Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 (96052 Views)

Photo: Mathematician Successfully Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 / Mathematician Successfully Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 / See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by NZEGWUAGU(m): 11:15am On May 10, 2015
kelvin100:

Do you know what is mathematics?
Seriously, why this so much silly 'mathematicians'?

What is bodmas and where did he fail to apply it?
What BODMAS are you talking about for something that is mathematically meaningless in the first place? The guy in question needs rehabilitation!
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Acekidc4(m): 11:15am On May 10, 2015
tsdarkside:
abegi,ahhh,i dont have to be a mathematician to understand that he is right..

if our ancestors believed that 0 is a number too..0 is starting of numbers,then 0=1...if 0=1,then 0+0=2..

its simpel reasoning... angry angry angry

That's some hell of a Logical thinking there!! But Shouldn't 0+0=1??
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Nobody: 11:17am On May 10, 2015
afuye:
[size=28pt]Vote Milaby for miss nairaland[/size]

I prefer TWACI. Her advert has effizy. It appears and disappears like willy willy
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by bengems(m): 11:18am On May 10, 2015
WTF? if he can proof how he turned the zeros (0) into 100, then his prove will be valid!
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Mizzzbeee(f): 11:18am On May 10, 2015
(10+10) (10-10) following his method that shud be (20) (0) which means 20×0 which is 0 so my dear your wuru wuru to d answer no b here cheesy
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by moscovite: 11:18am On May 10, 2015
Obviously most of these guys are secondary level mathematician. 0/0 is an indeterminable value in mathematics. Indeterminable means it can be anything.
If you take two values x^3/x and x/x^3 when x=0 they should both be 0/0. If you move x towards 0 ( differentiation) the first one moves to 0 while the second one goes to infinity. In this guys rigmarole he has made it 2 (and he is correct). His working is flawless technically but he hasn't proven anything. I can make it 3 or 10 or 100. That is why its indeterminable. If you did some higher maths like differential equations you will understand better. So his workings are correct but he hasn't done anything new

1 Like

Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Mizzzbeee(f): 11:20am On May 10, 2015
TONYE001:
Nice..

The mathematical principles applied were TOTALLY correct.

I would not fail this student if I were the teacher... smiley
den u r an olodo teacher too tongue
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by yusfner(m): 11:20am On May 10, 2015
right or wrong..... i salute the creativity. Its a brain opener
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by NZEGWUAGU(m): 11:21am On May 10, 2015
Acekidc4:

That's some hell of a Logical thinking there!! But Shouldn't 0+0=1??
Who let the dogs out? All the mad guys in Nigeria are now out on the streets!

2 Likes

Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Acekidc4(m): 11:22am On May 10, 2015
TI1919:
Dividing any number by zero (0) will give infinity.
So, mathematically it is wrong to say 0/0 = 0

grin

Shouldn't we be Right to say 0 is an Even Number if 0+0=2??

Men I need to Work on My Maths!! Am so Poor in it
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Ifebazz(m): 11:22am On May 10, 2015
cupid1:
He started failing it from the point where he struck out 10 and -10,the 10 on top is supposed to equate to -1 when divided by -1 which when put into the equation, will give you 19/10.
And secondly, you cant stricke out numbers that way. They are in brackets in their own different equations i.e an equation in an equation.
So my point is, the person who provided this so called 'proof' is a dullard
I think you are not seeing the logic. He did it very mathematically and right.10 is a factor of 100 which follows. Just look better ways to counter his Lemma, not by insulting him.
Stems from this logic: if p+q=1, then it is true to write x^2+x-2=0 as x^2+(p+q)x-2=0 and x^2+px+qx-2=0
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by NwaNimo1(m): 11:23am On May 10, 2015
jonaji:
Very Creative I tell you.... So students in the house.... You can use it to challenge ur teachers grin grin grin

Zero divided by Zero = Zero.

Methodology:- If you have nothing and try and divide it by nothing you end up with nothing and not double of something.

Don't need complex calculations and numbers to solve this one!
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Nobody: 11:24am On May 10, 2015
jonaji:
Very Creative I tell you.... So students in the house.... You can use it to challenge ur teachers grin grin grin

It was creative but he got it wrong at the point where he applied the difference of two squares on the same base.

To use the difference of two squares, the base needs to be different. That is:

a2 - b2 = (a+b)(a-b)

Not

a2 - a2

1 Like

Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by adekunletosin(m): 11:26am On May 10, 2015
it is wrong baaaje.... u have tried .shaa
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by MabraO: 11:28am On May 10, 2015
How come d nemerator didn't equal the denomerator for it to be 10sqare - 10 square over 10squareb - 10square

1 Like

Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Acekidc4(m): 11:28am On May 10, 2015
NZEGWUAGU:

Let us all have your own side of the Theory Pls??
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Ifebazz(m): 11:28am On May 10, 2015
darknez:

It was creative but he got it wrong at the point where he applied the difference of two squares on the same base.

