Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,373 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament (4162 Views)

Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment / 10 Bible Verses On Tithing / Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by NumberOne2(m): 5:04pm On May 13, 2015
openmine:

You are very wrong sir....tithes was extensively instructed(commanded) in d old testament by God to the people of israel as a way of feeding d levites that had no allotment in d land(lev 27:30-34;numbers 18:25-32)...Abraham was never instructed or commanded to tithe like the jews did...dats because it was a free will gesture and nothing more dan dat...i will repeat dis again to you...a tithe is wat it is..a tithe which is a compulsory requirement by God to d people of israel to give a tenth of their farm produce...i guess u bypassed those scriptures in d old testament smiley smiley

Oh, the English man will not kill us with English.
What is the difference between command and instruction?

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another." - John 13:34
Is Jesus forcing us to love in the above text?

Barnabaseloka:

Why do tithers give one-tenth (tithe) of their income at stipulated periods of time? Are they not trying to follow the law as the Israelites did? Free-will offering or giving for Christians is not bound to be one-tenth, but what one decides to give (whether one-tenth or not).
On the otherhand, if one promises God a tenth of one's income at a stipulated time (every month or every two months or every year), such agreement is between the person and God. It is called VOW. it has nothing to do with the one-tenth people are subjected to pay every month in churches today.

Tithing is NOT at a stipulated time? Not everyone gets income by months end.
Some people pay tithes 3 or 4 times in the same month. Some just 2 times a year.

openmine:

now seriously,i wud like 2 know ur definition of tithes according 2 d scriptures...so i know am not having an unfruitful dic=scus wit u...thanks?
Thanks for the question, best so far.
As I have been saying and constantly being misunderstood. Tithe is 10% of my income given to GOD OUT of LOVE (NOT FORCE). God is NOT a GOD of force.

This is my point. If you dont want to pay tithe, leave it (it is NOT by force) but DONT bring scriptures to negate it. The fact it wasnt mentioned in New Testament does mean it is DEAD. "Let everyman give as proposed in his heart..."
Masturbation wasnt mention neither was smoking. Are they good? We have the Holy Spirit to lead us.
Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by MrPristine: 5:30pm On May 13, 2015
NumberOne2:

No you quote me out of context:
I spelt out the entire Deut 14:22-27 didnt I? I am trying to show that MONEY tithing existed in OLD Testament. What it is done with is NOT my issue. I am not a Priest.

If you had quoted verse 25 in full it would have proved that money was not acceptable as tithes because God asked the tither to use the money to buy food stuff and wine but in your dishonesty you left out that part and only quoted the part that mentioned money in order to deceive those who haven't read that passage properly before.
Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by openmine(m): 5:51pm On May 13, 2015
NumberOne2:

Oh, the English man will not kill us with English.
What is the difference between command and instruction
"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another." - John 13:34
Is Jesus forcing us to love in the above text?
ohh am sorry so how do u explain Malachi 3:10-12 as been preached by ur likes as punishment for not tithing...as for john 13:34,a new command was given,unfortunately u Neva understood dat scripture or failed 2 see d part where he said "love as I loved u"..so my question sud b how did Jesus show love dem in john 13:34?
was his love dat of force or a willing heart?
was there any form of intimidation on his part?..dat kind of love is simply hard 2 force on sum one...nice try but Dats had nothing 2 do wit tithes...
ohh sorry u sud have told me 2 break down my English vocab so u cud comprehend dat a punishment was given 2 dose who refused 2 tithe according 2 d mosaic law..
Some people pay tithes 3 or 4 times in the same month. Some just 2 times a year.
now see where ur error lies.... u said u don't have anything 2 do with d tithes of d law of Moses yet u run down 2 it 2 get directives..now my question... pls where in d scripture was tithe defined as a tenth of ur income??
according 2 deut 14 dat u erroneously quoted,where did God instruct d Jews 2 tithe monthly or weekly like u claim?
Thanks for the question. As I have been saying. Tithe is 10% of my income given to GOD OUT of LOVE (NOT FORCE). God is NOT a GOD of force.
If you dont want to pay, leave it but DONT bring scripture to negate it. The fact it wasnt mention in New testament does mean it is DEAD. Masturbation wasnt mention neither was smoking. Are they good? We have the Holy Spirit to lead us.
pls I requested dat ur definition of tithe came from d bible and not ur pastor's or dictionary's definition of tithes...I repeat u can not give out of love wat is required or commanded..tithe is tithe...free will is free will...don't contradict urself...and pls don't deviate by bringing up discussions dat have no relationship wit tithes...stick 2 d topic...!
Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by openmine(m): 5:54pm On May 13, 2015
MrPristine:

If you had quoted verse 25 in full it would have proved that money was not acceptable as tithes because God asked the tither to use the money to buy food stuff and wine but in your dishonesty you left out that part and only quoted the part that mentioned money in order to deceive those who haven't read that passage properly before.
d truth is dat most tithers do wat dey call cherry picking of scripture...only d part dat suits dem
Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by Barnabaseloka(m): 7:13pm On May 13, 2015
NumberOne2:

This means that tithers pay tithe when it is convenient for them. God did not command the Israelites to pay these tithes when it was convenient for them or anytime they wished. Tithing as demanded by the law was at stipulated times. They must wait till the appointed times for the tithes to be paid and according to its rules.
God is all-knowing. He knew that some Israelites would not be able to meet up with the payment if it involved money. He knew that some Israelites would be owed by their employers and some might not make profit before such tithes were paid. That was why he did not involve money but crops and animals, so that no one will give excuse for not paying tithes. He knew that before the tithing periods the Israelites would have got an increase in their livestock and crops. Money existed at that time yet they did not tithe with money. This means that if you are being subjected to pay tithes with money, you are not doing it rightly. It means you are giving your money out unnecessarily being coerced into it unknowingly.
If you want to involve money, it is no more as a law and the blessings in Malachi will not come to you. These blessings pronounced in Malachi come when one tithes as God commanded.
If one wants to involve money, it is no more of the law but of free-will and no one has to subject you that you must pay it within a given period in a month. If you desire to give a tenth of what you have to God as a choice, go ahead. But if you cannot make it up to that, let no man subject you or you forcing or subjecting yourself into giving up to such amount.. Therefore give as you can afford whether a tenth or more than that or less than that. God has already blessed us with the blessings of Abraham in Christ Jesus.

