Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari (20166 Views)

South East Says No To Protest. / North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West / Anger Swells Against South-east Governors - NewTelegraphOnline.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by ruggedboy01: 4:45am On May 08, 2015
Promises fairness to every section as zone demands SGF, House of Reps presiding officer

From Iheanacho Nwosu,Abuja

The President-elect, Gen Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday assured that he will not discriminate against the South-East or any other section of the country, saying Nigeria is his constituency.

He also promised to look into the demands of the South-East caucus of the All Progressives Congress(APC) handed to him recently .

Gen Buhari spoke when he met with the Ohanaeze Ndigbo Caretaker Committee led by its Chairman, Chief Ralph  Obioha. Other members of the delegation include former Anambra State governor, Sen. Chris Ngige, former Managing Director of Nigerian Breweries, Eze Festus Odimegwu, Chief Onwuka Ukwa, Osita Okechukwu and Anike Nwoga .

Dismissing fears that his incoming administration may work against sections of the country that didn’t vote for him in the last polls, the President-elect said he will fulfil the promise he made during the campaigns to treat every Nigerian equally.

He commended some South-East leaders who, he said, stood for the truth and ensured that residents of the area were fed with the truth.

In his address, Obioha thanked Gen. Buhari for his promise to run  a competent and corruption-free government.

He described as false claims that South-East did not vote for Buhari. According to him, if the Card Reader was allowed to work in the zone, Nigerians would have known that the zone was for APC .

The Ohanaeze caretaker committee boss singled out Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu, Sen Ngige and Governor Rochas Okorocha for praise, describing the trio as wise men. Apart from the three, Obioha listed prominent Igbo leaders like former Abia State governor, Dr Orji Uzor Kalu, Odimegwu as those who worked for the APC candidate.

He said: “We are only a representative delegation and on behalf of the whole house, we wish to mention the outstanding, extra efforts and contributions of H.E Orji Uzor Kalu, Sen Jen Nnamani, Chief Emeka Okwosa, Eze Festus Odimegwu, Chief Enechi Onyia, Sen Offia Nwali and Chief Onwuka Ukwa .

“The three wise men from the South-East, Governor Rochas Okorocha, Ogbonnaya Onu and Chris Ngige are our illustrious sons.

“Your Excellency, as the head of the APC leadership, you are aware that the South-East was a target by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) rigging machine which produced an election result that denied the zone of even a single senator and only three non-ranking members of the House. Ndigbo request that you adopt the principle of necessity to give the zone the position of Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF)which is your prerogative and in addition, a position of one presiding officer in the House of Representatives “.

Also speaking, Eze Odimegwu thanked Gen Buhari for nominating him into the Transition Committee even when he had not met him before. He said it was a sign that the incoming government will pay attention to merit than other considerations.

Meanwhile, Ngige has dismissed insinuation that the South-East APC caucus was fighting over the SGF slot that is likely to be zoned to the region. He said the zone is working together, disclosing that the caucus’ decision on that will be made known soon.

He said: “We have a caucus, we have a position, when we get to the bridge, we cross it.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=118357

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by okosodo: 4:51am On May 08, 2015
I wish. He is a fulani man and he will do what fulani does to the ibos, marginalise, hate and punish them. Anyways, ge will earn my respect if he proves me wrong, which is totally impossible sha

14 Likes

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by PassingShot(m): 4:51am On May 08, 2015
Most Nigerians know GMB to be a detribalized and very fair man. Only the bigots think otherwise.

Also speaking, Eze Odimegwu thanked Gen Buhari for nominating him into the Transition Committee even when he had not met him before. He said it was a sign that the incoming government will pay attention to merit than other considerations.
This is not the first time of hearing GMB appointing qualified and competent people to positions without having known or met them.

May God continue to guide you aright our incoming president.

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by Nobody: 4:58am On May 08, 2015
Buhari the talkative.... Action speaks louder than voice... Talk less and concentrate more on the bigger task ahead..

