Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,713 members, 7,851,432 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:10 PM

Buhari, Tinubu And Elrufai Reach A Deal As Gbajabiamila Is Set To Emerge Speaker - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Tinubu And Elrufai Reach A Deal As Gbajabiamila Is Set To Emerge Speaker (2757 Views)

Hon Gbajabiamila Is The New Majority Leader / Femi Gbajabiamila Is About To Destroy APC. / Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Tinubu And Elrufai Reach A Deal As Gbajabiamila Is Set To Emerge Speaker by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 11, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Mogidi another Bad news for you as your enemy "don Hammer again" lipsrsealed

bros better wait till gbajabiamilla is elected before jubilating.APC has 200 seats ,PDP + OTHERS 160,and I can bet you that PDP will not vote for Gbajabiamila.All they will need is just less than 30 APC members to spoil the show and I bet you it can surely happen.Just sit and watch t6he drama unfold.If either of the northcentral or north east loses the senate presidency,they would not let the speakership go and I bet you northerners would always support one of their own.

The SS/SE legislators would never allow the SW pocket all the posts coming to the south. We will rather allow the north take all than allow the traitors have it.

Ordinary the speaker should have gone to Hon Arise of Edo state,but the greedy SW is bent on taking all the posts allocated to the south
Re: Buhari, Tinubu And Elrufai Reach A Deal As Gbajabiamila Is Set To Emerge Speaker by edogirl2: 5:30pm On May 11, 2015
Beremx:
am withh you on this one,though my support for Buhari still stands. I think people like Tinubu,El-rufai and co should not determine who becomes the speaker.

I just hate external influence.

My sister, Tinubu's push must be supported.

Nigeria is a country where if you dont ask (aggressively), you dont get. The North has inbuilt majority in both houses to defeat any Southern contestant. So, if you leave it to them, they will vote their people as Senate President and House speaker, and nothing will happen.

That is why, the South must negotiate forcefully for one of the positions.

These people are instinctively conservative. Having them dominate (which they can with their majority) will stall any form of change.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Tinubu And Elrufai Reach A Deal As Gbajabiamila Is Set To Emerge Speaker by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 11, 2015
edogirl2:

I'm so furious with these Northern political jobbers who are now telling the world the SW's contribution was only '500,000' votes. What a joke.

With the north occupying all these posts, the SS's fight for increased derivation will be dead in the water.

With Gbajabiamila, there is some hope that SS issues will receive a hearing. Northerners will not even allow it to come up for discussion.
Madam impostor please quit the deceit.You are a Yoruba woman and not from the SS,If you care so much about the SS,why not campaign for Hon Arise from edo state

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Tinubu And Elrufai Reach A Deal As Gbajabiamila Is Set To Emerge Speaker by Beremx(f): 5:36pm On May 11, 2015
chukwudi44:

Madam impostor please quit the deceit.You are a Yoruba woman and not from the SS,If you care so much about the SS,why not campaign for Hon Arise from edo state
Pa Chukwudi,why don't you contribute to the topic and stop questioning the ethnicity of the lady.

Why do chauvinists like you attack women on nairaland?
Re: Buhari, Tinubu And Elrufai Reach A Deal As Gbajabiamila Is Set To Emerge Speaker by edogirl2: 5:38pm On May 11, 2015
chukwudi44:

Not that I needed to respond to you, but I understand Mr Arise is going to the House for the first time.

The rules of the house are a bit complicated and takes a while to get to grips with. Having a fresher as a Speaker is not the best.

And why must I support someone just becos he's from Edo?

I dont see everything through a tribal lense.

Gbajabiamila is proven and tested, and was a torn in the flesh of the outgoing evil party. But, any other experienced person from the South will do.

But not a fresher.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu And Elrufai Reach A Deal As Gbajabiamila Is Set To Emerge Speaker by okiezman(m): 6:09pm On May 11, 2015
amakaobiemeka:
just watch after may 29 how he would become the new shagari and shonekan, the guy doesnt have the charisma in the first place. Its takes baba obj his antics to continue been in media touch, howmuch more gej the dullard. To the topic i think it was expected and remains the best choice. Gbajamila is refined. I think the yorubas shld now exercise patient other zones need post too. Senate should go to akume, and deputy ne.

Not everyone wants to be senile like obj... how many times have you seen usa, uk or Russia past president making noise in the media.... learn from the west

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Shaking Hands With Queen Elizabeth 2 Wks After Refusing Shaking Female Mi / Political Platform On Ait Ray Power Fm / Nigeria Army Desert Bikers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.