3 Likes

Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by zodiakzax: 7:45pm On May 13, 2015
NumberOne2:

The post you refers to talks of giving in love. If tithing, tithe in love or dont bother. It doesnt say NOT to tithe.

OK, the NEW convenant talks of going beyond 10% to giving ALL.
The early Christians sold all they had and brought to the Apostles feet to be shared by the brethren. Can you do that? Also NOTE that the ALL was not given to the poor.

"And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved." - Acts 2:45-47

So you are neither for TITHING or for GIVING ALL. Where do you stand?
I can see you still don't understand the points we are making. You said not all the money the believers got from selling their possessions was given to the poor, who do you think the poor are? What do you understand by the bible saying that the believers shared what they had and there was no needy among them? The body of Christ consist of poor (2con 8:1-2)and needy (acts 2:45,acts 4:34,1John 3:17 etc) people as well as rich people (1timothy 6:17). You see the reason why they were selling their properties and sharing among themselves was that,they believed they do not need these possessions, they knew what matters most was Christ and walking with Him, for the Lord in Luke 9:23-24 amp said " 23.And He said to all, If any person wills to come after Me, let him deny himself [disown himself, forget, lose sight of himself and his own interests, refuse and give up himself] and take up his cross daily and follow Me [cleave steadfastly to Me, conform wholly to My example in living and, if need be, in dying also]. 24.For whoever would preserve his life and save it will lose and destroy it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he will preserve and save it [from the penalty of eternal death]." this ought to be the life of the disciples of Christ,to forsake all in order to gain Christ. They also believed in the coming of Christ at anytime so there was no need for such things. In fact that is the opposite of what the so called men of God are preaching;that we should acquire wealth so they can exploit us through the doctrines of tithes and seeds. The apostle John in 1john 2:15-17 (good news trans)said "15.Do not love the world or anything that belongs to the world. If you love the world, you do not love the Father. 16.Everything that belongs to the world — what the sinful self desires, what people see and want, and everything in this world that people are so proud of — none of this comes from the Father; it all comes from the world. 17.The world and everything in it that people desire is passing away; but those who do the will of God live for ever." these are the true doctrine of our faith, yet this perverse brood of vipers twist the word of God to their advantage and tell us to pursue the world. Need I say more? My lifestyle by the grace of our Lord Jesus is to serve Him with my whole being and be content with what ever He blesses me with. There's nothing that is mine is Truly mine, my possessions I have sold in order to help those around me, and I am a fool to glory in this. we must learn to imitate the footsteps of our Lord Jesus Christ and abide in Him if we want to remain faithful to the end. Amen

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by openmine(m): 7:51pm On May 13, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

This means that tithers pay tithe when it is convenient for them. God did not command the Israelites to pay these tithes when it was convenient for them or anytime they wished. Tithing as demanded by the law was at stipulated times. They must wait till the appointed times for the tithes to be paid and according to its rules.
God is all-knowing. He knew that some Israelites would not be able to meet up with the payment if it involved money. He knew that some Israelites would be owed by their employers and some might not make profit before such tithes were paid. That was why he did not involve money but crops and animals, so that no one will give excuse for not paying tithes. He knew that before the tithing periods the Israelites would have got an increase in their livestock and crops. Money existed at that time yet they did not tithe with money. This means that if you are being subjected to pay tithes with money, you are not doing it rightly. It means you are giving your money out unnecessarily being coerced into it unknowingly.
If you want to involve money, it is no more as a law and the blessings in Malachi will not come to you. This blessings pronounced in Malachi come when one tithe as God commanded.
If one wants to involve money, it is no more of the law but of free-will and no one has to subject you that you must pay it within a given period in a month. If you desire to give a tenth of what you have to God as a choice, go ahead. But if you cannot make it up to that, let no man subject you into giving up to such amount..
ad infinitum likes...
Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by zodiakzax: 8:19pm On May 13, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

Thanks for your comment,but let me clarify this more.
1. I think we misunderstand something here. When we talk of tithe, we view it from two perspectives: tithe as a law and tithe as a free-will offering. Tithe simply means one-tenth. Actually, tithing (giving one-tenth) did not start from the Israelites. People still give one-tenth (tithe) of what they have to God.
Our concern is whether Christians are expected to tithe (give one-tenth) as a law (command) or as a free-will giving. One can decide within oneself to give a tenth (tithe) of one's income to God, if one is led by the Holy Spirit to do so. It is not a command that one must give one-tenth (tithe) of one's possession at a stipulated period of time (every month, week or two weeks). Giving is as one decides in one's heart (whether one-tenth or not). It is not that one must (under a command) give one-tenth of one's income as we see today being preached in churches. So tithing (giving one-tenth) of one's income still exists today but not as a command but a choice.

2. God has given us free-will to obey what he commands us to do or not to obey. He will not force any man to obey his commands. The Israelites were commanded by God (as a law) to tithe according to the laid-down guidelines concerning these tithes. Tithe (as a law) was not just done in one way but in different ways and in different chosen times and places (Deut.14:22-29). All the laws given to Moses were commands from God which the Israelites should keep. It is left for any Israelite to keep them or not, b/c it is not by force, yet a command. Disobedience to such commands attracted punishment from God to the Israelites, including payment of tithes. It was due to their disobedience that God rebuked them in Malachi.

