Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,857 members, 7,817,541 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA (128931 Views)

Some Courses To Study In Nigeria Before Coming Over To America / 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK / Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by morpheus24: 3:53pm On May 14, 2015
DieVluit:

I agree with you, LeSudAfricaine. Many foreigners stay in secluded social "enclaves" in South Africa and you find that they do not understand the country even after years of having been there. If you do not do your homework so that you can integrate yourself into the country, you will continue being seen as a foreigner. Part of the integration process is understanding the history and social fabric of the place.

You people keep jumping from one excuse to another, why not stay on one argument.

First it was Foreigners are taking your jobs

THen it was Foreigners were stealing your women

Then it was Foreigners are committing most of the crimes

NOW ITS FOREIGNERS ARE SECLUDING THEMSELVES AND DON"T WISH TO INTEGRATE.

What about the other foreign communities of Greeks, Jews, Chinese, Indians and the likes. Why do you not comment on them?

It is very natural for a community of people to group together and integration begins when the host community reaches out the foreign community in the form of cultural exchanges dialogues and the likes. A step your government is just taking now.

Please spare us the BS.

8 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by LeSudAfricaine: 3:54pm On May 14, 2015
morpheus24:

TO the average South African every Nigerian is a failed immigrant. Its that audacity that permeates your psyche because you live in box.

If you want to know what erks me watch the below video

[flash=400, 300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HaSVZXjpUE[/flash]
You're so hellbent in proving your negative theories that you end up contradicting yourself, One minute you say South Africans are envious of Nigerians, the next you say an average South African sees Nigerians as failed immigrants. Then how on earth are we envious of people who we see as failures? You seem not to know what you wanna say, let it go bro

3 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by morpheus24: 3:55pm On May 14, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
just to add on this, another thing I've realised is that many people tend to think, that white people are all rich and blacks are all poor, which is a very simplistic and narrow way of looking at things, or all black South Africans are lazy, babaric and uneduacted, and this most of the times comes form people who have never met or who have been to South Africa

StereoTypes are a terrible thing aren't they. smiley
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Fulaman198(m): 3:57pm On May 14, 2015
morpheus24:

You people keep jumping from one excuse to another, why not stay on one argument.

What about the other foreign communities of Greeks, Jews, Chinese, Indians and the likes. Why do you not comment on them?

It is very natural for a community of people to group together and integration begins when the host community reaches out the foreign community in the form of cultural exchanges dialogues and the likes. A step your government is just taking now.

Please spare us the BS.

Thank you for this kind sir
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by MduZA: 4:00pm On May 14, 2015
morpheus24:

Please spare us the BS.

there is an excuse in every evil act
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by morpheus24: 4:05pm On May 14, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
You're so hellbent in proving your negative theories that you end up contradicting yourself, One minute you say South Africans are envious of Nigerians, the next you say an average South African sees Nigerians as failed immigrants. Then how on earth are we envious of people who we see as failures? You seem not to know what you wanna say, let it go bro

Nice try. Please review context in DieVluit's comment again

The word "failed" was used to describe an unsuccessful event in trying to immigrate into South Africa.

How can you be envious of an immigrant who failed to enter your country?

You however can be envious of an immigrant who is successful when he makes it to South Africa.

PS. Let me be very clear on this. Not All South Africans are envious of Nigerians, that would be a stupid statement. However a Hostel dwelling South African in Kwazulu Natal who shares a room with like 20 people, wakes up in the morning and right infront of him is a slew of shops and run by Nigerians parading themselves in flashy cars and picking up women on the weekends would constitute your JEALOUS TYPE.

Clear enough for you!!!

Please listen to your first lady reiterate my very comments above. Start from Minute 58:

[flash=400, 300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-36NM52ihyg[/flash]

3 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by morpheus24: 4:12pm On May 14, 2015
Fulaman198:

Thank you for this kind sir

Bros, all I am trying to do is equip Nigerians going to South Africa what they will expect when they get there.

Let me be clear again, I do not deny that there are Nigerians doing well in South Africa who are law abiding and hard working if they follow the correct path and follow the countries rules and I am friends with many of them, neither am I indicting all Black South Africans as XEnophobs.

4 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by MduZA: 4:20pm On May 14, 2015
morpheus24:

The word "failed" was used to describe an unsuccessful event in trying to immigrate into South Africa.

You however can be envious of an immigrant who is successful when he makes it to South Africa.

PS. Let me be very clear on this. Not All South Africans are envious of Nigerians, that would be a stupid statement. However a Hostel dwelling South African in Kwazulu Natal who shares a room with like 20 people, wakes up in the morning and right infront of him is a slew of shops and run by Nigerians parading themselves in flashy cars and picking up women on the weekends would constitute your JEALOUS TYPE.

