Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,514 members, 7,830,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? (35179 Views)

Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird / Ben-Bruce Buys 'Made-In-Nigeria' Car From KIA Company (Photo) / Photos From Ben Murray-Bruce's 60th Birthday Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by Qmab: 9:17am On May 13, 2015
blackfase:

We shuld refer to him as Robin Bruce then. Would b most appropriate, dont u think.....
I think Bruce Almighty will be more apt.
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by Nobody: 9:18am On May 13, 2015
anwo247:
See His comments below. Most especially that Nigerian workers should earn more than European workers if we must pay our legislators more than European legislators.

All the comments are wonderful in their ways.

Can you take this away from him?

we need more voices like this........ no need to check the past, we can move forward with this kind of mentality. more reps and senators should join this train.
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by BOWOTO(m): 9:19am On May 13, 2015
ideykwum:
Thank you my bro!! You are very right! When can we Nigerians speak with one voice against corruption?? Like you said, it must be sustained by all!! I know they'd sponsor fifth columnists, like one poster above, but the voice of the people will count one day!!

Nigerians are cowards, believe me, not only cowards but also very greedy, we see curruptiom as a normal thing. I weep for this country.
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by deb(m): 9:20am On May 13, 2015
Kx:
[size=13pt]Ben is making a serious sense.

Regrettably we are so fond of doing this in Nigeria.
Somebody wakes up with fresh thoughts and cool ideas for a change and the next question you see directed at the change agent is
-have you accounted for the largess you received from govt without delivering?

1. Did Ben make sense? Yes
2. Is it when he is making proposals in the interest of the masses that he should be asked to account for his previous deeds? No
3.Should he be asked to give account of his previous deed? Yes
4. Should twitter and social media be the forum/fora for govt officials and beneficiaries to give account? No
5. Can we as a people invoke FOI and or go to court and demand accountability from past leaders and looters? Yes[/size]

YOU MAKE SENSE
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by Nobody: 9:20am On May 13, 2015
Let's hope that he gets the backing from other lawmakers and senators... Some are going to be jealous of him because he is already rich.
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by ideykwum: 9:21am On May 13, 2015
My brother, I am as lost as you! The whole issue is vexatious! Buhari, the poster child of anti-corruption has past failings too! Let's give everyone a chance to fight this monster called corruption!

cold:

This is what i don't get,honestly. We're all screaming the nation is corrupt,the nation must be rid of corruption. Someone is finally speaking out and they suddenly turn on him. Who is perfect? Even Buhari has made egregious errors in the past. Did that stop people from voting for him? Or is it because Ben is not in the APC and so he is not in any position to express his mind on what he feels strongly about? What is wrong with this people abeg?
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by Acidosis(m): 9:22am On May 13, 2015
Now this is the real agent of change, not the broom carrying demons who shut down party website after winning elections via propaganda and deceit.
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by ifeco4(m): 9:22am On May 13, 2015
I think honourable Ben is absolutely on point. I don't see reason why the few who call themselves our representative will be milking our collective wealth dry, it's high time something is done about this madness. I will categorically say that if this insanity continues together with embezzlement going on in different ministries, Nigeria can not experience any CHANGE.
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by obailala(m): 9:23am On May 13, 2015
dancok:
no no brother, I like this campaign by Ben but am just pained by coming up late. I really like and support him.
My brother please, this is not a time to question motives, this is not a time to question his intentions and this is not a time to to criticise a person who brings up a campaign that would favour the common Nigerian.

Whatever his reasons are for speaking up now is inconsequential, we need to ignore the messanger TOTALLY and grab the message. Even Jesus Christ did not start his ministry until he got to 30. Maybe Ben has just waited until he got into government before starting to speak up (his new job). Whatever the case, needs 101% support from Nigerians in this new found campaign else the campaign will never suceed. I have always said the person who will rescue Nigerians will not come from the moon, or from heaven; but the saviours will come from amongst the same den of thieves that have held us back for decades.

The moment we show the slightest sign of indifference or opposition or criticism to his cause, his other evil colleagues will capitalise on that to run him down and kill the campaign; this has happened to several others before him. But if he is supported 100% by the masses, you will be shocked that his other colleagues would want to emulate him (to win public praise) and that is the ONLY way this cause can succeed.

I remember some years back when Dino Melaye was presenting documental evidence to journalists exposing some fraud by principal officials in the NASS. But instead of public support (from the common man), what we had was people here on Nairaland criticising Dino and asking him to go solve his marital issues and that's how the case died. Nigerians need to learn strategically when and where to criticise and when to support.
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by obailala(m): 9:26am On May 13, 2015
TeeOw:
Let's hope that he gets the backing from other lawmakers and senators... Some are going to be jealous of him because he is already rich.
The only way he can get the backing of other lawmakers on this one is if the other lawmakers see that he's getting 100% support from the people... Already here on Nairaland there are already several dissenting spirits to this true agent of change and then it makes me wonder, "what do Nigerians even want?" undecided
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by baysol: 9:27am On May 13, 2015
candy:
This guy may not be perfect, but he is making perfect sense with his comments lately. Why get paid so much to represent poor people?

