Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,344 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday (2844 Views)

Why A Christian Girl Converted To Islam (Photo) / Fr. Mbaka Moving To His New Parish Yesterday - Photos / 10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by Ifeann(f): 9:23pm On May 10, 2015
Hello thesource

I happened to read your post https://www.nairaland.com/2286369/how-nearly-became-christian-yesterday

and it caught my interest, unfortunately I don't comment in the Islam for muslim section so I repost it here.

You said

There's a christian sister where i work as a printing apprentice, who we always discuss about various issues ranging from politics to religion. During our chit-chat few days ago, she stopped at a point and said brother; did you go to school at all ( she asked me this because of my modest and hardworking lifestyle) and I said yes and as a matter of fact i'm a graduate. She said are you kidding me, and i said no i'm not that i'm truly a graduate, she said what are you doing here then, and i told her that after a fruitless search for a job for good two years i decided to come and learn this printng work so that i would not just stay at home doing nothing. The next thing she told me was that ; you need Jesus in your life, you need him to deliver you from the curse. To be sincere, it got to a point that i got confused, you know being a muslim, i was like let me give it a try. Just yesterday, i followed her pastor to a CAC church because she had discussed about me with her pastor who stays very close to our shop, when we got to the church, their pastor held my hand and started praying with me. After the prayer, the pastor said: he saw Jesus behind me waiting for me to come to him, he also said he saw me at the Airport, that I should've been abroad if only i had accepted Jesus christ a long time ago, he concluded by saying; my brother you really need Jesus in your life and i told him i'd think about it. I started thinking about it till i got home yesterday, when i got home, i brought out my quran and i said "i'm not going to denounce you because of my joblessness, there's no other God except Almighty Allah". when i woke up this morning, i observed my subhi prayer and i prayed to God to shower his blessings on me. When i got to shop this morning, the sister said what's your decision now brother and i told her i was coming. Pls help me

First of all I pray your situation improves.

I read ur post and was concerned about what the pastor said to you. If the pastor truly said this then u are probably in the WRONG hands. This is the problem today. Some "Christian" who run churches feel it is okay to entice people to their churches by making saying "prophetic" things about how u would have been successful and prosperous if only u had Christ.

Yes Christ says he will meet our needs but never promised material wealth or worldly suCcess. If this were the case then all Christians will have a Bentley in the garage and a villa in Monaco.

If you chose to come to Christ because of the "sweet talking Christian" then u are most likely converting for the wrong reason.

If you chose to read the gospels (new testament) and Christ's message touches your heart then you are in the right path to truly experiencing Christ's salvation.

Be careful of false Christians, especially sweet talking church business owners who aggressively seek the contents of your pocket. However, there are also tonnes of really Good bible reading churches around who truly teach Christ's gospel and message of salvation. Christ will meet your needs and can make you wealthy. But material prosperity is not a reason to leave your religion, a tonne of atheists are rich but does that mean that Christ loves them more than Christians struggling to make a living, of course not.

I would hope that you read the gospel and become a Christian one day but your current reason is not a true one.

Peace.

26 Likes 12 Shares

Re: RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by captainBIAFRA(m): 9:26pm On May 10, 2015
grin
lol @ seeing him at airport grin

2 Likes

Re: RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by Osirimononaye(m): 9:31pm On May 10, 2015
Airport, selling re-charge card grin grin

1 Like

Re: RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by tartar9(m): 11:05pm On May 10, 2015
is this Ifeann?

1 Like

Re: RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by seemples(f): 7:55am On May 11, 2015
tartar9:
is this Ifeann?

You're surprised at your misconception! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by tartar9(m): 9:19am On May 11, 2015
seemples:

You're surprised at your misconception! grin
yea but even thou,why must it still be about/connected to Islam,shez still sick just hope shez getting cured.

1 Like

Re: RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by Rilwon: 12:31pm On May 11, 2015
Ifeann:

I would hope that you read the gospel and become a Christian one day but your current reason is not a true one.

Peace.

So, are you saying, reading the bible will automatically make one a christian?

Is the bible you read different from the one catholics are reading?

Also, if you are to recommend a good church for the guy, can you recommend the church you attend for him? which of the thousands of church do you attend?

3 Likes

Re: RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by Rilwon: 12:33pm On May 11, 2015
tartar9:
yea but even thou,why must it still be about/connected to Islam,shez still sick just hope shez getting cured.

Lol.

I was surprised too. she might get cured one day.

2 Likes

Re: RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by Ifeann(f): 3:47pm On May 11, 2015
Rilwon:

So, are you saying, reading the bible will automatically make one a christian?