There was no such command (or law) given to Abraham to tithe (give one-tenth) of his possession. As such, no consequence would have come to him if he decided not to give one-tenth of what he had. Abraham could have given less than or more than what he gave. It was of his own choice to give one-tenth and would not be punished even if he did not give at all.

Why do tithers give one-tenth (tithe) of their income at stipulated periods of time? Are they not trying to follow the law as the Israelites did? Free-will offering or giving for Christians is not bound to be one-tenth, but what one decides to give (whether one-tenth or not).
On the otherhand, if one promises God a tenth of one's income at a stipulated time (every month or every two months or every year), such agreement is between the person and God. It is called VOW. it has nothing to do with the one-tenth people are subjected to pay every month in churches today.
Well said, but let me clarify some few things here. If the Holy Spirit should lead you to give one tenth of your goods to either the poor or the needy (either in the church as the body of Christ or to an un believer),then He requires you to do it joyfully and out of love. But if you do it out of selfish needs thinking God must surely increase you then you have missed the mark. Same way the Holy Spirit can instruct that you give 2% of your goods to a needy person, that is entirely up to the Spirit. If in anycase He instruct you give tenth of it to someone, don't assume the Spirit is telling you to tithe, He can equally tell you to give 50%. Now talking about Abraham's tithe to Melchizedek, Abraham had no choice than to give the tenth part of the spoils. Let's look at the definition of tithe according to the Westminster Dictionary of the Bible, “A 10th part of one’s income consecrated to God. The separation of a certain proportion of the products of one’s industry or of the spoils of war as tribute to their gods was practiced by various nations of antiquity. The Lydians offered a tithe of their booty (Herod. I, 89). The Phoenicians and Carthaginians sent a tithe annually to the Tyrian Hercules. These tithes might be regular or occasional, voluntary or prescribed by law.”6 This general tithe is of pagan origin and precedes the Mosaic Law’s tithe by many centuries. In Genesis 14 Abraham was obligated to pay a tithe from the spoils of war in obedience to the Arab war custom. In New Testament times the Roman Empire received the first tithe of ten percent of grains and twenty percent of fruit trees from its conquered subjects, including Judah.". You can do your own research on it. Tithing is an insult to the work done on the cross for by it you think you are financially secured whilst Christ ushered us into this security when He made us rich by becoming poor on the cross for us.

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by NumberOne2(m): 11:09pm On May 13, 2015
openmine:

ohh am sorry so how do u explain Malachi 3:10-12 as been preached by ur likes as punishment for not tithing...as for john 13:34,a new command was given,unfortunately u Neva understood dat scripture or failed 2 see d part where he said "love as I loved u"..so my question sud b how did Jesus show love dem in john 13:34?
was his love dat of force or a willing heart?
was there any form of intimidation on his part?..dat kind of love is simply hard 2 force on sum one...nice try but Dats had nothing 2 do wit tithes...
ohh sorry u sud have told me 2 break down my English vocab so u cud comprehend dat a punishment was given 2 dose who refused 2 tithe according 2 d mosaic law..

I NEVER quoted Malachi, it is you that did. I NEVER said God will punish non tither.
There is too much hypocrisy about this tithing. You are children of Abraham but not tithers like him. I see. Abrahams blessing are yours but not his tithes (its old testament). Perhaps you should use only NEW testament bible since OLD testament is for the JEWS.

You and your non tithing colleagues say tithing is OLD testament. In the NEW testament, early disciples gave ALL (selling lands and houses) and shared with other brethren in need. Why is this not being practiced today?
Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by openmine(m): 11:19pm On May 13, 2015
NumberOne2:
There is too much hypocrisy about this tithing. Ok, you say tithing is OLD testament. In the NEW testament, early disciples gave ALL (selling lands and houses) and shared with other brethren in need. Why is this not being practiced today?
Dats simple because most Christians r greedy and self-centered... I know of a wealthy guy who leaves home every Sunday 2 pay tithes in millions... but he has a beggar just close 2 his house and has Neva deemed it fit 2 offer dat beggar alms or some tin beta...d truth is according 2 d promises of God tru Abraham,we r not only blessed but a blessing 2 our world...
Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by NumberOne2(m): 11:26pm On May 13, 2015
openmine:

Dats simple because most Christians r greedy and self-centered... I know of a wealthy guy who leaves home every Sunday 2 pay tithes in millions... but he has a beggar just close 2 his house and has Neva deemed it fit 2 offer dat beggar alms or some tin beta...d truth is according 2 d promises of God tru Abraham,we r not only blessed but a blessing 2 our world...

Your speech is too generic and you are judging that brother (which is wrong). You know you are a Christian also so do you fall into this GREEDY and SELF-CENTERED category or have you given your ALL? This is a personal thing now. Its easy to point at others, how about YOU?
NOTE: That tithing brother will be so blessed according to Malachi 3. If he wasnt being blessed, he would have stopped tithing. He need to be taught that giving to the poor is like lending to God. God will Himself repay.
"He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the LORD; and that which he hath given will he pay him again." - Proverbs 19:17
Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by NumberOne2(m): 11:28pm On May 13, 2015
I will tell you why. Jesus said if you are faithful in little, you will be faithful in MUCH.
How can a man who CANNOT give 10% ever give 100%? Its impossible. If a christian cannot tithe, he/she cannot give all?
Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by openmine(m): 11:34pm On May 13, 2015
NumberOne2:

I NEVER quoted Malachi, it is you that did. I NEVER said God will punish non tither.
There is too much hypocrisy about this tithing. You are children of Abraham but not tithers like him. I see. Abrahams blessing are yours but not his tithes (its old testament). Perhaps you should use only NEW testament bible since OLD testament is for the JEWS.
there are several laws if not all d laws do not apply 2 new covenant Christians...even God rebuked d Jews tru Paul about deir stubborn nature in accepting grace instead of law...
its not like d Jews have d old and gentiles like us have d new....Christ died for both d Jews and gentiles...and if Christ is d end of d law 2 dem dat believe roms 10:4,I see no reason why d Jews keep sticking 2 a law dat has been abolished in God's eyes..
You and your non tithing colleagues say tithing is OLD testament. In the NEW testament, early disciples gave ALL (selling lands and houses) and shared with other brethren in need. Why is this not being practiced today?
yes u r rite...we r meant 2 practise wat d early Christians did but unfortunately, most christians hardly have time going tru scriptures but wud give it over 2 d pastors 2 handle...even d early Christians,after d teaching of d gospel,went home and studied d scriptures 2 know d truth about d msg preached...now we have lazy Christians who wud Neva study d scripture but wud only want d minister 2 tell him or her dat 'ur mega contract is on d way'!!

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by openmine(m): 11:41pm On May 13, 2015
NumberOne2:
I will tell you why. Jesus said if you are faithful in little, you will be faithful in MUCH.
How can a man who CANNOT give 10% ever give 100%? Its impossible. If a christian cannot tithe, he/she cannot give all?
Dats not true... if a christian knows dat he is blessed and no amount of giving will ever make him poor because of who he is in Christ Jesus...he will give and Neva stop giving...there is a scripture in d old testament where moses told d people of Israel 2 willingly offer gifts 2 d temple...2 his amazement, dey kept bringing and bringing gift until d room or store where d gifts were stored filled up yet people kept bringing gifts....moses had 2 stop dem because d store was already filled...mind u,Dis was not tithe or first fruit but a benevolent gesture..Dis was d same practise dat was imbibed by d early Christians...

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by openmine(m): 11:43pm On May 13, 2015
NumberOne2:
Dats not true. Dats ur own opinion.. if a christian knows dat he is blessed and no amount of giving will ever make him poor because of who he is in Christ Jesus...he will give and Neva stop giving...there is a scripture in d old testament where moses told d people of Israel 2 willing offer gifts 2 d temple...2 his amazement, dey kept bringing and bringing gifts until d room where d gifts were stored filled up yet people kept bringing gifts....moses had 2 stop dem because d store was already filled...mind u,Dis was not tithe or first fruit but a benevolent gesture..Dis was d same practise dat was imbibed by d early Christians...d love of God in us leads us 2 give,not because of wat we can get but cos of who we r in Christ Jesus..
Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by openmine(m): 11:57pm On May 13, 2015
NumberOne2:

Your speech is too generic and you are judging that brother (which is wrong). You know you are a Christian also so do you fall into this GREEDY and SELF-CENTERED category or have you given your ALL? This is a personal thing now. Its easy to point at others, how about YOU?
I believe u saw d word MOST...and yes I can only judge 4 wat I know... most christians r gullible...so will prefer 2 go pay a tithe in church even if deir loved ones are sick...wat do u call dat?
is d love of d father abiding in dat person?
NOTE: That tithing brother will be so blessed according to Malachi 3. If he wasnt being blessed, he would have stopped tithing. He need to be taught that giving to the poor is like lending to God. God will Himself repay.
"He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the LORD; and that which he hath given will he pay him again." - Proverbs 19:17
if dat same broda knew dat tithes does not in any way hinder God from blessing him, will he still pay his tithes?
giving is an act of benevolence... not expecting any tin in return wen u give...dat sud be d key for us...whether I give 2 d poor or anyone,one thing I know is dat I feel joy in my spirit for putting a smile on sum1's face...tru my giving... cos Dats wat delights God

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by brocab: 12:12am On May 14, 2015
The love of money will grow cold, you can't love Mammon and God at the same time.
If I was to tell my wife I love her, while handing over my wallet every week, {your way of proving} I love her-then my love will surely grow cold towards her as time go's by. Love isn't about money.

Giving and tithing have two different meanings, firstly tithing means a percentage, and Giving can mean less or more, we can give without money, and Jesus said he loves a cheerful giver, not a cheerful tither.
Tithing ended up being a law, that only the Levi Priesthood could collect from the people-tithing wasn't made for all men and women only the rich herdsmen and the rich farmers tithed.

Matthew 23-23 when Jesus was arguing with the Pharisees, he said who to you teachers of the Law, for you tithe with mint, dill and cumin. And have neglected the weightier matters of the law; justice and mercy and truth.
Tithers, have twisted word to sound, that the mint was the cash flow the Pharisees had tithed in.

But everyone who reads the word of God, knows the truth, the Pharisees tithe in herbs, not money.

Tithers will either take us to Malachi 3:8-10 "will a man rob God" Yet you have robbed Me! "In what way have we robbed you, in tithes and offerings. V 9 you are cursed with a cursed For you have robbed Me. V 10, bring all your tithes into the storehouse, so My people maybe fed.
The Levites were ripping of God in tithes and offerings, buying and selling and sharing the stocks amongst themselves with their love ones.

The only proof I can give you how does one love the Lord? When Jesus said give, He talks about seeking His kingdom, seeking His written word and truth, studying, searching, finding the truth about Him, this is the giving the Lord wants from His people, He is blessed, as we are blessed, Jesus wants us to know Him more, becoming closer to Him, having a relationship with Him. This is the proof I only need, to show I love the Lord.
It sounds strange saying I love the Lord, without personally knowing the Man?

I'm sure everyone who has any sort of a close relationship' here on earth knows somebody well enough, parters or friends, don't buy their love.
Love is a free gift from God Himself, God is Love, and we are all made in the image of Him.
This is the sort of relationship the Lord wants from us..

