Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? (58727 Views)

Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? / Cheating Zimbabwean Woman Exposed By Condom & After Sex Smell / I Just Saw My Uncle's Wife In A Guest House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? by forlahkhe: 9:57am On Sep 26, 2016
Anytime i have disagreement with my husband, he would always tell me that "I WL GO OUTSIDE, PLENTY BABES DEY OUTSIDE DAT NEED MEN AND I WONT EVEN SPEND MUCH B4 THEY OPEN THEIR LEGS". I always feel hurt by this statement because I believe that we should BOTH be committed to make our home work. If i wont go out there to look for men why should he?

My marriage is just 2yyears but i have never enjoyed 1month happiness. My hubby would prefer to stay late @work because he doesn't want our baby to disturb him with cry cry. I'm a sit @home mum, I resigned my marketing job because I want to have time for my baby but now my husband would not give me money anytime we have misunderstanding, not even for my baby too.

I have called his parents' attention to this but his people call me "ABOKOKU". That because he is married to me doesnt mean he should not enjoy himself, afterall, there are times someone is tired of eating rice and you would want to taste beans and other varieties. His father (57yrs) still has concubines which his mum can't do anything about. But the truth is that this thing is wearing me out emotionally.

I AM MARRIED BT LONELY

55 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? by Essence6055: 10:00am On Sep 26, 2016
You knew about his family background and still married him and you expected everything to be dandy and happy... You need a marriage counselor to talk to you and your husband...

291 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? by donfemo(m): 10:05am On Sep 26, 2016
Truth is you knew him before marriage, you saw this signs but hoped he will change. All you can do now is pray. God answers prayers.

105 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? by MoreData: 10:06am On Sep 26, 2016
hmmn..and he does'nt use it on you

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? by Ginaz(f): 10:08am On Sep 26, 2016
The first poster above me, chaiii, may God bless your beans this morning for your comment. She must have seen a hint or two about the man's waywardness but chooses to overlook it.

Sister doh, we don't have anything again to tell you. What God has put together let no man asunder. grin

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? by gradekoko: 10:12am On Sep 26, 2016
Wow! Sad to hear what you're passing through but you need to act differently.
1) Get out of self-pity and depression quickly.
2) Dont act so dependent on him anymore and start looking for a job.
3) Stop reporting him to his family as it hasnt yielded fruit. Confide in your own family instead.
4) Look for someone else he respects/ looks up to and talk to them about it.
5) Try not to pick a fight with him, watch out for any day you see he is in a good mood and discuss your condom discovery with him.
I wish you the best.

186 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? by forlahkhe: 10:12am On Sep 26, 2016
.........bt some children may nt turn out as their parents especially when they are more educated. If we keep judging people based on there background then we are not giving rooms for change(that was my thought back then though)

Are we now saying dt we are not responsible for our actions? We can always blame it on our upbringing and d society??

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 26, 2016
Divorce him straight! angry....you're not benefiting anything from him, even your child is not benefiting anything from his/her father, what's the point of staying together then? The mistake you made was to marry him in the first place, next time get to know who you are marrying and the family's background before marrying. Now it's time to correct that mistake with a divorce smiley wink kiss

My sister, go look for a good job to support yourself and your baby. Stay blessed smiley

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 26, 2016
I see his kind of men everyday on this forum.

If it were me i would leave the idìot. Imagine telling you to your face that he will 'get it' outside, after you sacrificed your job for the marriage. Mtchw.

Hope you have something to sustain you though..

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? by adorablepepple(f): 10:21am On Sep 26, 2016
With your two wide eyes you married him... Despite his father's philandering attitude abi... .well done.
You are the kind of woman that thinks she can change a man that's why your husband's family are calling you Ruth abokoku.
Normally we would say communication is the key but in this case it's not. He is not going to stop now or tomorrow .
My advice.....
Stop telling his family..... Most of them are happy because of the difficulty you are facing.
Buy a pack of confirm condom for him and put some in his pocket, car, office files, shoes, socks etc don't bother telling him anything, wait for his reaction.
Meanwhile start looking for another job and keep caring and loving your child.
Don't challenge him o.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? by Creamish(f): 10:28am On Sep 26, 2016
gradekoko:
Wow! Sad to hear what you're passing through but you need to act differently.
1) Get out of self-pity and depression quickly.
2) Dont act so dependent on him anymore and start looking for a job.
3) Stop reporting him to his family as it hasnt yielded fruit. Confide in your own family instead.
4) Look for someone else he respects/ looks up to and talk to them about it.
5) Try not to pick a fight with him, watch out for any day you see he is in a good mood and discuss your condom discovery with him.
I wish you the best.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 26, 2016
Men marry women hoping they don't change_ but they do.
Women marry men hoping they'll change_ but they don't.

Aunty, you saw the signs.
I can tolerate rubbish o, but open any useless mouth and tell me to my face you'll go outside...what effrontery?
You let him achieve his aim (i.e) kill your self esteem and make you depressed.
*Make yourself happy... dress well, go job hunting... make friends (responsible, motivated friends).
*Talk to your family, family is everything. They'll never leave you 'lonely'.
*Talk to him, like a civil human being.
*Protect yourself...since he inserts in random pussies.
*Worse case scenario, separate temporarily with him if he doesn't change. Find your feet and move on_ some men are just sperm donors, they know nothing about commitment.

