Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) (78301 Views)

Night Scene Of Bodija And Samonda, Ibadan: Beautiful Pictures. / 10 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SW In Pictures / 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by Bollinger(m): 3:12am On May 09, 2015
Klinee:
My friend shut-up Onitsha and Aba is advanced more than enugu and Owerri it just that they are more clean than them.

"more clean than them"

"Nuff said
Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by slimfit1(m): 4:24am On May 09, 2015
coolzeal:
Enugu state alone have about 6 tertiary institutions and last time I checked; Igbo states actually have the highest cut off mark in all level of education in Nigeria. I don't see us lacking in education.

There is difference between educated and certificate brove. Not everybody you see your church is a Christian.
Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by oneeast: 4:56am On May 09, 2015
Onitsha is ahead of Enugu and Owerre in every sense of development as a city while Awka is an emerging Dubai in Nigeria with the kind of flyovers you can only see in Dubai and New York.

For you to say that about Onitsha means you haven't been there at least in the last 3yrs. I consider enugu and Owerre as old and stunted towns with no economy nor big infrastructures like 10 lanes super highways like we have in Onitsha.

Onitsha is the only SE city that attracts the highest number of visitors to the region. And also represent to SE what Lagos and PH is to SW and SS respectively.

rafindo:
if we are true to our self.Enugu and owerri are only city status that qualifies as a mega city.aba can be considered to be to be a micro city.if proper city planning was done and with ambitious building and effective mass transit should have been the largest city in eastern Nigeria. Onitsha lacks what can attract visitors.if pursue with vigorous planning and ambitious leader should be the mega city of the east.but mediocrity has placed it as an urban center city.the rest are towns .awka,nnewi,orlu,okigwe,nnsukka,umuahia,afikpo and abakaliki are all glorified town.if any of these are city then I am lost.

3 Likes

Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by oneeast: 5:01am On May 09, 2015
Presently, Onitsha is very clean with water-tight security, friendly environment and peaceful society with 5 star facilities and malls. The network of roads are in a very good condition.

Klinee:
My friend shut-up Onitsha and Aba is advanced more than enugu and Owerri it just that they are more clean than them.

1 Like

Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by coolzeal(m): 6:42am On May 09, 2015
slimfit1:

There is difference between educated and certificate brove. Not everybody you see your church is a Christian.
We go to school to acquire knowledge but really it's for the paper. I still don't get your point.

1 Like

Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by Nobody: 7:04am On May 09, 2015
coolzeal:
We go to school to acquire knowledge but really it's for the paper. I still don't get your point.

Lmao. cheesy cheesy
Still trying to get his point too.If as an igbo gurl, I school in one if the prestigious university in the west, awarded a certificate, does that make me an illiterate with certificate cheesy cheesy.

I have always warned that parents should endeavour to put meat, at all at all, fish inside their pikin food. cheesy.
Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by Nobody: 7:14am On May 09, 2015
In as much as some folks thinks this topic is divisive, I disagree.
It makes eastern government accountable and up on their feet.
I envy Enugu state because it's peaceful, and I task Obiano to make anambra state as peaceful as Enugu state.
Abia state for example needs THE TRINITY to be able to fall in line with other igbo states. It's in fact the worst state in Nigeria.It's so bad that I feel sorry for my fellow Abian igbo folks. We must continue to task the government of Ebonyi state and Abia to deliver us from the shackles of inefficiency, Lack of vision and terrible under-uunder-under-uunder-under under development. The lowest of its kind! I never see bu n'ma fu noro.

1 Like

Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by hakinze00(m): 9:24am On May 09, 2015
hahaha surely it is an igbo person that compiled this list,y V.I Or V.G.C no dy here,or some places in ibadan...mtcheww
Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by Klinee: 9:37am On May 09, 2015
rafindo:
if we are true to our self.Enugu and owerri are only city status that qualifies as a mega city.aba can be considered to be to be a micro city.if proper city planning was done and with ambitious building and effective mass transit should have been the largest city in eastern Nigeria. Onitsha lacks what can attract visitors.if pursue with vigorous planning and ambitious leader should be the mega city of the east.but mediocrity has placed it as an urban center city.the rest are towns .awka,nnewi,orlu,okigwe,nnsukka,umuahia,afikpo and abakaliki are all glorified town.if any of these are city then I am lost.
You be complete fool! Are you blind? Calling onitsha or Aba micro city shows that you are a blind man or u have not be there before. VILLAGE MAN!

