Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,593 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Handling Temper Problem - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Handling Temper Problem (1152 Views)

Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler / I Need Help Handling My Son! / My Fathers Temper Tantrums When They Havent Paid Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Handling Temper Problem by LegenduryNueLs: 4:00pm On May 06, 2015
Temper Problem can be very disturbing especially, if you are known for it. Handling it doesn't happen like magic. It goes slowly till it finishes.

Having temper problem could be associated with
your growing up, mostly if your family sees physical
abuse as a means of correcting a wrong person. If
your parents are into 'Cat nd Dog' fight. You might
reside to be a hot tempered Human and sees nothing wrong in it.

Another example is, when a kid grows up in a violent environment and exposes to hard drugs with bullies. It builds you up with the sentiment that being hot tempered will subdue any physical attack on you.

Being hot tempered may seem normal when little,
but as you develop, there is this realisation and
situation you will encounter that doesn't require your temper in settling. Rather a cool and concentrated head will clear the issues.

When you are known with temper problem, you
notice the distant some Friends » might be from you
always as they avoid annoying you without realising
it. It will leave you looking hopeless because life is
better with people around.

Finally, you discover that it doesn't worth it and
decided to eschew the temper problem ? Here is
what to do.

Try To Be Alone»
Being alone will help your mind clear off the
excessive and unwanted burden, that is adding stress to your life. Temper issues are also related to stress. Being alone doesn't mean you should stick to just yourself, being alone will give you time to have a rethink. Do you want to be known as a Hot
Tempered Person ? »

Sip Water Slowly When You Are Angry »
Although, there may not be a scientific research
backing up this point. But from personal experience, drinking water when upset, calms the mind. Just sip it slowly and don't say a thing to anybody.

Stay With That Person That Calms You Down »
Believe me or not, there is this someone in your life
whose presence calms your aggravated mind. Spend quality time with this person and share your
problems with him/her. There is a tendency that you will abide with the advice you get from that special person.

Eat Healthy »
Under rating this saying that 'a hungry man is an
angry man' should be avoided. When handling
temper issues, eat healthy foods and at the right
time. Also include fruits and vegetables to your food
table as it helps build you internally.

Try To Ignore »
Every one knows you as a hot tempered Human
because you always react bitterly to any word or
statement thrown at you. Ignoring some of this
statements especially when you sense, that they were said to aggravate you. Ignoring also build respect and you may end up finding those statements funny.

There is no sure ladder in handling temper
problems. It only requires commitment and time.
And soon, You will find annoying things hilarious.

Source : www.recent24online.com/2015/05/handling-temper-problem.html
Re: Handling Temper Problem by raumdeuter: 4:25pm On May 06, 2015
People claim they have temper problems when dealing with their equals,

How come these people with temper problems dont display it when they see someone physically stronger than them, a soldier, their boss at work, Or governor Fashola, Agbero at bus stop etc

But they would see a weak wife, friend or househelp and decide to show that they have temper problems

I would think your problem should not discriminate on the personality

Temper problems is either a display of innate insecurity or just to flex your power

1 Like

Re: Handling Temper Problem by KanwuliaJara: 4:28pm On May 06, 2015
Liberation from POVERTY is the only solution.
A hungry man is always an ANGRY man.
The reason THE BLACK RACE is the most aggressive! kiss
Re: Handling Temper Problem by LegenduryNueLs: 6:38pm On May 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

How come these people with temper problems dont display it when they see someone physically stronger than them, a soldier, their boss at work, Or governor Fashola, Agbero at bus stop etc

But they would see a weak wife, friend or househelp and decide to show that they have temper problems

Temper problems is either a display of innate insecurity or just to flex your power

Soldier?? grin grin
Re: Handling Temper Problem by LegenduryNueLs: 6:39pm On May 06, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Liberation from POVERTY is the only solution.
A hungry man is always an ANGRY man.
The reason THE BLACK RACE is the most aggressive! kiss

So Mr. Are u aggressive?? cheesy cheesy
Re: Handling Temper Problem by KanwuliaJara: 6:59pm On May 06, 2015
LegenduryNueLs:

So Mr. Are u aggressive?? cheesy cheesy

ALWAYS!
In the BLACK BLOOD! grin
Re: Handling Temper Problem by innervoice(m): 7:02pm On May 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

People who have a problem with their temper also often get into trouble with people who are in a stronger position.
Re: Handling Temper Problem by raumdeuter: 7:12pm On May 06, 2015
innervoice:

People who have a problem with their temper also often get into trouble with people who are in a stronger position.

