Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,366 members, 7,826,438 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates (24628 Views)

Don’t Expect Change Till 2016 Budget Is Signed –onu / I Can't Change Nigeria Overnight – Buhari / Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by xandy84: 1:27am On May 11, 2015
It is time to play politics without bitterness. Election period has come and gone and the winner will be president of Nigeria not only those that vote for him alone. He made loads of promises and every Nigerians has every right to hold him to his promises irrespective of either they vote for him or not.
Buhari needs to learn to talk less and focus his energy of bringing the change he promise cos Nigerians will not take excuses of PDP does this or that.

ddippset:
nobody says he will be president of APC. its simple; he made campaign promises, you refused to believe his campaign promises, and voted somebody else. that person you voted lost, and then you open the gutter you call a mouth and say; baba you must keep your campaign promises! or you say 'baba one chance' what right do you have? when you were never interested in his campaign promises! dont worrry baba will be your president too, but for now just shut it; and dont jump to criticize him for every comment him makes. tanoid dougivilla.
Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by henzyl(m): 1:29am On May 11, 2015
Brugo:
angry

The unrealistic defeated group would not listen reason. They have no problems with the transformation that their saviour could not achieve in more than 5 years.

They would not question the empty promises of Jona regarding insurgency. We all remember the 6-month (and the more recent 6-week) deadline for ending insurgency. They would gladly accept the flimsy excuses for corruption and stealing. All the bungled probes and trials dont bother them.

They'd rather expect an overnight miracle to correct all the ills of the GEJ administration.

Fortunately, GMB would not even be swayed by the cries of these losers. Stealing is corruption.and he will drive home that point. One step at a time... Nigerians will experience positive Change.

Well said.

SAI BABA.
Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by henzyl(m): 1:37am On May 11, 2015
remirez07:
Dear Lord, pls don't let Nigerians regrect of voting for this fake president.... This is indeed one chance change. God pls take control...."(!_!)"

The next time you intend to comment, check your tenses and vet your spellings. Just out of curiosity, did you vote for buhari or GEJ??

Mchewww!!!
Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by just2endowed: 3:30am On May 11, 2015
Have u guys ever discussed : what ur local government doing? Or what ur councilor planning for u?

All discussion is just focus on the central while these two categories are milking us dry
Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by vanunu: 3:35am On May 11, 2015
China is great today because of manufacturing, any govt that does not lay emphasis on science and technology is already a failure. Buhari and APC does not no that and have not mentioned that. I wonder what they are coming to do, Gej has done a lot on agriculture.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by Eluwilussit(m): 4:15am On May 11, 2015
Bloody old deceiver. I was not expecting miracles. Can a man give that which he doesn't have? Only idiiots believed u, bloody liar. You just realized the importance of time and planning? You and your cronies, your supporters and all, harassed Jonathan out of office through every possible avenue, only to get the mandate and start telling us stories after stories.

You came to clean up pdp's and gej's mess. You came to show us the way. At 72, your dumb supporters claim that you have all the experience and discipline to "save" us. I laugh. A man who didn't achieve anything in the last 29 years, how can one expect you to make any difference? You and your people wanted power. You have it. I know that that's all that matters. Enjoy. Stop insulting our intelligence. Only idiiots thought you were the answer.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by Buhari1(m): 4:23am On May 11, 2015
juniormusa:
At first u said u can't promise the rescue of all the Chibok girls now we should not expect change over night..All this politicians God is watching sad

Fooool. Do u expect change to happen overnight? Get real abeg.
Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by meccuno: 4:35am On May 11, 2015
ddippset:
take your time baba, and deliver your promises. even those who did not vote for you are the first to say 'baba you must keep all your campaign promises', 'baba you must make 1 dollar equal to 1 naira'. when baba made those campaign promises, you still called his bluff and refused to vote for him. so what justification do you have to tell baba that he must keep his promises. afterall you voted for the man from otuoke. goodluck ebele jonathan made 100 campaign promises prior to the 2011 elections but did not fulfil 20% of them, so you all cut Baba Buhari some friggin slack!
I keep on seeing these statements that you didn't vote for him so you don't have any right to tell him what to do.......this has been the most ridiculous,un-intelligent and the most fooolish statement I have ever heard.....if you cherish him so much as a president,why don't you allow those who didn't vote for him to have their own president......wonder why a black man reasons like he gat no brains

2 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by tomdon(m): 4:36am On May 11, 2015
this man seems not to be getting his priorities right.
what is required is not about fathom jobs that are not widespread.
what the country needs is institutional and policy fixes.
things like a definitive stand on extravagant government spending, like cutting the presidential fleet, cutting excessive budgets, cutting down convoys travels, cutting down political holders salaries, banning politicians from going abroad for medical attention etc
Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by ocelot2006(m): 5:08am On May 11, 2015
. "You know that we used to have Nigeria Airways, Nigeria National Shipping Line, Nigeria Railways. Where are they now? Where is the infrastructure? Between then and now and what we earned in-between and what is on the ground.

