Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,005 members, 7,821,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Rape! How Do We Deal With It? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Rape! How Do We Deal With It? (854 Views)

How Do I Deal With This Type Of Girl? / If A Woman Begs You For Sex And Later Claims Rape, How Does That Look? / RAPE: How Men Can Avoid Being Trapped. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rape! How Do We Deal With It? by Emperoh(m): 10:06am On Feb 06, 2009
Every now and then, we hear about rape and its victims. . . . . . . .
Ladies are more and more falling victims to this wicked act to men who just can't stick the stick in between their legs and cage it
but the disturbing aspect of this whole issue is getting victims to voice up the aggression and get the culprits punished

How can a girl let a guy out for such a heinous crime because she doesn't want that stigma over her?

Pls house, i want to pose three questions with valid and mature answers that i feel will help in growing human existence;

1. How do we get rape victims to speak up and get their offenders punished. Have in mind the stigma of being raped

2. The present Criminal Code act prescribes a life jail term for any one convicted of rape. Do you think this is enough or do you think otherwise?
lets know your thought on this. Is it too much or too little. Whatever your response, what do you prescribe? What possible remedy should be
employed to curb rape?

3. Can men be raped. Me thinks not but they can claim sexual assault. Rape doesn't occur until there is penetration again a man under pains and tension
or alcohol can not have an erection. So its just Sexual assault. But i bet some guys might think that this should be evened out. What do you think?

Answers people pls!!!!! cool
Re: Rape! How Do We Deal With It? by Emperoh(m): 12:12pm On Feb 06, 2009
This is a social problem
How do we dea with it?
Re: Rape! How Do We Deal With It? by whitelexi(m): 12:52pm On Feb 06, 2009
I think the right question should be 'how do we avoid it?', and the answer would be to ask girls to dress up and know the limit to flirting with strangers. . . Statistics show that girls who dress scantily or who are too relaxed with strangers, have more probability of getting raped. Of course there is the odd case where its not the girl's fault, but u need to understand that there are many irresponsible and sick people out there who dont take responsibility for their actions, who will want to do a robinho on u and still get away with it by claiming they are mentally retarded and didnt know what they were doing.

Take a cue, dress up to impress.
Re: Rape! How Do We Deal With It? by manmustwac(m): 1:37pm On Feb 06, 2009
Its sad that guys can do that and get away wid it in developing countries sad sad
Re: Rape! How Do We Deal With It? by Emperoh(m): 2:50pm On Feb 06, 2009
Whitelexi
So why not go rape a naked mad woman if its about dressing?
Re: Rape! How Do We Deal With It? by Czarskit(m): 2:59pm On Feb 06, 2009
I kinda agree wit Whitelexi to an extent . . .
But I tink the ladies should walk around wit pants that av a lock and perhaps a 'dick cutter' for 'em stubborn d**ks. . . tongue
Re: Rape! How Do We Deal With It? by tope2000(f): 3:05pm On Feb 06, 2009
Emperoh:

Whitelexi
So why not go rape a naked mad woman if its about dressing?

Good point wink
Not all rape victims were raped because of the clothes they wore undecided
Re: Rape! How Do We Deal With It? by NegroNtns(m): 3:11pm On Feb 06, 2009
Rape is one of the crimes that can never be stopped.  You can create social programms or enact laws to deter the occurrence but you cannot completely eliminate it from society.  You can lock all the women behind the walls of a fortified castle and men will find a way ultimately to penetrate the security of those walls and violate the women.

The best social model that I have seen for deterring rape is the insular system  of sharia practiced in Saudi Arabia and some other muslim countries whereby social contact between the genders is regulated and violations do not go unpunished.  But even in these countries, rape still occur, although very minimal.  There is a cost to living in such a system, other freedoms that you might find desirable are likewise regulated but those freedoms form the fabric of the safety and security guaranteed for the protection of feminity against insane violations and abuse.
Re: Rape! How Do We Deal With It? by Emperoh(m): 8:49pm On Feb 06, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Rape is one of the crimes that can never be stopped. You can create social programms or enact laws to deter the occurrence but you cannot completely eliminate it from society. You can lock all the women behind the walls of a fortified castle and men will find a way ultimately to penetrate the security of those walls and violate the women.

The best social model that I have seen for deterring rape is the insular system of sharia practiced in Saudi Arabia and some other muslim countries whereby social contact between the genders is regulated and violations do not go unpunished. But even in these countries, rape still occur, although very minimal. There is a cost to living in such a system, other freedoms that you might find desirable are likewise regulated but those freedoms form the fabric of the safety and security guaranteed for the protection of feminity against insane violations and abuse.