119 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? by adviseseeker: 11:13am On Sep 26, 2016
Jobia:
I see his kind of men everyday on this forum.

If it were me i would leave the idìot. Imagine telling you to your face that he will 'get it' outside, after you sacrificed your job for the marriage. Mtchw.

Hope you have something to sustain you though..
So it is an idiot who will tell his wife he will go outside? I have told my wife the same thing at least 3 times and I meant it.

Women need to get serious. The OP's case is totally different from mine because to be honest, he is with an idiot. Only an idiot will not want to see his own child. It is madness actually. But in a case whereby your wife thinks she can deny you sex ( when you only ask 3 times per week) and expect you to get it whenever she wants and will go any mile to get it nko?

Sex is not the be it all of marriage, but it is very important too.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 26, 2016
adviseseeker:
So it is an idiot who will tell his wife he will go outside? I have told my wife the same thing at least 3 times and I meant it.

Women need to get serious. The OP's case is totally different from mine because to be honest, she is with an idiot. Only an idiot will not want to see his own child. It is madness actually. But in a case whereby your wife thinks she can deny you sex ( when you only ask 3 times per day ) and expect you to get it whenever she wants and will go any mile to get it nko?

Sex is not the be it all of marriage, but it is very important too.
Uncle, go and get it na. grin
3times per day? You guys don't have 'regular jobs' or what?
Your wife's attitude is bad though. I remember a thread where a woman complained of this issue, for the first time I saw practical advice from NLders. Some even suggested natural libido boosters.
I was amazed and impressed.

So, uncle adviceseekerr, go google remedies for ya wife.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? by adviseseeker: 11:22am On Sep 26, 2016
PaperLace:

Uncle, go and get it na. grin
3times per day? You guys don't have 'regular jobs' or what?
Your wife's attitude is bad though. I remember a thread where a woman complained of this issue, for the first time I saw practical advice from NLders. Some even suggested natural libido boosters.
I was amazed and impressed.

So, uncle adviceseekerr, go google remedies for ya wife.
Per week I meant to write. She doesn't have a job FOR NOW as we both agreed to that. I am my own boss and work from home 90% of the time.
Re: I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? by lecturerdabo(m): 11:47am On Sep 26, 2016
Op, I'm realy sorry for your predicament but that's not what you need! Like many ve pointed out, you saw the direction of the tide and decided to flow with it so, don't complain!!

I'm more amazed that a man runs from his own kid, really disapointed with that YOUR SPERM DONOR!!

For you, WILL YOU RATHER PREFER HE DO WITHOUT CONDOM? I think you still ve reason to thank God that he is using protection instead of bringing nyama-nyama home to you!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 26, 2016
Don't tell me you did not see all this sighs before you said 'I Do'. Were you desperate to get married And that family of your husby don't see anything bad in that shocked shocked shocked.

It's a sorry case oo.

Get a job, make money and don't depend on him. Maybe you depending on him is getting to him. Make decisions for yourself. Let him feel that this girl is getting stronger and that will reset his Brain back to normal undecided

9 Likes

Re: I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? by cococandy(f): 1:56pm On Sep 26, 2016
undecided
adorablepepple:
With your two wide eyes you married him... Despite his father's philandering attitude abi... .well done.
You are the kind of woman that thinks she can change a man that's why your husband's family are calling you Ruth abokoku.
Normally we would say communication is the key but in this case it's not. He is not going to stop now or tomorrow .
My advice.....
Stop telling his family..... Most of them are happy because of the difficulty you are facing.
Buy a pack of confirm condom for him and put some in his pocket, car, office files, shoes, socks etc don't bother telling him anything, wait for his reaction.
Meanwhile start looking for another job and keep caring and loving your child.
Don't challenge him o.

4 Likes

Re: I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? by cococandy(f): 2:06pm On Sep 26, 2016
For all those 'you saw the signs' chanters, so what? Is that a solution? Mtchew.

OP I wouldn't hesitate to leave an asshole like that. Nobody deserves to be treated that way. It's one to thing to forgive someone who cheated on you and is repentant but it's also another to knowingly,willfully put up with dehumanizing behavior like that for which the perpetrator is heartlessly uncaring about.

You're a person with feelings and your happiness/sanity matters. Look at his family. It will never get better. Improve yourself, get a job and kick his ass to the curb. All this might take a while but before then, protect yourself from him. He's a walking reservoir of STDs (never mind the condoms) and if you get anything from him, not only will he not care, he and his family can fabricate stories to make you like like the one who brought the infection home.

There's nothing for you in that marriage not even child care for your little baby. If you have to tie your baby on your back while braiding hair or learning some other kind of handcraft, anything is better than living there tolerating his wickedness and slowly being turned into a shadow of yourself.

If you die of emotional trauma (yes there's a thing like that) or HIV/AIDs, that your baby he doesn't care about now, he won't start caring about then.

