Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived (59478 Views)

11 Most Influential Nigerian Women By Ovoko.com (Photos) / Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria / 9 Most Influential Nigerian Politicians In 2015 - Takemetonaija.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by havennie(f): 12:00am On May 09, 2015
PreciousBro:

grin lol the Insults are to keep you on track and refrain from derailing, your plot to deny her paternal side is an insult to not just the igbos but the ethos of ethnicity right and privilege.

You and your poster boyfriend are useless and indeed fitted for long lasting matrimony.

You are the ones that have displayed a low level of intelligence quotient with your flawed claims and stup!d persistence.

See Mr Man, stop embarassing the igbo group here because some of us have respect for igbos but u are gradually making us to loose it.
I am not against the igbos in anyway, all i stand for is the fact that Margaret had more Efik-ibibio influences than Igbo influences.
Just between me and u, my guy is even an igbo man, so u can see that i have no personal hatred and sentiments towards igbos. But the way i am seeing u igbos acting here is making me have other thoughts.
U ppl should learn to always accept the facts and not b be beclouded by igbocentric sentiments.
I am a middlebelter and my people never have problem with igbos, rather it is the hausas we have problems with.
Goodnight

1 Like

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by somegirl1: 12:02am On May 09, 2015
Nowenuse:
Igbos and Hausas are typically the same seriously.

They both have wasted egos and are always troubling the minority groups of their region and trying to claim their achievements. They always result to insults on the slightest provocation just to back up their wasted egos.

This is why i so much love the yorubas, they are silent achievers, they dont make noise like the Igbos or Hausas who are always quarelling and fighting each other.

Igbos & Hausas are the 2 major problems of Nigeria.

What is your tribe and which of these 3 women is from your tribe? Stop claiming other people's achievements by hiding under the umbrella of regions. These groups - Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa - you mentioned are ethnic groups not regions. Where's yours? Stand on your own two feet as you expect of others.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by NZEGWUAGU(m): 12:03am On May 09, 2015
PreciousBro:
Her husband didn't even represent her movement much with his absence in the meetings, as stated in the article, that she had to fit in his position and spoke what seemed his mind which is in correlation or aligned with hers.

This is unbelievable!!!

You all point fingers that the igbos are trying to attach themselves on her when its you people that are actually doing so because of her success.

The igbos even have better claim given the fact that Margaret. Asa-Nwa is igbo by birth,by name, by origin ,I mean. You truth-covering roaches should let this tribalism air our your windows fast!!
Smh
Maggi nwanne nke muoooo!
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by PreciousBro: 12:08am On May 09, 2015
havennie:

See Mr Man, stop embarassing the igbo group here because some of us have respect for igbos but u are gradually making us to loose it.
I am not against the igbos in anyway, all i stand for is the fact that Margaret had more Efik-ibibio influences than Igbo influences.
Just between me and u, my guy is even an igbo man, so u can see that i have no personal hatred and sentiments towards igbos. But the way i am seeing u igbos acting here is making me have other thoughts.
U ppl should learn to always accept the facts and not b be beclouded by igbocentric sentiments.
I am a middlebelter and my people never have problem with igbos, rather it is the hausas we have problems with.
Goodnight

I don't care what your thoughts are about igbos, you clearly stated it in the post when you stup!dly quoted me. Your guy is igbo ? shocked Hell who doesn't wanna befriend an igbo boyfriend cheesy

What do the igbos here do that makes you lose respect for them as you say ? Sssssh don't answer, I don't care.

The way you have eyes to see, its the same way I see things too. And trust me, the feeling is indeed mutual. I don't like your lot too.

Just me ,my tribe ,my family. I'm good to go. We all have choices,ok.

3 Likes

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by PreciousBro: 12:09am On May 09, 2015
NZEGWUAGU:
Maggi nwanne nke muoooo!
LoL.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by ianSweet(f): 12:09am On May 09, 2015
NZEGWUAGU:
You dey vex? Who told you her father's people did not contribute to her up-bringing? All this your your gender equality bullshit leads you no where. We are living in a predominantly patrilineal world. Every damn person you know including yourself is from his/her father's place and not his/her mothers place. Magret was an Igbo girl if you like let the mother come from Jupiter it doesn't matter. Obama is a Kenyan and bears his father's name even though it was the mother that toiled and made him who he is today. Nobody wants to be a bastard. Mentioning that her mother was Efik was merely accademic. I am from my state because of my father and not my mother likewise you. Anybody who is an indigene of a state on account of his mother is simply a bastard! So her name was Magret Obiasulor before marriage changed it to Ekpo. We thank Efik people for helping in nuturing our daughter, though. God would bless them. Mana Ozuzu zuchaa onye nwe nwa nwe nwa!!!

