Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. (28322 Views)

Nigerian Paid Man £1000 To Pose As Her Baby's Father In Bid To Avoid Deportation / 20 English Words To Avoid When In Other Countries / 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by Ournaija: 2:01pm On May 07, 2015
Lagos is home for a all kids of characters. For new comers to get the best Lagos has to offer, here are the lists of people to avoid having your sanity intact. You can add your.

The Danfo Drivers.
You must avoid this set of guys as you drive along Lagos roads. They are one of the numerous entertainers that make Lagos fun. These guys believe that they are above the law. I don’t know where they obtain the authority to park and drop passengers at any point on the express way. Blocking the express way while waiting for a passenger who is mile away is a norm to them. You are not allowed to pass unless their buses are filled. Allow them display their madness and waka pass jejely. If you dare confront them with your vehicle, be sure that your vehicle will get re-painted with Lagos colour for free.

The Area Boys
The Oba cannot claim ownership of Lagos more these guys. They are government pikin and have special license to collect tolls from every commercial vehicle that ply the road. Every bus stop has its own Area boys. If you want to know if they have special license to operate, try and collect your own tolls from a bus stop.

The Police
Yes the police, you heard me. They may be your friend in Ekiti, Anambra or Abuja but not in Lagos. Police is just a common hustler in Lagos. They occupy an enviable position in list of people to avoid in Lagos. If you want to maintain your sanity avoid this folks. Try as much as you can to settle all your disputes without involving them. Having all your vehicular and personal papers intact will save you from their traps. Falling into their traps can deplete your life savings.

The Omo Oni Iles
These are the real land owners. If you like buy your land directly from Fashola himself, you will never be able to develop that piece without settling these boys. As much as you can, do the needful and avoid their troubles. They can send you packing if you dare them. Army and Police may not be always around to sort you on this.

The Scammers
These are the most dangerous on the list. They come in different guise. From religion to selling of fake products. They are in every bus stops, markets, mosques, churches, streets, etc. The list is endless, I have been in some buses where merchants advertise pharmaceutical products that can cure everything including cancer. News of fake pastors and imams duping Lagosians will always make headlines. Ask PM news for more details.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 07, 2015
Ooohh tnxxx for this infos....this will help me a lot when i go to Nigeria soon grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by Ournaija: 2:12pm On May 07, 2015
KashyBaby:
Ooohh tnxxx for this infos....this will help me a lot when i go to Nigeria soon grin

You welcome Ma`am.
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by kowema(f): 2:13pm On May 07, 2015
Once I was in a bus and A conductor and a passenger wia exchanging words over money and all.. And the conductor made a very funny but intresting statement, he said
"Na lagos be this Johnny, if u no get sense before u come, for here under one week, you must get sense".....
For real, u need to be wise to survive lagos,everything u do u must calculate, down to even crossing the road

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by Ournaija: 2:17pm On May 07, 2015
kowema:
Once I was in a bus and A conductor and a passenger wia exchanging words over money and all.. And the conductor made a very funny but intresting statement, he said
"Na lagos be this Johnny, if u no get sense before u come, for here under one week, you must get sense".....
For real, u need to be wise to survive lagos,everything u do u must calculate, down to even crossing the road

That is what makes Lasgidi unique. cool

4 Likes

Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by dayjee: 2:19pm On May 07, 2015
kowema:

True talk. wink
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 07, 2015
Educative
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by rawpadgin(m): 2:38pm On May 07, 2015
not for warri boys

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by menix(m): 2:42pm On May 07, 2015
* Be mindful of road users: if u com frm ur village were u look only left before crossing d road ur name nah USU(bat).
In lagos u mst look left, right, back Anoda left, right then finally look up else nah Igbobi hospital get u...

* If u your sugar mummy or daddy buy u expensive phone, pls lagos is not a place to flaunt such on d road cous wen u intend cutting d call after conversation u did find out u ve got only d phone pouch..

* Avoid an okada being driven by a northerner except u ve written ur wish..

* if u drive pls avoid this set of people called LASTMA, cous Doz fellow re govt. Licensed robbers..