The truth will set you free..

NumberOne2:

Your statements are too sentimental for me to reply properly.
I have made reference to several scriptures but you have none except emotional outburst.

"For God so loved the world, that he GAVE his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." - John 3:16
Proof of love is in giving. You love God, where is your proof?
You love your wife so you give to her. Just keep telling her about love and not doing anything and see how long that marriage will last. Love talk is cheap.

Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by NumberOne2(m): 11:51am On May 14, 2015
brocab:

The only proof I can give you how does one love the Lord? When Jesus said give, He talks about seeking His kingdom, seeking His written word and truth, studying, searching, finding the truth about Him, this is the giving the Lord wants from His people, He is blessed, as we are blessed, Jesus wants us to know Him more, becoming closer to Him, having a relationship with Him. This is the proof I only need, to show I love the Lord.
It sounds strange saying I love the Lord, without personally knowing the Man?

"But whoso hath this world's good (wealth), and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth." - 1 John 3:17-18

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by zodiakzax: 1:56pm On May 14, 2015
NumberOne2:

pls read malachi 3 From verse 9 and you would see that God said the Jews were cursed with a curse because they profaned the old covenant(malachi 2) and they robbed God out of tithing and ordinance offerings. You people only manipulate the scriptures, you only quote what you want others to read. Plus if you have not giving your all to Lord doesn't mean others have not. The Lord told us to deny ourself and carry our cross and follow Him, maybe you don't understand this. No one is perfect here, we are all trying to walk with our Lord Jesus Christ and when we get to that maturity in Him, we would let go of all including oursleves in order to gain Christ. So it practiced today my friend.
Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by openmine(m): 3:31pm On May 14, 2015
zodiakzax:
pls read malachi 3 From verse 9 and you would see that God said the Jews were cursed with a curse because they profaned the old covenant(malachi 2) and they robbed God out of tithing and ordinance offerings. You people only manipulate the scriptures, you only quote what you want others to read. Plus if you have not giving your all to Lord doesn't mean others have not. The Lord told us to deny ourself and carry our cross and follow Him, maybe you don't understand this. No one is perfect here, we are all trying to walk with our Lord Jesus Christ and when we get to that maturity in Him, we would let go of all including oursleves in order to gain Christ. So it practiced today my friend.
bro u r rite but pls don't bother urself dat much trying 2 explain 2 him...noticed he is not straightforward about his stand...first he said tithes predates d law as Abraham did his tithe b4 d law,den he runs 2 d old covenant 2 claim d blessings and directive of a tither of d mosaic law,wen he has been upended and boxed,he turns around claiming dat we non-tithers don't give,or give like d early Christians did...Haba can't he just take a stand and follow it 2 d end,wat concerns him wit whether Christians who don't pay tithes give or not give...?

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by zodiakzax: 6:06pm On May 14, 2015
openmine:

bro u r rite but pls don't bother urself dat much trying 2 explain 2 him...noticed he is not straightforward about his stand...first he said tithes predates d law as Abraham did his tithe b4 d law,den he runs 2 d old covenant 2 claim d blessings and directive of a tither of d mosaic law,wen he has been upended and boxed,he turns around claiming dat we non-tithers don't give,or give like d early Christians did...Haba can't he just take a stand and follow it 2 d end,wat concerns him wit whether Christians who don't pay tithes give or not give...?
you are right. Thanks
Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by brocab: 9:03pm On May 14, 2015
1 John 3:16-18 By this we know Love because He laid down His life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. {This scripture is about loving your brethren} but whoever has the worlds goods and see's his brother in need and shut up His heart from Him how does the Love of God abide in him?
My Children let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.

Have you written this scripture because you believe, one can't love another without word, nor tongue, but in deed and in truth-does this scripture say to you, you can't love your neighbour without giving some sort of a proof of identity to tithe?

1 John 4:7-11, Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God: and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.
He who does not love does not know God, for God is Love. V' 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

Love never sits around doing nothing-from a word to a tongue, ends up living in deed and in truth, because God is Love.

You can beat around the bush as much as you like-prove in scripture where the Lord say's for us to tithe, and on top of that tithing monies.

As I said giving and tithing are two different meanings, so which is it, are you a tither or a giver
NumberOne2:

"But whoso hath this world's good (wealth), and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth." - 1 John 3:17-18

Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by NumberOne2(m): 9:46pm On May 14, 2015
These are the issues:
1) Malachi 3 makes promises to the tither. "rebuking the devourer and opening windows of heaven".
If a Christian (non Jew) tithes and holds on to that promise, does it mean it will NOT work cos it was for the JEWS?
2) If Abraham (non Jew) tithed and we as Christians are children of Abraham, what stops us from following his steps of faith?
3) The fact remains, Jesus or any Apostle (Jews and non Jews alike) never abolished tithing. Early disciples even went beyond tithing and gave all. Why is this not practiced today by the so called NEW conventant Christians?

When you answer these, you will begin to see the inconsistency in Non Tithing. Non tithing is an assumed position, there is NO fact about it in the Bible.
Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by brocab: 10:54pm On May 14, 2015
Then if we were to tithe the same as Abram, then we need to return stolen goods and tithe.
1}Malachi 3 the only promise's made were to the Levite priesthood, and the rich herdsmen and the farmers who obeyed God's law to tithe.

2} Galatians 3:10- For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse, for it is written. "Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them. {Do you tithe? Do you sacrifice? Do you give offerings? Do you obey all the other 612 laws given in the old testament?

3} Quote>If Abraham {non Jew} tithes and holds on to that promise, yes it does mean it won't work cos it was for the JEWS only?
Tithing back then was paid by God's rich herdsman's and farmers to the Levi priesthood, everyone got paid, because one couldn't inherit the land, they were paid by the blessings of God, rain fell upon the rich man's lands, and the Levites were paid from the tithing products-every time they obeyed, God poured out His blessings.

