Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. (70078 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt And What To Know / Night Scene Of Bodija And Samonda, Ibadan: Beautiful Pictures. / Images From Abuja - The Pride Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by Twistaray(m): 6:27pm On May 09, 2015
grin

I love ibadan

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by Twistaray(m): 6:29pm On May 09, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by upsyLi(m): 6:30pm On May 09, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Ooduavanguard and his fellows just got busted. These people are stealing Akwa Ibom pictures and posting them as pictures of Ibadan. Ooduavanguard just posted a picture of Goodluck Jonathan flyover in Itam, Uyo and labelled it Mokola flyover.

Shame on you lot.

Akinegba1
You just made a huge mistake!
That's mokola flyover not some Jonathan’s paper work.

1 Like

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by Twistaray(m): 6:32pm On May 09, 2015
grin cheesy

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by OoduaVanguard: 6:33pm On May 09, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^^
Whether or not you are defensive about it - reality simply does not care. When it bites - it bites hard.

What do US inner city ghettoes have to with this matter? undecided Focus on your problems and their solutions. If the Americans choose to ignore their social problems, does that make them go away? Can you see the connection between the current problems in places like Baltimore, Ferguson etc. and the refusal of Americans to confront the seeds of those problems when those seeds were sown long ago?

You remind me of Nigerians (far too many of them) who are fixated on image rather than problem solving. "Aesthetic packaging" will not solve Ibadan's problems. Targeted, focused action is what will do the job - not PR jobs executed in the form of glossy pictures - in print form or online.

If you have been hearing about the negative side of Ibadan for years and change has been marginal or non-existent, is it not time to ask some hard questions? undecided

Save your sermonette for Church service Tomorrow (Sunday), abeg. Me I'm here to celebrate the POSITIVES, yes, the aethetically beautiful side of Ibadan. You may live in a bubble where the ideal is all that matters to you, but Ibadan will never be an 'ideal city' coz none of such exists on earth -- Lagos isn't, New York isn't, London isn't, Tokyo isn't, Paris isn't, Toronto isn't, Berlin isn't, Milan isn't -- all these cities have their slums/ghettos/poverty e.t.c. We don't live in an ideal/perfect world.

Of course you can keep lamenting like Jeremiah, na your wahala be dat. cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by Twistaray(m): 6:35pm On May 09, 2015
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by Twistaray(m): 6:39pm On May 09, 2015
grin

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by MrNiceGuy5: 6:41pm On May 09, 2015
akinegba1:
Ibadan is a city to watch.

Lai Lai. This one na oshodi not ibadan oga ade

1 Like

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by haul: 6:41pm On May 09, 2015
sobastical:

That's true tho....just same as people using lekki, vgc and banana island to sum up that lagos is beautiful and neat... gotcha bro
the truth is,all nigeria cities are poor.still developing
Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by clemz88(m): 6:41pm On May 09, 2015
tonytony208:

I'm Getting lost I'm steupid OSU flàathead. I always play victim when I have nothing else to say .I'm an eediotoc and demonic set of human being.I will keep Cursing my flaàathead!I will be being stupid, I'm tired of this life n wanna hang my self
[email][quote author=tonytony208 post=33576327]
Pls don't hang ur self o
Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by VolvoS60(m): 6:42pm On May 09, 2015
anonimi:

How much of the food and other items produced by Nigerians in Nigeria and properly packaged are sold in those shops/ eateries to ensure there is EMPLOYMENT for our farmers, agribusiness investors and factory owners

Don't you agree with me that an INTELLIGENT person should be more concerned with these issues

That is instead of embarking on a useless my-region-better-pass-your-own based on the presence of South African businesses - a country that has NO regard for Nigerian lives going by their recent XENOPHOBIA attacks on foreigners! angry

^^^^
My old foe/friend grin anonimi. You remind me of Brazil/Real Betis' striker Denilson (now retired) - capable of pure magic some of the time but maddeningly, frustratingly inconsistent most of the time.

There isn't much to add to your points up there. Not much to add at all.

I hope your post triggers some much needed thought among us.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by SPLITS(f): 6:45pm On May 09, 2015
zimoni:
What an interesting thread.

The old Ibadan thread hit about 130pages in just four months, the thread would have been in hundreds of pages by now it the hackers had not shut down nairaland server.

The haters were silenced and always given the link whenever they ran their useless mouths.

Ibadan has it's ugly and very beautiful sides.

What a city to reside.

God Bless IB City.

God Bless Yorubaland.

God Bless Nigeria.

Proudly Yoruba Bam Bam.

grin grin

's willing we will be in ground to post Ibadan pics again, when the mods unban me. cool

1 Like

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by OoduaVanguard: 6:47pm On May 09, 2015
Random Beautiful Ibadan Residents catching fun

4 Likes

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by OoduaVanguard: 6:49pm On May 09, 2015
Random beautiful resident of Ibadan city.

2 Likes

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by Twistaray(m): 6:50pm On May 09, 2015
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by Ayus34(m): 6:52pm On May 09, 2015
madamoringo:

There are already lots of Ibos in the SW and in Ibadan. We need to send them back because we don't want ibo haters in our region and cities, abeg don't come and if you are already in Lagos or any other non-Ibo state, abeg go back to your father land. The SW has done a lot and too much for ibos but they are still criminals, kidnappers, drug pushers, long throated and ungrateful. We don't want more of your ilk, rather people from Akwa Ibom, Calabar, Edo, Rivers, Delta can come but not Ibos!
I understand you.....but please sheate you sword....let look for a common ground to unite.
In other word . ....i love every state in yoruba land be it ibadan or down kogi /kwara.
PROUDLY ODUA!

