Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,489 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Please My Heart Is Breaking: I Need Advice. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please My Heart Is Breaking: I Need Advice. (1118 Views)

Matured Advice Pls, She Is Breaking Up With Me Cos Of This (pics) / I Stormed His Wedding & Made Him Cry After He Broke My Heart / See The Reason My Girlfriend Of 3yrs Is Breaking Up With Me, Screenshot Added (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please My Heart Is Breaking: I Need Advice. by neve: 1:25pm On Feb 07, 2009
Please, i need to know how to get over a broken heart. am in love with a guy who claims he loves me but does not appreciate me. instead he enjoys hurting me.

I cant count the number of times i cried on my pillow. my heart feels like its breaking into pieces.

i wish it were easy to walk away.

i've been crying all day and he doesn't seem to care.

i need advice please.
Re: Please My Heart Is Breaking: I Need Advice. by lexicon(m): 3:39pm On Feb 07, 2009
Sorry sister !!! Just pray ehh. God will do what u want
Re: Please My Heart Is Breaking: I Need Advice. by 190: 3:53pm On Feb 07, 2009
eya
meet my baby rubbie she can definately help u
Re: Please My Heart Is Breaking: I Need Advice. by Czarskit(m): 4:29pm On Feb 07, 2009
Dat's bad news. . .
Re: Please My Heart Is Breaking: I Need Advice. by wan2et: 10:08pm On Feb 07, 2009
Neve, what is the problem? tell us details, and maybe we can help you out. Wish you good luck.
Re: Please My Heart Is Breaking: I Need Advice. by eyonigger(m): 12:47am On Feb 08, 2009
You are probably the weakest link in every endeavor you guyz get involve in, sincerely the guy might love u, but would still prefer to treat u like shy**t if u keep proving urself to be weak in everything u guys do, i.e, arguing or woeva. Its time you need to take a roll of the BOSS. Take a sudden change, if he calls u, pick up and say "" WHAT"", Then hang up, if he sends u a message, ignore him, dnt be scared he'll break up with u, because he if he does and u ignore him still, and he does not come back begging, then that means tha guy dnt really love u, if by chance he breaks up with u, then comes back begging, let him beg well before u accept him back, then later neutralize your position as BOSS, and make sure u are never weak. I hope this helps!
Re: Please My Heart Is Breaking: I Need Advice. by Busybody2(f): 9:00am On Feb 08, 2009
neve:

Please, i need to know how to get over a broken heart. am in love with a guy who claims he loves me but does not appreciate me. instead he enjoys hurting me.

I cant count the number of times i cried on my pillow. my heart feels like its breaking into pieces.

i need advice please.

There is nothing wrong in having strong feelings for someone who does not feel the same way as you do and now that you know the guy is not treating you the right way, its time to stop wallowing, and you have to find the courage to leave and that can only come from you.

Of course it is not going to be easy, but things like writing down why you don't love him, how he puts you down, writing down good things about you, surrounding yourself and going out with good friends, allowing yourself to cry and grieve, getting yourself busy with other things etc, would help you with the low self-esteem, emptiness and sadness that you are feeling, and also help you to know that the fault does not lie with you.

Even though it feels like no one else in the world has ever felt this wave of emotion coursing through your body, you will get over it, just stay strong wink
Re: Please My Heart Is Breaking: I Need Advice. by amebono14: 9:11am On Feb 08, 2009
Busy_body:

There is nothing wrong in having strong feelings for someone who does not feel the same way as you do and now that you know the guy is not treating you the right way, its time to stop wallowing, and you have to find the courage to leave and that can only come from you.

Of course it is not going to be easy, but things like writing down why you don't love him, how he puts you down, writing down good things about you, surrounding yourself and going out with good friends, allowing yourself to cry and grieve, getting yourself busy with other things etc, would help you with the low self-esteem, emptiness and sadness that you are feeling, and also help you to know that the fault does not lie with you.

Even though it feels like no one else in the world has ever felt this wave of emotion coursing through your body, you will get over it, just stay strong wink

so busy body is still alive? shocked grin thank God u r not busy snatching another girl"s lover now.who said God does not answer amebo"s prayer? cool
Re: Please My Heart Is Breaking: I Need Advice. by spikedcylinder: 10:53am On Feb 08, 2009

i need advice please.

