Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,225 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Atheism Does'nt Explain The Spiritual, Why? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Does'nt Explain The Spiritual, Why? (8417 Views)

Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism Does'nt Explain The Spiritual, Why? by malvisguy212: 9:33pm On May 09, 2015
McSterling:

What else would you say? There is actually nothing evil about the juju in your tale. But of course, you would resort to prevarications, prejudices, suppositions and assumptions about your juju. Many other juju believers would disagree with your suppositions. It is no surprise though, since juju is just a figment of your imagination. You can assume whatever suits your religion.
well, satan can never told you he is evil, an herbalist will say "his power is not evil" but most of this power will not come freely, it will cost you something soo dearly. But the different of this with a christian is "God gave us this power freely without conditions"

Matthew 10:8
Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse
those who have leprosy, drive out
demons. Freely you have received; freely give.

God who talk about punishing evil deed and a pagan deity who seem not to show too much emphasis on punishing evil. Among this two, who is Good and who is evil?
Re: Atheism Does'nt Explain The Spiritual, Why? by McSterling(m): 6:46am On May 10, 2015
malvisguy212:
well, satan can never told you he is evil, an herbalist will say "his power is not evil" but most of this power will not come freely, it will cost you something soo dearly. But the different of this with a christian is "God gave us this power freely without conditions"

Matthew 10:8
Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse
those who have leprosy, drive out
demons. Freely you have received; freely give.

God who talk about punishing evil deed and a pagan deity who seem not to show too much emphasis on punishing evil. Among this two, who is Good and who is evil?
Again, simplistic religious assumptions. Your god is arguably the greatest purveyor of evil. In the OT, he sanctioned the killings of children, women and the rape of girls. In the NT, he sentences people to infinite punishment for finite sins in a very short lifetime. Tell me, what could be more evil, more sadistic?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does'nt Explain The Spiritual, Why? by malvisguy212: 8:21am On May 10, 2015
McSterling:

Again, simplistic religious assumptions. Your god is arguably the greatest purveyor of evil. In the OT, he sanctioned the killings of children, women and the rape of girls. In the NT, he sentences people to infinite punishment for finite sins in a very short lifetime. Tell me, what could be more evil, more sadistic?
you should have ask, why did God sanctioned the killing? God sanctioned the killing because He is the supreme God, other gods cannot sanctioned me for worshipping the most high God,if they can let them do it. Ask your self WHICH KIND OF GOD WILL COMMAND WORSHIP TO BE GIVEN TO HIM ALONE? What about other god? If this god is the supreme god, he will have protect the killing of his people, abi? Why will he allow the YAWEH to destroyed his worshippers? I know you cannot answer this question, LET IT BE SEALED IN YOUR HEARTH.

However, in the old testament, the major religion is the worship of the moon gods, God warned the isrealite in deutoronumy jerimaiah and isaiah about this moon gods. This worshippers sacrifice there sons and daughter for there gods, is this not evil to you? Am not surprise, an atheists does not understand good and evil.
Re: Atheism Does'nt Explain The Spiritual, Why? by Nobody: 8:33am On May 10, 2015
johnydon22:
Thanks Op, I love your question.

First we all grew up in a very religiously saturated society ladened with blatant nonsensical superstitions, a sophisticated African society where the average African believes the potency of Voodoo and spirit shenanigans but none have ever asked "How does this work?"

I have been superstitious before i agree, but look around you.
If you watch the Guinness book of record you will see people swallowing swords, eating glass and breaking bricks with their fist.

Someone could call these magical but they are not. . What we call Magic or spiritual phenomenons are just events we cant explain or clever tricks hidden from us.

We live in a society where old women and little children are being lynched, discriminated against in the name of witches, ask people to substantiate this claim and you get cock and bull stories.

Growing up believing spirits and spiritual mumbo mumbo, i grew to understand most of these fears were just in my mind and nothing more.

Have you ever wondered how these things work?

We grew up hearing madness was as a result of madness spirit/demon, now we know its nonsense. we have seen many claims of spiritual happenings both in nairaland and in real life but none have ever been substantiated before.

I have talked about a situation i had an argument with friends on the potency of voodoo and prayers, we were in ezeagu in enugu state, my friend invited a voodoo man, i brought out a stone placed it on a small stool and told them to make it fall without touching it, both to the voodoo guy and prayer guy. the prayer guy said the bible said "don't test god" the voodoo guy did some nonsensical jagons and left saying he would be back, i got up and gently pushed the stone out of the stool turned to my friends and said "See? i just did what your voodoo and prayers cant"

The potency of these spiritual stuffs are all in the mind of the person who believes them. i still watch magic shows now but thats just what they are MAGIC (tricks).

Their is nothing to explain in the spiritual, if anybody claims extra-ordinary powers let that person demonstrate it before you to substantiate his/claims.
We grew up hearing masquerades are spirits of our ancestors, we later found out its just some dudes wearing masks.

