Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,076 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries (27274 Views)

19-Year-Old Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her Husband (Throwback Photos) / Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi / I’m Not Behind Documentary On Jonathan, Patience And Alison-madueke — Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by kolgs(f): 4:08pm On May 04, 2015
[color=#990000][/color][/b]
morounkola:
Can any of the beneficiaries of SURE-P and YOUWIN come and tell us how these programs have benefited them?

What is wrong with you clowns? Does this place look like a playing ground to you? undecided I hope the beneficiaries of the Sure-P, YouWin initiatives will not call on that thunder to strike you down......now scram boy!
[b]

My brother Sure-p is a big scam, I was called for the programm and I was to pay 30k before I could get the job, as if that one is not enough , I was told we will not collect salary until after 6months, because those guyz working there for over a year have not collect any salary. I wanted to pay and I remembered dt election is around d corner, if GEJ did not win d election den its fininshed. Thank God I dnt do it cos recently I saw the sure-p people protesting on television over payment of salary. The job they emplyed is d FERMA (fedral LASTMA)

1 Like

Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by zinachidi(m): 4:11pm On May 04, 2015
midolian:
The thunder wey go strike person wey write ds article stil dey gym..the only notable achievement as far as I am concerned is "Enriching themselves". All these so called achievements are means through which these women have used to scam Nigerians and enrich themselves.
read and understand before u start cursing, nutin pesin go do please una.
Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by Beface(m): 4:15pm On May 04, 2015
manutdadex:
how e no affect? Make i school u small...d people that came for the economic sumit wil use an hotel..d hotel wil provide accomodation and feeding...were d food supply come from? (market women on the street esp mile 12 lolz) and even cashless policy don turn iya basira to mobile money agent! A belive say na hate dey finish u dey go or beta stil fustration!
See local person way they talk. Am talking about the Micro and Macro that will create an enably environment which will bring about development in the Economy you busy talking about Hotel bill (IGNORANT).

1 Like

Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by arsenal33: 4:32pm On May 04, 2015
only one achievement, cashless policy.
And that was by Sanusi

2 Likes

Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 04, 2015
midolian:
The thunder wey go strike person wey write ds article stil dey gym..the only notable achievement as far as I am concerned is "Enriching themselves". All these so called achievements are means through which these women have used to scam Nigerians and enrich themselves.

Sorry for ur sense sha
Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by bams2999(m): 4:40pm On May 04, 2015
pls you forget big 1 most female's corrupt in the history of Nigeria
Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by tellmemore15: 4:45pm On May 04, 2015
midolian:

this person is a stark illiterate. QED
Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by Azo(m): 5:01pm On May 04, 2015
tomakint:

What is wrong with you clowns? Does this place look like a playing ground to you? undecided I hope the beneficiaries of the Sure-P, YouWin initiatives will not call on that thunder to strike you down......now scram boy!

Donu mean the sure-p employees currently protesting for being scammed by the Government?? Yeye..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by koladebrainiac(m): 5:39pm On May 04, 2015
SirChelseaAmb:
7. Nigeria Produced the First-ever female OPEC President
Nigeria's first female petroleum minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke, made history when she was elected to serve as the first female president of the 12-member Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) in 2014. Unfortunately, she (and consequently, Nigeria) will likely lose this position on May 20 when the present cabinet will be dissolved and she's not likely to be recalled by the incoming Muhammadu Buhari administration.

Email: ChineduNnarh@gmail.com

Twitter: @ChineduNnarh

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=756822227770836

Don't forget to like my Facebook page here
una papa so this na achievement? chai!!!