So because crime cannot be stop, we shall let it go on and do zilch about it?
Creating unnecessary barriers to inter sexual relations will only do a great damage to out women emancipation initive
Hence stiffer penalties might just do it for me?
Re: Rape! How Do We Deal With It? by Busybody2(f): 8:55pm On Feb 06, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

. . . The best social model that I have seen for deterring rape is the insular system of sharia practiced in Saudi Arabia and some other muslim countries whereby social contact between the genders is regulated and violations do not go unpunished. But even in these countries, rape still occur, although very minimal. . .

That country whereby if a woman is raped, she has to provide male witness to the crime, otherwise she has to face the wrath/music shocked shocked shocked

shocked shocked shocked I need someone to help me pick up my jaw that is stuck to the floor shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Rape! How Do We Deal With It? by NegroNtns(m): 8:56pm On Feb 06, 2009
So because crime cannot be stop, we shall let it go on and do zilch about it?

I didn't say that or even infer anything close to it.  There are various laws in the books depending on which country you are looking at.  I guess the problem will be a decision on which of these laws is a best model for protecting the sanctity of women.  This is why I said Saudi Arabia, they have the best punishment and enforcement of laws against violation of women privacy, literally and figuratively.  

What do you want to do with your proposal, what is the aim?
Re: Rape! How Do We Deal With It? by NegroNtns(m): 8:57pm On Feb 06, 2009
Busy Body,

I can discuss the pros and cons of that with you if you are so interested to dive beneath the surface.
Re: Rape! How Do We Deal With It? by bluespice(f): 9:09pm On Feb 06, 2009
irrespective of the location of the victim
rape victims are stigmatised whether intentionally or otherwise is not the issue here

the only way to in a way curb the excessiveness of the predators is to enact stricter laws that are actually implemented
its one thing to have strict laws
its another to implement them
Re: Rape! How Do We Deal With It? by DaPhoenix(f): 9:16pm On Feb 06, 2009
Maybe if she didn't have to face the humiliation that comes after her reporting the case, more women would report more. You can't tell me she has to wear uncomfortable clothes because you can't control your hormones. Matter of fact, even if she is covered from head to toe in the most hideous outfit, some men would still try to rape her so please let's not go there.
Re: Rape! How Do We Deal With It? by NegroNtns(m): 9:20pm On Feb 06, 2009
Matter of fact, even if she is covered from head to toe in the most hideous outfit, some men would still try to rape her so please let's not go there.

True statement!
Re: Rape! How Do We Deal With It? by bluespice(f): 9:41pm On Feb 06, 2009
Emperoh:

3. Can men be raped. Me thinks not but they can claim sexual assault. Rape doesn't occur until there is penetration again a man under pains and tension
or alcohol can not have an erection. So its just Sexual assault. But i bet some guys might think that this should be evened out. What do you think?

Answers people pls!!!!! cool

ur wrong men can and do get raped
the reason u dont hear of it is cos of people like u that think its impossible for a man to be raped
ever heard of people saying men have two heads and each can function independently without the other?
well, in not so many words, thats what comes into play
stimulation of the male organ irrespective of circumstance or situation surrounding such a stimulation will translate to an erection
so also will making a man watch an erotic movie under duress make him get aroused after a long period of time
Re: Rape! How Do We Deal With It? by Taito007(m): 9:46pm On Feb 06, 2009
Once the police or security force in place can guarantee her safety and privacy( not exposing her). And the facts that they feel they have been used and who would believe their claim. There was a case recently in uk where a girl of 12 was raped in the changing room( shocked) and another where three guys raped an autistic girl, these ladies identities were not revealed so if likewise can be done here maybe they will have the courage to speak up. But what about a situation were she doesn't even know the rapist, take the one of area boys in Onipan, ketu e.tc. This is were we question the level of security. What are they doing to stop this act, before it turns to the case in SouthAfrica . sad
Re: Rape! How Do We Deal With It? by bluespice(f): 9:53pm On Feb 06, 2009
true that
Re: Rape! How Do We Deal With It? by LIMUEL(m): 12:08am On Feb 07, 2009
Clearly there is no excuse for rape
It calls to question the quality of the moral content of our youths which is also a reflection of the larger society
The experience leaves an indelible scar that you cannot even imagine and it may take a life time to heal
We are not mature enough to deal with it because of the issue of stigmatization so we have very few reported cases

The sentence is okay
We also have cases were men are being raped though its very very rare.
But its important they get medical attention as soon as they are violated.

(1) (Reply)

I Met Dis Girl And We Started Talking: / We're Scared / How Do You Feel When Your Guy Tell You I Feeling You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.