Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha (47204 Views)

Workers Protest In Warri Over 13 Months Salary (pic + Video) / List Of States Owing Salaries Of 6 Months And Above? Why Single Out Osun State? / Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by gudluckgreat(m): 1:29am On May 07, 2015
Don4eva:
Sharap, if you don't have any reasonable thing to say, shut up. They owe teachers 13months and paid up others, how do they survive, please keep quiet, he isn't the only governor owing but to owe to the tune of 13months is wickedness

Lol according to reports that are way more authentic. They salary issue was a propaganda.
Now who is the fool?
Love peddler's son grin
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by emmysoftyou: 1:29am On May 07, 2015
Noneroone:
what a nonsense comment!
A man has admitted he owes and promised to pay and you are here fighting to death to defend him and calling the news lie.

@ the bolded, this is the most stupid statement i have read today.
The comment is born out of deep inferiority complex.
Who are you competing with? You mean you sacrificed good governance at the alter of a crude and barren craze of having 'the most powerful man in Igboland'?

What do you think it would have taken us Anambrarians to elect Ngige and make him the senate president if we wanted to produce 'the most powerful man in Igboland'?

No wonder some say Anambrarian
are superior.

Even if you have to battle with your illussory competitors, use a sensible figure. Not okorocha- a man that contested for president three times and retired for governorship.

He wouldnt have even won the governorsip if he contested under apc in 2011 and yet only struggled to retain his seat.

Even obasanjo called him a failure when he (okorocha) tried to adress him as a colleague at an event in 2014.

Pls you will be doing Imo pple a great disservice if you adress such a directionless holigan as the most powerful man in Igboland.
yu re making sense frm the start but I hate your ending..

Your insults towards rochas makes you a less igbo man..
The insults is deep and much and uncalled for.

Learnt to reduced your anger and hates towards your fellow blood brothers from the east..

One love..
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by gudluckgreat(m): 1:30am On May 07, 2015
frankzone:

Of course Iam, especially to evil and corrupt souls like u and okorocha

Innocent and good soul!
No be you dey bleep gal wet u never marry? angry
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by emmysoftyou: 1:36am On May 07, 2015
ZUBY77:
Black Man is the worst thing that ever happened to earth.
u lie zubby,how re yu?don't forget jesus is a black. Man?
If I lie ask bigfrancis? wink
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by gudluckgreat(m): 1:37am On May 07, 2015
Eureka123:

Okpotokpo asi. grin Lies. @bolded.

And who are you? undecided

Are you sure you ain't from the Zulu tribe in SA? angry
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by Diapearl: 1:50am On May 07, 2015
gudluckgreat:

What's your point actually?
What debts and what do u mean by all this silly statements??
He admits the situation and never denied it.
Apart from the primary school teachers and workers of Imo transport Co, there is no other section that has been left unattended to in terms of salary payments.
And when u talk about huge debts you give us facts. Stop being sentimental.
House of Assembly members are also being owed since Feb.
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by Nobody: 2:24am On May 07, 2015
This one na smaller version of baba one chance
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by ko7la: 3:44am On May 07, 2015
IS THERE JUSTIFICATION FOR A STATE NOT TO PAY WORKERS SALARIES FOR 13 GOOD MONTHS?THE MINISTER FOR FINANCE STATED THAT THE FEDERAL GOVT.SHOULD NOT BE BLAMED FOR THE STATE LAPSES.I BELIEVE STATE SHOULD LOOK INWARD TO SHOULDER ITS RESPONSIBILITY RATHER THAN CONFUSION.MR.OKOROCHA SHOULD LEARN FROM OTHER STATES WHO DID NOT OWED WORKERS SALARY TALKLESS OF SALARIES.
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by Nobody: 4:28am On May 07, 2015
favourelisha:
You be born fool idiot
hey, greater fool. . If u ain't pleased with d write-up go hang urself or betterstill lagoon will be a better option. . Ask urself why all states are complainning? AIN'T U Educated enough to be thought 'CURTSEY' . . Attack d message and nt d 'messanger'. .I'M gonna b chastising ur demeanor until a gal lyk u learns moral. . St. .u. .pid entity. .
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 4:32am On May 07, 2015
http://247ureports.com/re-okorocha-promises-to-pay-13- months-salary-arrears-owed-to-primary-school-teachers/
PRESS RELEASE
RE: OKOROCHA PROMISES TO PAY 13 MONTHS SALARY ARREARS OWED TO PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHERS

