Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,143 members, 7,953,525 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:02 PM

Why Are There So Many Spinsters Around Us? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are There So Many Spinsters Around Us? (959 Views)

Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. / My Great Fear For Many Nigeria Spinsters. / Seven Sects Of Spinsters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There So Many Spinsters Around Us? by Heromaniaa: 6:16pm On May 29, 2015
The other day I was having a conversation with my female relatives/friends ... I tried to find out why they are still spinsters. I mean they are pretty, tall, well behaved and graduates and old enough to tie the nuptial knot. They told me that husbands are scarce. Somehow I found this reason unreasonable... So I decided to bring it up here. Note: These said relatives by reason of their strict upbringing seldom go to parties and social events. So I'd like to know... Why are there so many spinsters all around us. Is it truly because men are scarce or these spinsters haven't made themselves available
Cc: Lalasticlacla Unibenstudent missclassy prettythicksme prettyvhickie MrCork
Re: Why Are There So Many Spinsters Around Us? by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 29, 2015
This is the answer.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Spinsters Around Us? by ArchEnemy(m): 6:28pm On May 29, 2015
You copied Mr Cork?
You should know his answer-because they are not light skinned

Anyways, You need to harness individual reasons to find your answer.

There are single men o
It should rather be: the very kind of man I want is scarce.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Spinsters Around Us? by Redoil: 6:35pm On May 29, 2015
Most men who are ready to settle down are not financially sound to do that though most of them are hard working.
Our society does not encouraged a woman to to marry a man that is not financially sound though that does not make the women folks greedy or golddigger.
If a lady is working and earning something and she comes accross a man who is ready to marry her though not earning big or not working i will suggest she should take the risk and go ahead and marry him. As for tomorrow she is pregnant and nobody knows what she might beget.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Spinsters Around Us? by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 29, 2015
probably the criteria they set for men that would come their way are too high for men to meet.e.g the man must be the following; handsome, economically buoyant, be, smart, be tolerant, be God-fearing, has a car, build a house, has international passport etc. and if those men did not meet up they would prefer being a nun or remain spinster to marrying #justsaying
Re: Why Are There So Many Spinsters Around Us? by Jayjay0(m): 6:48pm On May 29, 2015
Husbands are not scarce.

Most young girls have been corrupt with the mentality that "Many people are married and are not happy with their marriages and they are looking for way to leave".

They tend to carry that idea until is too late then they run to churches and or say that HUSBAND ARE SCARCE
Re: Why Are There So Many Spinsters Around Us? by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 29, 2015
Husbands are scarce?
That's interesting.
Re: Why Are There So Many Spinsters Around Us? by czarr(m): 7:08pm On May 29, 2015
.....man Neva feed himself finish,.....to com de responsible for two,naaaah!
Re: Why Are There So Many Spinsters Around Us? by ronald4lif(m): 7:23pm On May 29, 2015
In life our views are piloted towards the route our minds are fixated at. We're quick to spot out spinsters but fails to see bachelors, some at almost 40. I hardly get it when people make an issue of more spinsters when there are equally as much bachelors.

Let's assume there are more spinsters against bachelors. It could be because in a Nigerian setting once a girl approaches 20 marriage becomes her top priority. Same can't be said for guys who needs to ensure they are well-to-do and financially buoyant before taking a leap on marriage. With some meeting their targeted life goals in their thirties.

Also, when you observe keenly you'd realise that atleast 90% of those purported spinsters cursors are geared towards the already made men, the wealthy ones. But in reality, the rich ones aren't up to one-third of the spinsters preferred choices. This could bring about the imbalance (if any) between the both gender.
Re: Why Are There So Many Spinsters Around Us? by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 29, 2015
grin The Economic situation has not been too fair to men.
Also, due to the high rate of premarital immoral relationships, men enjoy virtually everything they should have enjoyed in marriage with an additional bonus... relative ease of backing out at anytime, t and 'testing other waters' since there are no marital attachments yet.

(1) (Reply)

Dechandel Am In Londons An Av Not See U / Just Curious / I Really Can't Wait!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.