See this thief.
If Margaret had turn out to be a prostitute, i guess u would have denied that her father was not an igbo man.
As a lady i give all the Kudos to Margaret's Efik mother and her Efik background for her upbringing.
Nonsense! Only fools fail to acknowledge the importance of their mother.

We are in the 21st century and not in the stone age. US accepted Obama based on his maternity and not his paternity. how many times have u ever seen Obama identified with his father's Luo tribe in Kenya or any Kenyan? Obama remains a proud American and his american identity and upbringing made him who he was.
so go and hide in a cave with ur stone age mentality.

But besides even if we are to go by your 'male domination theories' or whatever, Margaret later married an Ibibio-efik man and gave birth to Ibibio-Efik children, so forever and ever her generations and generations unborn remain in Ibibio-Efik land.
Loosers!

1 Like

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by NZEGWUAGU(m): 12:12am On May 09, 2015
I am sure those days Ibibio people would be angry with their brother for marrying an Igbo woman. And during the struggle they would always say you see! Stupid domineering Igbo woman. We warned our brother not to marry her but he refused. I am sure it was they who warned the husband not to be part of her efforts as I am sure they would have pointed out that Igbo women are trouble makers.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by somegirl1: 12:14am On May 09, 2015
PreciousBro:

I don't care what your thoughts are about igbos, you clearly stated it in the post when you stup!dly quoted me. Your guy is igbo ? shocked Hell who doesn't wanna befriend an igbo boyfriend cheesy

What do the igbos here do that makes you lose respect for them as you say ? Sssssh don't answer, I don't care.

The way you have eyes to see, its the same way I see things too. And trust me, the feeling is indeed mutual. I don't like your lot too.

We 're scared,very scared that she'll dump our Igbo brother.
He would probably die of heartbreak because there are no other women on earth.
We don't want blood on our hands, do we?

1 Like

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by PreciousBro: 12:17am On May 09, 2015
somegirl1:

We 're scared,very scared that she'll dump our Igbo brother. He would probably die of heartbreak because there are no other women on earth. We don't want blood on our hands, do we?
grin grin
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by ianSweet(f): 12:20am On May 09, 2015
havennie:

Goodnight

My middlebelt sister, u don't know these igbos at all o, they can claim like thieves ehn. That is why we igalas dont trust them despite the fact we are neighbours and share so much in common.
That was the same way Anambra people tried to steal our oil in Ibaji.

Igbos dont have respect for minority groups and that is why they will never produce an elected president of Nigeria until they change.
If not on a normal day, many of we middlebelters are supposed to be on igbo side.
I am an igala girl not just by paternity but because i spent a large part of my upbringing in Igala land, my mother is an Ibibio-efik woman and i owe as much of my identity to Ibibio just as i owe to Igala.

PreciousBro:

[quote author=PreciousBro post=335563

Hey Mr Man, Middlebelt ladies are not cheap like ur igbo slut sisters who prostitute everywhere. If havennie is in a relationship with an igbo man, the man definitely came after her and not she after the man.
Middlebelt people train their daughters well.
U know how many igbo boys dey disturb me as i dey here? but i will never date an igbo man because many of u have arrogant characters.
Only Enugu people i respect because they are very elightened igbos and they have a good relationship with we igalas n idomas and not all these silly Anambra n Imo boys who dont go to school and only move to Lagos to sell fake products.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by NZEGWUAGU(m): 12:26am On May 09, 2015
ianSweet:

See this thief.
If Margaret had turn out to be a prostitute, i guess u would have denied that her father was not an igbo man.
As a lady i give all the Kudos to Margaret's Efik mother and her Efik background for her upbringing.

We are in the 21st century and not in the stone age. US accepted Obama based on his maternity and not his paternity. how many times have u ever seen Obama identified with his father's Luo tribe in Kenya or any Kenyan? Obama remains a proud American and his american identity and upbringing made him who he was.

