Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha (47209 Views)

Workers Protest In Warri Over 13 Months Salary (pic + Video) / List Of States Owing Salaries Of 6 Months And Above? Why Single Out Osun State? / Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by Positiveminds(m): 9:22pm On May 06, 2015
I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH OUR GOVERNORS. THEY ARE JUST OVER-DEPENDENT ON THE FG. WHY CAN'T THEY GENERATE REVENUE ON THEIR OWN. THEY DON'T WANNA WORK. CRIMINALS.
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by waltexx: 9:23pm On May 06, 2015
mekaboy:
I vfcwounder the type of people those children will become, when the basic education is messed up.
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by lilygabriel08: 9:23pm On May 06, 2015
so instead of paying school teachers they all decided to hold an expensive meeting and talk about their first class or private jet journey out of the country, nigerians voted for changed but it seems its soldier put soldier go cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by Missmossy(f): 9:26pm On May 06, 2015
I reserve my comment grin
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by nortcentrallord(m): 9:26pm On May 06, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
your source is questionable. Could you please provide a credible source?

Very Shameful of you to say. Must you people complain of everything? This is not like posting Reinhard Bonke's crusade pix as apc's rally. I really feel ashamed arguing with you lots sometimes. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by Reference(m): 9:27pm On May 06, 2015
ibietela2:
Is it that all the 36 States don't generate revenue? Y depend on oil? Is there no minerals?

Yeas. We hap flenty, flenty minerals. We hap Danta Kola, Koka Kola, Fepsi and Sifirite....
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by ooshinibos: 9:28pm On May 06, 2015
I cannot believe this Governor was re-elected ...who voted for a governor that not paid salary for 13 months .. Okorocha did you pay your salary ?
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by nortcentrallord(m): 9:32pm On May 06, 2015
ibietela2:
Is it that all the 36 States don't generate revenue? Y depend on oil? Is there no minerals?

We have 36 block heads + hollow heads fronting as governors. Worst of all, the masses are even the most gullible. This country is a mistake. Sorry to say.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by Charly68: 9:32pm On May 06, 2015
So the federal Govt is in deep problem financially, where did the president get the 2 trillions that newspapers said he expended during his electioneering campaign . I think Nigerians should ask question. Was it his salary that he spent like that including the dollars he was distributing around . May God help GMB to perform ooo
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by 1miccza: 9:35pm On May 06, 2015
God go punish this stupid one handed slowpoke called Rochas.. The other governors that paid theirs are not in the same economy or nation isn't it?yeye slowpoke!!

3 Likes

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by 1miccza: 9:37pm On May 06, 2015
Missmossy:
I reserve my comment grin

Aunty because you dey reserve your comment na in make you do your mouth like person wey wan mess for your pishure??
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by Guk: 9:37pm On May 06, 2015
13th Month Salary is what is meant

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by chigoizie7(m): 9:38pm On May 06, 2015
*13 months? What did he do with 2014 budget?
*Don't imo make use of their IGR?
*How can u owe the same people that will teach all those. pupils on free education?

Yet u are shouting change up and down.

*Of all the states in south-east na only u de owe,upon say imo follow for states wey de collect the largest share of allocations from FG.

*of all the states in south-south, na only rivers de owe.
*i also know say lagos state de owe.

APChange

#GMBmustperform
#qoutemenot
#onelove

3 Likes

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by Daykoozy(m): 9:38pm On May 06, 2015
Why don't these legislator clowns also withhold their salaries like the good public servants they are.
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by nortcentrallord(m): 9:39pm On May 06, 2015
Chigold101:
see, heat & read what this thieve is saying here in support of a BIGER thief called Rochas.

Why is it Imo state, oil producing state is owing 13 months, Anambra state none oil producing state is not owing. Inshot Willie M. Obiano increased every worker‘s salary in february.

How come GEJ‘s looting is not affecting state like Anambra & Enugu.

WHAT IS ROCHAS DOING WITH IMO STATE IGR?