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by PassingShot(m): 5:03am On May 08, 2015
Equalizer:
Buhari the talkative.... Action speaks louder than voice... Talk less and concentrate more on the bigger task ahead..

Use your brain. It's a gift from God.

127 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by arbitter: 5:09am On May 08, 2015
Now wait and see some halfwits criticize and condemn him for saying this even though they were ranting all over the place that Buhari wants to marginalize them or whatever. You just cant win with them.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by babadem2much(m): 5:13am On May 08, 2015
I don't see hate as something to discuss here, cuz i know some Igbos voted for GMB but majority for da PDP so that added to his vote n same applies to GEJ in da North. Lets allow BABA keep planning on how hez going to lead his people as he has the templates in his palms.
Now my prayers

May God give him more wisdom to lead
Give him long life
give him d zeal to carry everybody along.
God give him the ability to wipe n jail curruptors

God bless GMB
God bless GEJ
God Bless Nigeria

sign: #babadem2much

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by Ilekeh(f): 5:17am On May 08, 2015
I hope he doesn't because we had reliable Igbo people that showed Buhari their loyal support.

i.e berem, egift, omenka, okorocha, ngige, etc

Do not reflect the sin of the majority on the minors.

33 Likes

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by ruggedboy01: 5:19am On May 08, 2015
This will be a bad news for my bros them from de land of ofemnu sad angry

##Babaonechance# cheesy grin

9 Likes

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by micktoxin(m): 5:19am On May 08, 2015
Let's not kid ourselves, he wouldn't have won the election if proportionate numbers of igbos, southsouth or Yoruba didn't vote for him. So impartiality to all tribes should be the minimum required of him.
What we need now is a collective efforts from everyone to make Nigeria better.
Let's hope he can take Nigeria forward. I believe he can.
God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by kettykings: 5:27am On May 08, 2015
How really can he marginalised igbos, by denying them fair share of projects or killing their businesses.

If igbos can form a think thank that can insulate the eastern economy from Nigeria policies apart from that I don't see much buhari can do to the igbos.

Igbos should warm up for the worst and prepare for the best just in case.

4 Likes

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by shikshark: 5:29am On May 08, 2015
na only baba dey talk sha.....abeg make osinbajo no be like samboribo oooooo.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by Nobody: 5:32am On May 08, 2015
Yea right. What did you expect him to say? Well, fyi; igbos don't care. We've been marginalised all of our lives and we still waxing strong more than the northern region that has been eating the lion's share. Second state with the highest none oil GDP after lagos, it's anambra, no government support to get there.

8 Likes

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by benuejosh: 5:33am On May 08, 2015
while the three major tribes keep hating each other. Mine remains the best. PROUDLY TIV fourth largest tribe in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by Nobody: 5:36am On May 08, 2015
Ilekeh:
I hope he doesn't because we had reliable Igbo people that showed Buhari their loyal support.

i.e berem, egift, omenka, okorocha, ngige, etc

Do not reflect the sin of the majority on the minors.
who is berem and egift? Faceless entities on nairaland. Berem that claims to be married to an igbo in imo state but stays in the lagos with her parents and siblings or is it egift that claims enugu but doesn't know where enugu state stadium is..ekekwam unu

16 Likes

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by elijahsinto(m): 5:37am On May 08, 2015
Space Booked
Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by benuejosh: 5:39am On May 08, 2015
kettykings:
How really can he marginalised igbos, by denying them fair share of projects or killing their businesses.

If igbos can form a think thank that can insulate the eastern economy from Nigeria policies apart from that I don't see much buhari can do to the igbos.

6 Likes

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by Ilekeh(f): 5:53am On May 08, 2015
liberty300:
who is berem and egift? Faceless entities on nairaland. Berem that claims to be married to an igbo in imo state but stays in the lagos with her parents and siblings or is it egift that claims enugu but doesn't know where enugu state stadium is..ekekwam unu

And you consider yourself a relevant entity?