I think you need to expatiate before I jump on the "please leave him" bandwagon.

How does he hurt you? How does he not "appreciate" you? You claim he loves you (which you seem to believe as well), what are the things he does to prove otherwise?
Women sometimes get things twisted when they are insecure or just generally in need of extra attention. When I was younger, I used to cry anytime my ex-boyfriend got friendly with not just any girl but his sister sef. I felt he needed to give me more attention than he gave her. Today, he remains one of the best friends I could ever hope for.

Please answer the questions and clarify.
Thanks.
Re: Please My Heart Is Breaking: I Need Advice. by Busybody2(f): 10:59am On Feb 08, 2009
amebo no.1:

so busy body is still alive? shocked grin thank God u r not busy snatching another girl"s lover now.who said God does not answer amebo"s prayer? cool

Sister Amebo, how do you know I am not advising her to leave so that I can move in grin Oops the secret is out embarassed Why do you like exposing me like this na angry angry angry grin
Re: Please My Heart Is Breaking: I Need Advice. by Busybody2(f): 11:07am On Feb 08, 2009
neve:

Am going thru that now, and just wish i could just quit it all. but its so hard. Its not that he doesn't love me but i just think he's totally wrong for me. i just wish it were easy,  cry cry cry

spikedcylinder:

I think you need to expatiate before I jump on the "please leave him" bandwagon.

How does he hurt you? How does he not "appreciate" you? You claim he loves you (which you seem to believe as well), what are the things he does to prove otherwise?
Women sometimes get things twisted when they are insecure or just generally in need of extra attention. When I was younger, I used to cry anytime my ex-boyfriend got friendly with not just any girl but his sister sef. I felt he needed to give me more attention than he gave her. Today, he remains one of the best friends I could ever hope for.

Please answer the questions and clarify.
Thanks.

She asked for advice to get over an unsymphathetic guy who hurts her, treats her like sh*t and does not care about her feelings, and whom she feels is totally wrong for her. Obviously, she would have weighed up her options before coming out with such undecided Now if she had asked for advice on how to win back his affection . . . wink

Anyhoo, feel free to ask your questions, the tatafo antenna that I borrowed from Sister Amebo, would like to know too cheesy
Re: Please My Heart Is Breaking: I Need Advice. by spikedcylinder: 2:31pm On Feb 08, 2009
Busy_body:

She asked for advice to get over an unsymphathetic guy who hurts her, treats her like sh*t and does not care about her feelings, and whom she feels is totally wrong for her. Obviously, she would have weighed up her options before coming out with such undecided Now if she had asked for advice on how to win back his affection . . . wink

Anyhoo, feel free to ask your questions, the tatafo antenna that I borrowed from Sister Amebo, would like to know too cheesy

Yes, she asked for advice on how to get over her boyfriend who treats her badly but before I give any, I need to know why and more importantly how he treats her badly. You don't know the OP's age, she might be some 18yr old who really doesn't know that some things are all part and parcel of a healthy relationship and advising her to dump him without hearing the nitty gritty of the story is just. . . undecided
Believe me, if I later read he hits her, cheats on her or anything like that, I'd be the first to say dump his @ss but on this thread, the OP hasn't given any concrete examples.
Re: Please My Heart Is Breaking: I Need Advice. by Busybody2(f): 3:30pm On Feb 08, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Yes, she asked for advice on how to get over her boyfriend who treats her badly but before I give any, I need to know why and more importantly how he treats her badly. You don't know the OP's age, she might be some 18yr old who really doesn't know that some things are all part and parcel of a healthy relationship and advising her to dump him without hearing the nitty gritty of the story is just. . . undecided
Believe me, if I later read he hits her, cheats on her or anything like that, I'd be the first to say dump his @ss but on this thread, the OP hasn't given any concrete examples.

An 18 year old who knows and acknowledges that her man is not treating her right has a good head on her shoulder wink

Well from what I deduced lipsrsealed she is 20 years old and has prolly been in this relationship for about 4/5 months wink
Re: Please My Heart Is Breaking: I Need Advice. by spikedcylinder: 3:57pm On Feb 08, 2009
I only used that age as an example, I didn't say she's actually 18.