But the truth has been there since Lord Lugard for us. No member of the overpaid and over pampered legislators and reps can ever be rich from all these payment in the true sense of it. Let be truth be truth be said Nigerians are truly and seriously hard working lot but have been largely short-changed by the political class who even don't hard value to Nigeria. For example, in diplomatic circle most places all over the world where Nigerians reside people complain even media in some this country are anti-Nigeria and our interests and yet when this get the knowledge of our diplomats, purportedly hired by the government of Nigeria, no interest is shown as it does not bring any kobo to their table. Another one is tribal as against achievement based politics which is indeed the bane of problems across the country and seeming comatose and stunting of our collective development. There are many specifics we can delve into in this aspect. What I don't decipher is whether Nigerians arbore the truth or the truth is detestable in the society so much that what Mr Ben Bruce sound so strange and new to us all albeit spot on and necessary at this juncture in our emancipation as a people. We go all over the world and yet learn no lessons, its only after 2015 elections that Nigerians sees the phenomenal power they wield in itself through votes and the legendary peoples voice. This has been stifled for long or should I say out-rightly silenced. I could only hope that it is upgraded and sustained as far as the tempo we have gained as a result is concerned, with special reference to the incoming administration, to kick against doing things as usual-the Nigerian way of the past. This change is a new franchise that must be ensured with peoples monitoring and absolute vigilance. If we dare fail in the resolution I strongly believe it is not meant to be. It is then inevitable that other meaningful tactics or even an outright individual nations looking for what works for them which should be conducted in a peaceful manner can then be worked out among the confederates.
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by ideykwum: 9:27am On May 13, 2015
My bro, it's heartbreaking!!! Are we cursed The answer is a big NO!!! But we seem to suggest that we are in what we endorse as right! Every society that must grow, must define it's tolerances very sharply, and punish deviants without fear or foe!

BOWOTO:

Nigerians are cowards, believe me, not only cowards but also very greedy, we see curruptiom as a normal thing. I weep for this country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by Misterdhee1(m): 9:28am On May 13, 2015
The man has been voicing out the desires of the ordinary Nigerian man on the street..His statements are really appreciated. Buh In Nigeria, Words speak volume than actions..!!! someone understands wah I mean
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by baysol: 9:32am On May 13, 2015
We all know in Nigeria, the truth has been out there since Lord Lugard for us, but we chose to dodge. No member of the overpaid and over pampered legislators and reps can ever be rich from all these payment in the true sense of it. Let be truth be truth be said Nigerians are truly and seriously hard working lot but have been largely short-changed by the political class who even don't hard value to Nigeria. For example, in diplomatic circle most places all over the world where Nigerians reside people complain even media in some this country are anti-Nigeria and our interests and yet when this get the knowledge of our diplomats, purportedly hired by the government of Nigeria, no interest is shown as it does not bring any kobo to their table. Another one is tribal as against achievement based politics which is indeed the bane of problems across the country and seeming comatose and stunting of our collective development. There are many specifics we can delve into in this aspect. What I don't decipher is whether Nigerians arbore the truth or the truth is detestable in the society so much that what Mr Ben Bruce sound so strange and new to us all albeit spot on and necessary at this juncture in our emancipation as a people. We go all over the world and yet learn no lessons, its only after 2015 elections that Nigerians sees the phenomenal power they wield in itself through votes and the legendary peoples voice. This has been stifled for long or should I say out-rightly silenced. I could only hope that it is upgraded and sustained as far as the tempo we have gained as a result is concerned, with special reference to the incoming administration, to kick against doing things as usual-the Nigerian way of the past. This change is a new franchise that must be ensured with peoples monitoring and absolute vigilance. If we dare fail in the resolution I strongly believe it is not meant to be. It is then inevitable that other meaningful tactics or even an outright individual nations looking for what works for them which should be conducted in a peaceful manner can then be worked out among the confederates.
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by lurlah2014(f): 9:37am On May 13, 2015
how many of his own silverbird worker owns a house of their own
anwo247:
See His comments below. Most especially that Nigerian workers should earn more than European workers if we must pay our legislators more than European legislators.

Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by 49cents(m): 9:45am On May 13, 2015
aare07:
Where is Our TINAPA money.

Ben Bring Back our money.

I am very sorry to say this but I think the best thubg to do to move nigeria forward is to tie people like and your likers up on a steak. And shot

Anybody who supports and trust this Nigerian government and politician is an an idiot
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by Chiaka(f): 9:48am On May 13, 2015
aare07:

Shuu! wetin concern Ben Bruce with Tinapa Is like you are mistaking him for former governor of cross rivers state 'Donald Duke'

Donald duke was the one that built Tinapa, however Donald duke worked, he transformed cross rivers state in his time.
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by luxanne(f): 9:49am On May 13, 2015
Ben Murray-Bruce for senate. I still recall vividly his campaign jingle, always caught my ears.

