Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,078 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? (35162 Views)

Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird / Ben-Bruce Buys 'Made-In-Nigeria' Car From KIA Company (Photo) / Photos From Ben Murray-Bruce's 60th Birthday Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by Nobody: 8:44am On May 13, 2015
mbulela:

He is not saying anything we have not said here. I expect him to refuse the jumbo pay coming his way
Not to collect it and channel it to one pseudo scholarship scheme o! That 419 don reign pass.
Refuse it at source and stay in your own house for the next four years. We want to see people walk the talk. We should no longer be impressed with talk alone.

I have been advocating for years that legislative business at all levels should be part-time. No need paying people millions to go and shout yeah and neh. Then have a clown say the yeahs have it.

I agree with you. But I believe collecting and speaking against it is still better than collecting and keeping quiet. Even though it is hypocracy, it can lead to revolution and desired change. At all At all na e bad pass
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by kipesco(m): 8:44am On May 13, 2015
anwo247:
See His comments below. Most especially that Nigerian workers should earn more than European workers if we must pay our legislators more than European legislators.

All the comments are wonderful in their ways.

Can you take this away from him?

When Amaechi came to power he saw many wrongs and tried in his first year to correct but when the sweetness of the money entered his head he has done worst than any other governor.
You have seen Ben we, did not ask u to talk but u are doing the talking now. Na only u walka come. When you resume office don't forget to bring this to the floor and pursue it knowing that u will carry so many crosses including the type Jonathan carried trying to set things right.
The poor getting poorer and rich richer but I see a greater Nigeria standing out of the crowd.
When you get there tell them I told u this.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by cute9jaguy(m): 8:44am On May 13, 2015
The next assembly will be so much fun to follow. Many of them there are preaching change and in fact, many got elected based on CHANGE. Let's see if they will go there to talk change or it will be business as usual.
For Ben Bruce, he is not talking like a PDP man and hope he won't be sacked.

1 Like

Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by lynn360: 8:45am On May 13, 2015
admax:
My grouse with him is that; was he in coma for the last 5 years when Jonathan was ruling? Why forming activist now?
Do u think he would have won if he voiced this out earlier before the election, they would have frustrated his political dreams and see him as an enemy of progress, the truth is our greedy politicians don't want to see anything or any human that would stop their pockets from getting fatter(looting) which is their sole aim.. standing against something bad while in the system is actually better cos you'd be seen as a talker if done otherwise..that exactly is what this man is doing.. Let's all encourage this genuine change and give kudos to those few politicians who have the interest of the mass at heart. I believe in a better Nigeria, I don't think we've lost it entirely..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by swaggu22(m): 8:46am On May 13, 2015
I think this man is only being theoretical,until he starts making impacts we can see then I can start taking him serious.nigeria's political game is strong,to do what he says he would step on a lot of toes.
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by obailala(m): 8:46am On May 13, 2015
TDonald:
Hey Mr Bruce.... Talk less Do more
His job as a senator is to Talk Until Something Happens
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by Nobody: 8:47am On May 13, 2015
Ordinarily , poor remuneration of the legislators would make them to become willing tools in the hands of the executive arms of government at all levels , which will be using money craft incentives to buy their conscience at will to the detriment of the masses they are meant to represent . But then , since under heavy remuneration the legislators are not performing and are more of robber stamps to the executives ,therefore , I concur with Mr Bruce that legislators remuneration should be cut down between 50-80% from their current earning , thereby making the position less attractive to money merchant politicians and their leisure seekers counterparts . Legislative duties should be in the hands of true advocates of good governance and masses advocates .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by 1stola: 8:47am On May 13, 2015
[size=38pt]Make thunder fire David Mark.
Useless ROgue undecided angry
[/size]
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by ianq: 8:47am On May 13, 2015
Drgleave:
The person below me has made a very reasonable point.
Taylor86:
y

I read Ben's gallant,reasonable remarks then I took the time to read all the comments on this thread...these 2 by Drgleave and Taylor86 make the most sense to me; this is what that stark naked,half-mad scientist of old must've felt when he,in his moment of euphoric enlightenment, innocently and unknowingly coined the word- 'EUREKA!'
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by Nobody: 8:47am On May 13, 2015
Ben Bruce is preaching this lately, where has he been all this while.
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by obailala(m): 8:49am On May 13, 2015
aare07:
Where is Our TINAPA money.

Ben Bring Back our money.
Anywhere you go, whatever you do, there will always be someone whose spirit will always reject positive things undecided

Thank God people like the one I quoted are now getting out numbered
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by philips70(m): 8:51am On May 13, 2015
What I see is someone who has been among them, made money from the system and found himself going to the senate. Now he feels he have enough and doesn't need more so what can he do? As a satisfied man he feels he can contribute to the change we all have been chanting in these manner. What do we do? Echo him and urge him on because these are the kind of voices we need in politics. After all only less than a percentage of people in politics in Nigeria are saints. Yes, we all must echo and urge him on. After all Dino Melaye benefitted from the rot and later converted into a modern day saviour of the masses and many of us believe in him. We need all the voices we can get including those of sinners!

3 Likes

Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by obailala(m): 8:52am On May 13, 2015
dancok:
Ben Bruce is preaching this lately, where has he been all this while.
Why must people be opposed to positive things?

Do you just have a bad spirit within you or are you just allergic to progress?