3 Likes

Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by talk2cj08(m): 9:37am On May 09, 2015
mentorandfriend:
Owerri has it. Owerri is the cleanest, with high density of civil servants and educated folks. You just have to love Owerri.
You forgot to mention YHOo BOys. World bank u knw wat am talking about grin

1 Like

Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by Klinee: 9:44am On May 09, 2015
rafindo:
You be complete fool! Are you blind? Calling onitsha or Aba micro city shows that you are a blind man or u have not be there before. Even awka,nnewi and abakiliki to him is still a town. VILLAGE MAN! You need to move round 1st before displaying your ignorancy.

1 Like

Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by somegirl1: 2:47pm On May 09, 2015
hakinze00:
hahaha surely it is an igbo person that compiled this list,y V.I Or V.G.C no dy here,or some places in ibadan...mtcheww

everything ok?
Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by Ucheosefoh(m): 3:23pm On May 09, 2015
hakinze00:
What is it talking about
Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by rafindo(m): 4:36pm On May 09, 2015
oneeast:
Onitsha is ahead of Enugu and Owerre in every sense of development as a city while Awka is an emerging Dubai in Nigeria with the kind of flyovers you can only see in Dubai and New York.

For you to say that about Onitsha means you haven't been there at least in the last 3yrs. I consider enugu and Owerre as old and stunted towns with no economy nor big infrastructures like 10 lanes super highways like we have in Onitsha.

Onitsha is the only SE city that attracts the highest number of visitors to the region. And also represent to SE what Lagos and PH is to SW and SS respectively.
ur bigotry is very alarming .it shows how ur mindset have been wrapped since 80 BC.Dubai u are comparing with Onitsha .dubai has a standard airport,a well organized transport, stadium and iconic building. Enugu has more iconic building, stadium and airport which Onitsha does not.

Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by oneeast: 5:00pm On May 09, 2015
You are talking rubbish. You started the bigotry and silliness but i will be here to give it back to you with facts. Yes Awka is an emerging Dubai of Nigeria, do you have a problem with?

Onitsha has an economy thrice bigger than that of Enugu. Onitsha has thrice iconic buildings both residential/commercial more than enugu. Onitsha has two stadia and Anambra international Cargo/Passenger Airport is under construction that will serve the 3 major cities of the state.

The next thing you will say is that enugu has a mall, but I will remind you that Anambra has 3 malls under construction.

Onitsha mall will open in August/September followed by Awka in December and Nnewi follows accordingly. The fact is that we are building a whole state simultaneously without concentrating in one area like you guys, which by all estimations is not real development because its not spread. .

[quote author=rafindo post=33574321][/quote]
Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by rafindo(m): 5:16pm On May 09, 2015
oneeast:
You are talking rubbish. You start the bigotry and silliness but i will be here to give it back to you with facts. Onitsha has an economy thrice bigger than that of Enugu. Onitsha has thrice iconic buildings both residential/commercial more than enugu. Onitsha has two stadia and Anambra international Cargo/passenger airport is under construction off Onitsha.

The next thing you will say is that enugu has a mall, but I will remind you that Anambra has 3 under construction. Onitsha mall will open in August/September.

u are so stupid u don't know the difference BTW a city and a state in the Nigeria context. anambra having a mall doesn't make it a better destination. Enugu has more iconic structure than Onitsha.the new Secretariat, international conference center,an airport,a FIFA approved stadium and a sprawling mass transit. Onitsha does not have these amenities.
Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by oneeast: 5:21pm On May 09, 2015
Shut up you b.astard, you are talking nonsense and rubbish. Onitsha has more iconic structures thrice more than enugu. Onitsha has an economy thrice more than enugu. Onitsha has a 5 star hotel with a conference center(Raddison Blu). Anambra has the best mass transit system (transportation). Onitsha has 2 stadia. Onitsha has a Port facility, Onitsha has an industrial estates (jobs). Onitsha has 10 lanes super highways. Onitsha attracts more people to it thrice more than Enugu. Onitsha has more banks thrice than enugu. A lot of things makes a city. All these enugu has none of it. Stop hyping enugu because its just an empty town filled with poor people mostly under paid civil servants.