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by Ournaija: 3:09pm On May 07, 2015
menix:
* Be mindful of road users: if u com frm ur village were u look only left before crossing d road ur name nah USU(bat).
In lagos u mst look left, right, back Anoda left, right then finally look up else nah Igbobi hospital get u...

* If u your sugar mummy or daddy buy u expensive phone, pls lagos is not a place to flaunt such on d road cous wen u intend cutting d call after conversation u did find out u ve got only d phone pouch..

* Avoid an okada being driven by a northerner except u ve written ur wish..

* if u drive pls avoid this set of people called LASTMA, cous Doz fellow re govt. Licensed robbers..

The bolded got me laughing.

7 Likes

Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by zeezahbee(f): 3:18pm On May 07, 2015
This your post dey make me miss naija cry , chaiii I haff miss. I remember when omo ONI Ile wanted to collect money from my dad, he called soulja and police, he ended up paying tho cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 07, 2015
Ok, add Neighbourhood Watch undecided
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by Goldenheart(m): 4:44pm On May 07, 2015
Lol
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by mactoni91(m): 4:44pm On May 07, 2015
#i_rep_Delta_state
#i_rep_Anioma
#i_rep_Oshimili_north
#i_rep_Illah
#i_rep_Uniport
#i_rep_born_and_bred_in_lagos #i_rep_dimpledCHEEKS
#I_rep_Twin
#i_rep_cute_gaptooth
#i_rep_i_luv_yoruba_gals
#i_rep_May22nd(bday)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by kobonaire(m): 4:45pm On May 07, 2015
And if you run into them and are duped/robbed .... don't feel too bad .... you will survive .... It is part of the rites of passage to becoming a Lagosian cool

@OP - great thread.

3 Likes

Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by free2ryhme: 4:45pm On May 07, 2015
grin

Guy u no add OPC

For your own safety most especially at night. These set of nuisance only act before they think. but by then it would have been too late.

Your Obito will be everywhere

1 Like

Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by folabayo1(f): 4:45pm On May 07, 2015
Lagos is like a learning institution..
No gurking..
Jara e cheesy

2 Likes

Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by kazmanbanjoko(m): 4:45pm On May 07, 2015
No dulling for lagos ooooo. If awon omo aye catch you ehn, yu go run kabakaba.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 07, 2015
ahahahah... as a new comer u just cant miss dem. undecided Wen was posted to lag, i get lost on ma every outing to marina, TBS, CMS and all. cheesy

twas a cute moment, i enjoyed every bit of tha bitter adventure
grin

2 Likes

Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by publicenemy(m): 4:47pm On May 07, 2015
Danfo drivers are demons

2 Likes

Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by omonnakoda: 4:47pm On May 07, 2015
Avoid the Lagoon or anyone that wants to lead you to the lagoon. Avoid Eb.......s

2 Likes

Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by lonelydora: 4:47pm On May 07, 2015
Ok
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by Oluwaplumpie(m): 4:48pm On May 07, 2015
rawpadgin:
not for warri boys
carry waffi levels enter na... Those boys go cure ur craze.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by abbeycial: 4:49pm On May 07, 2015
change is coming...all that madness cannot continue.

1 Like

Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by Alexgeneration(m): 4:49pm On May 07, 2015
Its very true.
Especially those A.boki riding their bike,abeg no try near them unless u need clutches.

4 Likes

Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by DuchessLily(f): 4:49pm On May 07, 2015
U must shine ur eyes for Lagos orr ......
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by Octaves(m): 4:50pm On May 07, 2015
most of these these things you listed also apply to Onitsha and Aba.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by WhoDeyThere(m): 4:50pm On May 07, 2015
Eko for show

The fellow below me fear not.
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by Ebonymiss: 4:51pm On May 07, 2015
Nice one. Ain't going to Lagos again. *Scared*

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos To Owerri Is N12,600 On Dana Air / Pictures From My Trip To Genting Highlands In Malaysia / First Batch Of Stranded Nigerians In Sudan Arrive Abuja (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.