Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

My Husband Secretly Smokes.... - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Secretly Smokes.... (3981 Views)

My Husband joystick Is Too Small To Satisfy Me / I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? / My Husband Maltreats And Subjects Me To Vaginal Test: Wife Tells Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Secretly Smokes.... by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 08, 2015
he has to keep some secrets from u to make himself happy ? what kinda man did u marry ? what else is he hiding from u ? getting him to quit will be very hard, he has to want to do it on his own. right now he's not even ready to admit he has a problem . if u hv kids or will hv , u don't want dem to be affected by second-hand smoke . if he doesn't care abt his own health , for the sake of ur kids , he shud work towards quitting
Re: My Husband Secretly Smokes.... by ireneidiva(f): 5:07pm On May 08, 2015
Your husband or your son?
Re: My Husband Secretly Smokes.... by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 08, 2015
Young03:
Bros i de tels u, my guyz de smoke 2 jumbo size, me no de smoke cus i hate d smoke bt i always apply it in indomie,custard and jellof rice.
Bro, the one i apply in food pass 3 jumbo size
Baba na lie.
Re: My Husband Secretly Smokes.... by obiak4(m): 8:02pm On May 08, 2015
firstEVA:
Enjoy the smell and stop complaining. lipsrsealed

If not for the health hazard, I would have encouraged guys to smoke lipsrsealed
may eledumare bless you sis a friend with weed is a friend indeed am a nonsmoker though
if it is weed op be grateful but cigarette please pled with him to stop because nicotine kills slow and steady but weed those not #fact
my advice to you is for you to ask him and also encourag him to quit
if you have a child for him ask if he would approved if you child smoke at home any reasonable man would stop or would try
Re: My Husband Secretly Smokes.... by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 08, 2015
The next time you are sure he is doing his thing in the yard, wait for him inside. When he enters inside, great him for 2seconds only with your eyes then tell him in your most sure, convincing, calm manner that you know that he smokes but you are not mad at him only that keeping secrets will make you more unhappy and consequently make him more unhappy, then walk away without angst before he start to lie or defend himself again. Dont bring up the issue until a considerable while except he does. Thence continually, repeatedly encourage him with words, materials that can help him quit. Tell him these words; that anytime he sees a cigarete, he can only keep making a decision not to go for it until it becomes part of him but if he wait for a perfect day to quite, such day will never come.
Re: My Husband Secretly Smokes.... by sisisioge: 7:08am On May 09, 2015
The first issue here is that he hides a bad habit that isn't going away soon from you. At the next meal time, serve the meal with two packs of the sticks. One for you, one for him. With a straight face tell him no need to travel all the way to the back yard for it as you have also taken up his habit...you love him that much. Trust me. you guys will take about it. For good effect, light up one to get the smell in the house before he comes back grin

I don't know why people keep forgetting to put all their cards on the table. The other party either take it or leave it.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Secretly Smokes.... by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 19, 2016
firstEVA:
Enjoy the smell and stop complaining. lipsrsealed

If not for the health hazard, I would have encouraged guys to smoke lipsrsealed

cheesy
I loooove looove the smell of tobacco...esp inside a car with the air conditioning on
...however kissing is not too pretty with a smoker who does not make an extra effort with his oral and general body hygiene
....then OF COURSE IT KILLS...so I would not be with a smoker ( danger to us both, esp the passive smoke thing)...and would kill my male relatives if they smoked

But the smell of tobacco really is heady, dark and sexy to me...as a forbidden pleasure kind of thing lipsrsealed
Re: My Husband Secretly Smokes.... by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 19, 2016
sisisioge:
The first issue here is that he hides a bad habit that isn't going away soon from you. At the next meal time, serve the meal with two packs of the sticks. One for you, one for him. With a straight face tell him no need to travel all the way to the back yard for it as you have also taken up his habit...you love him that much. Trust me. you guys will take about it. For good effect, light up one to get the smell in the house before he comes back grin

I don't know why people keep forgetting to put all their cards on the table. The other party either take it or leave it.

