Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters (1473 Views)

8 Ways To Discard Stubborn Toasters / Why Do People Say Husbands Are Scarce When I Get At Least 2 Toasters In A Day? / 8 Ways Ladies Treat Their Toasters Harshly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters by brushstrokes(f): 9:50am On May 10, 2015
At the risk of coming across as obnoxious, I will like to appeal to a group of people known as toasters, males and females inclusive.
Let's get this ball rolling.....
You've met someone you're attracted to, exchanged contacts and now you're following up on your pursuit of happiness. Nothing bad here, it's a process that have yielded beautiful unions. However, the wooing could take a wrong turn when either knowingly or unknowingly insensitivity creeps in, mostly in the form of placing calls.

Please moderate the number of times you call. Calling 12 times a day with some SMS in between does not in any way come across as being cool!One is in the office with unrealistic deadlines staring at you with big pleading eyes and someone is ringing you inconsistently! sad What is it you have to say that can't wait till after office hours There's instant messaging if you really need to make contact.

Now one is home after a long day and willing to talk. Then the call refused to end, 20 minutes and counting. Meanwhile the essence of the conversation ended 10 minutes ago. It does not help that the current brands of smartphones heat up with slight provocation. So here you are with tired eyes, weary bones beckoning for sleep and a ear acting as a heat conductor to your hot phone listening to an unending chatter. You are not being refreshing Mr/Ms toaster, you are adding to the stress of the day.

The one that ticks me off most, that makes steam pour out of the pores of my skin is calling very early in the morning during weekends and public holiday! undecided angry
Let me be blunt here, that sh.it ain't dope!. If it's not an emergency, don't do that! Emergency only entails someone dying or someone has died. Why do you want to talk about around 5am on a Saturday morning? Wtf! It's an aberration, violation of my right as a person who deserves at least 8 hours of sleep on a weekend cry
Please there's nothing romantic about doing this, it's not a grand gesture, it's not loving. It's core insensitivity.

The caveat however is that some ladies may like all of the gestures above, please it's your job to identify such and act accordingly.
As for me, it crosses the line of being loving to being a disturbance. Give a girl some space to have time for other things (her family, friends, hobbies, sleep undecided) and also to miss you. Thank you! kiss

*end of rant*

4 Likes

Re: The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters by Nobody: 9:52am On May 10, 2015
Now that you are getting attention from every guy, you wish to get it on a parade ground abi ?

Edited: Time will Tell

1 Like

Re: The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters by IamOdin: 9:57am On May 10, 2015
I'm glad you know you were just ranting,or if not were you expecting this rubb.ish to make a difference without voicing your frustration on NTA and AIT?
Re: The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters by Princecalm(m): 9:58am On May 10, 2015
So are we the one disturbing you? I bet you ain't got the guts to even tell the real person(s) disturbing you.
Re: The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters by write2obi(m): 10:00am On May 10, 2015
*Sunday morning rant*
You actually have a point to be honest, some people just don't know when they are bugging someone. Their was this friend of a friend lipsrsealed that tot it was ok to call me at all times ( even at 1am cry ) to complain me how my buddy was not being nice to her , I couldn't take it anymore so i told her politely to stop calling me, and especially at nite. Long story short : we are sworn enemy's now
Re: The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters by delishpot: 10:02am On May 10, 2015
Watch NL boys abuse you till thine kingdom come......
Make I spread mat look how this will end.

When a woman rants its an abommination but when a man rants, its a welcone development grin grin
Re: The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters by agarawu23(m): 10:03am On May 10, 2015
hen hen! tell me moreundecided
Re: The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters by demmy0325(m): 10:04am On May 10, 2015
Re: The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters by Hazardd(m): 10:08am On May 10, 2015
who is this one
Re: The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:09am On May 10, 2015
Good to know!
Hope guys will start acting differently.
Re: The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters by demmy0325(m): 10:13am On May 10, 2015
Seriously guys dah jst do ds nids to take a chill... Most r sufferin frm low-self esteem tho.. Y wil smone nt pick Up n u stl kip callin... Once u call smone and they didnt pick up.. Stp callin.. They wil probably get bck 2u if U r important to dem... Evn if its an emergency n U kip callin.. If they wont still pick Up.. They wont.. And it applies to girls.. I once had a gf dah do gimme minimum of 50missd calls.. Buh dah doesnt guaranty dey wont stl cheat on U.. Mayb u r jst under d main man tag...

