Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,650 members, 7,816,665 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

How My Husband Helped When I Felt Worthless. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How My Husband Helped When I Felt Worthless. (773 Views)

My Husband joystick Is Too Small To Satisfy Me / Goodbye Nairalanders, I Will Commit Suicide To End My Worthless Life / My Husband Maltreats And Subjects Me To Vaginal Test: Wife Tells Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How My Husband Helped When I Felt Worthless. by easymanofdpeopl(m): 10:48pm On May 05, 2015
Say "thank you"
Dan's acknowledgement of my efforts in his behalf, and on behalf of our family, took on new meaning after my mental health crisis. When I did resume my household duties, they were much more appreciated.

Work together

It meant a great deal to me when my Dan would lend a helping hand with the cleaning, dishes and household maintenance without being asked to do so. The tasks became a shared burden, and the load was definitely lightened. More importantly, my feelings of worth increased when I felt that he cared for my health and well-being.

Encourage the children to be helpful

In his desire to lift my load, Dan encouraged the children to be more helpful. When they saw him pitch in, they, too, were more willing to help with their household duties. When we worked together as a family, things were done much more quickly.

Share affection

Dan would walk up behind me while I was cooking or doing dishes and give me a hug. This sharing of affection soothed my troubled spirit and helped me to relax as I was putting forth effort on his and the children's behalf. I felt more loved and appreciated when he exhibited personal attraction to me as his companion.

Assure me of my worth

When I did talk about feeling like I wasn't worth anything, Dan would listen to my feelings, and then assure me that I was worthwhile to him, our family and to the Lord. He helped me to remember that what I was doing as a wife and mother was important, not just now, but eternally.

Allow me to pursue my hobbies and interests

When Dan suggested that I join a club or take some time to do what I wanted to do, I felt a sense of freedom. I was able to enjoy being with friends, and at the same time, develop my talents and abilities without feeling that I had taken something away from the family in the process. Our children could see my happiness increase, and encouraged my involvement as well.

Take time to be together

Dan helped me make arrangements for our children's needs so that he could take me with him on outings. I felt more fulfilled as a spouse, and as a mother of my children, because he took the time to do something with me that we both enjoyed.

The efforts of my husband in my behalf helped to reduce my default thoughts of worthlessness. He never complained when I went to my appointments, because he knew how much I needed the additional support and strength the doctors and counselors provided.

I learned that in relationships, it is important to replace "I" with "We." When my husband and I worked together, both in our household responsibilities and in teaching and caring for our children, we fortified our marriage and strengthened one another.

During this difficult time in our lives, we learned firsthand that both husband and wife are critically important in the family unit -- not just in the duties each fulfills, but in the support and strength we give to one another!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Husband Helped When I Felt Worthless. by Ezedon(m): 10:52pm On May 05, 2015
Its a long story

1 Like

Re: How My Husband Helped When I Felt Worthless. by nnamdiosu(m): 5:30am On May 06, 2015
easymanofdpeopl:
Say "thank you"
Dan's acknowledgement of my efforts in his behalf, and on behalf of our family, took on new meaning after my mental health crisis. When I did resume my household duties, they were much more appreciated.

Work together

It meant a great deal to me when my Dan would lend a helping hand with the cleaning, dishes and household maintenance without being asked to do so. The tasks became a shared burden, and the load was definitely lightened. More importantly, my feelings of worth increased when I felt that he cared for my health and well-being.

Encourage the children to be helpful

In his desire to lift my load, Dan encouraged the children to be more helpful. When they saw him pitch in, they, too, were more willing to help with their household duties. When we worked together as a family, things were done much more quickly.

Share affection

Dan would walk up behind me while I was cooking or doing dishes and give me a hug. This sharing of affection soothed my troubled spirit and helped me to relax as I was putting forth effort on his and the children's behalf. I felt more loved and appreciated when he exhibited personal attraction to me as his companion.

Assure me of my worth

When I did talk about feeling like I wasn't worth anything, Dan would listen to my feelings, and then assure me that I was worthwhile to him, our family and to the Lord. He helped me to remember that what I was doing as a wife and mother was important, not just now, but eternally.

Allow me to pursue my hobbies and interests

When Dan suggested that I join a club or take some time to do what I wanted to do, I felt a sense of freedom. I was able to enjoy being with friends, and at the same time, develop my talents and abilities without feeling that I had taken something away from the family in the process. Our children could see my happiness increase, and encouraged my involvement as well.

Take time to be together

Dan helped me make arrangements for our children's needs so that he could take me with him on outings. I felt more fulfilled as a spouse, and as a mother of my children, because he took the time to do something with me that we both enjoyed.

The efforts of my husband in my behalf helped to reduce my default thoughts of worthlessness. He never complained when I went to my appointments, because he knew how much I needed the additional support and strength the doctors and counselors provided.

I learned that in relationships, it is important to replace "I" with "We." When my husband and I worked together, both in our household responsibilities and in teaching and caring for our children, we fortified our marriage and strengthened one another.

During this difficult time in our lives, we learned firsthand that both husband and wife are critically important in the family unit -- not just in the duties each fulfills, but in the support and strength we give to one another!

thank God for u ma. i really appreciate this post. its well. God bless you and your family

(1) (Reply)

Four Steps On How I Installed Peace Between Couples Having Family Problems / 10-month-old Baby Found Floating 1 Kilometer Out On Sea After Parents ‘forgot’ A / Please Advise!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.