The Imo State government has read a report with the above caption in the media including the social media, stating that the State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha has promised to pay the 13 months salary arrears owed to the primary school teachers in the state. Those behind the false report, in their effort to make it look real had also claimed that the Governor made the pledge while addressing the workers in the State during the Workers Day celebration. It is interesting to note that both the report published in the newspapers and the one in the social media, none has by-line. In other words, the report was fictitious. The truth of the matter is that the Imo State Government is not owing the primary school teachers 13 months arrears of salary; and we stand to be contradicted. The primary school teachers in the state have always received their salary as at when due. The false report was authored by the Imo PDP and they did it as part of their anger after the party’s abysmal outing in the just concluded governorship election. They have not yet realized that part of their problem was hate campaign and falsehood which they called propaganda. They have been boasting of bouncing back, and they cannot bounce back by trading on lies and being economical with the truth. They must toe the part of honour to bounce back. Imo people and Nigerians should disregard the report. It is not true.

Sam Onwuemeodo
Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Media

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 4:33am On May 07, 2015
http://247ureports.com/re-okorocha-promises-to-pay-13- months-salary-arrears-owed-to-primary-school-teachers/
PRESS RELEASE
RE: OKOROCHA PROMISES TO PAY 13 MONTHS SALARY ARREARS OWED TO PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHERS

The Imo State government has read a report with the above caption in the media including the social media, stating that the State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha has promised to pay the 13 months salary arrears owed to the primary school teachers in the state. Those behind the false report, in their effort to make it look real had also claimed that the Governor made the pledge while addressing the workers in the State during the Workers Day celebration. It is interesting to note that both the report published in the newspapers and the one in the social media, none has by-line. In other words, the report was fictitious. The truth of the matter is that the Imo State Government is not owing the primary school teachers 13 months arrears of salary; and we stand to be contradicted. The primary school teachers in the state have always received their salary as at when due. The false report was authored by the Imo PDP and they did it as part of their anger after the party’s abysmal outing in the just concluded governorship election. They have not yet realized that part of their problem was hate campaign and falsehood which they called propaganda. They have been boasting of bouncing back, and they cannot bounce back by trading on lies and being economical with the truth. They must toe the part of honour to bounce back. Imo people and Nigerians should disregard the report. It is not true.

Sam Onwuemeodo
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by Nobody: 4:34am On May 07, 2015
verame:
[color=#000099][/color]Hmmmm Oga think b4 you talk naaa
thinking b4 commenting will do u a greater good. . It's better u humped fast b4 descending on u. .
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by Rexyl(m): 5:33am On May 07, 2015
13 Months' salaries keh, these governors are heartless. They have looted the treasury and exhausted all resources for their campaigns. I thought the problem of unpaid salaries for Months was peculiar to only Osun and Oyo States, don't know Okorocha has caused untold hardships to the State workers. SHARING BAD THING IN COMMON IS UNBECOMING. IS THAT HOW THE INCOMING ADMINISTRATION WILL BE RULING THE COUNTRY?

Only primarily School teachers have been paid salaries consistently through counterpart funding from the Federal allocation. Some State governments will still put all blames on FG as if their Monthly allocations are not settled.

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by Eureka123(f): 5:44am On May 07, 2015
gudluckgreat:

And who are you? undecided

Are you sure you ain't from the Zulu tribe in SA? angry

Keep guessing cool
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by hopilo: 5:46am On May 07, 2015
blym:
Jonathan looting nigeria since elected, to pay civil servants wahala, to develop country na gobe. . 10presidential fleet,2trillion naira on electioneering campaign,.1billion naira fud, dis jonathan na d worst president eva
So many ignorant chaps on NL. To pay primary school teachers IMO state employed na FG responsibility abi?
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by pesky2000: 5:53am On May 07, 2015
What governor okorocha is actually saying is that....he has not paid the 13th month salary not paid salary for 13 months for primary school teachers....
Is it possible not to pay salary for 13monmths ....and you think they would not have strike....
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by SmilingHarry(m): 6:32am On May 07, 2015
MizMyColi:
Somebody should please school me.

1). Is the federal government responsible for the payments? If yes, does it mean the federal government has been owing Imo state for 13 months or more? shocked

2). Does Imo state generate IGR? If yes, can't it be used to pay these teachers?

No insults please.
This is not sarcasm.