This cracked me up!!!
cheesy
Re: My Husband Secretly Smokes.... by Jahblessme: 1:23pm On May 19, 2016
Smoking whether weed or cigarette can become an addiction and should be treated as such.
No amount of crying ,nagging ,vexing can stop an addict until they make a conscious decision to quit.
The problem with cigarette is they are addicted to the nicotine in it cos of the feeling it gives,and quitting it will cause some discomfort that is why they keep going back to the habit.

There's nothing you can really do except advice and lay some ground rules especially about smoking near the house or in the house.Let him carry it far away from you cos it is affecting you physically and emotionally and the smell can stick to your home eg clothes,settee etc. You can have a discussion about it and then find out his attitude towards quitting.If he wants to give it up ,there are tons of information and encouragement plans on the internet,plus nicotine gum,nicotine patches,electronic cigarettes, there's even behavioral modification advice available.The need to stop must come from him otherwise you are going to end up with high bp.

Stop asking did you smoke or are you smoking .Come out plain and say i know you have been smoking,now here are the ground rules i'd like to suggest if we are to co exist happily.Don't forget that second hand smoke can give you cancer..Kids too so he really has to take the smoking far from home or quit.In some places,it's illegal to smoke in a car that has kids in it.

It's a tough one and i wish you luck!
Re: My Husband Secretly Smokes.... by aforti(m): 2:37pm On May 19, 2016
Op, the question is what borders you most. Is it the smoking habit or the fact that he is denying it. I ask this bcoz denying means he is not ready to stop which is and will be a big problem for both of you. You should understand that his perception about smoking and yours are diff. You really have to be diplomatic with your approach to this, if you confront him in a way that he feels judged and condemned he won't stop. But if you sit him down and tell him baby I know you smoke and I understand why you are hiding it from me, I know you are afraid of my reaction, but I love you so much and I care about your health. Atleast you are nor putting this on my face I respect that, but we have to work in you stopping I am your wife I am your helper, meaning I have to help you overcome certain weakness, I feel hurt that you smoke bcoz I sincerely don't like smokers . But we are here already, if you truly love me please consider doing something about it so I can have peace of mind and love you more. I will be here to help you through it all. Please don't go and do investigation things you are not a detective you are his wife his helper. If you take it as if you want to correct a child you will push him away. He will feel disrespected and won't even consider changing again. Good luck and may God bless as keep your marriage strong

1 Like

Re: My Husband Secretly Smokes.... by janvier27(m): 4:27pm On May 19, 2016
Since when did smoking cigarette become such a serious crime that a grown man will go out of his way to hide it from his wife. What then will he not hide. Madam, relax about the whole issue so that he too will feel relaxed and not secretive. Let him know- without been confrontational -that you know about it, and would advise him to quit for health reasons and possibly seek professional help if it has become habitual. Also let him know you detest the smell, and it makes you to be less responsive to him.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Secretly Smokes.... by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 19, 2016
Young03:

Mayb he had stopped before Bt am telling u sister ,its hard to stop smoking cus my own bros ran mad because he smokes weed,he was asked to stop which he did for some months Bt today he had started smoking again
when I asked him y, he said its hard to quit
atyms he feels lik takin a wrap

all u will do is to pray for him

Not sure your bro is on weed, weed is not addictive in nature, must be something else more than weed. I smoke weed almost everyday and I still function. You need to catch him in the act to ascertain your fears.
Re: My Husband Secretly Smokes.... by baby124: 12:43am On May 20, 2016
How do you get married to someone and not know that he smokes? How odd. I know you can't know all but there is no way you will not know your man smokes. Was this a quick marriage or arranged marriage. Lol, so strange. I fear for the things you are yet to find out.

As an advice, just tell him you know he smokes and will appreciate if he makes the effort to stop. I am also quite surprised he would lie about something as trivial as casual smoking. He is a casual smoker of course and probably a social one too. But not a chain smoker.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hilarious Chat Between Father And Son(photos) / Can U Marry A Lady Dat Isnt Ready To Drop Her Surname / Can We Please Help Our Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.