2 Likes

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by OoduaVanguard: 6:53pm On May 09, 2015
More random IB folks...

2 Likes

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by Twistaray(m): 6:54pm On May 09, 2015
cool cool

1 Like

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by Twistaray(m): 6:59pm On May 09, 2015
grin

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by OoduaVanguard: 6:59pm On May 09, 2015
9ice, SeanTizle and Saheed Balogun in IB

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 09, 2015
I see no brownish golden rusty roof which is trademark of Ibadan
Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by VolvoS60(m): 7:03pm On May 09, 2015
OoduaVanguard:

Save your sermonette for Church service Tomorrow (Sunday), abeg. Me I'm here to celebrate the POSITIVES, yes, the aethetically beautiful side of Ibadan. You may live in a bubble where the ideal is all that matters to you, but Ibadan will never be an 'ideal city' coz none of such exists on earth -- Lagos isn't, New York isn't, London isn't, Tokyo isn't, Paris isn't, Toronto isn't, Berlin isn't, Milan isn't -- all these cities have their slums/ghettos/poverty e.t.c. We don't live in an ideal/perfect world.

Of course you can keep lamenting like Jeremiah, na your wahala be dat. cheesy

^^^^
undecided

Now I have called you out on your BS, you accuse me of sermonizing.

The facts are there. Take them or leave them. I gave you facts on key Human Development Index stats in Ibadan - you may choose to ignore them but they will not go away.

I am definitely not living in a bubble and I do not expect perfection. I gave you stats in which nearly 100% of a sample of households in your beloved Ibadan depend on well water for basic needs - well water that is at high risk of contamination from septic tanks. Do you know the health costs (to these households and communities) of typhoid fever and other water borne diseases? Do you even have an idea? I challenge you to look for the results of published studies that are far more rigorous and comprehensive than mine - are the results similar or not?

I gave you stats on how nearly 100% of a sample of Ibadan households rely exclusively on pit latrines for their toilet needs. Those pit latrines were in very poor - I repeat - very poor shape, exposing users to deadly communicable diseases. Am i being idealistic for highlighting these truths? Or you are angry simply because these truths are inconvenient? undecided

You would rather highlight the presence of KFC and shoprite as indicators of development, undecided while the owners of these businesses repatriate their capital and profits at will. (By the way - let it be clear I bear no ill will towards these entrepreneurs.)

Focus on substance and not spin. Ibadan needs a lot of work. To deny this and focus on 'aesthetics' or 'celebrating the positives' undecided is to do her people a disservice.

3 Likes

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by bofoy(m): 7:03pm On May 09, 2015
Bofoy > i will not tolerate this nonsense that flyover is at uyo that is itam flyover . Some picture frm uyo . Shame
Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by Twistaray(m): 7:05pm On May 09, 2015
grin

Ok

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by bofoy(m): 7:08pm On May 09, 2015
All is see is nothing but old houses, old roads old structures in general . Peoples pix everywhere
Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by Twistaray(m): 7:18pm On May 09, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by OoduaVanguard: 7:22pm On May 09, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^^
undecided

Now I have called you out on your BS, you accuse me of sermonizing.

The facts are there. Take them or leave them. I gave you facts on key Human Development Index stats in Ibadan - you may choose to ignore them but they will not go away.

I am definitely not living in a bubble and I do not expect perfection. I gave you stats in which nearly 100% of a sample of households in your beloved Ibadan depend on well water for basic needs - well water that is at high risk of contamination from septic tanks. Do you know the health costs (to these households and communities) of typhoid fever and other water borne diseases? Do you even have an idea? I challenge you to look for the results of published studies that are far more rigorous and comprehensive than mine - are the results similar or not?

I gave you stats on how nearly 100% of a sample of Ibadan households rely exclusively on pit latrines for their toilet needs. Those pit latrines were in very poor - I repeat - very poor shape, exposing users to deadly communicable diseases. Am i being idealistic for highlighting these truths? Or you are simply angry because these truths are inconvenient? undecided

You would rather highlight the presence of KFC and shoprite as indicators of development, undecided while the owners of these businesses repatriate their capital and profits at will. (By the way - I bear no ill will toward these entrepreneurs - I am simply amused at our folly).

Focus on substance and not spin. Ibadan needs a lot of work. To deny this and focus on 'aesthetics' or 'celebrating the positives' undecided is to do her people a disservice.

I'm done exchanging words with you. Tomorrow is a few hours away, when you get to Church, preach it! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by Twistaray(m): 7:26pm On May 09, 2015
grin

Ok

1 Like

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by heyiamjosh(m): 7:27pm On May 09, 2015
ahaz:
photoshoped ibadan
baga!
Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by OoduaVanguard: 7:31pm On May 09, 2015
bofoy:
All is see is nothing but old houses, old roads old structures in general . Peoples pix everywhere

Haters gon' hate. Sha no allow your hatred make e kill you. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! / Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) / Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.