Is the bible you read different from the one catholics are reading?

Also, if you are to recommend a good church for the guy, can you recommend the church you attend for him? which of the thousands of church do you attend?

Salam rilwayne001

Reading the bible does not make one automatically a Christian. I recommended he does that because its a good way to start the journey.

Again I will not recommend a church for him. There are tonnes of Good churches both orthodox and protestant/pentecostal. Having said that, it is important to warn him of the false prophets/priests/pastors who have gone into the world.

It is not easy being a Christian you need to kEep both eyes open and trust in the holy spirit.
Even Christ said be gentle as a dove and wise as the serpent.

And lastly, English is a very poor language (u will only realize this when u try learning a finer language) hence bible translations to English need expert skills and sometimes it is important to use more than one bible translation to fully understand an obscure Greek/ aramaic/ hewbrew word. I use 3 bible translations ; the Jewish orthodox translation(prefered by Jewish Christians) which has the original Hebrew juxtaposed with some English, I also use the New king James version (preferred by protestants) and the Good news version(preferred by Catholics).

I hope I answered all your questions

Shalom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by Anas09: 4:38pm On May 11, 2015
My sister ifeann, you r indeed a disciple of christ. I respect you so much. What you say is so true. If u come to christ because of what you will gain, then you have not actually come to Christ. Don't seek the gift, seek the giver of the gift.
Re: RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by Rilwon: 4:45pm On May 11, 2015
Ifeann:

Salam rilwayne001

Waalaekum

Reading the bible does not make one automatically a Christian. I recommended he does that because its a good way to start the journey.

Well, I have been reading the bible since I was 15years old, and I can't find myself in any journey. Infact, if I was a christian, I'd have left long time ago. I just finf it hard to believe that christians can't see the anomalies in it.

I believe only the ignorant muslim would read it and accept it as the word of God.

Again I will not recommend a church for him.

Why would you not? Recommending your church for him shouldn't be a problem since you are so sure that your pastor is not false. Or is your pastors one of those devil incarnate?

There are tonnes of Good churches both orthodox and protestant/pentecostal.

Can you please list them. Also, state the qualiti(es) of a good church.

Having said that, it is important to warn him of the false prophets/priests/pastors who have gone into the world.

How do you want him to distinguish between the false and the true prophets/priests/pastors? What makes you think that your pastor isn't false?

It is not easy being a Christian you need to kEep both eyes open and trust in the holy spirit.

How can you trust in the holy spirit of christian bible that has led xtianity to over 41000sects?

Even Christ said be gentle as a dove and wise as the serpent.

If we are to assume that jesus was right here, was he implying that one has to be wise as the animal that deceived eve in genesis ?

And lastly, English is a very poor language (u will only realize this when u try learning a finer language) hence bible translations to English need expert skills and sometimes it is important to use more than one bible translation to fully understand an obscure Greek/ aramaic/ hewbrew word.

So, you mean, one cannot read the english translated bible and comprehend easily??

I use 3 bible translations ; the Jewish orthodox translation(prefered by Jewish Christians) which has the original Hebrew juxtaposed with some English, I also use the New king James version (preferred by protestants) and the Good news version(preferred by Catholics).

Then, I'v some questions for you here, since you claim to be using 3 different translations, prefered by 3 different churches, following 3 not somehow incompatible doctrines or teachings:

Are Christians Messianic Jews? If not, what is the difference between a Christian and a Messianic Jew? Why do you also read the Good news version? Thought you said you are not a catholic? how can you be reading 66books Nd 73books at the same time? how come the 3translations you prefered do not agree with each other?

No.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by iamjane(f): 5:51pm On May 11, 2015
I used to think you were too lopsided, biased and bigoted. ..I thought that in order to defend your religion you would shield the wrong doers. my impression about you has changed.
You are strong though I must confess it's not easy handling the nl Muslims
Ifeann:
Hello thesource

I happened to read your post https://www.nairaland.com/2286369/how-nearly-became-christian-yesterday

and it caught my interest, unfortunately I don't comment in the Islam for muslim section so I repost it here.

You said

I read ur post and was concerned about what the pastor said to you. If the pastor truly said this then u are probably in the WRONG hands. This is the problem today. Some "Christian" who run churches feel it is okay to entice people to their churches by making saying "prophetic" things about how u would have been successful and prosperous if only u had Christ.

Yes Christ says he will meet our needs but never promised material wealth or worldly suCcess. If this were the case then all Christians will have a Bentley in the garage and a villa in Monaco.

If you chose to come to Christ because of the "sweet talking Christian" then u are most likely converting for the wrong reason.