NOT LIKE TODAY NO ASHER'S NOT EVEN WORKERS INVOLVED IN CHURCH ACTIVITY GET PAID BY GOD?The Pastor's take all
So who is it now? Who's not following God's old tithing law? When in the early days it was common to feed the poor, the sick and the needy within the Church.
You must ask yourself' how did the Church get so far off course?

2 Corinthians 9:7, So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity for God loves a cheerful giver.

Did you hear that God loves a cheerful giver, no longer do we need to follow after a law, but a freewill giving, between the two it shows a lot of differences.
And the tithing in this day and age is not scriptural. Tithing was never money.
NumberOne2:
These are the issues:
1) Malachi 3 makes promises to the tither. "rebuking the devourer and opening windows of heaven".
If a Christian (non Jew) tithes and holds on to that promise, does it mean it will NOT work cos it was for the JEWS?
2) If Abraham (non Jew) tithed and we as Christians are children of Abraham, what stops us from following his steps of faith?
3) The fact remains, Jesus or any Apostle (Jews and non Jews alike) never abolished tithing. Early disciples even went beyond tithing and gave all. Why is this not practiced today by the so called NEW conventant Christians?

When you answer these, you will begin to see the inconsistency in Non Tithing. Non tithing is an assumed position, there is NO fact about it in the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by openmine(m): 11:32pm On May 14, 2015
NumberOne2:
These are the issues:

Please stick to ur point and defend it....u initially said u only obey and practise d tithe dat predated the law ...which was the one dat was observed by abraham..
Why do u go back 2 d dictates of d tithes(part of d mosaic law) dat was instructed 2 d jews in malachi as a guide or directive..?
the promises of malachi 3 of "rebuking d devourer and opening windows of heaven" were for the jews who were still UNDER THE LAWS OF MOSES!
30 “A tenth of all crops belongs to the Lord. This means the crops from fields and the fruit from trees—a tenth belongs to the Lord. 31 So if you want to get back your tenth, you must add one-fifth to its price and then buy it back.

32 “The priests will take every tenth animal from a person’s cattle or sheep. Every tenth animal will belong to the Lord. 33 The owner should not worry if the chosen animal is good or bad or change the animal for another animal. If this happens, both animals will belong to the Lord. That animal cannot be bought back.”

34 These are the commands that the Lord gave Moses at Mount Sinai for the Israelites.
(lev 27:30-34wink

Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. Romans 3:19
QUESTION...Are you still under d laws of moses?

..if u want 2 practice tithes according 2 d d law of moses,den do everything(all the 613 laws of moses)...dont just practice one(tithe) and leave out d rest...its as simple as that...smh sad sad

NumberOne2:
Abraham never made a compulsory or mandatory payment to king Melchizedek....it was a kind and noble gesture on d part of Abraham 2 offer that to him...AND NOTHING MORE...why are you so insistent that such a practice must be imbibed by new covenant christians today as if it was commanded on abraham....? haba sad sad

Abraham never gave the spoils of war to Melchizedek because he was applying any principle or practice or trying to gain blessings from God...he did dat as a[b] show of gratitude[/b] for been offered food and wine by king Melchizedek...please read Genesis 14 from start to finish....unless u want to tell me dat we sud go to war,come back victorious and offer a tenth of d plunder to our pastors or ministers...rite?? smh

Why are u not talking about the physical circumcision dat was commanded by God in genesis 17 as a requirement for Abraham 2 receive the promises of God...??

The practices that we must learn from abraham was his utmost faith in God because despite his old age and his inability to conceive,he still remained unshakened and staggered not at d promises of God ...That is wat we must imbibe not a one-off gesture dat had absolutely no significance of d promises of God on d life of Abraham!

NumberOne2:

Wrong again...jesus never condemned tithes or any other law of moses because he was still under d law....same as his disciples...

It was after his resurrection dat d law no longer held sway..Christ became a high priest by nullifying d laws of moses and that happened after his death and resurrection..not before...ok?

for christ is the end of the law to them that believe Romans 10:4

23 Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian of the law

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise ....Galatians 3:23-29
The early christians practiced giving out of free will and generosity and not wat dey intended to gain from such contributions....it was derived from
Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 corinthians 9:7

Whether They gave more or less shouldn't be of any importance to you because they gave out of love and a willing heart not because dey were forced or commanded to or becos they were promised "open heavens"...please take note of that...!

32 All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had. 33 With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all 34 that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35 and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need. Acts 4:32-35
Question...were d apostles insistent dat they paid tithes and also made contributions too?

NumberOne2:

I have answered your questions and much more(dats if u still have more 2 ask)....and none of ur questions have been able 2 prove why u still tithe...rather it has enlightened me with much more reasons why i sud give without being coerced,commanded(tithes) or manipulated...!
Contrary 2 ur opinions, non-tithing is for new covenant christians who desire to know d truth and how to practice giving through love ....

I can only say one thing... the era of tithe will b likened 2 d era wen a certain denomination decided 2 ban television due 2 deir acclaimed destructive tendency of television....

d rest as u know is now history. cheesy cheesy

...i urge u 2 go back and do more extensive studying of d scripture wit d guide of d spirit 2 see d error behind ur inconsistent claim of tithing ... cheesy cool grin #dtruthhurts
Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by NumberOne2(m): 11:57pm On May 14, 2015
Maybe I have not been clear enough. You see, there is a BIG difference between Abraham tithing and the law of Moses.
The Israelites were obligated or commanded to because Jacob (Isreal) vowed to tithe. see scripture below:

"And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on,
So that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the LORD be my God:
And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee." - Genesis 28:20-22

You call it spoils of war, but it was Abrahams legitimate property.
He was a man of the spirit and saw the need (not force as I have always state) to tithe to the King of Salem who Paul explained in Hebrews. (This is why I tithe).
I tithe as a seed of Abraham NOT as a Jew (Abraham was NOT a Jew). This is why I had not mentioned Malachi 3 until you brought it up.