rafindo:
u are so stupid u don't know the difference BTW a city and a state in the Nigeria context. anambra having a mall doesn't make it a better destination. Enugu has more iconic structure than Onitsha.the new Secretariat, international conference center,an airport,a FIFA approved stadium and a sprawling mass transit. Onitsha does not have these amenities.
Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by Jman06(m): 6:32pm On May 09, 2015
Owerri is over hyped. Been there severally.
Nothing aesthetic about the city. Just 'oringo' joints everywhere.
Enugu is the most beautiful city in the SE
Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 10, 2015
oneeast:
Shut up you b.astard, you are talking nonsense and rubbish. Onitsha has more iconic structures thrice more than enugu. Onitsha has an economy thrice more than enugu. Onitsha has a 5 star hotel with a conference center(Raddison Blu). Anambra has the best mass transit system (transportation). Onitsha has 2 stadia. Onitsha has a Port facility, Onitsha has an industrial estates (jobs). Onitsha has 10 lanes super highways. Onitsha attracts more people to it thrice more than Enugu. Onitsha has more banks thrice than enugu. A lot of things makes a city. All these enugu has none of it. Stop hyping enugu because its just an empty town filled with poor people mostly under paid civil servants.

port dat has never worked b4..
Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by Abagworo(m): 1:11pm On May 11, 2015
1 Enugu

2 Owerri

3 Onitsha

4 Aba

5 Umuahia

6 Abakaliki

7 Awka

Those are the only 7 cities in the Southeast according to basic standard of livability and sustainability. Each has its unique advantage if various parameters are employed. Nnewi, Orlu, Obosi, Abiriba etc are not cities but just urbanised or populous villages inhabited 80% by people from them respectively. Obosi is an exception as it is just a small part of Onitsha city but also a village.
Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by Klinee: 1:57pm On May 11, 2015
Abagworo:
1 Enugu

2 Owerri

3 Onitsha

4 Aba

5 Umuahia

6 Abakaliki

7 Awka

Those are the only 7 cities in the Southeast according to basic standard of livability and sustainability. Each has its unique advantage if various parameters are employed. Nnewi, Orlu, Obosi, Abiriba etc are not cities but just urbanised or populous villages inhabited 80% by people from them respectively. Obosi is an exception as it is just a small part of Onitsha city but also a village.
i didnt agree with u Nnewi is full standard city.

1 Like

Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by Schematics: 2:32pm On May 11, 2015
Here are the SE cities according to basic affordability, livability and sustainability, :

Enugu

Onitsha

Aba

Awka

Owerre

Umuahia

Abakaliki

Orlu is just a town as Ekwulobia and Okigwe. Nnewi can pass for a state capital because it has an economy twice the size of Owerre.

Abagworo:
1 Enugu

2 Owerri

3 Onitsha

4 Aba

5 Umuahia

6 Abakaliki

7 Awka

1 Like

Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by oneeast: 2:55pm On May 11, 2015
It has been completed and it is being concessioned to a foreign facilities management companies.

lyg19:
port dat has never worked b4..
Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 11, 2015
oneeast:
It has been completed and it is being concessioned to a foreign facilities management companies.

for d past 3 years?...
Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by Abagworo(m): 5:04pm On May 11, 2015
Klinee:
i didnt agree with u Nnewi is full standard city.

Maybe to you. A place where almost all houses are owned by people from same place and inhabited mostly by people of same place cannot be a city but a populated village or semi-urban. Orlu, Oguta, Nkwerre, Ekwulobia, Akokwa, Nnobi, Awkaetiti, Abiriba and Nnewi fall into that category. Nnewi is a bigger semi urban but not a city.
Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by Abagworo(m): 5:10pm On May 11, 2015
Schematics:
Here are the SE cities according to basic affordability, livability and sustainability, :

Enugu

Onitsha

Aba

Awka

Owerre

Umuahia

Abakaliki

Orlu is just a town as Ekwulobia and Okigwe. Nnewi can pass for a state capital because it has an economy twice the size of Owerre.