“That is how efficiently how the PDP managed Nigeria in the last 16 years. Now we have invariably inherited all the problems, especially in the north east"

Hold on.....so the PDP was responsible for the demise of Nigeria Airways and co? Huh.....and what of the military regimes of old? GMB is not serious at all

2 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by Tweetbright(m): 5:10am On May 11, 2015
Just give am this month baba one chance go say he nor go fit make #1 to be equal to $1.

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by ocelot2006(m): 5:13am On May 11, 2015
ddippset:
take your time baba, and deliver your promises. even those who did not vote for you are the first to say 'baba you must keep all your campaign promises', 'baba you must make 1 dollar equal to 1 naira'. when baba made those campaign promises, you still called his bluff and refused to vote for him. so what justification do you have to tell baba that he must keep his promises. afterall you voted for the man from otuoke. goodluck ebele jonathan made 100 campaign promises prior to the 2011 elections but did not fulfil 20% of them, so you all cut Baba Buhari some friggin slack!

Was any "friggin slack" given to GEJ, especially with all those insults? Yet the man performed quite well. Be rest assured that GMB will enjoy same "support", and he MUST deliver on those campaign promises of his.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by vicadex07(m): 5:30am On May 11, 2015
Gejpresident:
Buhari has nothing to offer

u destroyed Gej government with insurgency and propaganda with ur northern elders so shall God destroy ur government till 2019

E no go better for you and your family if buhari isn't responsible for all that u claimed and Nigeria will definitely turn out better on or before 2019.

Say amen if e sure for you...by the way you shall not live to witness such improvements by then if all u spewed are lies. Can I hear another amen for that
Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by bilulu(m): 5:35am On May 11, 2015
Motolank:
It's only a dunce who will expect change overnight...

Buhari got time to explain. .. those who have been embezzling said nothing to nobody. .. they only kept getting themselves better shoes they never had.

He should just ignore those who open their mouths and release words.... and focus on his agenda for change
If its only a dunce dat will expect change overnyt why den were u expecting it overnyt from GEJ

3 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by Paschal55(m): 5:47am On May 11, 2015
I smell LIES!
Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by M4gunners: 5:49am On May 11, 2015
Glowstone:
BABA one way grin

why didn't you tell us all this before and during the election ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
Welcome to the game bro. He is the master of the game. Baba na lie oo you must start delivery as soon as you enter or else wetin happen to GEJ will happen to you. No story o.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by ddippset(m): 6:22am On May 11, 2015
xandy84:
It is time to play politics without bitterness. Election period has come and gone and the winner will be president of Nigeria not only those that vote for him alone. He made loads of promises and every Nigerians has every right to hold him to his promises irrespective of either they vote for him or not.
Buhari needs to learn to talk less and focus his energy of bringing the change he promise cos Nigerians will not take excuses of PDP does this or that.

@bolded. iam glad you realise that; election has come and gone! it's time to be realistic and know what to realistically expect of buhari. we all know buhari is right when he says he needs time but the tanoids keep trying to be mischievous by calling him babaonechance. he wont fix nigeria's problems over night. that God you realise that ELECTIONS ARE GONE, face reality and stop calling him 'babaonechance'
Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by walozanga(m): 6:26am On May 11, 2015
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....
Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by ddippset(m): 6:27am On May 11, 2015
ocelot2006:

Was any "friggin slack" given to GEJ, especially with all those insults? Yet the man performed quite well. Be rest assured that GMB will enjoy same "support", and he MUST deliver on those campaign promises of his.
and that justifies calling him babaonechance when he hasnt even assumed office? tell me gej delivered on half of his campaign promises in 2011, tell me. also tell me gej and pdp did not make unrealistic promises in 2015. if gej had won would you and other tanoids be calling him gej one chance already? when he hasnt even been sworn in? pleeeease. NB-IT'S YOUR PERSONAL OPINION THAT GEJ PERFORMED WELL.
Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by ddippset(m): 6:31am On May 11, 2015
meccuno:
I keep on seeing these statements that you didn't vote for him so you don't have any right to tell him what to do.......this has been the most ridiculous,un-intelligent and the most fooolish statement I have ever heard.....if you cherish him so much as a president,why don't you allow those who didn't vote for him to have their own president......wonder why a black man reasons like he gat no brains
lol, and you do not see anything foolish and ridiculously unintelligent in someone calling him 'babaonechance' when he hasnt even assumed office? this has to be the most hypocritical statement ever made by a 'white man'
Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by ddippset(m): 6:35am On May 11, 2015
meccuno:
he is and shoud be everybody's president. but if you're more intelligent than a black man like you say, you'd realise that's it's mainly those who didnt vote for him that are calling him names like 'babaonechance' already, when he hasnt even been sworn in. they're all now saying 'he's everybody's president'! and so it's best to kick off by calling him names? what manner of hypocrisy!
Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by Bambela(m): 6:42am On May 11, 2015
who are you telling? you die in that office. God make will make this country ungovernable as u made to GEJ. How souls died for to become president? were not aware of the situation of the country then? You form Boko Haram to the ungovernable and you think you will successful? never. I will never address you as president even at the point death rather I will address you as Boko Haram Leader stupid man

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by kuroben4real: 6:46am On May 11, 2015
ddippset:
what is the joy or benefit of accusaing someone of something he did'nt say? I would love to know the 100 promises he made
Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by kuroben4real: 6:49am On May 11, 2015
Brugo:
angry

The unrealistic defeated group would not listen reason. They have no problems with the transformation that their saviour could not achieve in more than 5 years.