PS: You keep missing my point because you are comparing me with Pastors that insist on tithing by force. I have share with you a deep personal revelation. Kindly meditate on it.
Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by brocab: 1:07am On May 15, 2015
The Question is do you tithe or do you give?
Next Question is, what do you tithe, and who do you tithe too?
NumberOne2:
Maybe I have not been clear enough. You see, there is a BIG difference between Abraham tithing and the law of Moses.
The Israelites were obligated or commanded to because Jacob (Isreal) vowed to tithe. see scripture below:

"And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on,
So that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the LORD be my God:
And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee." - Genesis 28:20-22

He was a man of the spirit and saw the need (not force as I have always state) to tithe to the King of Salem who Paul explained in Hebrews. (This is why I tithe).
I tithe as a seed of Abraham NOT as a Jew (Abraham was NOT a Jew). This is why I had not mentioned Malachi 3 until you brought it up.

PS: You keep missing my point because you are comparing me with Pastors that insist on tithing by force. I have share with you a deep personal revelation. Kindly meditate on it.
Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by MrPristine: 11:12am On May 15, 2015
NumberOne2:

Is there any biblical injunction to tithe as a seed of Abraham or is it your own self made doctrine
Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by openmine(m): 12:52pm On May 15, 2015
NumberOne2:
With all due respect bro,you are simply d one confusing urself..cos if you claim to know d difference,wat has a VOW by jacob have to do with abraham's generous gesture or an obligated tithe commanded by God to israel?

Many leaders and righteous men in the old covenant made VOWS in the bible using sacrifices...how does that translate to new covenant Christians...?

My problem with you is that you are yet to understand that u cant keep moving in circles..let me give u options:

1.If u want to tithe according to the tithe commanded by God in the mosaic law,then stick to it and do the rest of the laws...
OR
2.If you believe there is MORE to Abraham's generous gesture to king Melchizedek,..very simple..do wat he did by going to war and recover d loots,den meet ur
pastor whom u see as ur priest...give him d tenth and give the rest to the government like abraham did to d king of sodom...
OR
3.if you want to obey jacob's VOW to tithe...very easy...people make vows every day about paying a particular amount of funds if God can do dis or that for them...

Now you have it,i have seperated them so that you can make a quick option but dont come here and tell me all three of them are related because they are certainly not...

NumberOne2:
The Israelites were obligated or commanded to because Jacob (Isreal) vowed to tithe.
I saw this same assertion in the other tithe thread and i was shocked and tried to hold my self from not being naughty...
There is certainly no connection between jacob's vow to tithe and the tithe that was commanded by God to israel...
But come to think of it,if indeed i was to believe ur opinion dat both tithes are connected,then i can state without doubt dat jacob's tithe and the one commanded by God has been abolished by God along with other laws in hebrews 7:1-28
....Its as simple as that!
but no there is absolutely no connection whatsoever between jacob's vow and d tithe commanded by God...
And with all due respect...d scripture u provided says absolutely nothing about how d israelites were obligated to tithe because of jacob's vow...
And pls dont tell me its becos of d name dat d angel of God gave to jacob...that will sound funny and preposterous shocked shocked

NumberOne2:

see scripture below:

[i]"And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on,
Am still waiting for you to highlight in this scripture you have presented where d israelites were made to tithe because of jacob's vow...Am waiting!!

NumberOne2:
And yes,thats what it is...spoils of war,plunder...but not Abraham's legitimate property...pls read Genesis 14:22-23 so that you can understand who owns the plunder...
I repeat,Abraham went to war not as a ritual but because he went to rescue his cousin lot...he came back with war spoils...was offered food and water by King Melchizedek...in a show of appreciation,Abraham gave him a tenth of the war spoils...FINISH...END OF DISCUS!

But no,ur likes wud say there was more to it and start making comparisons...just to find reasons why you tithe when you have been boxed to a corner!
I keep asking why you ignored d part where Abraham whom u supposedly said did a tithe left with NOTHING ....YES WITH NOTHING...because after he gave Melchizedek a tenth,he gave d rest to the king of sodom..

So in other words,Abraham left without "his legitimate property"....How come?? grin grin

Please go and study dat chapter in the bible:Genesis 14 again...

NumberOne2:
Pls let me be clear with you...which spirit are you talking about? The spirit of God which is the holy spirit? or abraham's own spirit?
please don't confuse urself ohhh...Christ promised his disciples the holy spirit as their comforter after he ascended into heaven...

And yes he indeed felt the need because King Melchizedek had been benevolent enough to offer them food and wine after their victory...Abraham felt d need 2 offer him something in return by giving him a tenth of the war spoils...SIMPLE!

Paul in hebrews 7 only talked about King Melchizedek priesthood which had some similarities wit dat of jesus christ who happens to be our new high priest...

Unfortunately,dat particular part of d scripture does not say anything about why new covenant Christians must tithe...Pls take note..if u have any contrary opinion..pls bring the scripture and make show me where it was stated!

Rather d scripture made reference to the fact dat tithe was part of the mosaic law...Hebrews 7:5

After reading d beginning part of hebrews 7,why didn't you complete the entire chapter to see where God abolished the laws of Moses and made christ jesus the new high priest.?

Why didnt you go further by reading hebrews 8,9,and 10?
You just stopped where was convenient for you...rite?

NumberOne2:

You dont tithe as a seed of Abraham because tithe was not a requirement to become a seed of abraham...
God never sighted tithe as a requirement to be part of Abraham's seed...
u r the one who either mistakenly or mischievously inserted dat not God...

