Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived (59471 Views)

11 Most Influential Nigerian Women By Ovoko.com (Photos) / Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria / 9 Most Influential Nigerian Politicians In 2015 - Takemetonaija.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 08, 2015
jascon1:
Nigeria does not appreciate ppl like these. Rather they give presidential awards to Genevieve. For what, I don't know
I tireooo, though I am not too burdered though.

Hi jascon, remember me
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nowenuse: 12:52pm On May 08, 2015
Phut:

Aren't you the OP?

Did you read your article before you posted it?

Margaret was Igbo. Obiasulor was her maiden name. Ekpo was her married name

Ok, let's agree that she was of mixed heritage but the fact is that her Efik/ibibio roots speaks far louder than her igbo roots partly due to these reasons

> She was born and bred in Calabar
> Her igbo father died at a very early stage and she grew up with just her mother and her mother's Efik people in Calabar acquiring Efik Culture
> Finally she married an Efik man

This was why she identified as Efik more but although since Efik-ibibio and igbos were one back then in the old eastern region, her works anf agitations were for the whole region.
So we can say she represents the Old eastern region.

3 Likes

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 08, 2015
jascon1:
Nigeria does not appreciate ppl like these. Rather they give presidential awards to Genevieve. For what, I don't know

Hi jascon, remember me?
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Armaggedon: 1:01pm On May 08, 2015
Nowenuse:
Also, based on the 5 major human geographical divisions we have in Nigeria

The Core-northern part of Nigeria, the Middlebelt part, Eastern, Western & Niger deltan

Let's say Margaret Ekpo represents the Niger deltan region as an Ibibio
Ladi Kwali represents the Middlebelt region as a Gbagyi woman
& Funmilayo Kuti represents the Western (yoruba speaking region)

I'd like to hear from Igbos (easternerns) and the Hausa-fulanis (core-northernerns), who are the most influential Igbo & Hausa-fulani women that ever lived??
so u didnt even read what u posted.
Magareth ekpo is Igbo by birth.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 08, 2015
jascon1:

Hi jascon, remember me?
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by jascon1(m): 1:06pm On May 08, 2015
chukwubuzor123:
Hi jascon, remember me?
pls remind me. age is really telling on my memory.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by ianSweet(f): 1:19pm On May 08, 2015
Where are d mods? this post is very enlightening and deserves frontpage.

For me i am more inspired by Ladi Kwali. This shows that anyone can be extremely succesful purely based on your handwork.
I know Ladi probably when she was younger would never have believed that she would be able to make so much influence by just pot making.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Beync(f): 1:29pm On May 08, 2015
Talk about Dora Akuyili
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 08, 2015
jascon1:
pls remind me. age is really telling on my memory.
check your mentions, about someone replying atiku's twitter
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Lordave: 1:36pm On May 08, 2015
Nowenuse:

Don't talk like a stupid person. Ekpo always identified as Ibibio and not Igbo. During her period in the Eastern Parliament, she never represented igbo areas but rather Ibibio.
She identified as Ibibio

How does that negate the fact that she had Igbo blood?

Didn't she chose to settle in Aba with her husband?

Isn't her biography saying that she represented the Eastern Nigeria?

Why did you sound like a group of people were arguing about the ethnic group that owned her?

Why do you want to deny the Igbos what they had a hand in the making of it?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Lordave: 1:39pm On May 08, 2015
Twaci:
Not by beauty but brains cheesy. These women are remembered till date because they stood for their rights. Intelligence coupled with dillegence paves the way to a successful future. I want to be remembered like them, girls do you?
Are you saying that you, your beauty doesn't count also?
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by jascon1(m): 1:40pm On May 08, 2015
chukwubuzor123:
check your mentions, about someone replying atiku's twitter
hahaha yeah!!! i got that. wow we keep crossing paths. am simply going to follow you just in case you start trekking to Otueke. nice one. hows ya weekends bro? i wish i could hang out with you n catch some bottles
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Twaci(f): 1:42pm On May 08, 2015
Lordave:
Are you saying that you, your beauty doesn't count also?
Exactly. How's ur afternoon?

