum under Allison-Madueke is the local content act, to discourage companies from using expatriates from jobs Nigerians can do, and where these expats must be used, a Nigerian must be trained to take over in a limited time. This, you left out to fill your post with BS!!! And its implementation has been good, though not perfect.

Still doesn't exonerate her from the gross corruption in the petroleum sector.

1 Like

Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by dodorima147(m): 2:19pm On May 04, 2015
U 4got d missin trillions dey conived and lotted
Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by ogundeleai(m): 2:20pm On May 04, 2015
Whoever posted this should cover his/her face...
Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by johnnee: 2:21pm On May 04, 2015
Achievements that are affecting peoples lives negatively. Is that really achievement? No jobs, no power, no good roads, etc

www.lovinworld.com
Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by kunyeo(m): 2:22pm On May 04, 2015
midolian:
The thunder wey go strike person wey write ds article stil dey gym..the only notable achievement as far as I am concerned is "Enriching themselves". All these so called achievements are means through which these women have used to scam Nigerians and enrich themselves.

very funny especially the thunder wey dey gym!
Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by manutdadex(m): 2:22pm On May 04, 2015
Beface:
All these does not have any positive effect on a market woman on the street.
how e no affect? Make i school u small...d people that came for the economic sumit wil use an hotel..d hotel wil provide accomodation and feeding...were d food supply come from? (market women on the street esp mile 12 lolz) and even cashless policy don turn iya basira to mobile money agent! A belive say na hate dey finish u dey go or beta stil fustration!

2 Likes

Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by bakila: 2:22pm On May 04, 2015
I laugh in robust pidgin english
Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by shammah1(m): 2:31pm On May 04, 2015
Go to school Ahmed
midolian:
Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 04, 2015
southniyikaye:
only this makes sense all other things written here are just senseless nonsense
cashless economy is a singular effort of Sanusi. No other person but Sanusi should take d glory.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apc’s Attack On Pastor Adeboye, A Demonstration Of Its Devilish Mind-set- PDP / Meet Deji Ogunsakin, Kolapo Olusola Eleka's Running Mate / Photos From The PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.