The campaign started by Bruce is something positive which all Nigerians must support 100% if it must be effective. Asking dissenting questions like this will only dampen the momentum.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by komek(m): 8:54am On May 13, 2015
Ben is been reasonable because he has a job, most of these politicians don't have any job. That's why whenever u ask them of their occupation, the ansa u get is Politician. They are just thieves. That is why politics to them is a do or die affair and not service to the people.
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by spencekat(m): 8:56am On May 13, 2015
This is a great suggestion by the Senator-elect,but our politicians are damn greedy and will say NO to his call.
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by blackfase(m): 8:57am On May 13, 2015
We shuld refer to him as Robin Bruce then. Would b most appropriate, dont u think.....

benuejosh:
He is the Robin Hood of Nigeria.
modified* Robin Hood fought the authority to protect the masses. That exactly what Bruce is trying to do. The man is almost trying to buy my trust in him but it can't be more than Buhari. I have got my rights protected in this administration.
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by silvernus0: 8:59am On May 13, 2015
BEN 4 PRESIDENT , BEN FOR PRESIDENT.
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by Nobody: 8:59am On May 13, 2015
I like the question he posed as to why the VP,senate president etc not live in their own houses so as to save the government cost of building residential apartments worth billions of naira...no ofcus the senators cant stay in there homes because they are wicked and afraid of assasination...our senators should live amongst us so as to know the respective problems of there constituencies....but no way...they are like OBA's and celebrities that we cant see...nonsense mumu country called nigeria...
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by benuejosh: 8:59am On May 13, 2015
blackfase:

We shuld refer to him as Robin Bruce then. Would b most appropriate, dont u think.....

Gbam! All Correct!
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by Nobody: 9:00am On May 13, 2015
obailala:
Why must people be opposed to positive things?

Do you just have a bad spirit within you or are you just allergic to progress?

The campaign started by Bruce is something positive which all Nigerians must support 100% if it must be effective. Asking dissenting questions like this will only dampen the momentum.
no no brother, I like this campaign by Ben but am just pained by coming up late. I really like and support him.
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by Nobody: 9:02am On May 13, 2015
komek:
Ben is been reasonable because he has a job, most of these politicians don't have any job. That's why whenever u ask them of their occupation, the ansa u get is Politician. They are just thieves. That is why politics to them is a do or die affair and not service to the people.
gbam

1 Like

Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by Toks2008(m): 9:02am On May 13, 2015
Ben bruce my mentor and Fashola my role model. wink
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by silvernus0: 9:06am On May 13, 2015
aare07:

HE IS A MOUTH PIECE OF D PPL IN GOV. WE MUST SUPORT HIM , EXPECT D POLITICIANS TO SPONSOR ATACKS ONLINE AGAINST HIM , WEATHER OR WEATHERENT AS THEY SAY WE MUST SUPPORT SM1 WHO HAS STARTED IN THESE NOTES.
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by Nobody: 9:06am On May 13, 2015
Meanwhile ben bruce dont fail the brass people...listen to there cries and do something...
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by anonimi: 9:06am On May 13, 2015
anwo247:
See His comments below. Most especially that Nigerian workers should earn more than European workers if we must pay our legislators more than European legislators.

All the comments are wonderful in their ways.

Can you take this away from him?

Any REASONABLE Nigerian should fully endorse what he said in bold above.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by BekeeBuAgbara: 9:07am On May 13, 2015
Ben Bruce a lone voice crying in the wilderness.
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by Qmab: 9:11am On May 13, 2015
It's nice for a change for someone in the legislative to put the welfare of the people first.
I really do pray ds man's for real.
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by Drgleave: 9:13am On May 13, 2015
ianq:

I read Ben's gallant,reasonable remarks then I took the time to read all the comments on this thread...these 2 by Drgleave and Taylor86 make the most sense to me; this is what that stark naked,half-mad scientist of old must've felt when he,in his moment of euphoric enlightenment, innocently and unknowingly coined the word- 'EUREKA!'

And this what the apprentice to the scientice of old in his state of utter confusion and his mind clouded with fog of delusion replied-'Master i don't know what you've discovered but i strongly emphasize it is the greatest discovery of all mankind'.
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by sholatem(f): 9:13am On May 13, 2015
I'm sensing presidential ambition here shocked,but all dsame a spade is a spade kiss
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by sholatem(f): 9:13am On May 13, 2015
As sensing presidential ambition here shocked,but all dsame a spade is a spade kiss
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by ceemere: 9:14am On May 13, 2015
aare07:

ode! Why not pretend like u have sense undecided
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by cold(m): 9:16am On May 13, 2015
ideykwum:
That's the problem with Nigeria! Leave the messenger and accept the message!!! Are you endorsing corruption? Shouldn't someone speak against corruption if he has repented from it (assuming Ben did as you said)??

People like you annoy me a lot!!

This is what i don't get,honestly. We're all screaming the nation is corrupt,the nation must be rid of corruption. Someone is finally speaking out and they suddenly turn on him. Who is perfect? Even Buhari has made egregious errors in the past. Did that stop people from voting for him? Or is it because Ben is not in the APC and so he is not in any position to express his mind on what he feels strongly about? What is wrong with this people abeg?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PANDEF, Afenifere, Ohanaeze, Middle Belt To North: You Can’t Dictate To Us / Dunamis Church's 25th Anniversary: Gov. Ortom Lies Face Down In Worship (Photos) / Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.