If you chose to read the gospels (new testament) and Christ's message touches your heart then you are in the right path to truly experiencing Christ's salvation.

Be careful of false Christians, especially sweet talking church business owners who aggressively seek the contents of your pocket. However, there are also tonnes of really Good bible reading churches around who truly teach Christ's gospel and message of salvation. Christ will meet your needs and can make you wealthy. But material prosperity is not a reason to leave your religion, a tonne of atheists are rich but does that mean that Christ loves them more than Christians struggling to make a living, of course not.

Peace.
Re: RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by channelz: 6:05pm On May 11, 2015
Ifeann:
Hello thesource

Peace.
You are quite a discerning reader... You're gifted!
Re: RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by bashbabe2: 6:48pm On May 11, 2015
The brother doesn't need your help.
Your obsession with Islam and Muslims is beginning to turn to something else.
Please save yourself first because you are completely lost. I hope you find the truth before it's too late.
Stop the obsession. I keep saying involve your self with something that would really benefit you and your christian folks.
We believe in God same God jesus (ra) believed, same with all other prophets.we are on the right path
Alhamdillilah and InshaALLah nothing will make us worship what you worship. salam

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by Ifeann(f): 7:26pm On May 11, 2015
iamjane:
I used to think you were too lopsided, biased and bigoted. ..I thought that in order to defend your religion you would shield the wrong doers. my impression about you has changed.
You are strong though I must confess it's not easy handling the nl Muslims

Firstly, I am baised. We are all baised. Our interests, nature and nuture ensure we have baised opinons.

However I am not bigoted, I encourage conversation. I even appeal to Muslims to discuss issues they have with the bible. I like to learn from all sides. But I will not accept a lie from a muslim when I have read the Islamic sources and they contradict what the nairaland muslim is saying.

Finally,
If all false Christian teachers/pastors etc can all be exposed this instant I will be very happy. shielding the rotten bunch(and not exposing them with evidence) is evil but disparaging people without evidence is even worse.

Have a nice evening.
Re: RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by Ifeann(f): 7:34pm On May 11, 2015
Anas09:
My sister ifeann, you r indeed a disciple of christ. I respect you so much. What you say is so true. If u come to christ because of what you will gain, then you have not actually come to Christ. Don't seek the gift, seek the giver of the gift.

Thanks anas09. I respect you as well. U make very compelling arguments. We are lucky we have the internet to wake Muslims up about the lie they believe as well as inform Christians or otherwise about false conversion, false prophets etc.

Channelz thanks. I really appreciate how u compile those comments, and reading your comments is always a delight.
Re: RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by malvisguy212: 11:13pm On May 11, 2015
Ifeann:

Thanks anas09. I respect you as well. U make very compelling arguments. We are lucky we have the internet to wake Muslims up about the lie they believe as well as inform Christians or otherwise about false conversion, false prophets etc.

Channelz thanks. I really appreciate how u compile those comments, and reading your comments is always a delight.
God bless you for this wonderful thread.
Re: RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by Ifeann(f): 11:33pm On May 11, 2015
malvisguy212:
God bless you for this wonderful thread.

God bless you too my brother
Re: RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by Ifeann(f): 11:34pm On May 11, 2015
bashbabe2:
The brother doesn't need your help.
Your obsession with Islam and Muslims is beginning to turn to something else.
Please save yourself first because you are completely lost. I hope you find the truth before it's too late.
Stop the obsession. I keep saying involve your self with something that would really benefit you and your christian folks.
We believe in God same God jesus (ra) believed, same with all other prophets.we are on the right path
Alhamdillilah and InshaALLah nothing will make us worship what you worship. salam

calm down
Re: RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by Empiree: 1:45am On May 12, 2015
Ifeann:

However, there are also tonnes of really Good bible reading churches around who truly teach Christ's gospel and message of salvation.
Here we go again. @underlined, kindly name one.....................please.

You have basically made "takfir"(excommunication- declaring another christian apostate) on every single christian, including Popes who simply dont fit your definition of "good christian".

You claimed West are Christians because they invented modern techs. But when atrocities are linked with them, you claimed they are 'secular' and they are not following Christ.

When I pointed contradictions from your Bible versions, you said you only credit King James, catholic and Protestant versions.

But when I faulted KJV citing RSV 's schism against it, you permanently shut up.

When I pointed out various christian pastors from different denominations and their evils and money making "prophecies" and ambitions, you claimed that only Vatican is the true christian nation....following Christ.

When I posted articles from various websites like CNN how pedophilia rampant at the Vatican, you said they (pedophiles) were punished and excommunicated. That they are not following Christ.