Clear enough for you!!!

Please listen to your first lady reiterate my very comments above. Start from Minute 58:

[flash=400, 300]

Nigerians parading flashy cars in front of hostel dwellers.....? Lol

2 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Fulaman198(m): 4:25pm On May 14, 2015
morpheus24:

Bros, all I am trying to do is equip Nigerians going to South Africa what they will expect when they get there.

Let me be clear again, I do not deny that there are Nigerians doing well in South Africa who are law abiding and hard working if they follow the correct path and follow the countries rules and I am friends with many of them, neither am I indicting all Black South Africans as XEnophobs.

I understand your sentiments very well bros. The issue I have with South Africans is that they attack other African nationalities, but when it comes to Greeks, Indians, Chinese, British, etc etc., they act like their slaves.

4 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by morpheus24: 4:28pm On May 14, 2015
MduZA:

Well you know to us a very well rebuilt 2005 Mercedes E class is considered a flashy car.

You guys rather like those VW and BMW's

However car is car in front of a hungry man no?

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by morpheus24: 4:29pm On May 14, 2015
Fulaman198:

I understand your sentiments very well bros. The issue I have with South Africans is that they attack other African nationalities, but when it comes to Greeks, Indians, Chinese, British, etc etc., they act like their slaves.

Not to digress from the topic at hand but if you want to get a lot more understanding you must study the history of the country in depth.

Right from the beginning of its founding from Jan van Reibeck to Paul Kruger down to PW Botha......Steve Biko

2 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by LeSudAfricaine: 4:29pm On May 14, 2015
morpheus24:

Clear enough for you!!!

[flash=400, 300]

I really do not need to watch something you nitpick on the net to satisfy your bitterness, it makes no difference

You have a very sKewed perception about SA, I don't know if it's deliberate.

Where are these successful Nigerians you guys keep going on and on about? Slew of shops and flashy cars? Ha ha ha, from where I stand I really don't see them, and I've been to many places in SA,

While I do not deny that there are Nigerian professionals in SA, An average SA only sees and interact with the standindg in corner type of Nigerian, those are Nigerians we have the most in SA the unskilled ones, that's why i laugh when I hear people going on about jealousy. The professional Nigerian is few and far between they are to not enough to cause the supposed mass jealousy you think we have , We have our own successful people who drive flashy cars by the way

Contrary to popular belief, South Africans don't go about their day thinking about Nigerians, there a many immigrants in SA, get over yourselves

4 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by LeSudAfricaine: 4:32pm On May 14, 2015
Fulaman198:

talk for the sake of talking
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by LeSudAfricaine: 4:33pm On May 14, 2015
MduZA:

I'm thinking the same thing, how is that possible Mdu? Lol
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by morpheus24: 4:37pm On May 14, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
I really do not need to watch something you nitpick on the net to satisfy your bitterness, it makes no difference
You have a very sKewed perception about SA, I don't know if it's deliberate.

I don't. I talk from experience......

Place hasn't changed since the last time I was there.

LeSudAfricaine:

Where are these successful Nigerians you guys keep going on and on about? Slew of shops and flashy cars? Ha ha ha, from where I stand I really don't see them, and I've been to many places in SA,
Of course you don't see them buying up pent houses in Sandton, Camps bay, Muizenberg and the likes. They are beyond your reach.

LeSudAfricaine:

While I do not deny that there are Nigerian professionals in SA, An average SA only sees and interact with the standindg in corner type of Nigerian, those are Nigerians we have the most in SA the unskilled ones, that's why i laugh when I hear people going on about jealousy. The professional Nigerian is few and far between they are to not enough to cause the supposed mass jealousy you think we have , We have our own successful people who drive flashy cars by the way

We know you have your BEE tenderpreneurs and your ANC comrades who are doing well and drive flashy cars. We are not talking about those ones. Don't take this personal. Its not a generalization.

LeSudAfricaine:

Contrary to popular belief, South Africans don't go about their day thinking about Nigerians, there a many immigrants in SA, get over yourselves

Do you think Nairaland users even represent 10% of the Nigerian population. Most Nigerians cannot even mention any city outside of Johannesburg.

Please!