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by Ilekeh(f): 5:54am On May 08, 2015
benuejosh:

Please, don't judge his Igbo accent.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by benuejosh: 5:56am On May 08, 2015
Ilekeh:

Please, don't judge his Igbo accent.
okay. Taken

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by raumdeuter: 5:57am On May 08, 2015
You dont need to discriminate against Ibos,

Ibos would discriminate against themselves

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by focus7: 5:59am On May 08, 2015
Yea Baba, we trust you, you are a true leader and father of all. A father is the one that accommodate all even when they don't deserve it.

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by ideykwum: 6:04am On May 08, 2015
There are more Ijaw people than there are Tiv people!!! Nkpandeve!

benuejosh:
while the three major tribes keep hating each other. Mine remains the best. PROUDLY TIV fourth largest tribe in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by gratieao: 6:06am On May 08, 2015
I did not receive loan from government to start my business, so buhari and his government can go to hell

8 Likes

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by focus7: 6:12am On May 08, 2015
micktoxin:
Let's not kid ourselves, he wouldn't have won the election if proportionate numbers of igbos or Yoruba didn't vote for him. So impartiality to all tribes should be the minimum required of him.
What we need now is a collective efforts from everyone to make Nigeria better.
Let's hope he can take Nigeria forward. I believe he can.
God bless Nigeria.
Please forget about Igbos vote, Igbos vote cannot even win a counsellorship election for anybody at the national level. The south south votes are of more value than Igbos vote, Igbos should just enjoy the generosity of the General who has a large heart to accommodate everyone. This is what differentiate a true leader and a clueless mind who marginalised the Yorubas in his government and later came to be sharing dollars to them for a re-election vote.

17 Likes

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by micktoxin(m): 6:17am On May 08, 2015
focus7:
Please forget about Igbos vote, Igbos vote cannot even win a counsellorship election for anybody at the national level. The south south votes are of more value than Igbos vote, Igbos should just enjoy the generosity of the General who has a large heart to accommodate everyone. This is what differentiate a true leader and a clueless mind who marginalised the Yorubas in his government and later came to be sharing dollars to them for a re-election vote.
lol. Some might disagree with you, that he marginalised yorubas. Just glad he is gone to be honest.

5 Likes

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by Texcoco(m): 6:19am On May 08, 2015
No matter how illiterate a nomadic can be,you can always take their word for it as long as it doesn't involve anything islamic unlike "you know who" and their backstabbing tendencies e.g thieffnubu.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by BlackTechnology: 6:29am On May 08, 2015
kettykings:

We don't need a think tank to insulate the Eastern economy from Nigeria policies

All we need to do is to encourage those parts of Igboland who are not industrial conscious to start thinking as industrialists just like the Nnewis

If every Igbo community strive towards industrialization like the Nnewis, we will build a technological Biafra within the Nigerian State

So my dear the steps you and I should take are

1) Educate our people towards industrialization

2) Encourage Micro financing that has low interest and long term(7yrs) loans

3) Community infrastructural projects

4 ) You and other people can add more cool

9 Likes

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by biafransoul: 6:30am On May 08, 2015
Mr Buhari a.k.a baba one chance, please we igbos don't care how or who you appoint into your government. We don't rely on government patronage and if you check around the country, it's the states that rely on government that can't even pay their workers salaries. Please help me tell your fellow Apc members to stop using the name of Ohanaeze to ventures on their posts searching expedition. Enough said

6 Likes

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by BlackTechnology: 6:31am On May 08, 2015
benuejosh:

How did you arrive at this.? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by ruggedboy01: 6:32am On May 08, 2015
gratieao:
I did not receive loan from government to start my business, so buhari and his government can go to hell
exactly my thought..... discriminate SE or not, we shall be moving from glory to glory.
Chukwu Abiama is our strength

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obed Asiegbu: Gunmen Attack SSA To Abia State Governor (Photos) / Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed / Facts About Osun Governorship Election 2018 And Age Of Contestants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.