WHAT IS ROCHAS DOING WITH IMO STATE PART OF 13% DERIVATION FUND?

WHAT IS ROCHAS DOING WITH MDG-PROJECT FUND THAT COMES INTO IMO STATE?
These are questions for the birds to answer...

Alhaji El-Idris Rochas Okorocha has placed Ndi Imo on a verrryyyy long thing as a highly indebted state.

GEJ DID NOTHING HERE... BIKO

Don't mind the idiot. Shey he has money to distribute to distribute to Easterners who changes religion from Christianity to being a muslim but he doesn't have money to pay his workers for 13 months. That money he donated could have paid some months off of those teachers salary.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by 1miccza: 9:39pm On May 06, 2015
blym:
Jonathan looting nigeria since elected, to pay civil servants wahala, to develop country na gobe. . 10presidential fleet,2trillion naira on electioneering campaign,.1billion naira fud, dis jonathan na d worst president eva

Which planet you fall comot from??Na Jonathan be mumu Rochas?
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by bionixs: 9:39pm On May 06, 2015
valicious1:
Ihedioha, ihenacho and co are just
lucky they couldn't make it n d
elections cos they would av done
absolutely nothing in governance
owing to the huge debts
accumulated by Rochas. I just have
an over brimming large magnitude
of pity for the unfortunate fellow
that would take over from rochas,
he would basically have to work, pay
salaries, build roads etc with his
personal salary cos by then rochas
would have totally and absolutely
run and milked the finances of the
state dry.
am begining to get turned off by the lies i read i see and read on this NL forum! Okorocha knows how to piss me off but that guy isnt owing primary school teachers ooo to the tune of 13 months! My inlaw is prima teacher in that state and they for one single act of treating them good, made up their mind to vote him,though they hate his party. Nairaland! Stop progressing in error! I can no longer take you news or threads to the bank! Give us the link

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by daryoor03(m): 9:40pm On May 06, 2015
The same story in Osun State and now Imo. GEJ and his corrupt cabinet.
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by benzylas(m): 9:40pm On May 06, 2015
gudluckgreat:

What's your point actually?
What debts and what do u mean by all this silly statements??
He admits the situation and never denied it.
Apart from the primary school teachers and workers of Imo transport Co, there is no other section that has been left unattended to in terms of salary payments.
And when u talk about huge debts you give us facts. Stop being sentimental.

are u trying to defend a man who opened his mouth to say that imo state is owing him #16B .a man that has an estate 10times bigger than maracana.a governor dat does xmas decor with #5m.bought a presidential ticket and gubernatorial ticket all at the same time and has mortgaged ITC .l only pity the next governor cos he is coming to pay debts

WE ARE SUFFERING HERE IN IMO

5 Likes

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by 1miccza: 9:41pm On May 06, 2015
MizMyColi:
Somebody should please school me.

1). Is the federal government responsible for the payments? If yes, does it mean the federal government has been owing Imo state for 13 months or more? shocked

2). Does Imo state generate IGR? If yes, can't it be used to pay these teachers?

No insults please.
This is not sarcasm.

Good question!!!Oya oga one handed Rochas come answer your queshion oo
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by ibietela2(m): 9:43pm On May 06, 2015
nortcentrallord:

We have 36 block heads + hollow heads fronting as governors. Worst of all, the masses are even the most gullible. This country is a mistake. Sorry to say.

Such a pity, this country is fraud. Every one depending on oil why there are lots of Avenue for revenue generation
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by ibietela2(m): 9:44pm On May 06, 2015
Reference:

Yeas. We hap flenty, flenty minerals. We hap Danta Kola, Koka Kola, Fepsi and Sifirite....

Hmmmmm
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by mbulela: 9:44pm On May 06, 2015
13 months or 13th month?
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by YabaLeftist: 9:45pm On May 06, 2015
Idiat! angry Heartless m0ron.
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by Iyioluwanimi: 9:45pm On May 06, 2015
if he owed just workers it would have been a bit fair, but imagine workers with families. isn't that pure wickedness. it is well o

Naughtysite:
That's very shameful ?

