Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha (47224 Views)

Workers Protest In Warri Over 13 Months Salary (pic + Video) / List Of States Owing Salaries Of 6 Months And Above? Why Single Out Osun State? / Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by donmanuel1: 8:34am On May 07, 2015
Rochas is just a thief. Is Rochas trying to tell us he doesn't receive federal allocation every month. What about internal generated revenue, then because of your greed you are starving workers for eleven months. God would punish you rochas

4 Likes

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by gudluckgreat(m): 8:40am On May 07, 2015
Don4eva:
Wow, you still don't know the fool? I won't tell you, a kid will walk up to you and tell you who the fool is. Talk to me again when you become reasonable

i have Never Seen a Mad Man agree that He Is Insane. U wnt Be an exception grin
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by ikennaoma(m): 9:12am On May 07, 2015
Being educated doesn't mean u must attain d level of phd or go 2 sch. Sm of us lack common sense. 13months arears is quite different 13months salary. Pls understand and analyse a trend b4 u post

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by sorom4: 9:20am On May 07, 2015
gudluckgreat:

In as much as it is not enough excuse, most of these primary school teachers owed are not even employed in full. The government asked for volunteers promising they will be made permanent as they teach and are confirmed to be good at it.that is why even though it is up to 13months,they are not raising issues.
But as long as he has agreed to pay them,he will
You are still giving excuses. For the record; Primary School Retiree Teachers are owed more than 18 months. My mum is affected; so I have a first class info. Then come to think of Orient tv and ITC staffs that are yet to be paid for close to 2 yrs. How do you expect these families to survive? It only shows man's inhumane attitude to his fellow men. Rochas is a SCAM

4 Likes

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by sorom4: 9:21am On May 07, 2015
gudluckgreat:

In as much as it is not enough excuse, most of these primary school teachers owed are not even employed in full. The government asked for volunteers promising they will be made permanent as they teach and are confirmed to be good at it.that is why even though it is up to 13months,they are not raising issues.
But as long as he has agreed to pay them,he will
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by petermichaels(m): 9:29am On May 07, 2015
Abagworo:

Okorocha is not owing anybody. Imo State is not a State that you will owe and people keep quiet. PDP and jealous brothers from Anambra should face the reality that Okorocha is the most powerful Igbo man alive today. If they like let them write all the lies in the world we in Imo know and live with the truth. We all have relatives that teach and none is owed. He even pays extra 13th month every year.
Evn wen he said he is owing. I wonder hw som of you tnk b4 u post. D thunder wey go fire u ehn! Go change hm mind slap u wel well

3 Likes

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by babatopthope: 9:42am On May 07, 2015
Naughtysite:
That's very shameful ?

Sir, have you been eating these 13months and kept your workers hungry ?
i guess you dont understand what 13thmonth is, its like a bonus workers recieve from his or her employer, its not that he own them whole 1year and a month, always understand write up before you comment,
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by rockingpink: 10:28am On May 07, 2015
Always busy doing nothing,noisemaker oshi.....

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by phkka1(m): 10:51am On May 07, 2015
Okorocha wants to kill education in Imo State. When you are not paying teachers, indirectly you are telling them that their services are not important and equally not required. The Pupils should go and sit down. The white man that brought education made a mistake. Praise singers of Okorocha please see what he has done to state education. You pretender.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 10:52am On May 07, 2015
debbie:
I see you as a big political praise singer.well continue....TO ANYONE THAT CARES TO KNOW,WALK INTO THE PREMESIS OF ALVAN IKOKU COLLEGE,Rochas is owing the retirees of the college,primary and nursery school their pension and gratuity.
Please even if he claims to have paid the primary school teachers,who is now lying about this other case.
Mind you i am talking with facts.
Every day he sends his CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY to tell them stories and make promises......yet it is over 4 years now undecided
thank you

Funny enough you dont even know that Alvan is being owed by Jonathan. You can as well include Uniport, ABU Zaria and UNN.

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 10:57am On May 07, 2015
Imo teachers honour Okorocha

History was made in Imo State
penultimate Friday when the
Nigerian Union of Teachers (NUT)
Imo State wing conferred an
award of excellence to Governor
Rochas Anayo Okorocha at the
Heroes Square Owerri.
Considering the importance of
event a work free day was
declared for Imo teachers to
enable them participate actively
in the ceremony. As a result of
this, teachers from the 28
branches of the union in the state
turned out in large number. The
branches include Aboh Mbaise,
Ahiazu Mbaise, Egbema. Ehime Mbano, Ezinihitte, Ideato South,
Ideato North, Ihitte Uboma, Ikeduru, Isiala Mbano, Isu, Mbaitoli,
Ngor Okpala, Njaba, Nkwerre, Nwangele, Obowo, Oguta, Ohaji,
Okigwe, Onuimo, Orlu, Orsu, Oru East, Oru West, Owerri Municipal
, Owerri North and Owerri West.
In his address at the occasion, the state chairman of NUT Dr. C.U
Okeke (KSJI) x-rayed the plight of Imo teachers, which he termed
as “dark ages” before Governor Okorocha assumed office on 29th
May 2011.
He further pointed out that with the emergence of Governor
Okorocha there was a marked turn around in the history of
education and teaching in Imo State.
With these objectives in mind, Imo teachers have witnessed
regular payment of salaries special dress allowance, Christmas
bonus, improved security in the state 305 story buildings wards,
new Imo state library complex and massive renovation of schools
among others.