I have hardly seen someone who claims to have a temper problem beat up a soldier, an Agbero, his boss or a man in power, Its only equals they flex power for

1 Like

Re: Handling Temper Problem by LegenduryNueLs: 7:14pm On May 06, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

ALWAYS! In the BLACK BLOOD! grin

I pity the gurl, that u re telling 'I love you' grin grin
Re: Handling Temper Problem by kaboninc(m): 7:35pm On May 06, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

ALWAYS! In the BLACK BLOOD! grin
Who's blood?
Biko, its solely in yours and not mine.
Thanks.
Re: Handling Temper Problem by innervoice(m): 7:41pm On May 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

I have hardly seen someone who claims to have a temper problem beat up a soldier, an Agbero, his boss or a man in power, Its only equals they flex power for

People express themselves differently, a hot temper may manifest itself in different ways, not only in beatings. Some people become verbally abusive or provocative, some others slam doors, yet others raise their voice or talk very quickly.

However, I get your point here, most hot tempered people would think twice before provoking a man with a gun. Hot tempered people are not insane. Fear triggers off self-control here; that is if they are not suicidal.
Re: Handling Temper Problem by KanwuliaJara: 7:41pm On May 06, 2015
kaboninc:

Who's blood?

Biko, its solely in yours and not mine.

Thanks.

LegenduryNueLs:

I pity the gurl, that u re telling 'I love you' grin grin

You guys keep proving RIGHT! ;Do
Re: Handling Temper Problem by greatgod2012(f): 7:43pm On May 06, 2015
Being hot tempered can be hereditary sometimes but self control is the key to many if not all ill manners.
Re: Handling Temper Problem by kaboninc(m): 7:44pm On May 06, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

You guys keep proving RIGHT! ;Do
Right as innn?
Re: Handling Temper Problem by KanwuliaJara: 7:47pm On May 06, 2015
kaboninc:

Right as innn?

Your cantankerous nature! wink
Instead of you to post and waka, you are looking for arguments from thread to thread.
Till insults start flying back and forth because UNA dey forbid different points of view.
Typical BLACK curse! grin
Re: Handling Temper Problem by kaboninc(m): 7:49pm On May 06, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

The one you infected and infested me with ba?
Re: Handling Temper Problem by KanwuliaJara: 7:52pm On May 06, 2015
kaboninc:

The one you infected and infested me with ba?

You need help? grin
Go read your posts on NL for starters.
Shioooooor!
Re: Handling Temper Problem by greatgod2012(f): 7:53pm On May 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

my brother, you are yet to see a real hot temper person o. I have once come across a lady who slapped her boss, the boss got her arrested, she was asked to write a statement, she wrote it down that, at that period, she was temporarily mad, which is a normal trait in every human. The boss was begged by the police to forgive her, she insisted she couldn't beg, that she would rather leave the job than to beg. She claimed the oga talked rudely to her which triggered her crazy veins into actions. Story cut short, she lefy the job o.
Being hot tempered is like being temporarily mad indeed, but self control (discipline)is what is needed to curtail it.
Re: Handling Temper Problem by kaboninc(m): 7:54pm On May 06, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

You need help? grin Go read your posts on NL for starters. Shioooooor!
Look at this one oh.
Between u and I who needs help and should really read his/her post?
You need to see a native shrink!
Re: Handling Temper Problem by kaboninc(m): 7:56pm On May 06, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Instead of you to post and waka, you are looking for arguments from thread to thread.
Till insults start flying back and forth because UNA dey forbid different points of view.
Typical BLACK curse! grin

Arguments with you? Or all insane fellas here on Nairaland, na you I go dey argue with?

Chai...the gods must be really daft!
Re: Handling Temper Problem by LegenduryNueLs: 8:19pm On May 06, 2015
greatgod2012:

my brother, you are yet to see a real hot temper person o. I have once come across a lady who slapped her boss, the boss got her arrested, she was asked to write a statement, she wrote it down that, at that period, she was temporarily mad, which is a normal trait in every human. The boss was begged by the police to forgive her, she insisted she couldn't beg, that she would rather leave the job than to beg. She claimed the oga talked rudely to her which triggered her crazy veins into actions. Story cut short, she lefy the job o.
Being hot tempered is like being temporarily mad indeed, but self control (discipline)is what is needed to curtail it.

She should slap a soldier grin grin

(1) (Reply)

LOL Funny Facebook Posts Between A Mother And Her Daugther. / Why Do Bad Thing Hapen Good People / Video: A Man Get Stuck During The Act With Married Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.