Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,365 members, 7,829,932 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 (96118 Views)

Photo: Mathematician Successfully Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 / Mathematician Successfully Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 / See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Nobody: 11:36am On May 10, 2015
The proof was almost correct until he cancelled out cancelled out (10-10)/(10-10) as "1". This cannot be so. 0/0 is NOT EQUAL to 1. So it cannot be cancelled out like that. (a-a)/(a-a) is always equal to zero! That's the point where he lost it. Other things are based on sound mathematics. But (10-10)/(10-10) is NEVER equal to ONE.
The rule is for any random numbers 'a' and 'b', (a-b)/(a-b) = 1 .... EXCEPT when a=b
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Nobody: 11:36am On May 10, 2015
Zsquare03:
Don't you think 0/0 can be;
0/0=200-200÷200-200 or 0/0=10000-10000 ÷ 10000-10000? Mathematically the question is wrong so is the answer! It can even be 2-2÷2-2. So Mr. Mathematician am sure these 3 won't give the same answer as two. grin grin grin

The logic there is; do what ever it takes(mathematically correct) to get 2 wink
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Ifebazz(m): 11:37am On May 10, 2015
Hapuya:
The only this post did was make me proud of my naija people. I thot Internet has Damaged everybody! Too see people holding very abstract mathematical discussion on a social forum like this is what they do all the time in this difficult times in our lives is very damn impressive! I don't care if everybody is wrong, it is the ability to even attempt a mathematical discourse (with most of on hungry stomachs) is what impresses me to hell! Hope is not lost for naija
I proposed a Maths room seems no one including the operators were interested. Youths are now only interested in what Genevive is wearing to wash her car or the colour of Davido's shoes or throwback picture of one stupid celebrity who virtually contributes nothing to their lives order than making more money off their more stupidly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by richard870(m): 11:38am On May 10, 2015
Delusional punk! angry
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Nobody: 11:38am On May 10, 2015
oluwafemi113:

PDP calculation grin
GEJ my role model grin grin

1 Like

Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Acekidc4(m): 11:40am On May 10, 2015
ozodigboo:
Abeg make moderators close this thread ooo.........some people go soon kolo.

Heheehehehegringringringringringringringringrin
Make People Mad na him Sweet Passgringringrin

Some of this nigga's Brain go don dey hot Wella especially Cupid1 and Soe!!gringrin

1 Like

Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by jstriker442(m): 11:43am On May 10, 2015
cupid1:
He started failing it from the point where he struck out 10 and -10,the 10 on top is supposed to equate to -1 when divided by -1 which when put into the equation, will give you 19/10.
And secondly, you cant stricke out numbers that way. They are in brackets in their own different equations i.e an equation in an equation.
So my point is, the person who provided this so called 'proof' is a dullard
bros pls go back and do your maths home work b4 u start looking 4 dullards who seem better than u.
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by jstriker442(m): 11:43am On May 10, 2015
Jumbledwords:
Lol, everything was okay till he/she decided to expand 10^2 - 10^2
did you study maths in sch or wer u ever a student ?
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by SirColumbus: 11:44am On May 10, 2015
john Dalton's model of atom was modified by rutherfold .. did the white men say john is a great scientist and therefore is model stand no room for modification
so many other model have been modified
I know the reason some of us don't accept this simply because he/ she is a Nigerian

I admire the work my only take on it is that he should have simplified both numerator and denominator same way so that it all equals 1
thanks.
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by nans24: 11:48am On May 10, 2015
adewaletb3:
So_fucking wrong. Why would you prove like a goat

[img]https://ainhypho.sirv.com/avif/ballin.mp4[/img]
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by charlesucheh(m): 11:50am On May 10, 2015
wonda26:

10^2 - 10^2 = (10 + 10)(10-10) is very correct.

In mathematics, it is called 'Difference of two squares'

If you doubt, try simplifying the right hand side of the equation
To me, i feel you're not supporting the right thing! How can you say it's correct when he deviated from the Initially stated equation of 10^-10^ which is supposed to be (10*10)(10*10). Not too good in math but i think I've a little idea of what he was doing. He totally fit in his own principles to justify the end.
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Jumbledwords: 11:52am On May 10, 2015
jstriker442:
did you study maths in sch or wer u ever a student ?
Lol, what did he do with the emerging brackets?
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Ancientx(m): 11:55am On May 10, 2015
teemy:
I first had to explain the difference of two squares.

You are funny.. for difference of two sqaures to be used A must not be equal to B..

sorry bro..
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Nobody: 11:55am On May 10, 2015
cupid1:
He started failing it from the point where he struck out 10 and -10,the 10 on top is supposed to equate to -1 when divided by -1 which when put into the equation, will give you 19/10.
And secondly, you cant stricke out numbers that way. They are in brackets in their own different equations i.e an equation in an equation.
So my point is, the person who provided this so called 'proof' is a dullard
Seconded
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by MrOlai: 11:56am On May 10, 2015
jonaji:
Very Creative I tell you.... So students in the house.... You can use it to challenge ur teachers grin grin grin

The calculation is 100% mathematically correct. All the steps are correct. Kudos to the mathematician!

However, in Mathematics, 0/0 is considered undefined. In fact, 0/0 could be proved be equal to several numbers, just like the mathematician proved that 0/0 = 2.

Once again, kudos to the mathematician!

For those of you condemning the mathematician, you need to go back to school!

