Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,698 members, 7,813,293 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament (4161 Views)

Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment / 10 Bible Verses On Tithing / Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament by openmine(m): 10:16pm On May 15, 2015
NumberOne2:
As always (and I am getting tired of), English translation and comprehension has been the reason for this lenghty thread.

Truth is am really enjoying your merry go round(which i tink confuses YOU cheesy )...it simply tells me the kind of person that you are...keep going round in circles...when you are finished let me know

NumberOne2:
did I say, I tithe TO BE as seed of Abraham? Why dont you read my comments properly.
Who made dis statement below...
NumberOne2:
I tithe as a seed of Abraham NOT as a Jew (Abraham was NOT a Jew).
In other words,you tithe just the same way Abraham supposedly tithes for you to be recognized as his seed or better still as part of his origin...rite?
And do you have any other reason why you tithe aside from being a seed of Abraham?
Do you see how you have confused and boxed yourself to a corner??

NumberOne2:
If I pay tax AS A Nigerian, [b] am I paying tax TO BE a Nigerian? [/b] What is it?
bro you have contradicted your self enough...dont muddle urself into more confusion...And am not ready to go into that "pothole" with you
Don't compare Tax-paying to being a seed of Abraham because they dont connect...
Tax paying is obligatory...being a seed of Abraham requires faith in God...
Are you saying you must pay for some thing to be a seed of Abraham??
Are we not back to the same reason why you tithe...??

NumberOne2:
TO THE BIBLE: I say again, the spoils of war were Abrahams legit property. If not, will he TITHE on someone elses goods. Even the King of Sodom knew this (highlighted in BOLD below). It was Abraham that CHOSE TO RETURN those things back for personal reasons.

"And the king of Sodom said unto Abram, Give me the persons, and take the goods to thyself.
And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth,
That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine , lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:" - Genesis14:21-23
i tink you need a better translation to understand the meaning because it was stated in that highlighted verse by abraham that d war spoils belonged to the king of sodom...please read d highlighted below

22 But Abram said to the king of Sodom, “I promise to the Lord, the God Most High, the one who made heaven and earth. 23 I promise that I will not keep anything that is YOURS —not even a thread or a sandal strap! I don’t want you to say, ‘I made Abram rich.’

Have you seen that Abraham said it belonged to king sodom...This occurs when you hastily read the bible like a novel...the word THINE in verse 23 of genesis 14,is synonymous to ownership of possession and Abraham was using THINE to refer to king sodom as the owner of the spoils...shey you now understand who now owns the so called legit property? cool

NumberOne2:
To your comments about Abraham being in the spirit, the Spirit of God (before Jesus came) did come upon men in those days. Read about Samson, David and others too many in the OLD TESTAMENT.
That is so untrue...
Please do me and others a favour by providing old testament scriptures where the spirit of God appeared to these men that you mentioned..Thank you

NumberOne2:
This is irrelevant. Tithing PRECEEDED the Law. I have showed you this in Abraham.
And i ask again....was abraham obligated or instructed to tithe by God?
Aside Abraham's supposed tithe,can u state with scripture another individual before the law who observed the same thing that abraham did?
You can check from now till the end and you will never find a single person who paid tithes to king Melchizedek before the law was established..

NumberOne2:
Abraham WAS NOT under the LAW. He was NOT a JEW.

Your position to use a generous gesture by Abraham to use as your reason to tithe is not only erroneous but unfortunate...
One thing i can not understand is why do you after claiming that tithe preceded the law and that Abraham is not a Jew,yet you still abide by the Jewish regulation on how to tithe..You keep using the old ordinances of how to tithe according to the mosaic law...yet you claim tithe preceded the law...That my bro in English is called Hypocrisy!

NumberOne2:
So far, I am yet to be convinced that tithing AS A (NOT TO BE) seed of Abraham is wrong or OLD testament cos Abraham was NOT a JEW.

My question is what do u really understand about being a seed of Abraham?
If according to you,Abraham was not a Jew,hence he wasn't obligated to the mosaic law,then why do you still run to old covenant which has the mosaic laws as a way to justify why you tithe...?

NumberOne2:
To the OP, tithing is relevant in the NEW convenant. However, the NEW convenant even goes beyond tithing to giving ALL (only if you can). All should be done WILLINGLY not BY FORCE. God sees the heart. He doesn't really need your goods or money. Its just a way of putting God first even in your finances.
Until you understand that tithing is an obligation not free-will,you will keep making those same errors...and confuse voluntary giving for tithes
...A TITHE IS A TITHE...FREE-WILL GIVING IS FREE WILL GIVING...DONT MIX BOTH TOGETHER LIKE THOSE WHO MIX GRACE AND LAW!

I have noticed with total disappointment that you keep evading most of my questions that i asked you in previous posts..Its either because you have absolutely no answer to them or you just chose to ignore them...
One thing is certain,you have not been able to prove or point a scripture where it was commanded or obligated that you should pay tithes as a new covenant believer...

Now if just like you said previously on a particular post that it was a personal revelation,pls carry on..am not stopping you...
But pls dont hinder others from knowing the truth about tithes with you personal revelation!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat / Atheismus. / Prophet TB Joshua’s Disciple, Wiseman Harry, One Other Arrested (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.