To use the difference of two squares, the base needs to be different. That is:

a2 - b2 = (a+b)(a-b)

Not

a2 - a2
Here b=a.
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Hapuya: 11:28am On May 10, 2015
The only thing this post did was make me proud of my naija people. I thot Internet has Damaged everybody! Too see people holding very abstract mathematical discussion on a social forum like this is what they do all the time in this difficult times in our lives is very damn impressive! I don't care if everybody is wrong, it is the ability to even attempt a mathematical discourse (with most of u on hungry stomachs) is what impresses me the hell out of me! Hope is not lost for naija

4 Likes

Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Chimex388: 11:28am On May 10, 2015
Zsquare03:
Don't you think 0/0 can be;
0/0=200-200÷200-200 or 0/0=10000-10000 ÷ 10000-10000? Mathematically the question is wrong so is the answer! It can even be 2-2÷2-2. So Mr. Mathematician am sure these 3 won't give the same answer as two. grin grin grin
it will bro, try Nos with definite square roots to make it easier..... try 49,81,etc and follow d "OPs" principle...
buh hes actually wrong...!!.

1 Like

Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by guyX(m): 11:31am On May 10, 2015
jonaji:
you failed at the second to last step.
BODMAS
BRACKET OFF DIVISION MULTIPLICATION ADDITION SUBTRACTION.
You divided before removing the bracket.
you are trying to prove it wrong, but got proved wrong.
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Ifebazz(m): 11:32am On May 10, 2015
MabraO:
How come d nemerator didn't equal the denomerator for it to be 10sqare - 10 square over 10squareb - 10square
It's called convenient manipulation. Provided if sums up. The only illogical thing is 0/0. Denominators of zero exploding if it tends to zero very fast.
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Nobody: 11:32am On May 10, 2015
Ifebazz:

I think you are not seeing the logic. He did it very mathematically and right.10 is a factor of 100 which follows. Just look better ways to counter his Lemma, not by insulting him.
Stems from this logic: if p+q=1, then it is true to write x^2+x-2=0 as x^2+(p+q)x-2=0 and x^2+px+qx-2=0
in one night, i've gotten more mentions dan i've ever had in my whole time on naira land. I mad a mistake in my first post, aknowledged. But did you guys even notice that at some point, the 10 in his denominator turned to 0. My bad, just saw it. I was concenterating on the 0 i saw there and how it ended up giving us our final answer
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Nobody: 11:32am On May 10, 2015
drillskillz:
Flawed. Why wud u apply difference of squares only at the numerator? That wud hv given a correct answer.
He did so because he wanted 2 as his answer and not anything else...
Oga Op, that expansion is only valid if it is
(A square) - (B square)
and not
(A square) - (A square)
I stand to be corrected.
BTW, this is my first comment on nairaland. CHEERS!
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Fash20: 11:32am On May 10, 2015
TONYE001:
Nice..

The mathematical principles applied were TOTALLY correct.

I would not fail this student if I were the teacher... smiley
its wrong my broda
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Nobody: 11:33am On May 10, 2015
ibrahimofic:

Difference of two squares is (a^2+b^2) or (a^2-b^2) and not (a^2+a^2) or (b^2-b^2)
Don't alter Mathematics pls shocked

I think you are drunk lipsrsealed
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Chimex388: 11:34am On May 10, 2015
NZEGWUAGU:
loool..4rm 0+0=1 to 0+0=2?!!!
Some dogs have been let loose.... i second ur motion!
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by teemy(m): 11:34am On May 10, 2015
I first had to explain the difference of two squares.

P.S Proove Prove

But finally I have to admit that every point the denominator ends in a subtraction that equals zero the whole thing ends as undefined making the cookie crumble. So theorem fallacied.

Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by NZEGWUAGU(m): 11:35am On May 10, 2015
moscovite:
Obviously most of these guys are secondary level mathematician. 0/0 is an indeterminable value in mathematics. Indeterminable means it can be anything.
If you take two values x^3/x and x/x^3 when x=0 they should both be 0/0. If you move x towards 0 ( differentiation) the first one moves to 0 while the second one goes to infinity. In this guys rigmarole he has made it 2 (and he is correct). His working is flawless technically but he hasn't proven anything. I can make it 3 or 10 or 100. That is why its indeterminable. If you did some higher maths like differential equations you will understand better. So his workings are correct but he hasn't done anything new
HE stark raving mad!
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by NZEGWUAGU(m): 11:35am On May 10, 2015
moscovite:
He's stark raving mad!
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by Nobody: 11:35am On May 10, 2015
Ifebazz:

Here b=a.

The principle doesn't apply to same bases.
Re: Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 by teemy(m): 11:36am On May 10, 2015
Since what was being used were perfect squares I then used an ordinary letter.

What we have here by the OP is a valid mathematical theorem.

P.S Proove Prove

But finally I have to admit that every point the denominator ends in a subtraction that equals zero the whole thing ends as undefined making the cookie crumble. So theorem fallacied.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Caleb University, Lagos Cuts Hair Of Students At The Gate (Photos) / Lecturer Gives Kenyan Student MouthAction In Office. Photos Shared On Facebook / Kogi State University,anyigba;2011/2012 Admission List (official Page)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.