1 Like

Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by Akainzo(m): 5:45pm On May 04, 2015
SirChelseaAmb:
2. Partial Fuel Subsidy Removal
The decision of the Goodluck Jonathan Presidency to withdraw the subsidy paid on crude oil and natural gas products was a brilliant one, but its timing was extremely ill-advised, hence the massive protests that greeted its announcement in 2012. Fuel subsidy is a price manipulation technique employed by the government to fix the pump price of petroleum products at certain amounts, irrespective of their actual market prices, in order to make them affordable for the average Nigerian. To compensate the retailers for their losses, the government pays them the difference between the fixed prices of the products and their actual prices as determined by market forces. Needless to say, this subsidy regime is not sustainable and it goes against the principles of capitalism which Nigeria practices. If fully implemented, the removal of fuel subsidy in Nigeria will free up as much as $6 billion per annum, a sum that can be channelled into other sectors of the economy. But, the downsides of a rushed total fuel subsidy removal are numerous: an immediate spike in the pump price of petroleum products, transport fares and foodstuff; an increased spate of layoffs and business closures due to a rising cost of production; rising unemployment; an attendant deterioration in the standard of living of the average Nigerian; and civil unrest.

It is ONLY in Nigeria that one can remove subsidy partially (45%) and yet end up paying more than what he/she paid while subsidy was 100%. And still have people believe it is an achievement to be celebrated. Kai!!!
Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by wordcat(m): 6:28pm On May 04, 2015
tomakint:

But the op made it look like a playing ground seriously

2 Likes

Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by wordcat(m): 6:29pm On May 04, 2015
Akainzo:

It is ONLY in Nigeria that one can remove subsidy partially (45%) and yet end up paying more than what he/she paid while subsidy was 100%. And still have people believe it is an achievement to be celebrated. Kai!!!

That's y I do call Nigeria a British Zoo

1 Like

Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by Akiika: 6:33pm On May 04, 2015
All on paper!!!......people still dey suffer anyhow!

1 Like

Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by djjosh(m): 6:36pm On May 04, 2015
REBASING IS NOT AN ACHIEVEMENT MR/MRS WRITER, AND IT WILL NEVER BE. IT MUST PSYCHOLOGY YOU STUDIED OR ZOOLOGY I GUESS!

1 Like

Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by juman(m): 6:41pm On May 04, 2015
A fail government.

All those things enumerated do not improve peoples' lifes.

1 Like

Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by TundeCole(m): 7:22pm On May 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
And dey kip shouting change
Hope we don't regret voting transformation out of power
I hate "change"

Ur problem is YOU ARE DEFICIENT UPSTAIRS! QED!!

1 Like

Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by chigoizie7(m): 7:53pm On May 04, 2015
The THUNDER wey go strike the person wey write all those trash still de receive instructions from ME, fool.

1 Like

Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by 14(m): 8:07pm On May 04, 2015
SirChelseaAmb:
7 Commendable and Remarkable Achievements of the Ministries of Finance and Petroleum Resources Under Goodluck Jonathan by CHINEDU NNARH

It is common knowledge that the outgoing Goodluck Ebele Jonathan administration has not lived up to the lofty expectations thrust on it upon its inauguration in 2011, and the federal ministries of Finance and Petroleum Resources have often been singled out for intense criticisms. Though they could have achieved a lot more than they were able to muster, the ministries headed by the under-fire duo of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and Diezani Alison-Madueke — the two most powerful, most popular and most maligned members of President Jonathan's cabinet — cannot be dismissed as utter failures. Below is a compilation of 7 laudable achievements that were recorded in the pivotal ministries under President Jonathan.

1. The Rebasing of the National GDP: During Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's tenure as the finance minister, Nigeria's GDP was successfully rebased for the first time in 24 years. This commendable effort not only made Nigeria Africa's largest economy, but it also kept us on course to breeze into the exclusive and elusive club of the world's 20 largest economies by 2020. The only (and major) downside of this achievement, however, was its failure to trickle down to the average Nigerian. By rebasing our Gross Domestic Product, the economy merely expanded on the basis of the increasing population figures of the country and not due to its increased productivity. In essence, what we got was an economic growth without an economic development.