Any phenomena you don't understand, thorough scrutinization and investigation can show many things and what it really is not just label them spiritual because you lack understanding of what it is.

As i am now I have never seen any substantiated spiritual claim, when i believed those crap all we use to hear were cock and bull hearsay stories.

Kasala don burst grin grin

There is really supernatural powers in this planet. Nature has given us a lot of materials to perform various things.
Re: Atheism Does'nt Explain The Spiritual, Why? by johnydon22(m): 9:01am On May 10, 2015
TheWholeTruth:

Kasala don burst grin grin

There is really supernatural powers in this planet. Nature has given us a lot of materials to perform various things.
what did u call it, nature... which means what we have is natural powers.e.g healing someone with herbs
Re: Atheism Does'nt Explain The Spiritual, Why? by Nobody: 9:09am On May 10, 2015
johnydon22:
what did u call it, nature... which means what we have is natural powers.e.g healing someone with herbs

Gbam, even those leaf inside the bush can be used to perform evil, combining one or two can cause havoc.
Re: Atheism Does'nt Explain The Spiritual, Why? by johnydon22(m): 9:10am On May 10, 2015
TheWholeTruth:

Gbam, even those leaf inside the bush can be used to perform evil, combining one or two can cause havoc.

And their is nothing spiritual about these stuffs...a mixture of chlorine and hydrogen can kill u

1 Like

Re: Atheism Does'nt Explain The Spiritual, Why? by Nobody: 9:13am On May 10, 2015
johnydon22:

And their is nothing spiritual about these stuffs...a mixture of chlorine and hydrogen can kill u

This guys that send down rain just to wick others ceremony, what will you call that?
Re: Atheism Does'nt Explain The Spiritual, Why? by johnydon22(m): 9:31am On May 10, 2015
TheWholeTruth:

This guys that send down rain just to wick others ceremony, what will you call that?
Have you ever wondered why they cant do it during the dry season?grin

because of the absence of rain clouds..

My dad once told me, their is a particular leaf when burnt induces rain when the smoke reaches the sky during the raining season

this is practically very plausible because when silver iodine (Agl) is administered into the cloud (commonly with the help of a plane) it induces rain from the cloud. so these are just clever ways to manipulate nature... People who don't grasp this will certainly call it magic or say it has something to do with spiritual mumbo jumbo.
Re: Atheism Does'nt Explain The Spiritual, Why? by Nobody: 10:12am On May 10, 2015
johnydon22:

My dad once told me, their is a particular leaf when burnt induces rain when the smoke reaches the sky during the raining season

this is practically very plausible because when silver iodine (Agl) is administered into the cloud (commonly with the help of a plane) it induces rain from the cloud. so these are just clever ways to manipulate nature... People who don't grasp this will certainly call it magic or say it has something to do with spiritual mumbo jumbo.

Chop knuckle.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Does'nt Explain The Spiritual, Why? by Sunnystooth(m): 10:39am On May 10, 2015
johnydon22:

Nice one Johnydon.
I admire your witty replies to most issues raised, both here and in other threads.
Keep it up!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does'nt Explain The Spiritual, Why? by Nobody: 10:50am On May 10, 2015
very revealing. Thanks guys
Re: Atheism Does'nt Explain The Spiritual, Why? by McSterling(m): 12:43pm On May 10, 2015
malvisguy212:
you should have ask, why did God sanctioned the killing? God sanctioned the killing because He is the supreme God, other gods cannot sanctioned me for worshipping the most high God,if they can let them do it. Ask your self WHICH KIND OF GOD WILL COMMAND WORSHIP TO BE GIVEN TO HIM ALONE? What about other god? If this god is the supreme god, he will have protect the killing of his people, abi? Why will he allow the YAWEH to destroyed his worshippers? I know you cannot answer this question, LET IT BE SEALED IN YOUR HEARTH.

However, in the old testament, the major religion is the worship of the moon gods, God warned the isrealite in deutoronumy jerimaiah and isaiah about this moon gods. This worshippers sacrifice there sons and daughter for there gods, is this not evil to you? Am not surprise, an atheists does not understand good and evil.
You need an education.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Does'nt Explain The Spiritual, Why? by malvisguy212: 12:53pm On May 10, 2015
McSterling:
You need an education.
you lack biblical knowledge.
Re: Atheism Does'nt Explain The Spiritual, Why? by McSterling(m): 1:30pm On May 10, 2015
malvisguy212:
OK.
Re: Atheism Does'nt Explain The Spiritual, Why? by Vick4rill(m): 6:38pm On May 10, 2015
johnydon22:
Thanks Op, I love your question.

First we all grew up in a very religiously saturated society ladened with blatant nonsensical superstitions, a sophisticated African society where the average African believes the potency of Voodoo and spirit shenanigans but none have ever asked "How does this work?"