However, seeing him campaign for senate, I wondered what his interest in polity really was...and now, reading about his fight for the masses against the government of the day which he's also part of, I can't help but give him a thumbs-up!

PREACH IT SIR!!!

More Power To Your Elbows.
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by 3Ceagle(m): 9:50am On May 13, 2015
chitop:

Let us not be deceived by ben Bruce after milking the govt and making enough money to go round his life-time and his ground children,he is now trying to teach morals 101,he should tell us how He and Akpabio triple the Ibom plaza contract before proving to be an innocent man,he that must come to equity must do so with clean hands.

Nigerians are not deceived. The fact that one of those that have benefited from the system is calling for a reasonable change is enough for you and I to support the call. Is this not what the masses has been calling for? How many of his likes has put support to this call? especially the legislators. pay attention to the massage and not the messenger. If we get it right in the future as a nation, the system will eventually extract the stolen funds one way or the other from the thieving politicians.

1 Like

Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by darqly(m): 9:55am On May 13, 2015
Public office remuneration should not be so much that it makes you insanely rich, for serving your Nation. It's service, you should receive just enough to cover your expenses and live decently, instead our elected officials prance around like Hollywood icons. In my opinion, those who do not have any meaningful sources of livelihood or some sort of career, must not be allowed to hold public office. How many of our lawmakers can draw the sort of salaries they're receiving from taxpayers, out of their personal ventures and not close shop? angry angry
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by IYANGBALI: 10:00am On May 13, 2015
I will not say anything until I know how much he is paying his staff at silverbird
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by Octaves(m): 10:03am On May 13, 2015
love you Mr Ben Bruce. No homo. may God protect you. if one third of the people in politics thought like you, Naija would be a far better place.
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by Maser: 10:04am On May 13, 2015
aare07:

Just shut up if got nothing to say. What do you know about TINAPA. I probably know more than you. Bruce has nothing to do with it. Ask Gov. Imoke and Donald Duke to lecture you. Nigeria is a place where anybody wakes up and accuses anybody of trash and everyone believes it. TINAPA is way beyond Bruce. Our polity is such that anybody that hates you can spread falsehood about you and gulible folks propagate it without asking questions. Get your lazy ass off the sofa and do a bit of research on why TINAPA is abandoned.
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by SweetSoup(m): 10:09am On May 13, 2015
Whether he is saying all this to become popular with the masses, this man is making real sense and am starting to like him...
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by Skoopy(m): 10:10am On May 13, 2015
Can't wait for the day I'll man eagle1 airliner, all of this will change.
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by Lionsclaw: 10:10am On May 13, 2015
aare07:

Stop talking like this except you are one of the elites who suck this country dry. He is saying the truth. Yes he may have been part of the system but it is good that he has seen the futility of enjoying riches alone when everyone around him is poor. Shebi you have been clamouring for change. Now Ben Bruce and Dino Melaye want to champion tje course the retogressive demon in you is out again. Or maybe you want only apc politicians to effect change. What exactly do i want
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by Geedhey(m): 10:11am On May 13, 2015
I think the NASS is shaping up nicely for the next dispensation. Guess we have some few people already calling for the cut down of cost for the Members. Only the people that have been there before will be dragging the new ones down. Cant wait for them to get in battle with one another a lot of Secret will be open. But that wont deter us from Embracing the message provided it's in respect for a greater Nigeria and not some selected few claiming to represent us. GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by otokx(m): 10:12am On May 13, 2015
OK he has my support.
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by bobbymore: 10:13am On May 13, 2015
What connection has Ben with Tinapa? None. Leave the man alone. Tinapa got killed when the sleeping Governor Liyel Imoke couldnt bring it to limelight like Donald Duke since it was not his pet project. Period.

ideykwum:
That's the problem with Nigeria! Leave the messenger and accept the message!!! Are you endorsing corruption? Shouldn't someone speak against corruption if he has repented from it (assuming Ben did as you said)??

People like you annoy me a lot!!

Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by Lionsclaw: 10:17am On May 13, 2015
joseph1832:
He's a lone voice out of many. I will not be surprised if his voice is drowned by the time he gets into the NASS.

There are many there who are not people/Nigeria friendly, people whose aim is to collect and collect.

Anyway, I wish him the best. If truly he has passion for his people, that is something we will know as time goes by.
No bros Dino Melaye is with him on this. And the beautiful thing is that one is PDP and the other is APC. Most of the are tired of travelling out to see beautiful eurpoean countries that are not half way richer than Nigeria. What is the use of keeping a mansion wen it is surrounded by bush and huts with bad road after their castle gates
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by Skoopy(m): 10:20am On May 13, 2015
AnneMomoh:
This campaign must be sustained
Areyoureallythatpretty?

Dahm............
Re: Can You Take This Away From Ben Bruce? by omarhlichanwa: 10:20am On May 13, 2015
Our ogas @ d top,shea una dey hear?
anwo247:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Breaking: Fayemi In Early Lead / Osun Election: Couple Not Allowed To Cast Their Votes / Nigerian Air Force Bombs Boko Haram Terrorists During A Meeting (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.