1 Like

Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by iamkim7: 11:57am On May 10, 2015
logica:
Infinity is NOT the same as "undefined" or "indeterminate".
Now please don't draw me into an argument. Now when we were at secondary level when the concept of infinity could not be easily put across we used undefined for any solution where a numerator is being divided by zero. But at higher levels where we can now grasp the concept we know that dy/dx as dx--->0 =infinity. So undefined has now been replaced by infinity.
Now let's use common logic and english can you define infinity?
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Nobody: 11:57am On May 10, 2015
@ jonaji, who ever solved dis must be a Genius... I kno hw far I've gone in maths, consequently,4 him/her to hav painstakingly figured dis out means he more than an elite... wow! What a nulli secundus thought. Is de pesn a Nigerian?
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Ancientx(m): 11:58am On May 10, 2015
MrOlai:

The calculation is 100% mathematically correct. All the steps are correct. Kudos to the mathematician!

However, in Mathematics, 0/0 is considered undefined. In fact, 0/0 could be proved be equal to several numbers, just like the mathematician proved that 0/0 = 2.

calm down. for difference of two sqaures to be used A must not be equal to B..

sorry bro hes wrong.
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Jumbledwords: 12:00pm On May 10, 2015
jafextra:

he applied difference of two square
And goofed with the brackets that emerged
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by jstriker442(m): 12:00pm On May 10, 2015
Jumbledwords:

Lol, what did he do with the emerging brackets?
that expansion was diff of two squares. everything he solved there was logical, but he dd not apply d BODMAS rule @ some point, and as we all knw that is the base of mathematics. Except that, that guy is a genius
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Joe82834(m): 12:01pm On May 10, 2015
Firstly I love anything numbers.be it maths,f-maths,eng-maths.don't see this as a competition on who is better at maths but just smtin to tickle d mind.but let me just drop this .
Notice that in trying to prove that 0/0 =2 ,d OP actually assumed as well dat 0/0=1. (By striking out 10-10 on both d numtr and dentr).remember in maths u only strike out if they r equal value so he is actually saying 0/0=1 which already faults wat he is trying to prove.
Secondly: difference of 'Two' squares is a² - b² = (a-b)(a+b) when a is not equal to b.many students do not quote d complete theorem.(d moment a=b,u get zero). Again watch this.
if I say (10x-10x)/(10y-10y)=x(10-10)/y(10-10) .by striking out(like d op) I will get x/y as answer. Again this wrong cos to strike out am assuming 0/0=1,question is ,hw can u b proovn dat 0/0=2 n u re using 0/0=1 to do dat.wrong!!.my humble thoughts. #maths is sweet
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Acekidc4(m): 12:02pm On May 10, 2015
cupid1:
And lastly, how da fvck did you know my name ?
Hahahahahagringringrin You have been Found Out;Dhehehehehegringringrin
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Jumbledwords: 12:02pm On May 10, 2015
jstriker442:
that expansion was diff of two squares. everything he solved there was logical, but he dd not apply d BODMAS rule @ some point, and as we all knw that is the base of mathematics. Except that, that guy is a genius

Yes, he applied the rule which brought about brackets that were poorly executed, do you see where I'm going with this?
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by fuchong(m): 12:02pm On May 10, 2015
He did not cancel 10 with - 10. But (10-10)/(10-10).it really make sense. All my years of teaching mathematics I have never reason it this way

1 Like

Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by jstriker442(m): 12:03pm On May 10, 2015
MrOlai:

my FRIEND this is very mathematically wrong buh i can say its logically correct. Maths tells us to use BODMAS in all we do under maths. Do u knw y i love maths ?? Becos it never lies. Follow the rules and any question must give thesame answer. Pls use BODMAS
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by xtervaganza(m): 12:04pm On May 10, 2015
jonaji:
Very Creative I tell you.... So students in the house.... You can use it to challenge ur teachers grin grin grin
this is so wrong on so many levels.

How did he come about 0/0 equals to 100-100? Some rubbish people try to prove us absolute nonsense
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Jumbledwords: 12:04pm On May 10, 2015
daylife7:

Wot is wrong with d expansion....that is called difference of two squares. ..
d expansion is not d problem. He should try other numbers. ...wen all numbers prove d same. ..tthen he is rite

The expansion birthed brackets that were poorly executed
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by teemy(m): 12:05pm On May 10, 2015
Ancientx:

You are funny.. for difference of two sqaures to be used A must not be equal to B..

sorry bro..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Difference_of_two_squares
http://www.themathpage.com/alg/difference-two-squares.htm

I am always willing to learn new things but my simple research did not agree with the bolded as there is no excemption. In mathematic, a can be equal to b

But finally I have to admit that every point the denominator ends in a subtraction that equals zero the whole thing ends as undefined making the cookie crumble. So theorem fallacied.

1 Like

Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by wonda26(m): 12:05pm On May 10, 2015
cupid1:
they didn't teach you in secondary school that -1/1 and 1/-1 are all equal to -1 ?
Either you were a math failure or you didn't go to a proper school

What he cancelled out was (10 - 10) / (10 - 10).

That's the whole expressions in the bracket. ..not 10/-10 or -10/10.

Thank you.

Though we all know his theory doesn't stand sha but you dey fall hand. Your point is wrong.
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by jstriker442(m): 12:05pm On May 10, 2015
Jumbledwords:

Yes, he applied the rule which brought about brackets that were poorly executed, do you see where I'm going with this?
yea those brackets wer not properly analysed.
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Jumbledwords: 12:05pm On May 10, 2015
yusuf01:

Have u heard of difference of two squares?

What happened with the resulting brackets?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

2019/2020 PTDF Local & Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Have Been Shortlisted / Lecturer Gives Kenyan Student MouthAction In Office. Photos Shared On Facebook / Kogi State University,anyigba;2011/2012 Admission List (official Page)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.