If not that Awka was made a State capital it should have been in same grade as Nnewi, Nsukka and Orlu. Aba is down on the list because of bad leadership. If the next government invests in roads, Aba will climb to 3rd after Enugu and Owerri displacing Onitsha. Owerri should have been 1st if not for Ohakims wasted 4 years which Chime used well thereby putting Enugu 4 years ahead of Owerri. If the next Enugu governor slacks a bit, I see Owerri emerging tops by 2019.
Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by oneeast: 5:11pm On May 11, 2015
Shut up if you don't have anything to say. Nnewi has an economy twice bigger than Owerre and it is not a city in your on view? Nnewi hosts a lot of Imolites and other SE people who are into auto business. Nnewi has industries that hosts even Yorubas that are working in the place and it is not a city in your view because an Hausaman does not own a house there. Ekwulobia, Orlu and Okigwe are in the same class. Ezi!

[s]
Abagworo:

Maybe to you. A place where almost all houses are owned by people from same place and inhabited mostly by people of same place cannot be a city but a populated village or semi-urban. Orlu, Oguta, Nkwerre, Ekwulobia, Akokwa, Nnobi, Awkaetiti, Abiriba and Nnewi fall into that category. Nnewi is a bigger semi urban but not a city.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by oneeast: 5:14pm On May 11, 2015
Stop deceiving yourself. Yes, Awka is the fastest developing city East of the Niger with Dubai like flyovers springing..never seen elsewhere in Naija except maybe Uyo. Owerre of over 30yrs is not livable because of the menace of prostitution in the town coupled with insecurity, abandoned or non existent infrastructures it has seen in the last 4yrs. Owerre is in the class of Nnewi because they are the only two cities I can compare when it comes the size of the economy and population.

Nnewi is more economically viable and creates industrial jobs for graduates than Owerre. Nnewi has an economy twice the size of Owerre, tell me why Nnewi cannot pass for a state capital elsewhere?

Abagworo:

If not that Awka was made a State capital it should have been in same grade as Nnewi, Nsukka and Orlu. Aba is down on the list because of bad leadership. If the next government invests in roads, Aba will climb to 3rd after Enugu and Owerri displacing Onitsha. Owerri should have been 1st if not for Ohakims wasted 4 years which Chime used well thereby putting Enugu 4 years ahead of Owerri. If the next Enugu governor slacks a bit, I see Owerri emerging tops by 2019.

1 Like

Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by Abagworo(m): 5:20pm On May 11, 2015
oneeast:
Shut up if you don't have anything to say. Nnewi has an economy twice bigger than Owerre and it is not a city in your on view? Nnewi hosts a lot of Imolites and other SE people we are into auto business. Nnewi has industries that hosts even Yorubas that are working in the place and it is not a city in your view because an Hausaman does not own a house there. Ezi!

[s][/s]

Well compare with other places mentioned and understand the difference. Bonny is the chairman of Nigerian oil industry but cannot be called a city either.
Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by oneeast: 5:22pm On May 11, 2015
What is a city in your own definition is what I cannot make out in your previous statement. Yes, any place that is self-sustaining can be described as a city. YES, If Nnewi and Bonny can run and sustain itself without external help then it can be called a city. because it can easily provide any amount of infrastructure it so desires with its own output! Get it!

Abagworo:

Well compare with other places mentioned and understand the difference. Bonny is the chairman of Nigerian oil industry but cannot be called a city either.
Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by Abagworo(m): 6:05pm On May 11, 2015
oneeast:
What is a city in your own definition is what I cannot make out in your previous statement. Yes, any place that is self-sustaining can be described as a city. YES, If Nnewi and Bonny can run and sustain itself without external help then it can be called a city. because it can easily provide any amount of infrastructure it so desires with its own output! Get it!

Since Nigeria has not mapped out the exact definition of a city I will allow you make your own choice while I make mine. However when I visit my friends in Nnewi I feel like someone in another populated village. I feel same everywhere else but Owerri, Onitsha, Aba, Umuahia, Enugu, Awka and Abakaliki.
Re: 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) by oneeast: 6:20pm On May 11, 2015
That is your business to feel as you wish but some of us have a feeling of being in the city while at Nnewi..and you do not travel around more than some of us. It is your choice how you feel. The same Nnewi is fast expanding in economic opportunities by the ongoing construction of mall and entertainment/amusement centers.

Abagworo:

Since Nigeria has not mapped out the exact definition of a city I will allow you make your own choice while I make mine. However when I visit my friends in Nnewi I feel like someone in another populated village. I feel same everywhere else but Owerri, Onitsha, Aba, Umuahia, Enugu, Awka and Abakaliki.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada / Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.