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by morpheus24: 4:39pm On May 14, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
I'm thinking the same thing, how is that possible Mdu? Lol

Please refer to my previous response to Mdu
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by LeSudAfricaine: 4:43pm On May 14, 2015
morpheus24:

There more you open your mouth, there more i'm convinced you know nothing about SA, people who drive flashy cars are only tenderpreneurs and government officials? you clearly issues against South Africans
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by LeSudAfricaine: 4:44pm On May 14, 2015
morpheus24:

There more you open your mouth, there more i'm convinced you know nothing about SA, people who drive flashy cars are only tenderpreneurs and government officials? you clearly have issues against South Africans
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by morpheus24: 4:44pm On May 14, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
There more you open your mouth, there more i'm convinced you know nothing about SA, people who drive flashy cars are only tenderpreneurs and government officials? you clearly have issues against South Africans

Test me!
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by LeSudAfricaine: 4:50pm On May 14, 2015
morpheus24:

I find it interesting that black South Africans are equated with Xenophobia, have you asked yourself what other races in SA think of you guys
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by LeSudAfricaine: 4:52pm On May 14, 2015
morpheus24:

Test me!
I ask you again, Is it only Government officials and tenderpreneurs who drive flashy cars in SA,?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by morpheus24: 5:01pm On May 14, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
I ask you again, Is it only Government officials and tenderpreneurs who drive flashy cars in SA,?

Are all working class, middle and upper class people in South Africa only Government officials and tenderpreneurs?

Please you need to stop playing st.U.P.id here.

PS...Stay on topic and give us more positive experiences and encounters you have had with Nigerians in South Africa so you can help these ones who are trying to go over there for greener pastures understand your hospitality.

Justwise is mean and will block your comments if you continue to digress.....

2 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by morpheus24: 5:05pm On May 14, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
I find it interesting that black South Africans are equated with Xenophobia, have you asked yourself what other races in SA think of you guys

Doesnt' matter, we don't really interact with them or wish any solidarity with them. They suffer from the "RACE HIERARCHY" syndrome in Africa.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by LeSudAfricaine: 5:10pm On May 14, 2015
morpheus24:

Doesnt' matter, we don't really interact with them or wish any solidarity with them. They suffer from the "RACE HIERARCHY" syndrome in Africa.
And yet white South Africans are the most worshiped on Niaraland

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by morpheus24: 5:15pm On May 14, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
And yet white South Africans are the most worshiped on Niaraland

HAHAHAHAHA!

Who told you that nonsense.

White South Africans are the weirdest breed of White people I have ever encountered, disconnected from the rest of world stuck in their very peculiar ways.

Came across some of them while studying in the UK, even the Brits think they are weird. THe Afrikaaner ones at least.

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by LeSudAfricaine: 5:21pm On May 14, 2015
morpheus24:

Are all working class, middle and upper class people in South Africa only Government officials and tenderpreneurs?

Please you need to stop playing st.U.P.id here.

PS...Stay on topic and give us more positive experiences and encounters you have had with Nigerians in South Africa so you can help these ones who are trying to go over there for greener pastures understand your hospitality.

Justwise is mean and will block your comments if you continue to digress.....
smh.... the op and the other lady SisterCaro who are Nigerians based in SA did exactly that, they helped the ones trying to go to SA by telling everyone the truth, the way things really are, by being positive and impartial, and what do you do? You come in with your usuall one sided nonsense and you spoil the thread, and now you have the nerve to tell me what I shoulld say and do?

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by LeSudAfricaine: 5:22pm On May 14, 2015
morpheus24:

HAHAHAHAHA!

Who told you that nonsense.

White South Africans are the weirdest breed of White people I have ever encountered, disconnected from the rest of world stuck in their very peculiar ways.

Came across some of them while studying in the UK, even the Brits think they are weird. THe Afrikaaner ones at least.
I don't need to be told, I see it everyday here on NL, you have a knack of disputing the truth

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by morpheus24: 5:25pm On May 14, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
smh.... the op and the other lady SisterCaro who are Nigerians based in SA did exactly that, they helped the ones trying to go to SA by telling everyone the truth, the way things really are, by being positive and impartial, and what do you do? You come in with your usuall one sided nonsense and you spoil the thread, and now you have the nerve to tell me what I shoulld say and do?

I didn't spoil anything. I simply told another side of the story. Even the OP agreed with my comments.

You guys jumped in because of your sensitivity and started digressing.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by LeSudAfricaine: 5:26pm On May 14, 2015
[quote author=morpheus24 post=33735811

Of course you don't see them buying up pent houses in Sandton, Camps bay, Muizenberg and the likes. They are beyond your reach.

[/quote] They are beyond my reach but somehow me and the hostel dwellers are jealous of them?

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by LeSudAfricaine: 5:29pm On May 14, 2015
morpheus24:

I didn't spoil anything. I simply told another side of the story. Even the OP agreed with my comments.

You guys jumped in because of your sensitivity and started digressing.
It's not because of sensitivity, we don't want lies and half truths told about our country,

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by morpheus24: 5:31pm On May 14, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
It's not because of sensitivity, we don't want lies and half truths told about our country,

Point out my lies

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (31) (Reply)

Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.