They would not question the empty promises of Jona regarding insurgency. We all remember the 6-month (and the more recent 6-week) deadline for ending insurgency. They would gladly accept the flimsy excuses for corruption and stealing. All the bungled probes and trials dont bother them.

They'd rather expect an overnight miracle to correct all the ills of the GEJ administration.

Fortunately, GMB would not even be swayed by the cries of these losers. Stealing is corruption.and he will drive home that point. One step at a time... Nigerians will experience positive Change.

SAI BABA.
"sai baba". I think it's in a sorrow mood
Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by Nobody: 6:51am On May 11, 2015
nzeobi:
Nigeria needs restructuring, let every state fend for itself with resources available.
Tell me the valuable mineral resources you can find in china, japan and even england and germany if not human resources which we have in abundance.
But I don't believe Nigeria got worse last 16 years.

U have sense. u have chosen not to blindfold urself like many other Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by ddippset(m): 7:00am On May 11, 2015
kuroben4real:

what is the joy or benefit of accusaing someone of something he did'nt say? I would love to know the 100 promises he made
completion of benin-lagos road, fix electricity, sokoto-kontangora road, 2nd niger bridge, exploitation of coal deposits in kogi and benue, 35% affirmative action, ife/ijesa dam, mambilla dam in taraba, completition of east west raod, every nigeria of school age will be in school by 2015, end generator importation.these are just off the top of my head! his failed promises must be over 100. iam not holding these against him, its not easy. the president cannot keep all of his promises, it is impossible. STOP CALLING BUHARI BABAONECHANCE.
Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by kuroben4real: 7:17am On May 11, 2015
ddippset:
completion of benin-lagos road, fix electricity, sokoto-kontangora road, 2nd niger bridge, exploitation of coal deposits in kogi and benue, 35% affirmative action, ife/ijesa dam, mambilla dam in taraba, completition of east west raod, every nigeria of school age will be in school by 2015, end generator importation.these are just off the top of my head! his failed promises must be over 100. iam not holding these against him, its not easy. the president cannot keep all of his promises, it is impossible. STOP CALLING BUHARI BABAONECHANCE.
wahala! So he will force people even if they voluntarily refuse to go to school. I still think it's 1 change, sorry if it irritates you
Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by DeMekus: 7:20am On May 11, 2015
Buhari sounds scared or not too confident
Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by ocelot2006(m): 7:26am On May 11, 2015
ddippset:
and that justifies calling him babaonechance when he hasnt even assumed office? tell me gej delivered on half of his campaign promises in 2011, tell me. also tell me gej and pdp did not make unrealistic promises in 2015. if gej had won would you and other tanoids be calling him gej one chance already? when he hasnt even been sworn in? pleeeease. NB-IT'S YOUR PERSONAL OPINION THAT GEJ PERFORMED WELL.

With the way he's making up excuses for his forthcoming non performance and inability to deliver his campaign promises long before he gets to the hot seat, I think the title Baba One Chance is pretty much appropriate.
Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by hush15: 7:28am On May 11, 2015
sisnowee:
Change is gradual process..... and it is one thing at a time.

Interesting, so now we saying change is gradual, yet before elections, we wanted Jonathan to perform miracles.

honestly and no hard feelings, i think its hypocritical to say that Jonathan's government was a failure when his antecedents didn't leave a good one.

true PDP ruled the first eight years, but one question to ask is where are some of the key people that ruled then belong to now? These were the people who destroyed Nigeria in the first few year years of democracy and now they claiming change agents.

Now they wearing another outfit declaring miracles.

i think the first step to success for Buhari is to stop blaming Jonathan for the task ahead but rather confront the challenges heads on
Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by Mbediogu(m): 7:32am On May 11, 2015
psucc:
http://www.punchng.com/news/change-cant-happen-overnight-buhari/

The president elect is correct but the very first thing should be to plug the conduit pipes which I suspect will get wider under him because a lot of regional plunderers will now operate beside him at the center. He cannot see everthing because the elephant cannot see all the ants passing beneath his body, but let Allah be the president's guide.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Diezani Forfeits N4.8b Abuja Houses To Govt-the Nation / BREAKING: DSS Withdraws From Dasuki’s House / House Of Representatives Approves N30,000 As National Minimum Wage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.