You became a seed of abraham as a result of christ's finished work on the cross,not because of ur tithe (Galatians 3:29)

It was also through christ jesus that the blessings of Abraham came to the gentiles(new convenant believers) (Galatians 3:14)

We are meant to use the kind of faith abraham had in God as a guide to believe in God(Galatians 3:6-9)

Please free yourself of such a blatant error!!

NumberOne2:
PS: You keep missing my point because you are comparing me with Pastors that insist on tithing by force.

I have never for once compared you with a pastor even though u strongly believe wat they say about tithes!

NumberOne2:
I have share with you a deep personal revelation. Kindly meditate on it.
Good...since its ur personal revelation,then keep doing wat u are doing...Same way other christians have their own personal revelation about giving...
If this is ur personal way of giving...please continue...No one is stopping you!
But please dont use ur personal revelation as a way of making others to tithe by lifting scriptures that have no link or relation between themselves!
Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by openmine(m): 1:14pm On May 15, 2015
MrPristine:

Is there any biblical injunction to tithe as a seed of Abraham or is it your own self made doctrine

My bros i had too shake my head several times before trying to comprehend how tithes became a prerequisite to become a seed of Abraham...

Like i always say..These tithers have never said any thing new...still the same old bandwagon....from malachi to matthew,from 1 corinthians 9 to genesis...Even sumone said tithe started on the garden of eden... grin grin grin

Am even hearing for the first time that jacob's vow to tithe was the reason why d israelites were commanded to tithe..Imagine shocked shocked grin grin

Well am still waiting for him to provide scriptures where i must tithe as a requirement to be part of Abraham's seed! sad sad
Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by NumberOne2(m): 4:43pm On May 15, 2015
As always (and I am getting tired of), English translation and comprehension has been the reason for this lenghty thread.

When I said,
I tithe AS A seed of Abraham NOT as a Jew (Abraham was NOT a Jew). This is why I had not mentioned Malachi 3 until you brought it up
did I say, I tithe TO BE as seed of Abraham? Why dont you read my comments properly.

If I pay tax AS A Nigerian, am I paying tax TO BE a Nigerian? What is it?

TO THE BIBLE: I say again, the spoils of war were Abrahams legit property. If not, will he TITHE on someone elses goods. Even the King of Sodom knew this (highlighted in BOLD below). It was Abraham that CHOSE TO RETURN those things back for personal reasons.

"And the king of Sodom said unto Abram, Give me the persons, and take the goods to thyself.
And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth,
That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:" - Genesis14:21-23

openmine:

Pls let me be clear with you...which spirit are you talking about? The spirit of God which is the holy spirit? or abraham's own spirit?
please don't confuse urself ohhh...Christ promised his disciples the holy spirit as their comforter after he ascended into heaven...
To your comments about Abraham being in the spirit, the Spirit of God (before Jesus came) did come upon men in those days. Read about Samson, David and others too many in the OLD TESTAMENT.

openmine:

It was after his resurrection dat d law no longer held sway..Christ became a high priest by nullifying d laws of moses and that happened after his death and resurrection..not before...ok?

for christ is the end of the law to them that believe Romans 10:4
This is irrelivant. Tithing PRECEEDED the Law. I have showed you this in Abraham. Abraham WAS NOT under the LAW. He was NOT a JEW.

So far, I am yet to be convinced that tithing AS A (NOT TO BE) seed of Abraham is wrong or OLD testament cos Abraham was NOT a JEW.

To the OP, tithing is relevant in the NEW convenant. However, the NEW convenant even goes beyond tithing to giving ALL (only if you can). All should be done WILLINGLY not BY FORCE. God sees the heart. He doesn't really need your goods or money. Its just a way of putting God first even in your finances.
Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by zodiakzax: 9:51pm On May 15, 2015
NumberOne2:
As always (and I am getting tired of), English translation and comprehension has been the reason for this lenghty thread.

When I said,
did I say, I tithe TO BE as seed of Abraham? Why dont you read my comments properly.

If I pay tax AS A Nigerian, am I paying tax TO BE a Nigerian? What is it?

TO THE BIBLE: I say again, the spoils of war were Abrahams legit property. If not, will he TITHE on someone elses goods. Even the King of Sodom knew this (highlighted in BOLD below). It was Abraham that CHOSE TO RETURN those things back for personal reasons.

"And the king of Sodom said unto Abram, Give me the persons, and take the goods to thyself.
And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth,
That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:" - Genesis14:21-23

To your comments about Abraham being in the spirit, the Spirit of God (before Jesus came) did come upon men in those days. Read about Samson, David and others too many in the OLD TESTAMENT.

This is irrelivant. Tithing PRECEEDED the Law. I have showed you this in Abraham. Abraham WAS NOT under the LAW. He was NOT a JEW.

So far, I am yet to be convinced that tithing AS A (NOT TO BE) seed of Abraham is wrong or OLD testament cos Abraham was NOT a JEW.

To the OP, tithing is relevant in the NEW convenant. However, the NEW convenant even goes beyond tithing to giving ALL (only if you can). All should be done WILLINGLY not BY FORCE. God sees the heart. He doesn't really need your goods or money. Its just a way of putting God first even in your finances.
My friend you are still confuse. You will be described by Paul as a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal (1con 13:1). I suggest you ask the Lord for the truth. I will continually enjoy the finished work of Christ for me on the cross, I don't pay tithes and my life and finances are great. If tithing were true by now 80percent of the christians who believe in it should be exceedingly rich. But many suffer bcs they place themselves under a curse. And that curse will destroy you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atheismus. / Prophet TB Joshua’s Disciple, Wiseman Harry, One Other Arrested (Pics) / Christianity And LGBT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 220
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.