Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. (28336 Views)

Nigerian Paid Man £1000 To Pose As Her Baby's Father In Bid To Avoid Deportation / 20 English Words To Avoid When In Other Countries / 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by Goodnuel: 6:15pm On May 07, 2015
I don't like that beautiful city...
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by fejikudz(m): 6:20pm On May 07, 2015
africanusvu:
Boy o boy,u never come Warri or Upperiweka,u for no post this,all this characters na moimoi,u never see where Police hold weed for hald the smoke for road de collect money join inside upereremejua,dee never give u nokia 3310 in d name of blackberry new model for iweka road,u don take ur eye see gbege live for EFfURUN roun about,cool down,notin de happen for lag we no first hapen for Area
LOL,u dey mind the op.. him never enter waffi na mak am!! effurun boys do pass all this ones na
Abi u nor know the MATA??
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by eleshin(m): 6:22pm On May 07, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

As in ehnnn
The way they talk about this Lagos, if you have never been there_ you would think it's that bad. undecided

The Op is. Absolutely right, it's that bad. More like a way of life......
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 07, 2015
menix:
* Be mindful of road users: if u com frm ur village were u look only left before crossing d road ur name nah USU(bat).
In lagos u mst look left, right, back Anoda left, right then finally look up else nah Igbobi hospital get u...

* If u your sugar mummy or daddy buy u expensive phone, pls lagos is not a place to flaunt such on d road cous wen u intend cutting d call after conversation u did find out u ve got only d phone pouch..

* Avoid an okada being driven by a northerner except u ve written ur wish..

* if u drive pls avoid this set of people called LASTMA, cous Doz fellow re govt. Licensed robbers..
Lol at avoiding okada driven by a Northerner. I recall the first time I was at Abj. I had stopped an okada man to take me to a street at Lugbe. I gave him a detailed address of the street. I asked him if he knew the place and he vigorously affirmed. I mounted. The guy suddenly stopped along a major express road and told me it was the street at Lugbe. Omo see argument. Luckily a passerby directed him to the right place. Told my friend about it and he said it was common among the okada men from the North. They usually are not conversant with places yet claim to be.

2 Likes

Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by mmsen: 6:28pm On May 07, 2015
If Lagos is serious about becoming a global city then it needs to do something about the people called " Omo Oni Iles".

Those people make it so difficult to develop land in Lagos and Lagos needs quality construction. At the moment land use in Lagos is very poor for city of 20 million.
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by Bowaley17(m): 6:30pm On May 07, 2015
*The Area boys can make life terrible for some conductors. Failure to pay them,na serious beating o.
*The Omo onile can make life miserable for someone. You bought the land from them,and you paid. When you start the foundation you will pay. Setting of blocks,you must pay again. Decking again you will pay. Sometimes you will have to abandon the land for some of time. If you are doubting me,ask Ikorodu peeps hwfa.
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by africanusvu(m): 6:38pm On May 07, 2015
fejikudz:
LOL,u dey mind the op.. him never enter waffi na mak am!! effurun boys do pass all this ones na
You wan tryyyy,dem papa well well for dia
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by hotice01: 6:50pm On May 07, 2015
KashyBaby:
Ooohh tnxxx for this infos....this will help me a lot when i go to Nigeria soon grin

Owaileke wen u go like begin the pidgin English lesson na?grin
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by allcomage: 6:51pm On May 07, 2015
Ebonymiss:
Nice one. Ain't going to Lagos again. *Scared*
Ok na. Run back into your mama womb.You don't know that every mega city has its own equivalent, New York,Rio dejenaro,joburg,London,Karachi,hochi min ,Mexico City etc.
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by richard870(m): 6:52pm On May 07, 2015
Speaking about the Police, culd u b'liv dat a police inspector whom I thought would settle a minor altercation,instead was lying in order 2 convert it 2 Affray. I am so sorry 4 dis country
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by catice(m): 7:00pm On May 07, 2015
Come to think of it you MUST pay your dues as a JJC in Lagos, in one way or the other. #noexcapingthis
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by rawpadgin(m): 7:03pm On May 07, 2015
Oluwaplumpie:
carry waffi levels enter na... Those boys go cure ur craze.
for where! na today i dey enter lasgidi?

where their craze for end naim our own for start

even aids dey fear Ebola o
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by catice(m): 7:14pm On May 07, 2015
Some Lagosians are just crazy and there's little or nothing you can do to avoid some ugly situations.
About 8 years ago I got an employment with a financial institution in Marina. I bought a HP smart phone back then, and this phone took about half of my salary.
I hunged the phone below my belt and set out to go home at the close of business one fateful day. It was about 6pm in the evening. When I got to CMS, a guy walked up to me. I initially tot he wanted to say something meaningful. He grabbed my left leg and said" abi make dem carry you go your village" I was angry and I asked he why he did that nonsense and all that. He apologized immidiately and crossed to the other side of the road. I paused for a while to figure out what happened. Lo and behold my phone was gone and my pouch was still firmly locked. That was d first time I payed my dues! How else could I have been careful in Lagos?