Question now is, if Christians that commit sins and crimes are not Christians to you, then who are the real Christians: what defines a true christian since majority are pretty much anti-Christ themselves?. Your op is just another typical example. Churches, especially the Africans are based on "miracles". That's what many go to church for. Be sure to answer the question @bolded

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by Empiree: 2:04am On May 12, 2015
Ifeann:

And lastly, English is a very poor language
shocked shocked shocked . No it's not a poor language. Havent you defended it severally?

hence bible translations to English need expert skills and sometimes it is important to use more than one bible translation to fully understand an obscure Greek/ aramaic/ hewbrew word.
Frankly speaking, there is no way you can translate Bible "perfectly" anymore because you have lost the original content. It's impossible for Christians to return to monotheism in Christianity. No way.

This is why no matter how far a Muslim strays from true message of Islam, he(she) can always come back to the original since original copy is still with us. Your ONLY option is Al-Islam. Period.

As a matter of fact, you seem to have conceded to the fact that there exist distortions in the Bible and Christianity. I got you grin

I use 3 bible translations ; the Jewish orthodox translation(prefered by Jewish Christians) which has the original Hebrew juxtaposed with some English, I also use the New king James version (preferred by protestants) and the Good news version(preferred by Catholics).
Even "original Hebrew" as you called it is not spoken by Jesus(Allah's mercy and peace be upon him). Therefore, it's impossible for you to return to tawheed except you accept Islam and submit your pretty head to Allah, The Only Creator of all things.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by kay1one2(m): 8:27am On May 12, 2015
And some rats have come in to derail the thread with discourse about technicalities!
There is no power in constant repitition of religious activities like counting beads and aerobic exercises termed "praying"! Power is in Christ alone. Productive power! Not just for sustenance.
Re: RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by Anas09: 10:23pm On May 16, 2015
@empree and rilwayne. Christianity is not like Islam. There's no christian nation, but they r christians in the nations. Its personal. Not even family or community, That there so many christians in a state doesn't make that state a christain state. So that u don't attribute what the govt does to chritstianity. But they r islamic nations. U join islam and state. Christ seperated church and state. He said "Give to ceaser what belongs to ceaser and to God what belongs to God" so u see? American can't act and u put it on christians. AnD, check, before america comes in, is to intervene. The muslims don't say what they do to bring America in, they only say what American did. Some characters. Secondly, rilwon, NO one comes to christ on his own. I laf at u to say u have been reading the bible from wen u were 15. As what? As a literery text or what? You think the bible is a koran which u read as textbook? See this one. If christ wants u, today, I mean now. U be toy. U don't go to christ, he calls and draws u to himself. U r dead. A dead man does not have a will, wen he reaches out to u, u'll come alive. Just keep on. He needs u there, if u r not there the scriptures won't be fulfilled. So just go on with what u r doing. U being there confirms that the word of God is true. Those who worship man made god, having eyes but not seeing, like their god, having ears but not hearing. That's u. It just bothers me that u read the bible, which will inturn used to judge u. U'd wish, u did something abt it.
Re: RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by Empiree: 4:03am On May 17, 2015
rubbish!^

1 Like

Re: RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by Rilwayne001: 6:15am On May 17, 2015
Anas09:
@empree and rilwayne. Christianity is not like Islam. There's no christian nation, but they r christians in the nations. Its personal. Not even family or community, That there so many christians in a state doesn't make that state a christain state. So that u don't attribute what the govt does to chritstianity. But they r islamic nations. U join islam and state. Christ seperated church and state. He said "Give to ceaser what belongs to ceaser and to God what belongs to God" so u see? American can't act and u put it on christians. AnD, check, before america comes in, is to intervene. The muslims don't say what they do to bring America in, they only say what American did. Some characters. Secondly, rilwon, NO one comes to christ on his own. I laf at u to say u have been reading the bible from wen u were 15. As what? As a literery text or what? You think the bible is a koran which u read as textbook? See this one. If christ wants u, today, I mean now. U be toy. U don't go to christ, he calls and draws u to himself. U r dead. A dead man does not have a will, wen he reaches out to u, u'll come alive. Just keep on. He needs u there, if u r not there the scriptures won't be fulfilled. So just go on with what u r doing. U being there confirms that the word of God is true. Those who worship man made god, having eyes but not seeing, like their god, having ears but not hearing. That's u. It just bothers me that u read the bible, which will inturn used to judge u. U'd wish, u did something abt it.

I don't understand all this your rantings. You should simply address my post. I asked some poignant questions up there which you master ifeann is yet to address.