Sir, have you been eating these 13months and kept your workers hungry ?
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by 1miccza: 9:46pm On May 06, 2015
gudluckgreat:

What's your point actually?
What debts and what do u mean by all this silly statements??
He admits the situation and never denied it.
Apart from the primary school teachers and workers of Imo transport Co, there is no other section that has been left unattended to in terms of salary payments.
And when u talk about huge debts you give us facts. Stop being sentimental.

Bros Rochas na your first name?Or Okorocha na una family name? E don thief oya kill yourself...

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 9:46pm On May 06, 2015
PRESS RELEASE RE: OKOROCHA PROMISES TO PAY 13 MONTHS SALARY ARREARS OWED TO PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHERS The Imo State government has read a report with the above caption in the media including the social media, stating that the State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha has promised to pay the 13 months salary arrears owed to the primary school teachers in the state. Those behind the false report, in their effort to make it look real had also claimed that the Governor made the pledge while addressing the workers in the State during the Workers Day celebration. It is interesting to note that both the report published in the newspapers and the one in the social media, none has by-line. In other words, the report was fictitious. The truth of the matter is that the Imo State Government is not owing the primary school teachers 13 months arrears of salary; and we stand to be contradicted. The primary school teachers in the state have always received their salary as at when due. The false report was authored by the Imo PDP and they did it as part of their anger after the party’s abysmal outing in the just concluded governorship election. They have not yet realized that part of their problem was hate campaign and falsehood which they called propaganda. They have been boasting of bouncing back, and they cannot bounce back by trading on lies and being economical with the truth. They must toe the part of honour to bounce back. Imo people and Nigerians should disregard the report. It is not true. Sam Onwuemeodo Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Media

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by sonssyo: 9:46pm On May 06, 2015
rochas,u are just wicked!!!
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by Reference(m): 9:48pm On May 06, 2015
ikechukwu354:
I think this states should stop relying on FG every time, they should start building up companies, farms and other things that will generate fund, they can even tell international companies to come in, seens this will bring Job Opportunity, tax paid by the people will generate funds, as you can see with this system they have killed two birds with one stone... I know its not easy but I mean something has to be done...

Somebody is thinking here but you see when you are trapped in the allocation merry-go-round rational thinking and inspiration vanishes. The same spirit that makes beggars dullards pervades Nigerian leadership. Free money is a curse. This country's structure is defective. How can the price of just 1 commodity cripple the lives of 150 million people.

Back to the response: Though I hate government dabbling into business nothing stops it from owning equity or receiving royalty. Nothing stops it from doing joint ventures or licensing. As a matter of fact if I was governor I will not only ramp up tax revenue but seek to make laws to trade debt for equity in any organisation defaulting. In a nutshell as in this case if you fail to pay your taxes government will simply send you a sheaf of salary vouchers of teachers or road sweepers for payment that month. Afterall that is what the taxes were meant for anyway.
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by 1miccza: 9:49pm On May 06, 2015
benzylas:

are u trying to defend a man who opened his mouth to say that imo state is owing him #16B .a man that has an estate 10times bigger than maracana.a governor dat does xmas decor with #5m.bought a presidential ticket and gubernatorial ticket all at the same time and has mortgaged ITC .l only pity the next governor cos he is coming to pay debts

WE ARE SUFFERING HERE IN IMO

Bros these blind partisan party loyalists would never see it as you do they are always after PDP or APC
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by walozanga(m): 9:50pm On May 06, 2015
Stupid excuse. What of other states that is not owing. This apc change don begin dey fear me.
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by sylviaeo(f): 9:52pm On May 06, 2015
Let d lamba (lies) begin. APC....one chance!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

This Photo Of Fayose With Fayemi Shows Why You Should Not Fight For Politicians / Atiku reacts To Federal Government's Ban on Twitter / Oshiomhole And His Wife Iara Visit Wole Soyinka(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.