The salaries of primary school teaches nationwide, is being funded by the three tiers of govt with the Local Govt Councils supervising n doing the actual disbursement of funds. There are issues that lead to delay or non payment of salaries....
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by oneeast: 6:43am On May 07, 2015
You mean the prostitution capital of Nigeria. Lol truth will set you free. Now the truth is glaring right now.

Abagworo is a well known ba.stard. I am waiting for him!

Let us drink to that bro.. cheesy

ACM10:
I thought Abagworo posits that Imo state is Nigeria's tourism capital. So tourism can't generate enough revenue to pay Imo workers. Which kain fake tourists dey visit Owerri. Obiano raised workers salary despite shortfall in federal allocations by closing the gap with IGR. I guess chino / oneeast is right after all.

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by ChikezieU(m): 6:48am On May 07, 2015
Abagworo:

Okorocha is not owing anybody. Imo State is not a State that you will owe and people keep quiet. PDP and jealous brothers from Anambra should face the reality that Okorocha is the most powerful Igbo man alive today. If they like let them write all the lies in the world we in Imo know and live with the truth. We all have relatives that teach and none is owed. He even pays extra 13th month every year.
Yes the most powerful in your family not in Igbo land.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by chizzy24(m): 6:49am On May 07, 2015
blym:
Jonathan looting nigeria since elected, to pay civil servants wahala, to develop country na gobe. . 10presidential fleet,2trillion naira on electioneering campaign,.1billion naira fud, dis jonathan na d worst president eva
my fwend shatap if u dnt av eni useful comment to make. Rubbish
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by oneeast: 6:59am On May 07, 2015
Thunder rip off that your head for all we care. Anambra giants made okorosha a governor in the first place in 2011. That was his first election victory in all his life that he spent jumping from one party to another. So whatever the b.astard is today he should continue to be grateful to his Anambra masters that made him because he is still an under dog to us.

Okorosha is an abok1, we hardly see him as an Igboman so how are we supposed to be envying an ordinary limping abok1? There is nothing whatsoever about imo state and its people that any sane person should envy because whatever you i.diots have, we have it more than thrice ahead of you i.diots in all indices of development.

Okorosha has borrowed over 200billion since 2011 but we have not seen anything on the ground. And now teachers and civil servants are owed for more one year. This is wickedness of the most clueless governor out of the east.

It is time for igbos to rally round and stone okorosha to death. He is an abok1 b.astard. it will happen sooner than later.

Abagworo:

Okorocha is not owing anybody. Imo State is not a State that you will owe and people keep quiet. PDP and jealous brothers from Anambra should face the reality that Okorocha is the most powerful Igbo man alive today. If they like let them write all the lies in the world we in Imo know and live with the truth. We all have relatives that teach and none is owed. He even pays extra 13th month every year.

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by silvernus0: 7:03am On May 07, 2015
meforyou1:
Where are all okorocha's praise singers? Bitter liars. Your godfather has admitted not paying primary school teachers in Imo State for a whole 13 months
gues he only usd buharis victory to wintchhold d imolist to his victory bc dey are realy angry wit his administratn abt d unpaid wages.

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by fagin1982(m): 7:15am On May 07, 2015
gudluckgreat:

Apart from the primary school teachers and workers of Imo transport Co, there is no other section that has been left unattended to in terms of salary payments.

My dear don't waste your energy defending Rochas ..Rochas has messed Imo up

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by idiagbo86(m): 7:30am On May 07, 2015
Story for the gods.
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by gudluckgreat(m): 7:33am On May 07, 2015
fagin1982:

In what way? Pls educate my ignorant self
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by debbie(f): 7:35am On May 07, 2015
Are you in imo state? i doubt....i hate when people decide to act like they dont know the truth.
well for your information all the retirees from ALVAN IKOKU COLLEGE OF EDUCATION HAVE NOT BEEN PAID THEIR PENSION( FOR 27MONTHS) ARREARS NOT TO TALK OF GRATUITY.MANY ARE ALREADY DEAD,SOME HAVE GONE BACK TO THE VILLAGES,SOME CANT TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES.here we are seeing some political praise singers undecided
All thanks to the wicked governor of the state.so check before you conclude.
thanks
gudluckgreat:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 7:37am On May 07, 2015
fagin1982:

Na u wey dey messed up with lies and bitterness of a humiliating defeat. Okorocha is not owing teachers. PDP's propaganda or outright lies sponsored in the media against good Nigerians like Buhari(certificate lies), Soyinka(Igbo hate lies) and Okorocha(teacher salary lies) is very dangerous and infact a turning point to the credibility of our news media. I pray Buhari enforces law against reporting falsehood by any media house or we(The Civil Society) will start taking our own actions by mobilizing mass action against false media houses.
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by debbie(f): 7:39am On May 07, 2015
I see you as a big political praise singer.well continue....TO ANYONE THAT CARES TO KNOW,WALK INTO THE PREMESIS OF ALVAN IKOKU COLLEGE,Rochas is owing the retirees of the college,primary and nursery school their pension and gratuity.
Please even if he claims to have paid the primary school teachers,who is now lying about this other case.
Mind you i am talking with facts.
Every day he sends his CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY to tell them stories and make promises......yet it is over 4 years now undecided
thank you
Abagworo:
http://247ureports.com/re-okorocha-promises-to-pay-13-
months-salary-arrears-owed-to-primary-school-teachers/

PRESS RELEASE

RE: OKOROCHA PROMISES TO PAY 13 MONTHS SALARY
ARREARS OWED TO PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHERS

The Imo State government has read a report with the above
caption
in the media including the social media, stating that the State
Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha has promised to pay the 13
months salary arrears owed to the primary school teachers in the
state.
Those behind the false report, in their effort to make it look real
had also claimed that the Governor made the pledge while
addressing the workers in the State during the Workers Day
celebration.
It is interesting to note that both the report published in the
newspapers and the one in the social media, none has by-line. In
other words, the report was fictitious.
The truth of the matter is that the Imo State Government is not
owing the primary school teachers
13 months arrears of salary;
and we stand to be contradicted. The primary school teachers in
the state have always received their salary as at when due.
The false report was authored by the Imo PDP and they did it as
part of their anger after the party’s abysmal outing in the just
concluded governorship election. They have not yet realized that
part of their problem was hate campaign and falsehood which
they
called propaganda.

They have been boasting of bouncing back, and they cannot
bounce back by trading on lies and being economical with the
truth. They must toe the part of honour to bounce back. Imo
people and Nigerians should disregard the report. It is not true.

Sam Onwuemeodo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by Noneroone(m): 7:51am On May 07, 2015
emmysoftyou:
yu re making sense frm the start but I hate your ending..

Your insults towards rochas makes you a less igbo man..
The insults is deep and much and uncalled for.

Learnt to reduced your anger and hates towards your fellow blood brothers from the east..

One love..

Aside the salary issue i have no problem with him.
Infact i have no problem with his ambition of become the president

but the way he pursues his ambition is detrimental to Igbo unity. You dont need to describe your Igbo pple as "greedy without vision" b'cos you want to build bridges.

You dont need to stop meeting with fellow governors b'cos of ur amition. Do u know the last time he attended south east govs forum meeting, even when a non-PDP governor was the chairman.

Do u get me now?
Apologies for the insults to those who feel offended.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by Don4eva(m): 8:06am On May 07, 2015
gudluckgreat:

Lol according to reports that are way more authentic. They salary issue was a propaganda.
Now who is the fool?
Love peddler's son grin
Wow, you still don't know the fool? I won't tell you, a kid will walk up to you and tell you who the fool is. Talk to me again when you become reasonable
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by emmysoftyou: 8:12am On May 07, 2015
Abagworo:

Na u wey dey messed up with lies and bitterness of a humiliating defeat. Okorocha is not owing teachers. PDP's propaganda or outright lies sponsored in the media against good Nigerians like Buhari(certificate lies), Soyinka(Igbo hate lies) and Okorocha(teacher salary lies) is very dangerous and infact a turning point to the credibility of our news media. I pray Buhari enforces law against reporting falsehood by any media house or we(The Civil Society) will start taking our own actions by mobilizing mass action against false media houses.
concerning wole soyinka said dis and dat to ndigbos was a misrepresentation of the real facts/quoting.check the frontpage of nairaland now.cablenews just tender unreserved apology to wole soyinka..
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by raphoo(m): 8:21am On May 07, 2015
Unaceppted excuse!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Goodbye To Twitter In Nigeria - Adamu Garba Mocks Twitter After Suspension / Governor-elect Absent As Outgoing Governor Hands Over To Deputy-elect (photos) / This Photo Of Fayose With Fayemi Shows Why You Should Not Fight For Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.