3 Likes

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Lordave: 1:52pm On May 08, 2015
Twaci:
Exactly. How's ur afternoon?
So good you asked when I'm about having my lunch.

Believe me you'll be remembered for your beauty and intelligence.

You're already making waves on Nairaland

2 Likes

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Twaci(f): 2:03pm On May 08, 2015
Lordave:
So good you asked when I'm about having my lunch.

Believe me you'll be remembered for your beauty and intelligence.

You're already making waves on Nairaland
And u didn't invite me angry

cheesy thanks for your nice words though. Its very much appreciated smiley.

2 Likes

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by wonlasewonimi: 2:07pm On May 08, 2015
Tonto Dike should be somewhere up there as well.

1 Like

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by holluwai(m): 2:10pm On May 08, 2015
Please wake up, it's morning already Infact 2:13pm

SeverusSnape:
4.[size=14pt]PATIENCE JONATHAN[/size]

5. NGOZI OKONJO IWEALA

6. [size=14pt]ASA[/size]
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Obiorah9177(m): 2:10pm On May 08, 2015
olaxco2f:

Dora instead
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 08, 2015
The person that should actually be No 1 on the list is glaringly missing - MY MOTHER!

1 Like

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by kay29000(m): 2:11pm On May 08, 2015
Hmm! I am in my 30s, and the only person I know on that list is Funmilayo Ransome Kuti. I guess the others weren't so influential. Anyway,if you have problem lasting long in bed, hit me up on BBM- 7C22F6EC.

2 Likes

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 08, 2015
SeverusSnape:
4.[size=14pt]PATIENCE JONATHAN[/size]

5. NGOZI OKONJO IWEALA

6. [size=14pt]ASA[/size]

Omo ale jati jati
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 08, 2015
wonlasewonimi:

You succeed.bro l am laughing sheepishly
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by alphaconde(m): 2:14pm On May 08, 2015
Since u didn't state it as positive or negative infuence then Patience Jonathan tops the list for me
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by MSItachi: 2:15pm On May 08, 2015
for my mind i knew KUTI must be among

1 Like

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Israel5(m): 2:17pm On May 08, 2015
I wil neva forget Dora, Ngozi and Onyeka. Srry dey ar al igbos.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 08, 2015
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 08, 2015
Twaci:
Not by beauty but brains cheesy. These women are remembered till date because they stood for their rights. Intelligence coupled with dillegence paves the way to a successful future. I want to be remembered like them, girls do you?

You don't sound dumb. You sound like you've got some leader material in you.

You have laykorn's vote! smiley

3 Likes

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Israel5(m): 2:19pm On May 08, 2015
wonlasewonimi:
u ar suffering 4rm pokototomiasis_a relocatn of d brain 2 d testes.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Twaci(f): 2:23pm On May 08, 2015
laykorn:

You don't sound dumb. You sound like you've got some leader material in you.

You have laykorn's vote! smiley
Thank dear smiley
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by eaglechild: 2:23pm On May 08, 2015
Are the Ransome Kutis really Nigerians?
They are actually Creole that resettled in Lagos colony.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by STEVENcrack(m): 2:24pm On May 08, 2015
Nowenuse:
Also, based on the 5 major human geographical divisions we have in Nigeria

The Core-northern part of Nigeria, the Middlebelt part, Eastern, Western & Niger deltan

Let's say Margaret Ekpo represents the Niger deltan region as an Ibibio
Ladi Kwali represents the Middlebelt region as a Gbagyi woman
& Funmilayo Kuti represents the Western (yoruba speaking region)

I'd like to hear from Igbos (easternerns) and the Hausa-fulanis (core-northernerns), who are the most influential Igbo & Hausa-fulani women that ever lived??

Pls google the first female pilot..

And do u know PROF DORA NKEM AKUNYILI
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by PHfinest(m): 2:25pm On May 08, 2015
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Polls: Presidency Backing Atiku — Wike / Nigerians React To Amaechi's Christmas Outfit (Photo) / Alex Badeh's Assassination: Airforce Releases Statement On Death Of Ex Chief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.