3 Likes

Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by nnacent(m): 7:31pm On May 07, 2015
catice:
Some Lagosians are just crazy and there's little or nothing you can do to avoid some ugly situations.
About 8 years ago I got an employment with a financial institution in Marina. I bought a HP smart phone back then, and this phone took about half of my salary.
I hunged the phone below my belt and set out to go home at the close of business one fateful day. It was about 6pm in the evening. When I got to CMS, a guy walked up to me. I initially tot he wanted to say something meaningful. He grabbed my left leg and said" abi make dem carry you go your village" I was angry and I asked he why he did that nonsense and all that. He apologized immidiately and crossed to the other side of the road. I paused for a while to figure out what happened. Lo and behold my phone was gone and my pouch was still firmly locked. That was d first time I payed my dues! How else could I have been careful in Lagos?
Hahahahahahaha! My friend u are absolutely correct. The antics of these guys are simply endless. However one sure way to avoid being a victim is to always "Soji yourself" that is be always contious of ur enviroment. Dont b absent minded at any point. They capitalise on ur being absent minded.

2 Likes

Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by FluffySucre(f): 7:32pm On May 07, 2015
[quote author=Ebonymiss post=33513394]Nice one. Ain't going to Lagos again. *Scared*

LOL
[color=#770077][/color]
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 07, 2015
greatmarshall:
make una check this madam profile see as she dey die to understand and speak our pidgin English, yet we for naija no know sey the pidgin suppose be our main language... Babe no worry I go cool down teach you well well... You hear?

I hear u grin
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by ehispapa(m): 7:52pm On May 07, 2015
KashyBaby:

I hear u grin

i suspect say your guy na naija guy. you wan use style learn pidgin to dey decode the guys yarns. Filipi..i hail una o
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 07, 2015
ehispapa:

i suspect say your guy na naija guy. you wan use style learn pidgin to dey decode the guys yarns. Filipi..i hail una o

Being suspicious is no gooood.... I dnt need to prove to everyone who i am...juz wait til i visit Nigeria soon... grin
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by Ournaija: 8:04pm On May 07, 2015
richard870:
Speaking about the Police, culd u b'liv dat a police inspector whom I thought would settle a minor altercation,instead was lying in order 2 convert it 2 Affray. I am so sorry 4 dis country

Nigerian Police is one of the many Nigeria`s problem. I dont want to have anything to do with them.

1 Like

Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 07, 2015
omonnakoda:
Avoid the Lagoon or anyone that wants to lead you to the lagoon. Avoid Eb.......s
Why na? plz
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by opeaceo: 8:29pm On May 07, 2015
nnacent:
Hahahahahahaha! My friend u are absolutely correct. The antics of these guys are simply endless. However one sure way to avoid being a victim is to always "Soji yourself" that is be always contious of ur enviroment. Dont b absent minded at any point. They capitalise on ur being absent minded.
As in ehhh, the annoying thing is, most times you are likely to see the person that stole from you, but if you follow that person, if you come back alive to share your testimony, you'll thank your stars.
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by Strongfaze(m): 8:37pm On May 07, 2015
Nice one OP, your post is refreshing to say the least. Lastly, avoid BRT lanes...
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by Rubis(m): 8:51pm On May 07, 2015
ricki:
What is the difference between area boys and police ??

Uniform grin
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by Rubis(m): 9:05pm On May 07, 2015
catice:

Sorry about that bro, one of the boys I used to send errand then once told me he used this same method to snatch phone from someone. It was so funny the way he displayed the scene. Well, I had to tell him to return the gadget which am sure he did not.

The boy died last year out of reckless drinking!

1 Like

Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by akigbemaru: 9:07pm On May 07, 2015
liist of people to avoid in lagos as new comers
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by sweetMichael(m): 9:18pm On May 07, 2015
Eko ni bajeewo...
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by richard870(m): 10:30pm On May 07, 2015
Ournaija:

Nigerian Police is one of the many Nigeria`s problem. I dont want to have anything to do with them.
They 're terrible bro
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 07, 2015
and all the job posters. avoid like hiv. avoid Easter Breakthrough
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by luggy(m): 10:43pm On May 07, 2015
OBA OF LAGOS LAGOO AND SOYINKA
Re: List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. by ewosk: 11:11pm On May 07, 2015
fejikudz:

i don waka small for dis naija i get folks all over....area na area...if efa boys enter ground d arrangement must change ooo... My ajebo neighbour go ajegunle years back e dey feel like boss wen e cum bck... HEAVY RAIN FALL NOR MEAN SAY DUCK FOWL GO NEED TOWEL OO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija: Khloe "I Like Miracle, Teddy A Not My Type" / Pictures From My Trip To Genting Highlands In Malaysia / I Want To Migrate To Switzerland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.