Presenting the award, Dr Okeke appealed for cooperation, join us
in honouring a man who has imparted positively on the welfare of
Imo teachers, he enthused.
He maintained that as a redeemer of Imo teachers they (teachers)
have decided to engrave his name in the annals of history while
they prayed for his journey back to the Douglas House.
Speaking also the assistant secretary general of the NUT Imo
State
Chief R.A Anyadika emphasized that Governor Rochas is the man
in whom the teachers of Imo are well pleased considering his
numerous achievements in the state especially in terms of
empowerment of teachers, civil servants and youths. In his
speech, the commissioner for Primary, Secondary, Adult and Non-
secondary education Hon, Nma Michael Nzeribe expressed
gratitude to the union for the award and appreciation of the
governor who has tremendously touched the lives of the people.
She maintained that Okorocha strongly believes that if our
children
are well educated and grow into sensible men, women they will
easily see their way.
Responding to the address presented by the state chairman of
NUT, the governor stressed that he considered teachers as
Partners in progress in the rescue mission administration hence
he
cannot abandon them if elected the second time. To address the
challenges of retired primary school teachers, he constituted a
committee to look into their problems.
On the award to the governor, the branch chairman NUT. Mbaitoli
LGA comrade Amadi Anthony said that the governor needs more
encouragement in order to do more for Imo people.
He maintained that the giants strides of the governor in the state
may be attributed to his desire to up lift the protest of the poor
using education as instrument to liberate the people.
Many teachers interviewed expressed that Governor Okorocha
was
sent by God to liberate his people from bondage of oppression,
poverty and abuse of human right. As a man committed to deliver,
he uses six pillars of love, truth, peace, mercy, justice and non
violence to ensure adequate protection of life and property even in
the midst of odd challenges.
Those who accompanied the governor to the award ceremony
included top government officials, commissioners, and permanent
secretaries.
To add colour to the ceremony were various dancing groups from
primary and secondary schools in the state.
In conclusion, as a mark of honour, the assistant secretary NUT
Imo State comrade N.O Metu and comrade Iwu Paulinus A. the
state treasurer respectively observed, “he that gives all he has in
the service of his fellows shall find that in so doing, he has
planted
seeds which will bring him a harvest of plenty Teachers of Imo
State must continue to support the governor in his positive
dreams.

http://nigerianewspoint.com/?p=3471

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by debbie(f): 11:28am On May 07, 2015
I can now understand ur sense of reasoning! Too bad you don't get fact clear before you conclude! Well continue with your sentimental defense and praise singing
Abagworo:

Funny enough you dont even know that Alvan is being owed by Jonathan. You can as well include Uniport, ABU Zaria and UNN.

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by debbie(f): 11:41am On May 07, 2015
@ abagworo...What is the business of these federal institutions here? what has Jonathan got to do with the issue at hand? when did Alvan become a federal owned institution? what year? Alvan Primary school,Nursery school and the college of education were fully sponsored by the state government, until few years ago the started the process of handing it over to the federal government.
Well go back and read my comment....gratuity and pension arrears of the retired staff is being owed by the state government.Mind you as i type this,the so-called governor is having a meeting with the association of retired staff which still ended with a promise....a promise he made 4years ago and is still making.
Please enough of all these stories,if you have no information about the institution i am talking about kindly leave the issue,rather than complicate issues for yourself.
thanks

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by Don4eva(m): 11:42am On May 07, 2015
gudluckgreat:

i have Never Seen a Mad Man agree that He Is Insane. U wnt Be an exception grin
Rochas didn't deny he is owing, I don't get the direction of your stupidity. Anyway read this http://www.9janinja.com.ng/2015/05/governors-should-be-blamed-for-unpaid.html
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by miccent: 11:43am On May 07, 2015
Too Bad; This Is Shameful....
Make Easy N100,000 Monthly: www.myeasycashng..com
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 12:12pm On May 07, 2015
Don4eva:
Rochas didn't deny he is owing, I don't get the direction of your stupidity. Anyway read this http://www.9janinja.com.ng/2015/05/governors-should-be-blamed-for-unpaid.html

Who is he owing 13months?
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 07, 2015
babatopthope:

i guess you dont understand what 13thmonth is, its like a bonus workers recieve from his or her employer, its not that he own them whole 1year and a month, always understand write up before you comment,

Ok. I didn't care to read..

Leave bonus, 13th months and the rest..
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by juman(m): 12:45pm On May 07, 2015
Another bad governor.

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by Billygee2u: 12:59pm On May 07, 2015
Naughtysite:
That's very shameful ?