But besides even if we are to go by your 'male domination theories' or whatever, Margaret later married an Ibibio-efik man and gave birth to Ibibio-Efik children, so forever and ever her generations and generations unborn remain in Ibibio-Efik land.
Loosers!
Obama's names are Barack Hussein Obama. What other better way is there for one to identify with his people? He visited with his people in Kenya as a boy growing up, as a senator of the USA and the President. Days to the presidential election all major international media were already at Alego at his ancestral home covering all the activities going on there. He's president because he's born in the USA and that makes him a citizen. Remember that at some point his citizenship became an issue until it was proven he was born in the US. Even if both his parents were from the US but he was born outside the country he wouldn't have been qualified to contest. So pls do not mix things up. And do not forget that Republicans accused him as a senator of habouring one of his aunts from Kenya whom they claimed had no papers. And during his inuaguration the Obamas were conveyed from Kenya to the US with a special chattered jet.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by PreciousBro: 12:27am On May 09, 2015
ianSweet:

My middlebelt sister, u don't know these igbos at all o, they can claim like thieves ehn. That is why we igalas dont trust them despite the fact we are neighbours and share so much in common.

Igbos dont have respect for minority groups and that is why they will never produce an elected president of Nigeria until they change.
If not on a normal day, many of we middlebelters are supposed to be on igbo side.
I am an igala girl not just by paternity but because i spent a large part of my upbringing in Igala land, my mother is an Ibibio-efik woman and i owe as much of my identity to Ibibio just as i owe to Igala.

Hey Mr Man, Middlebelt ladies are not cheap like ur igbo slut sisters who prostitute everywhere. If havennie is in a relationship with an igbo man, the man definitely came after her and not she after the man.
U know how many igbo boys dey disturb me as i dey here? but i will never date an igbo man because many of u have arrogant characters.
Only Enugu people i respect because they are very elightened igbos and they have a good relationship with we igalas n idomas and not all these silly Anambra n Imo boys who dont go to school and only move to Lagos to sell fake products.

Am I suppose to take this ill rants of you serious ? Spoken like the foolish poster.

Please don't date them o. They can never marry your slutty sorry-ass because no one likes a tart.

And please get an education, you surely missed it.

1 Like

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by NZEGWUAGU(m): 1:09am On May 09, 2015
PreciousBro:

Am I suppose to take this ill rants of you serious ? Spoken like the foolish poster.

Please don't date them o. They can never marry your slutty sorry-ass because know one likes a tart.

And please get an education, you surely missed it.
Pls guys there's nothing like the middle belt. What the constitution recognises is North Central. Point of correction. Igbos are not arrogant but they are a very successful people and you know success brings envy. We are not losing sleep over the presidency of Nigeria. It's only that we would have liked to be there not for ourselves because God has already blessed us but so we can bring our ingenuity to bear on the governance of this country and move the country to an enviable height so that the poor around us would benefit including igala people. The oil at ibaji is not yours until the court where the case has been lodged rules in your favour, which is doubtful. We are not even as oppressive as igalas otherwise why is it that no other tribe has has produced governor in kogi? You marginalise the ibiras, the kabas, basa, ogori magogo, etc. True or false. We like igala women because of their big asses. Infact they are usually heavily endowed fron and back, but don't count on pretty face. I may not garantee that one! That's where igbo women are better with no reference to iqs anyway. Another problem why igbo guys don't wonna marry them is because they are perceived to be fetish. My girlfriend is igala. Her name is Ojochona. She's very inteligent up to Igbo standard. She read a science course and graduated second best in her class with a CGPA above 4.3 and I can assure you that if you see her ass you will die right now. She has tribal marks but her's are simple and sexy. She's the embodiment of feminine sexuality. The problem is that my friends keep warning me to be careful with Igala girls cos they use charms a lot but I would always wonder what other charms can be more dangerous than the loads she has in her front and her back!
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by NZEGWUAGU(m): 1:24am On May 09, 2015
ianSweet:

See this thief.

Loosers!
And it's because her children are Ibibio (not Ibibio-Efik) that they have not achieved success like their Igbo mother. Their IQs have been downgraded. If Maggi had married an Igbo man their IQs would have been x2 of hers and they would have achieved notable success in life. I'm sure what her Ibibio children would be thinking about allthe time is how to eat dog pepper soup and chase women and men as the case may be. What a waste! Maggi why an Ibibio man?