1 Like

Re: RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by Ifeann(f): 6:25am On May 17, 2015
Rilwayne001:

I don't understand all this your rantings. You should simply address my post. I asked some poignant questions up there which you master ifeann is yet to address.

I am nobodys master. You statement only shows the slave mentality u Muslims have. I am busy with real life stuff and will discuss with you when I can spare the time
Re: RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by Rilwayne001: 6:46am On May 17, 2015
Ifeann:

I am nobodys master.

You are their master. They praise everywhere they go, even outside the religion section.
There is even one of them that used to upload one nonsense pics where you alone couldn't be defeated by my brothers, I wonder what that clown was thinking when creating such pics. But I think they are now getting back to their senses and they all are gradually seeing your featherhead, that you know nothing but copying and pasting same old lies.

You statement only shows the slave mentality u Muslims have.

I don't have any slave mentality, only those dummkopf following you have it, if not, they'd have seen that you know nothing after you are exposed many times on this board.

I am busy with real life stuff and will discuss with you when I can spare the time

And you think I don't have life outside here? mtsheew.

4 Likes

Re: RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by channelz: 12:19pm On May 17, 2015
Rilwayne001:

There is even one of them that used to upload one nonsense pics where you alone couldn't be defeated by my brothers, I wonder what that clown was thinking when creating such pics. But I think they are now getting back to their senses and they all are gradually seeing your featherhead, that you know nothing but copying and pasting same old lies.
I took note of a comment you posted recently (I'll quote it here) which made me kinda happy as it had come from a Muslim; you're probably one of the Muslims she would like and respect if only you could be more honest and unprejudiced in allaying her concerns for the unsuspecting/unassuming individual. - Let me illustrate this:
Ifeann: I detest Islam and not muslims.
...well I read the quran and hadiths...mostly sahih hadiths ... I decided to find out more about islam...
She asked Simple Questions that were centered upon: Child Marriage (illicit sex, forced sex...) and Genocide...

She goes further to say these about some Muslims:
Ifeann: I do have muslim relatives and a few muslim friends. I love them
Muslims such as:
"No Girl Should Be Married Before 17" –Aisha Buhari
Rilwayne001:
Death penalty? NO

50years imprisonment? YES
This is quite unlike most of your brothers; and that's where the problem lies:
Ifeann: why do devout conservative muslims kill non muslims and muslims from a different sect esp the shias ahmediyyas aLevis ..etc
Response:
tar.tar9 post=32490848:
did I ever deny the punishment for apostasy in Islam
Ifeann:
Look, will u trust a known paedophile and sex addict alone with ur 9 year old child?
Responses:
Superego:
A Must read: My Thoughts on Child Marriage

Who is a child?

The day I hit puberty, I stopped being a child
RoyPCain:
my answer; ...Aisha [RA] in all qualification, rights of maturity and adulthood and privileges of a woman and wife, was not a child. age they say is but a number. i am sure you will be a child to me. seriously.
javalove:
Salam Alykun. I still don't get the meaning of this "child thing" No one would give out a woman who has not started her menses out in marriage. Some girls start their period at age 14 or 15 years. Can girls who fall into this category be called "child (ren|)"

Allah knows best.
In conclusion:
Ifeann: I also invite muslims to explain the information incase there are errors however the muslims resort to INSULTS.
Hope this helps..
Peace

4 Likes

Re: RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by obiZEAL(m): 2:20pm On May 17, 2015
Ifeann:
Hello thesource

You said

Peace.
if u r a christian and ur so intolerant about muslims like I've seen from ur from all ur previous posts...then I'll die an agnost.
the hate in ur heart towards ur fellow humans just cos an unproven god is scary.

2 Likes

Re: RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by Mintayo(m): 5:07pm On May 17, 2015
Muslims are so ignorant, there ignorance is so annoying, the Op's message is so clear but the bigotry and the blindness of these Muslims won't let them see it!
Re: RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by Ifeann(f): 7:21pm On May 17, 2015
obiZEAL:
if u r a christian and ur so intolerant about muslims like I've seen from ur from all ur previous posts...then I'll die an agnost.
the hate in ur heart towards ur fellow humans just cos an unproven god is scary.
How u die doesn't interest me.

Point of correction tho. I have no issues with Muslims only Islam

4 Likes

Re: RE: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by channelz: 9:12pm On May 17, 2015
obiZEAL:

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

MIDNIGHT Prayer-help Needed / Is Rev. 12:1-2 About Mary As The Queen Of Heaven? / Islam: Mohammed (pbuh) And The Young Age Of Aesha ( Debate)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.