Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

The Minimum Amount Of Money One Can Can Save In A Fixed Deposit Account - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / The Minimum Amount Of Money One Can Can Save In A Fixed Deposit Account (2896 Views)

Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks / How Much Will #1M Yield In A Fixed Deposit Account For A Period Of 1 Year / This Is Bad News For Fixed Deposit Holder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Minimum Amount Of Money One Can Can Save In A Fixed Deposit Account by lafex: 8:06am On May 07, 2015
I want to know this in different banks pls.
Thanks
Re: The Minimum Amount Of Money One Can Can Save In A Fixed Deposit Account by Obeenah(m): 5:24pm On May 07, 2015
lafex:
Thanks
Try First Bank. The minimum is 100k and earns u a 2% interest rate every month upon keeping the minimum balance. The good thing about this us that u can access ur funds anytime but will hv to forego the interest for the month. Diamond bank too operates the HIDA High Interest Deposit Account. Minimum is 100k too n can increase to 8% as ur deposit increases.
Re: The Minimum Amount Of Money One Can Can Save In A Fixed Deposit Account by lafex: 10:07pm On May 07, 2015
Obeenah:
Try First Bank. The minimum is 100k and earns u a 2% interest rate every month upon keeping the minimum balance. The good thing about this us that u can access ur funds anytime but will hv to forego the interest for the month. Diamond bank too operates the HIDA High Interest Deposit Account. Minimum is 100k too n can increase to 8% as ur deposit increases.
thanks I need more details from other banks also.
Re: The Minimum Amount Of Money One Can Can Save In A Fixed Deposit Account by leo1234(m): 2:22am On May 08, 2015
Obeenah:
Are u sure the interest rate is per month?
Most banks pay annum.
I went to access bank yesterday one marketer told me 5% per annum.
I use gtb and they pay 6.25% per annum.
Re: The Minimum Amount Of Money One Can Can Save In A Fixed Deposit Account by Obeenah(m): 6:45am On May 08, 2015
leo1234:

Are u sure the interest rate is per month?
Most banks pay annum.
I went to access bank yesterday one marketer told me 5% per annum.
I use gtb and they pay 6.25% per annum.
it is not per month. It is compounded over the period. Use this website to calculate http://www.suncorpbank.com.au/investing/term-deposits/calculator
Re: The Minimum Amount Of Money One Can Can Save In A Fixed Deposit Account by Obeenah(m): 6:48am On May 08, 2015
lafex:
Thanks
These are the two banks I am familiar with. In sure you can get the information from the website of other banks. But the highest you can get is 9% interest rate from anybank. FCMB does that. For a minimum of 90 days deposits of no less than 250k use this site to calculate: http://www.suncorpbank.com.au/investing/term-deposits/calculator

(1) (Reply)

Dollar To Naira Black Market Exchange Rate Today 24/12/2023 / Info On First Bank Shares. / Daily 2odds 80% Guaranteed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.