Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,034 members, 7,821,575 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Should She Consent For An Arranged Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should She Consent For An Arranged Marriage? (943 Views)

What Is It Like To Have An Arranged Marriage? My Story / Sexual Consent Form That Went Berserk On Twitter / Arranged Marriage For My Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should She Consent For An Arranged Marriage? by aristocrazzy: 8:09pm On May 04, 2015
My coursemate in univ. Ama is gorgeous girl infact all the boiz in my class chasing her but she is reserved and quiet. She has no sexual experience in her life because of the strict home she is raised in.
But she visited me yesterday saying she ran out of her home because her parents have forcefully engaged her to a rich young guy whom they say is the best suitor for her. She is 22 she even said that the man has already paid for their house rent (because she lives with her family in univ, area). Nawa O.

This is serious and she needs advice urgently, because I fear what future might yield if she keeps running from her parents like this. Pls oo
Re: Should She Consent For An Arranged Marriage? by agarawu23(m): 8:11pm On May 04, 2015
what's your relationship with the lady for her to tell u this?
Re: Should She Consent For An Arranged Marriage? by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 04, 2015
Op you're a suspect o.. You mean she ran away from home and the first person she goes to is you?

Abdullahi give this Op 12
Re: Should She Consent For An Arranged Marriage? by spongeisback: 8:14pm On May 04, 2015
Tell Ama not to marry this man...she should keep waiting for one Eduardo to come and sweep her off her feet. In the next 20 years Na her body go tell her.

1 Like

Re: Should She Consent For An Arranged Marriage? by ronald4lif(m): 8:31pm On May 04, 2015
Some parents be trading their daughter for financial gains. The man himself is very st*pid for attempting to blackmail a girl to marry him via her parents. Since he seems to have the money why not go through the right channel by meeting the girl herself and try to convince her. With money the chances are likely.

She has to consider her family financial background and her studies in whichever decision she makes. Are her parents able to afford the rent and subsequent rents if the man hadn't paid?. How about her studies? Are they buoyant enough to fund her through uni or they're exploring ways to lift the burden of her school sponsorship off their shoulders? If the man becomes an in-law will things be more smooth for her family, financially? If her family is experiencing a lot of hardship then perhaps she should consider doing her parents bidding. Not because it is right but because the circumstance is unfavourable.

Also, I don't think running will help her in this situation. She has to face her parents and give them reasons why she can't marry him. Listen to theirs as well before arriving at a better decision. But if at the end of the day she decide to accept the man's proposal she must insist on completing her studies.

My only fears about such men is that they will be abusive and chauvinistic in nature. He may end up reminding her of how he's helping her family and will always act as if he did her and her family a big favour marrying her.
Re: Should She Consent For An Arranged Marriage? by elantraceey(f): 8:31pm On May 04, 2015
This is the point where she will have to start learning how to take financial responsibility for herself because her are most likely going to almost disown her if she doesn't consent, i've seen parents like that but for her future sake she shouldn't try to do that because it only by luck such marriages end well.
Re: Should She Consent For An Arranged Marriage? by ViralBOY: 8:39pm On May 04, 2015
Nawa oo. Op let her not marry the man oo. shocked
She will be in bondage all her life. Money won't solve this.and beta let her go because if her know of whreabout in your place.
Don't let me tell u what might happen sad
Re: Should She Consent For An Arranged Marriage? by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 04, 2015
Too late for anything to be done.
Re: Should She Consent For An Arranged Marriage? by ViralBOY: 8:42pm On May 04, 2015
spongeisback:
Tell Ama not to marry this man...she should keep waiting for one Eduardo to come and sweep her off her feet. In the next 20 years Na her body go tell her.
U shouldn't hve commented at all, perv. tongue
Re: Should She Consent For An Arranged Marriage? by spongeisback: 8:44pm On May 04, 2015
ViralBOY:

U shouldn't hve commented at all, perv. tongue
I guess you sir, don't know the meaning of that word perv. undecided

1 Like

Re: Should She Consent For An Arranged Marriage? by aristocrazzy: 8:47pm On May 04, 2015
spongeisback:
embarassed
Re: Should She Consent For An Arranged Marriage? by aristocrazzy: 8:52pm On May 04, 2015
agarawu23:
what's your relationship with the lady for her to tell u this?
She's my closest friend we met in the legion of mary society meeting as well as my coursemate we share some things together as friends and she is reserved with not much friends in her life.
Re: Should She Consent For An Arranged Marriage? by aristocrazzy: 8:53pm On May 04, 2015
EricRichie:
Op you're a suspect o.. You mean she ran away from home and the first person she goes to is you?

Abdullahi give this Op 12
Can't pple be serious for once embarassed
Re: Should She Consent For An Arranged Marriage? by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 04, 2015
aristocrazzy:

Can't pple be serious for once embarassed

Who loose this one from your cage?
Re: Should She Consent For An Arranged Marriage? by richidinho(m): 9:21pm On May 04, 2015
Pishure of the gurl in ghost sad mode orrrrrrr

Idonbilivit
Re: Should She Consent For An Arranged Marriage? by cyprus000: 9:29pm On May 04, 2015
spongeisback:
[size=13pt]
gringringrin

Madman,you no get chill atallgrin.

Too much of nollywood is bad,not that am subscribing that she should yeild to pressure.
But at least,she should give the guy a trial.
Maybe things will work out btwn them.
[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Top 13 Signs Your Long Distance Flirtationship Won’t Work / Why Are There So Many Spinsters Around Us? / Ladies! Choose 5 Main Qualities To Create Your Ideal Boyfriend And Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.