1 Like

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by NZEGWUAGU(m): 1:32am On May 09, 2015
somegirl1:

What is your tribe and which of these 3 women is from your tribe? Stop claiming other people's achievements by hiding under the umbrella of regions. These groups - Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa - you mentioned are ethnic groups not regions. Where's yours? Stand on your own two feet as you expect of others.
God forbid! How can Igbos and re tarded abokis be the same. Pls rush to the nearest church for confession of your sins. How can you compare Humans and Animals? Yorubas are even the noisiest ethnic group in Nigeria and the most lousy.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by NZEGWUAGU(m): 1:59am On May 09, 2015
Why did the writer write all Mrs Kuti's names and even Ladi Kwali's but intentionally ommitted Magrets middle name. I sense conspiracy!
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by jascon1(m): 4:01am On May 09, 2015
chukwubuzor123:
That is One thing I would not resist if I have to. Be preparing for that drink, maybe we would have to cross path, eye in eye.
we'll plan for that eye to eye path crossing. I don't do much beer, but I can rake my pocket with wine. How about u?
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nobody: 6:33am On May 09, 2015
jascon1:
we'll plan for that eye to eye path crossing. I don't do much beer, but I can rake my pocket with wine. How about u?
Wine is a good choice for me. am not good at bear.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by kaura5000: 6:57am On May 09, 2015
Idiot do you know of queen amina?haha who is a slave to who hausa to fulani... you must be an idiot never a slave and master relationship between us because most of us comes from both heritage so we regard each other as partners when it comes to dominating you guyz.. queen amina who is hausa had been making you guyz slaves...and if not for your hypocrisy you would know that we in the north dont matter much about ethnicity like religion..idiot check governors ministers to see which tribe they are before you begun your hausa slave things, idiot check advance cultures what matters to them is how to assimilate and add people of diverse background to their cultures... haha even the fulaani you talk of are at most fulani by name..check the current vice president president of niger republic governors of kano,sokoto,zamfara,kaduna,katsina,niger and alot of them ministers speakers reps etc...
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by cheruv: 7:00am On May 09, 2015
NZEGWUAGU:
You dey vex? Who told you her father's people did not contribute to her up-bringing? All this your your gender equality bullshit leads you no where. We are living in a predominantly patrilineal world. Every damn person you know including yourself is from his/her father's place and not his/her mothers place. Magret was an Igbo girl if you like let the mother come from Jupiter it doesn't matter. Obama is a Kenyan and bears his father's name even though it was the mother that toiled and made him who he is today. Nobody wants to be a bastard. Mentioning that her mother was Efik was merely accademic. I am from my state because of my father and not my mother likewise you. Anybody who is an indigene of a state on account of his mother is simply a bastard! So her name was Magret Obiasulor before marriage changed it to Ekpo. We thank Efik people for helping in nuturing our daughter, though. God would bless them. Mana Ozuzu zuchaa onye nwe nwa nwe nwa!!!
I'd ask that havennie takes the highlighted part to the bank,kos it would save her a lot of BS!
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by somegirl1: 7:25am On May 09, 2015
ianSweet:

What you've described is human nature and is not peculiar to any group. Failure has no friends.
Many Efiks would have denied her as well if she was a prostitute. Her Igbo side would have been emphasized.
The yoruba Woolwich killers Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale and ISIS bride Khadijah Dare (born in Nigeria) were denied by their kinsmen, they were referred to as British, while British born actor David Oyelowo is celebrated as a yoruba son.
It's called "life".
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by jascon1(m): 7:28am On May 09, 2015
chukwubuzor123:
Wine is a good choice for me. am not good at bear.
correct guy. Do u have a fave, red or white?
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Lordave: 7:39am On May 09, 2015
havennie:

Goodnight
Nobody gives a rat shiit whether your men or women are Igbo or Gwari, nobody cares what your thoughts are on Igbos.

In a nutshell, nobody cares about the opinions of an irrational bigot like you.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Lordave: 7:48am On May 09, 2015
ianSweet:

[quote author=PreciousBro post=335563

Didn't know you were this shallow
Smh
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by NZEGWUAGU(m): 7:49am On May 09, 2015
NZEGWUAGU:
And it's because her children are Ibibio (not Ibibio-Efik) that they have not achieved success like their Igbo mother. Their IQs have been downgraded. If Maggi had married an Igbo man their IQs would have been x2 of hers and they would have achieved notable success in life. I'm sure what her Ibibio children would be thinking about allthe time is how to eat dog pepper soup and chase women and men as the case may be. What a waste! Maggi why an Ibibio man?
@iansweet I think you are a kidnapper. You are trying all your best to kidnap our sister Maggi even though she's dead but we will not aloow that. I am sure you hate your father for not being Igbo and your mother for not begging an Igbo man to marry her in the first place. I know that feeling and I will take your case to God in prayer to consider you in your next life and usher you to Igbo parents since you will commit suicide very soon. Before you do the suicide thing just try to beg an Igbo guy to pump you real hard- if you have a big ass and big breasts cos Igbo guys are crazy about that combo- and give you a baby so that at least you will be Igbo by association before you die.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Afam4eva(m): 7:51am On May 09, 2015
Nowenuse:
Also, based on the 5 major human geographical divisions we have in Nigeria