1 Like

Re: The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters by bammy777(m): 10:17am On May 10, 2015
So why ar you telling us ? Go tell thoes guy calling u when dey don't even know someone like u don't worth an Sms in 3months nt to talk of call.
Re: The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters by brushstrokes(f): 10:24am On May 10, 2015
delishpot:
Watch NL boys abuse you till thine kingdom come......
Make I spread mat look how this will end.

When a woman rants its an abommination but when a man rants, its a welcone development grin grin

Well, I expect a lot to get all sentimental and not approach the post in a rational manner. They are welcome to join in the 'rant' wink

2 Likes

Re: The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters by Henrypraise: 10:41am On May 10, 2015
@ op, u av siad d truth but hope u ar not running 4 miss nairalander cos all d likes wen u don get b4 dem go turn to unlike o, d boys n some men of nairaland will definitely not like dis.

A girl once called abt 39times wen I was in a meeting on a monday morning at about 9am, @ d 40th time I picked n she said she wanted to hear me breath or my heart beat. I swear I almost smashed my fone.
Re: The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters by rok1(f): 10:42am On May 10, 2015
Some peeps are too guilty of this. Early Saturday morning call has to be a sin.

1 Like

Re: The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters by Uchan4u(m): 10:42am On May 10, 2015
The op might be right, but believe me, it all depends on the guy or girl in question. When a guy or girl u don't like calls to talk love, it's always annoying not minding the timing.
Re: The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters by brushstrokes(f): 10:51am On May 10, 2015
Henrypraise:
@ op, u av siad d truth but hope u ar not running 4 miss nairalander cos all d likes wen u don get b4 dem go turn to unlike o, d boys n some men of nairaland will definitely not like dis.

A girl once called abt 39times wen I was in a meeting on a monday morning at about 9am, @ d 40th time I picked n she said she wanted to hear me breath or my heart beat. I swear I almost smashed my fone.

Damn it! Lmao grin
Now that just jump right from annoying to amusing

I'm not contesting for nada....it's for the pretty ones wink
Re: The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters by Nobody: 10:51am On May 10, 2015
Another reason why we have many single ladies roaming the streets
When dem old and no get husband, dem go begin blame their ancestors

Na so this uncle take die single

Re: The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters by brushstrokes(f): 10:52am On May 10, 2015
rok1:
Some peeps are too guilty of this. Early Saturday morning call has to be a sin.

Spread the word grin

1 Like

Re: The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters by brushstrokes(f): 10:57am On May 10, 2015
write2obi:
*Sunday morning rant*
You actually have a point to be honest, some people just don't know when they are bugging someone. Their was this friend of a friend lipsrsealed that tot it was ok to call me at all times ( even at 1am cry ) to complain me how my buddy was not being nice to her , I couldn't take it anymore so i told her politely to stop calling me, and especially at nite. Long story short : we are sworn enemy's now

Honesty sometimes isn't the best policy I guess. I did the same and the culprit got all defensive on me
Re: The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters by Emodeee: 11:16am On May 10, 2015
brushstrokes:
At the risk of coming across as obnoxious, I will like to appeal to a group of people known as toasters, males and females inclusive.
You've met someone you're attracted to, exchanged contacts and now you're following up on your pursuit of happiness. Nothing bad here, it's a process that have yielded beautiful unions. However, the wooing could take a wrong turn when either knowingly or unknowingly insensitivity creeps in, mostly in the form of placing calls.

Please moderate the number of times you call. Calling 12 times a day with some SMS in between does not in any way come across as being cool!One is in the office with unrealistic deadlines staring at you with big pleading eyes and someone is ringing you inconsistently! sad What is it you have to say that can't wait till after office hours There's instant messaging if you really need to make contact.