I have been superstitious before i agree, but look around you.
If you watch the Guinness book of record you will see people swallowing swords, eating glass and breaking bricks with their fist.

Someone could call these magical but they are not. . What we call Magic or spiritual phenomenons are just events we cant explain or clever tricks hidden from us.

We live in a society where old women and little children are being lynched, discriminated against in the name of witches, ask people to substantiate this claim and you get cock and bull stories.

Growing up believing spirits and spiritual mumbo mumbo, i grew to understand most of these fears were just in my mind and nothing more.

Have you ever wondered how these things work?

We grew up hearing madness was as a result of madness spirit/demon, now we know its nonsense. we have seen many claims of spiritual happenings both in nairaland and in real life but none have ever been substantiated before.

I have talked about a situation i had an argument with friends on the potency of voodoo and prayers, we were in ezeagu in enugu state, my friend invited a voodoo man, i brought out a stone placed it on a small stool and told them to make it fall without touching it, both to the voodoo guy and prayer guy. the prayer guy said the bible said "don't test god" the voodoo guy did some nonsensical jagons and left saying he would be back, i got up and gently pushed the stone out of the stool turned to my friends and said "See? i just did what your voodoo and prayers cant"

The potency of these spiritual stuffs are all in the mind of the person who believes them. i still watch magic shows now but thats just what they are MAGIC (tricks).

Their is nothing to explain in the spiritual, if anybody claims extra-ordinary powers let that person demonstrate it before you to substantiate his/claims.
We grew up hearing masquerades are spirits of our ancestors, we later found out its just some dudes wearing masks.

Any phenomena you don't understand, thorough scrutinization and investigation can show many things and what it really is not just label them spiritual because you lack understanding of what it is.

As i am now I have never seen any substantiated spiritual claim, when i believed those crap all we use to hear were cock and bull hearsay stories.
bro all dis your stories still did not justify the facts thats spiritual power exist. How can you call a situation in which a magician changes a tin of milk to bread as a common trick? Or a stituation in which a woman confess using a charm to bewitch a man or even kill him? Some times l dont know why those who doesnt know always thinks that they know
Re: Atheism Does'nt Explain The Spiritual, Why? by Nobody: 7:09am On May 11, 2015
malvisguy212:

"Biblical knowledge" is not exactly education. It's hardly even knowledge.
Re: Atheism Does'nt Explain The Spiritual, Why? by malvisguy212: 8:58am On May 11, 2015
DProDG:

"Biblical knowledge" is not exactly education. It's hardly even knowledge.
you need to understand the bible and the context and be knowledgeable to understand the foreshadows event in the bible.the bible can never be read as a text book because the book of job may foreshadows what will happened in the book of john, how can you understand All this? For example isaiah chapter 46 verse 8 say God declared the end from the beginning, meaning God is telling us something in the creation story, how can you understand All this without the help of the holy spirit? Read this thread and see for your self. https://www.nairaland.com/1853536/end-days-end-harvest
Re: Atheism Does'nt Explain The Spiritual, Why? by johnydon22(m): 8:41pm On Jun 29, 2015
smiley
Re: Atheism Does'nt Explain The Spiritual, Why? by Sunnystooth(m): 11:26pm On Jun 29, 2015
johnydon22:
smiley
You dont just feel like responding to that guy that quoted you above, huh?
Re: Atheism Does'nt Explain The Spiritual, Why? by johnydon22(m): 11:33pm On Jun 29, 2015
Sunnystooth:

You dont just feel like responding to that guy that quoted you above, huh?

Not every mention deserves a reply, i believe the reply is already on one of the pages of this thread. . Can't just dabble into an argument on the potency of superstitious shenanigans

1 Like

Re: Atheism Does'nt Explain The Spiritual, Why? by ScienceWatch: 3:32pm On Jun 17, 2018
frank317:
Ibhave have always been hearing about spirituality and spiritual events, but have never ever seen one... I don't think they exist. Things we call spiritual are just things we can't explain.

For instance, as a kid, I used to sleep paralysis was a spiritual phenomena until I learnt that is has to do with anxiety and age.

I used to think dream was a spiritual thing until I found out the relationship ship between repressed memories , fear and trauma and our unconscious state.

I used to think someone getting heal from sickness was spiritual until I found out the role of positivity in boasting the immune system.

I used to think have dreadlocks was a spiritual thing until I learnt otherwise.

I used to think insanity was spiritual possession until psychology thought me otherwise.
Thanks for revealing so much of your ignorance here. Now I know why you have been indoctrinated by the Pseudo science of psychology and psychiatry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jesus Christ Is God / Are There Any Diff Btw Muslims (Alfa) And Herbalists! Well, Don't Think So / Pastor Chris speaks on the lies agaist him at 31st Night Service- a Testimony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.