Do what's best for you. Good luck

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 26, 2016
With the kind of emotional abuse prevalent in our society these days, I wonder why any right thinking woman will be 100% dependent on a man!

@ OP, he's only acting that way because you are not working . . . depending on solely on his income for you and your baby's upkeep. While it should never be a problem in an 'ideal' world, these days it's a HUGE problem. Nobody wants a free-loader . . FACT!!! Men these days are lazy and selfish and were barely raised to cater for themselves, much less a family. I blame our parents and the parents before them for that . . but that's a story for another day!

I think you let this man get away with too many things. You probably think because he works he deserves some special treatment. Well he doesn't! You guys are in this TOGETHER. He can't stay late because he doesn't want the baby to 'disturb' him, when it's his sperm that produced the baby.

PLEASE get some sort of income . . . . It will go a long way in giving you a voice that that home.

Pick yourself up and STOP playing the victim . . . By the time you leave the house every morning looking all corporate/sexy, he will never have the guts to threaten you with an affair, because he'll wonder just how many men are admiring you out there.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? by forlahkhe: 3:54pm On Sep 26, 2016
Thank u sooo much for d encouragement(big hug) and i doff ma hat for every1 dt gave me a listening ear on ds plantform; now i believe a problem shared is half solved. I av nt relent in my job search too, its just dt i now av to consider my baby first in anything i do. She closes sch by 1:30pm and i dont have any1 that wl help me pick her frm sch. No job wld make me close b4 1:30pm......Anyway, alatishe ni nmo atise ara e.

Ujoan:
With the kind of emotional abuse prevalent in our society these days, I wonder why any right thinking woman will be 100% dependent on a man!

@ OP, he's only acting that way because you are not working . . . depending on solely on his income for you and your baby's upkeep. While it should never be a problem in an 'ideal' world, these days it's a HUGE problem. Nobody wants a free-loader . . FACT!!! Men these days are lazy and selfish and were barely raised to cater for themselves, much less a family. I blame our parents and the parents before them for that . . but that's a story for another day!

I think you let this man get away with too many things. You probably think because he works he deserves some special treatment. Well he doesn't! You guys are in this TOGETHER. He can't stay late because he doesn't want the baby to 'disturb' him, when it's his sperm that produced the baby.

PLEASE get some sort of income . . . . It will go a long way in giving you a voice that that home.

Pick yourself up and STOP playing the victim . . . By the time you leave the house every morning looking all corporate/sexy, he will never have the guts to threaten you with an affair, because he'll wonder just how many men are admiring you out there.

11 Likes

Re: I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? by Richy4(m): 5:28pm On Sep 26, 2016
I just hope he will not infect u one day with STis

All the sign that he will cheat on u are there... eg his father got others, his parent saw nothing bad in it...

U being referred to as the first wife is simply loading....

When your child is of age, please look for a job.. because joblessness might make u become insecure and u start warning/ fighting unnecessary battle/ advances made by all the girls giving him green signal...

Some men were programmed to be polygamous...even if you show your best behaviour, it won't change a thing... sometimes, you might even find out that u are prettier than the other women disturbing your peace..

9 Likes

Re: I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? by inemani: 5:46pm On Sep 26, 2016
But why do some men get into a union when emotionally and physically they aren't responsible and matured? Haba! I feel for you dear Folake, will pray for you

13 Likes

Re: I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? by SlaughterGang: 6:22pm On Sep 26, 2016
RUBBISH, you should be overjoyed, your husband is practicing Safe sex.

6 Likes

Re: I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? by niggi4life(m): 6:22pm On Sep 26, 2016
Yes, Overlook it, The signs were surely there before you got married but you overlooked them, so overlook this one too

1 Like

Re: I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? by amuokuko: 6:23pm On Sep 26, 2016
Sister this will do magic for you but its not easy...

Develop an "I dont care attitude", be happy, avoid having issues with him believe me the devil in him would start judging him..

Lastly, go get a job and enroll ur kid in a creche...

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? by bokohaman: 6:23pm On Sep 26, 2016
Be thankful he uses a condom, at least u are safe from contracting Stds/HIV...u just have to be prayerful that ur husband should turn a new leaf. Men are promiscuous in nature and there's nothing u can do about it.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? by TIREDOFSEX(f): 6:24pm On Sep 26, 2016
wat kinda family do thy have sha lol....

But this ur story no complete, im pretty that u refused him that's why it leads to quarrel... So he gets angry and tells u thst shit.

1 Like

Re: I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? by ifenes(m): 6:24pm On Sep 26, 2016
donfemo:
Truth is you knew him before marriage, you saw this signs but hoped he will change. All you can do now is pray. God answers prayers.

Indeed god answers prayers grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? by bettercreature(m): 6:26pm On Sep 26, 2016
Put it inside plate cover it and serve him as dinner,allow him to open it then tell him that is what you found in his wallet grin grin grin grin grin
Slap him 3-4 times then kick him out of the house

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? by yeyeboi(m): 6:26pm On Sep 26, 2016
Go on ur kneels and pray there is nothing prayers cannot do.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria / Man Dumps His 4 Kids At Agege LGA With Note 'I Can't Feed Them Cos Of Hardship' / Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.