Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,819 members, 7,828,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Police Recover Card Readers, Laptops In Abia Estate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Recover Card Readers, Laptops In Abia Estate (511 Views)

Police Recover N18mn, $ 19,000 In Goje’s House, Says 2017 Budget Not Seized / Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase / Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Recover Card Readers, Laptops In Abia Estate by shachris01: 9:04pm On May 11, 2015
Barely one week after eight staff of the Independent National Electoral Commission in Abia State were quizzed for alleged attempt to steal card readers, the police have recovered five card readers and two laptops belonging to INEC from a hideout in Umuahia.

The recovery was said to have been made by detectives of the Zone 9 Police Command Umuahia.

The INEC materials, according to a Police source, were found in “a hidden location” in Amoba Housing Estate, Old Umuahia, following a tip off.

Our source added that the items were recovered from a location close to the residence of one of the INEC officials being interrogated by the police over the attempted card reader theft.

Six more INEC staff, including the Secretary to the Resident Electoral Commissioner, were picked up last Thursday besides two Information Communication Technology employees earlier arrested in connection with the card reader theft.

The REC, Prof. Selina Oko, said she was also informed about the recovery by the Assistant Inspector-General of Police, Zone 9, Mr Usman Gwary, on Monday.

Oko explained that she travelled outside the state, adding that she AIG inspect the recovered item when she returned to the state.

She said, “The AIG called me this morning to come and inspect some materials that were recovered but I told him that I was not in Umuahia.

“I told him that I would come to inspect them when I return.”

The Police Public Relations Officer in charge of the zone, Mr. Emmanuel Jiakponna, declined comment on the matter.

He rather demanded the source of the reporter’s information.

http://.com/discussion/1733/police-recover-card-readers-laptops-in-abia-estate/p1
Re: Police Recover Card Readers, Laptops In Abia Estate by dnawah(m): 10:15pm On May 11, 2015
God no dey sleep
Re: Police Recover Card Readers, Laptops In Abia Estate by asha80(m): 7:01am On May 12, 2015
Na Wao undecided undecided
Re: Police Recover Card Readers, Laptops In Abia Estate by focus7: 8:23am On May 12, 2015
Chei the people of this region and crimes.

(1) (Reply)

If You Are Given The Choice To Offer One Of Your Children As A Sacrifice / Aregbesola's Son Not Arrested For Money Laundering- Osun Govt / Boko Haram Members Killed In Mosul-iraq

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.