The Core-northern part of Nigeria, the Middlebelt part, Eastern, Western & Niger deltan

Let's say Margaret Ekpo represents the Niger deltan region as an Ibibio
Ladi Kwali represents the Middlebelt region as a Gbagyi woman
& Funmilayo Kuti represents the Western (yoruba speaking region)

I'd like to hear from Igbos (easternerns) and the Hausa-fulanis (core-northernerns), who are the most influential Igbo & Hausa-fulani women that ever lived??
Margareth Ekpo is Igbo.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nobody: 7:59am On May 09, 2015
jascon1:
correct guy. Do u have a fave, red or white?
any one can searve preferable its not alchoholic.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by NZEGWUAGU(m): 8:01am On May 09, 2015
NZEGWUAGU:
@iansweet I think you are a kidnapper. You are trying all your best to kidnap our sister Maggi even though she's dead but we will not aloow that. I am sure you hate your father for not being Igbo and your mother for not begging an Igbo man to marry her in the first place. I know that feeling and I will take your case to God in prayer to consider you in your next life and usher you to Igbo parents since you will commit suicide very soon. Before you do the suicide thing just try to beg an Igbo guy to pump you real hard- if you have a big ass and big breasts cos Igbo guys are crazy about that combo- and give you a baby so that at least you will be Igbo by association before you die.
@ianSweet The only problem here is that you are Igala and I suspect you have a big ass and wouldn't want you to die with that. It will be a waste. So how can we work things out so I can enjoy that your Igala load. I must confess I am getting addicted to Igala girls!
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Afam4eva(m): 8:07am On May 09, 2015
Nowenuse:

Silly igbo boy
Understand what havennie & IanSweet are trying to explain to u and stop bragging like a slowpoke.
The regional system of government was what made Margaret Ekpo to function more from Aba and igbo areas.

Where were the igbos when Margaret's Efik mother struggled to bring her up?
Where were her igbo people when her ibibio husband helped her to realise her destiny and dream as a political activist?
Where are igbos today when Efik people named their airport in Calabar after their beloved daughter Margaret?
infact u people are supposed to hide ur faces on this thread instead of bragging unnecesarily here. Nonsense!
My freiend keep wuiet and stop talking like a donkey. You're surely a moronic dingbat to throw caution to the wind and assume a state of mental dis-equilibrium. It's because of half baked educated folks like you that i stayed away from Nairaland. Someone's Father is Igbo, yet a grown up man like you is arguing about where that person is from as if our culture has stopped being Patriarchal. So, if i was born to an Igbo father but born and grew up in Kano with no iota of Igboness in me, does that make me Hausa?
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by mekonglobal(m): 8:18am On May 09, 2015
Twaci:
Not by beauty but brains cheesy. These women are remembered till date because they stood for their rights. Intelligence coupled with dillegence paves the way to a successful future. I want to be remembered like them, girls do you?

How do i vote?
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nobody: 8:26am On May 09, 2015
Nowenuse:
Also, based on the 5 major human geographical divisions we have in Nigeria

The Core-northern part of Nigeria, the Middlebelt part, Eastern, Western & Niger deltan

Let's say Margaret Ekpo represents the Niger deltan region as an Ibibio
Ladi Kwali represents the Middlebelt region as a Gbagyi woman
& Funmilayo Kuti represents the Western (yoruba speaking region)

I'd like to hear from Igbos (easternerns) and the Hausa-fulanis (core-northernerns), who are the most influential Igbo & Hausa-fulani women that ever lived??

Must you always bring tribalism into everything. We have Dora, we have chimamanda adichie, we have ngozi iweala, we have mary anyali, chioma ajunwa, oluchi onweagba,.....do you want more?

1 Like

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by jascon1(m): 8:33am On May 09, 2015
chukwubuzor123:
any one can searve preferable its not alchoholic.
wait o! U no day take alcohol?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Alex Badeh's Assassination: Airforce Releases Statement On Death Of Ex Chief / Nnamdi Kanu Is In London, He Went Through Malaysia — Orji Kalu / Rotimi Amaechi Dancing At The Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.