Now one is home after a long day and willing to talk. Then the call refused to end, 20 minutes and counting. Meanwhile the essence of the conversation ended 10 minutes ago. It does not help that the current brands of smartphones heat up with slight provocation. So here you are with tired eyes, weary bones beckoning for sleep and a ear acting as a heat conductor to your hot phone listening to an unending chatter. You are not being refreshing Mr/Ms toaster, you are adding to the stress of the day.

The one that ticks me off most, that makes steam pour out of the pores of my skin is calling very early in the morning during weekends and public holiday! undecided angry
Let me be blunt here, that sh.it ain't dope!. If it's not an emergency, don't do that! Emergency only entails someone dying or someone has died. Why do you want to talk about around 5am on a Saturday morning? Wtf! It's an aberration, violation of my right as a person who deserves at least 8 hours of sleep on a weekend cry
Please there's nothing romantic about doing this, it's not a grand gesture, it's not loving. It's core insensitivity.

The caveat however is that some ladies may like all of the gestures above, please it's your job to identify such and act accordingly.
As for me, it crosses the line of being loving to being a disturbance. Give a girl some space to have time for other things (her family, friends, hobbies, sleep undecided) and also to miss you. Thank you! kiss

*end of rant*

u r frustrated. Na wetin ur toasters dey do u be dat. Smboiz no get sense.
Wetin he go do we go please u? He call, u say "he too call" E nor call, u say "he nor call." Wetin sef? Moderate calling in another person's view might mean excessive calling.

So dn't rant here, go and tell d above to ur toasters or ur darlings.
Re: The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters by Henrypraise: 11:19am On May 10, 2015
brushstrokes:

Damn it! Lmao grin
Now that just jump right from annoying to amusing

I'm not contesting for nada....it's for the pretty ones wink

@ bolded: "a tin is a tin not wat is said of dat tin" wink
Re: The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters by leLabyrinthe: 11:25am On May 10, 2015
brushstrokes:

Now one is home after a long day and willing to talk. Then the call refused to end, 20 minutes and counting. Meanwhile the essence of the conversation ended 10 minutes ago.[b] It does not help that the current brands of smartphones heat up with slight provocation. [/b]So here you are with tired eyes, weary bones beckoning for sleep and a ear acting as a heat conductor to your hot phone listening to an unending chatter. You are not being refreshing Mr/Ms toaster, you are adding to the stress of the day.

grin grin
Man inhumanity to the ears
Re: The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters by seankay(m): 11:47am On May 10, 2015
jacksparrow1207:
Another reason why we have many single ladies roaming the streets
When dem old and no get husband, dem go begin blame their ancestors

Na so this uncle take die single
Y d uncle no go find babe wey get yansh?
Re: The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters by Nobody: 11:48am On May 10, 2015
Re: The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters by Nobody: 11:51am On May 10, 2015
seankay:

Y d uncle no go find babe wey get yansh?

Lol. It's not all about yarnsh sir. U can't have it all
Re: The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters by brushstrokes(f): 11:53am On May 10, 2015
Henrypraise:

@ bolded: "a tin is a tin not wat is said of dat tin" wink

A thing is a thing!
grin lipsrsealed
Re: The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters by seankay(m): 11:55am On May 10, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

Lol. It's not all about yarnsh sir. U can't have it all
I got the drill, I was just playing around
Re: The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters by Nobody: 11:56am On May 10, 2015
seankay:

I got the drill, I was just playing around

I know right
Re: The Insensitivity Of Some Toasters by jayedu108: 12:15pm On May 10, 2015
brushstrokes:

*end of rant*
We don't care and don't wanna know who calls you or don't,please channel ur anger to the people distubing ur life not bringing up here disturbing our peace tot u had better ting to say not knowing I had to come and read this rubbish abeg going forward don't come and put this up again pls take note.

(1) (Reply)

Ladies, Will U Marry A Man Who Is A Virgin? Who Doesn't Even Knw Jack Abt Sex? / Lies Girls Tell To Disallow Guys From Hitting The Jackpot. / Why Kissing Is Not A Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.