COOKED

just to attract foreign direct investments, FDI
Its not true reality on the ground
Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by papalumi29(m): 8:24pm On May 04, 2015
SirChelseaAmb:
3. Creation of Sure-P and Related Programmes
The Subsidy Re-investment Programme (SURE-P), Graduate Internship Scheme (GIS), Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria (YOUWIN), Community Service Scheme (CSS), National Industrial Revolution Plan (NIRP) and Growing Girls and Women in Nigeria (GWIN) were some of the palliative programmes created by the federal government in response to the partial fuel subsidy removal of 2012. Together, these collaborations between the Federal Ministry of Finance and other federal ministries, parastatals and agencies have yielded almost 2 million direct, indirect and temporary jobs across the country.

Sure What??, pls open this link and be cured of your ignorance!

www.naij.com/432250-photos-sure-pferma-recruit-staff-protest-in-lagos.html

" According to the coordinator of the protest,
Aderibigbe Kayode Vincent,” we heard from
a source within the presidency that Chief
Bode George told Mr President he paid us
N350,000 each. This is big lie. We have
not been paid a dime for the three years
that we have worked. We have over 70,000
staffs and they are owing us more than
N350,000 so I don’t know where he got
that figure from.
“ We ought to have had this protest on the
eve of the governorship election but
because they knew it will negatively affect
the chances of the PDP at the polls, they
called us and begged that we should shelve
it. We went to their office on the Friday
before the election as earlier scheduled and
we waited till 7pm and they refused to
show up and address us.
“We already wrote all the appropriate
authorities on this ugly development
including the Police, ICPC, EFCC, our
lawyer and others and they advised that we
embark on the protest hence our money
will not be paid,” he said."
Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by manutdadex(m): 8:28pm On May 04, 2015
Beface:

See local person way they talk. Am talking about the Micro and Macro that will create an enably environment which will bring about development in the Economy you busy talking about Hotel bill (IGNORANT).
now relax and use ur brain for a min, d woman selling pepper at mile 12 market that supplies d hotel foodstuffs(i mentioned dat in my last post)...now compare dat wit ur macro and micro biznesses u mentioned...and tell me d diff...common sense nt quatum physics
Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by Rick9(m): 9:09pm On May 04, 2015
Still looking for the so called achievements, anyway the topic title should be change to
Okonjo Iweala and Diezani Allison Maduekwe Top List of Those Going To Jail.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by Sunky200: 9:57pm On May 04, 2015
I heard okonjo salary is being paid in dollar, if this is true then it means that she never believed in naira, she never believed in Nigeria economy and she never believed in Nigeria.
I am therefore not surprised that naira could not be helped when its value depreciates.
#I stand to be corrected..

1 Like

Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by Beface(m): 12:16am On May 05, 2015
manutdadex:
now relax and use ur brain for a min, d woman selling pepper at mile 12 market that supplies d hotel foodstuffs(i mentioned dat in my last post)...now compare dat wit ur macro and micro biznesses u mentioned...and tell me d diff...common sense nt quatum physics
Open your eyes and see the big picture. Common sense should tell you that market woman in this context mean ordinary citizens that does not understand all those grammar but the effect of the Nigeria Economy on them. Use your brain to grasp any post you read rather than jumping to expose your IGNORANT OR SENTIMENT. Are you not in this country or are you with the school of thought that GEJ/OKONJO is the best? Let me know if you are still interested in the Micro and Macro. Haha.... i they laugh in my language.
Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by delugajackson: 1:05am On May 05, 2015
Just when I thought it was the end of the road for us..Change is here to stay. They can take their achievements to the moon for all I care.
Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by Nobody: 11:49am On May 05, 2015
manutdadex:
financing it is too minute compare to the vast benefits...investors wil av first hand experience of what d country can offer as benefits if they invest...government or private market women go always feel d effect
So what has changed since den?
Re: 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries by trw: 6:35pm On May 06, 2015
y

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off / 2019: How Ambode Incurred Wrath Of Lagos APC Elders / Garba Shehu: Why Shiites Protesters Are Not Intelligent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.