Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Wise Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Marriage. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wise Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Marriage. (1461 Views)

My Neighbor And Her Daughter Keep Seducing Me Pls Help Me! / Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Marriage / Words Of A Mother To Her DAUGHTER ABOUT MARRIAGE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wise Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Marriage. by vera031(f): 8:31am On May 05, 2015
1. The wife that wins all arguments with her husband is not wise. The home is not a law court.

2. The wife that uses sex as a weapon in the home - placing embargo, going to bed in jeans shorts and trousers - lacks wisdom.

3. The wife that uses the modern trends and laws of "women's rights" to insult or ridicule her husband simply makes a fool of herself.

4. A woman that makes her home devoid of peace through bickering, nagging and quarrels needs help. A man should be eager to run away from office to be at home, for that should be the safest and cosiest place on earth for him.

5. Modern-day equality in marriage does not mean competition. It simply means partnership. Taking advantage of such equality to turn around and become the de facto head of the home and oppress the man is tantamount to playing with fire. If you destroy your home, soon you will be the boss of an
empty home.

6. A wise wife makes the man feel so good that he assumes that he is the head. Once he gets that feeling, the woman gently wields her power and the head actually turns to wherever the neck wants without a protest.

7. A wife that does not pull herself away from friends' influence and advice or even from the control of her mother and father will have herself to blame.

8. When a man is looking for a wife, he
bypasses women of different shapes and sizes to choose a wife. But soon after childbirth, many women hide under the excuse of childbirth to let go of themselves. Many stop bothering about their looks, shape, dressing,
etc. Within 5 years of marriage, people start wondering if the wife is the man's aunt, even though she is 7 years younger. Her defence is that if he truly loves her, he should love her the way she is, but when looking for a wife, he
saw people like the present YOU and ignored them and settled for the former YOU. Today, you go to bed smelling of onions.... You go to bed wearing grandmothers' clothes. Why are you playing with your marriage? Love is not
about looks - we know. But looks enhances love and marriage. There is a difference between someone disfiguring herself and the person being disfigured by an accident. Please don't be complacent. As hard as it may be, work on looking like you were when he first saw you and began the chase.

9. If every night you are tired, sleepy, sore, down with headache or fever, "not in the mood," you are a joker, a serious comedian!

10. If your children suddenly become more important to you than your husband, you need prayers.

11. If you assume that as the woman, only you need to be pampered and fussed over while the man is a stone that has no emotions, you need to be pitied.

12. A woman that has the mind of a wife does not excite her husband. Wives are usually complacent and presumptuous. A wife must strive to have the mind of a girlfriend. A girlfriend is always nicer, sweeter, more loving and always thinking of ways to wow her sweetheart; a girlfriend does not try to win all arguments, does not call the man a "useless man", is not careless about her looks or dressing, always smiles and laughs with the
man, sends the man sweet messages and calls, etc. Are you your husband's girlfriend in word and in deed?
LASTLY, DO NOT INFORM ME OF YOUR
QUARRELS, I DIDN’T JOIN YOU TOGETHER, GOD
DID, GO AND INFORM HIM AND HE WILL SORT
YOU OUT.

Nb: I'm not married but I saw the post and decided to share.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wise Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Marriage. by shakazuldadon: 8:32am On May 05, 2015
right back
Re: Wise Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Marriage. by iceberylin(m): 8:52am On May 05, 2015
cool.
Re: Wise Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Marriage. by tuffgongjo(m): 10:04am On May 05, 2015
O make sense.
Re: Wise Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Marriage. by Nobody: 10:05am On May 05, 2015
ok
Re: Wise Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Marriage. by Nobody: 10:10am On May 05, 2015
aaaahh..coolest advice ever..i pray niger babes follow the advice oo cos nah d opposite dem go dey do..
Re: Wise Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Marriage. by IamOdin: 10:18am On May 05, 2015
If only all women knows this then Nigeria won't be dragging the bragging right with U.S for most divorcee's!!
Re: Wise Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Marriage. by Nobody: 10:20am On May 05, 2015
if only women know how sweet and romantic it is to be submissive.

Its a pity most naija girls believe ''they have equal rights with the guy, so if he says one, i say two''. the thing is, no one is saying you have no right, or you cant make your views known. but there is a sweet and sexy way of doing it. its called been submissive.

No 1. really strikes me alot. i once dated a law student. OMG, every single argument is a court case undecided she must win oo. she would tell you why ure not supposed to sleep with your eyes closed. always arguing nd nagging. worst of all, even when u catch her with another guy in bed, she would so twist the whole thing that at the end of the day, u would still be the one to beg her. that IMO, is far from an housegirl material not to talk of wife material.
Re: Wise Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Marriage. by ronald4lif(m): 10:31am On May 05, 2015
Modern day equality in marriage is one major problem in many homes today. Infact, it's not even an equality, women have been given more rights than their men and a lot of them get intoxicated with this powers the government has bestowed on them that what it's left is to kick the man out of his home. A lot of them are already kicking their man out sha.

Although I'm for fairness in marriage but I can't really say for a fact if this equal right of a thing is worth it for many.

A lot of men are becoming more skeptical about marriage as they simply don't know what the outcome will be like. Before now, women were endangered specie in marriage but it seems like the reverse is now the case with this equal right thing.

1 Like

Re: Wise Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Marriage. by davidif: 6:29pm On Feb 19, 2016
Nice post.
Re: Wise Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Marriage. by davidif: 6:30pm On Feb 19, 2016
Why didn't this post make the front page?
Re: Wise Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Marriage. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 19, 2016
wow, I love this.
Re: Wise Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Marriage. by cruzita(f): 6:51pm On Feb 19, 2016
that woman must be my mum no difference.Exactly the kind of words that comes out from her mouth and it has really helped us .God bless mothers worldwide
Re: Wise Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Marriage. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 19, 2016
Coolest advice ever....

I'm glad my thoughts bout having a successful and everlasting marriage aligns with this advice

(1) (Reply)

Come~back To Me My Love Or Love Me By Force --advice / Who Disagrees Or Agrees With This? The Top Ten Rules Of Text Message Etiquette / True Life Story!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.