Plus, are you saying it is wrong for me to ask how she's being "treated badly"?
Re: Please My Heart Is Breaking: I Need Advice. by jacq(f): 4:35pm On Feb 08, 2009
@ OP he ainit worth it move on with your life, you will find the guy who will appreciate who u are when you dispose this one that is hurting you bad now.
Re: Please My Heart Is Breaking: I Need Advice. by JJYOU: 4:50pm On Feb 08, 2009
God help u.
Re: Please My Heart Is Breaking: I Need Advice. by jamace(m): 5:19pm On Feb 08, 2009
There is nothing wrong in having strong feelings for someone who does not feel the same way as you do and now that you know the guy is not treating you the right way, its time to stop wallowing, and you have to find the courage to leave and that can only come from you. Of course it is not going to be easy, but things like writing down why you don't love him, how he puts you down, writing down good things about you, surrounding yourself and going out with good friends, allowing yourself to cry and grieve, getting yourself busy with other things etc, would help you with the low self-esteem, emptiness and sadness that you are feeling, and also help you to know that the fault does not lie with you.

Even though it feels like no one else in the world has ever felt this wave of emotion coursing through your body, you will get over it, just stay strong

I think this is a good advice. Try it. Good luck.
Re: Please My Heart Is Breaking: I Need Advice. by Busybody2(f): 6:04pm On Feb 08, 2009
spikedcylinder:

I only used that age as an example, I didn't say she's actually 18.

Plus, are you saying it is wrong for me to ask how she's being "treated badly"?

Busy_body:

angry angry angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Please My Heart Is Breaking: I Need Advice. by homosapien(m): 11:58pm On Feb 08, 2009
called him and question him why he loves hurting.if no good response just ignore
Re: Please My Heart Is Breaking: I Need Advice. by armadeo(m): 1:10am On Feb 09, 2009
leave him quickly if he doesnt come begging he never was for you if he does then returns to his SINS then my advice is run and dont look back wink all the best

1 Like

Re: Please My Heart Is Breaking: I Need Advice. by C2H5OH(f): 6:32am On Feb 09, 2009
I have yet to hear of any recorded cases of people dying from broken hearts. Why are you with a man who does not appreciate you? Don't be so suicidal. What you need in your life is someone who is ready to love, cherish, and adore you. If the bastard isn't ready to do so, split. It will hurt for a while but you WILL get over him.
Re: Please My Heart Is Breaking: I Need Advice. by Omolola1(f): 11:02am On Feb 09, 2009
@ poster

take heart cry
Re: Please My Heart Is Breaking: I Need Advice. by Ben13: 11:05am On Feb 09, 2009
Omolola1:

@ poster

take heart cry
when the heart in question is breaking
Re: Please My Heart Is Breaking: I Need Advice. by Lovelace: 11:55am On Feb 09, 2009
It's not easy to walk away -well that's what you think initially.
But then with time, you'd find that it was the best thing to have ever done.
If he doesn't appreciate you, then leave. Life's too short believe that. There are many nice guys out there.
Don't be the broken hearted girl.
Re: Please My Heart Is Breaking: I Need Advice. by realcele: 1:46am On Feb 10, 2009
Did i hear you say break, heart does not break grin.
Re: Please My Heart Is Breaking: I Need Advice. by Orimili(m): 2:13am On Feb 10, 2009
Solution:

1. Leave the guy alone. It's obvious that he has nothing good going for him. Why are you still around him? If you're waiting for him to magically change, you have been watching too many movies. Welcome to real life, it's a bitch. Move on.

2. Don't give your heart to any man, especially one that you are not married to. Same goes for the guys vice versa. That's the quickest way to emotional distress when something goes wrong in a relationship. I'm not saying to not ever have feelings, but there is also a logical component to relationships. If you throw that out the window in favor of full emotional investment, it's only going to cause problems, as you may not see the signs that may lead you to heartache.

It is actually easier than you think to get over someone. You have to just preoccupy your mind with other things, and you will never have the time to feel sadness over someone who doesn't care for you.
Re: Please My Heart Is Breaking: I Need Advice. by tpia: 2:55am On Feb 10, 2009

(1) (Reply)

Romance! Has Nigerians Become A Global Laughing Stock ? / Have A Girl Ever Toast U And You Shun Her / 190 Y U D Vex With Virgin, Omo Nah Virgin Oo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.