Sir, have you been eating these 13months and kept your workers hungry ?
this what you have to say after using the state treasury to campaign for buhari and yourselve? you are indeed heartless

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by Billygee2u: 1:01pm On May 07, 2015
meforyou1:
Where are all okorocha's praise singers? Bitter liars. Your godfather has admitted not paying primary school teachers in Imo State for a whole 13 months
a whole year and one month,heartless politician

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by Leo81(m): 3:00pm On May 07, 2015
Abagworo:

Okorocha is not owing anybody. Imo State is not a State that you will owe and people keep quiet. PDP and jealous brothers from Anambra should face the reality that Okorocha is the most powerful Igbo man alive today. If they like let them write all the lies in the world we in Imo know and live with the truth. We all have relatives that teach and none is owed. He even pays extra 13th month every year.
Are you in this country at all?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by fairheven: 3:43pm On May 07, 2015
Some oveRzealous and short-sighted ppl still wAnt to create additional states wen the oneS we currently have are not viable
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by fairheven: 3:49pm On May 07, 2015
donmanuel1:
Rochas is just a thief. Is Rochas trying to tell us he doesn't receive federal allocation every month. What about internal generated revenue, then because of your greed you are starving workers for eleven months. God would punish you rochas
HE dIdn't say so--Rather he is saying that the allocation has dwindled
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by millionaireman: 7:13pm On May 07, 2015
fairheven:
Some oveRzealous and short-sighted ppl still wAnt to create additional states wen the oneS we currently have are not viable

Are you not among the most short-sighted Nigerians if you are from the south?

There is a huge imbalance in political representation between south and north of Nigeria due to lopsided distribution of states created by former soldiers..

The existing states were not created in a democracy.

It shall be impossible to merge any existing state to obtain balanced political representation.

Therefore, the most convenient option is to create new states to balance political representation.

Another difficult option is return regional government system with fiscal federalism to Nigeria.

Don't pretend that you are more brilliant than those who participated in the last CONFAB.

If your state is not viable, pray the authorities to merge your state to a nearby more viable state.
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by Ayus34(m): 7:29pm On May 07, 2015
valicious1:
Ihedioha, ihenacho and co are just
lucky they couldn't make it n d
elections cos they would av done
absolutely nothing in governance
owing to the huge debts
accumulated by Rochas. I just have
an over brimming large magnitude
of pity for the unfortunate fellow
that would take over from rochas,
he would basically have to work, pay
salaries, build roads etc with his
personal salary cos by then rochas
would have totally and absolutely
run and milked the finances of the
state dry.
And u didnt the empty treasury jonathan ia leaving behind for buhari?clear ur eye of the bigotry and be factual And reasonable,atleast for once!
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by Don4eva(m): 10:16pm On May 07, 2015
Abagworo:

Who is he owing 13months?
You

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by Expsbterror(m): 12:44am On May 08, 2015
83lagosroad:

Too too bad this is deception of the century.
Has anyone ever thought of these things.
1. You can't pay salaries yet you hire private jets and helicopters from imo to abuja, Lagos
And most aimless roaming around the globe

2. You can't pay salaries yet you spent billions on presidential campaigns and governorship reruns.

3. You can pay salaries yet you keep all manners of aides wasting money on them and their cronies.

4. You can't pay salaries you still keep commissioners.

5. You can't pay salaries yet you pay propagandist print and online to sing your praise when you actually have done nothing.

6. Mr Rochas what happened to the excess crude oil money shared

Truth can not be hidden for long.
Buhari should just watch his back as these ones will always drag his government backward with excuses.

Am really having issues with several states that have been owing salaries or paying a certain percentage of workers salaries. For God make how do you pay a worker with a family 45% of his/her salary. If the salary is 50k then he/she receives 22500. Its so bad that banks dont give out loans anymore since tge salary isnt stable.hmmmm and nothing is been done to such state governors. No protest.No Suing, nothing. I really hope this is fixed ASAP.
Kogi,Benue states are some examples..
Re: Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha by fairheven: 1:01pm On May 08, 2015
millionaireman:

Are you not among the most short-sighted Nigerians if you are from the south?

There is a huge imbalance in political representation between south and north of Nigeria due to lopsided distribution of states created by former soldiers..

The existing states were not created in a democracy.

It shall be impossible to merge any existing state to obtain balanced political representation.

Therefore, the most convenient option is to create new states to balance political representation.

Another difficult option is return regional government system with fiscal federalism to Nigeria.

Don't pretend that you are more brilliant than those who participated in the last CONFAB.

If your state is not viable, pray the authorities to merge your state to a nearby more viable state.

That's exactly the problem..we don't think of development rather we think about politics
Let me also remind you that ALex Ekwueme chaired the committee that recommended the creation of six geo-political region instead three to the late Sani Abacha ,u know the problem?..it gave the north additional two regions an the south one region..that is by the way
State creation only serves political interest not economic one.I ask again..are the regions with more states,more develoed than the ones with less?
Wat we need is to cut cost of governance an not to add.how many states can survive without oil revenue from federation account?
Am looking forward to a president that will stop every exploration oil an sales of crude oil so that we can be forced to look inward

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Official Results Of Osun West Senatorial Bye-election As Declared By INEC / PHOTOS: APC And PDP Supporters Clash In Ekiti, Man Shot / Don’t Instigate Another War, Kanu Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.