Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,795 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

Buhari And The Challenge Of Unpaid Salaries - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari And The Challenge Of Unpaid Salaries (20578 Views)

Kogi Worker Results To Online Begging After 2 Years Of Unpaid Salaries (Photo) / First Week In Opposition: PDP Struggles With The Challenge Of New Status! / We Voted APC Because Of Unpaid Salaries – Benue Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari And The Challenge Of Unpaid Salaries by coldFLARES1(m): 7:04pm On May 13, 2015
I did not vote Buhari to offer bail-out to some irresponsible state administrators! One would expect state governments to take steps not limited to: sacking some workforce, drastic reduction in the number of aides, pay-cut for all categories of employees, embargo on employment and promotions, a shore-up of IGR, but no! Everyone wants a bail-out yet we would all come back to express outrage if the only score-card available after 4yrs is the payment of salaries.
Re: Buhari And The Challenge Of Unpaid Salaries by Emenahagos02(m): 7:29pm On May 13, 2015
Noooo!!!!! I will quote you oooo....... Affirmative....
Pavarottii:

Embezzled by who? Please give me names and cases.
Am not sure u know wat the past leaders before GEJ did, but I don't blame u because none of them signed the FOI bill, so u really knew nothing baq den my dear.
And am still waiting for names, and don't forget no president ever in the history of Nigeria has performed like GEJ, in all sectors. If u doubt it, google is just on ur fone, u really need to be informed, and no body has ever invested in agriculture, power, security, roads like GEJ, so that's where the mone went to, so am wondering who and wat was embezzled or don't even quote me.

Re: Buhari And The Challenge Of Unpaid Salaries by ishowla: 7:29pm On May 13, 2015
Let's this $20b found first. It can solve a lot in Nigeria's problems
Re: Buhari And The Challenge Of Unpaid Salaries by Richy4all(m): 8:06pm On May 13, 2015
Dewze:
Why is it that Nigerian journalists do not know how to summarize and make their points early enough in their write up. For crying out loud, why spend half of your write up talking about all the problems in Nigeria like we do not know them already. You only end up making your article unnecessarily long, tedious and boring.
I tire o
Re: Buhari And The Challenge Of Unpaid Salaries by Bevista: 8:33pm On May 13, 2015
Sweetguy25:
I know what I'm saying. The Nigerian government has the ability and authority to create money(naira) by fiat.
There is something called quantitative easing, its a monetary policy instrument used by government to stimulate the economy.
The Nigerian government should adopt such policies to solve some of their expenditure problems. The United states of America does the same thing.
Your comment tells me you have an Economics or/and Finance background.

Do you think the Nigerian economy can handle the resultant inflation from QE? Remember, the US and Europe were in Deflation mode, and were looking for some form of Inflation, hence the QE. There will also be the problem of an efficient Transmission mechanism, else most of the newly 'created' money will find its way into Financial Markets rather than the Real Economy.

On your comments about the US budgeting system, you have to remember that the US is a developed country, hence most of the Infrastructure are already in place. Nigeria as a developing country needs to spend as much as it can on capital projects (infrastructure) so as to create the base for sustainable development.

In summary, the circumstances between the Nigerian economy and that of the US are a bit different and thus require different economic models.
Re: Buhari And The Challenge Of Unpaid Salaries by AreaFada2: 8:37pm On May 13, 2015
Ayomivic:

all those yeye governors should be probed. If they can pay salaries what were they use their allocation for? They did not have money to pay salaries but they have money to campaing?
Fact is many states should never have been created. Waste of money on bureaucracy. Some states in India have about 60 million people.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The Challenge Of Unpaid Salaries by emthan: 9:28pm On May 13, 2015
The writer tries as much as he can 2 exonorate Raulf Aragbosola in his piece. Obviously speaking and writing as an APC supporter. The question is if FG reduced budget alocation 2 states by 40%, does that make a state systematically entitle 2 owe salaries? FG sends allocation to states as provided in the constitution. It is the duty of the states to budget based on what they have. Everything thing is blamed on the FG while states are given a secred cow option. The last a checked, states govt does not consult the FG when it wants to employ or award contracts for projects yet puts the blame or ignorantly, we blame FG 4 woes from these states. To think of it, when some of the Governors and politicians shout the state of Nigerian Economy and how PDP ran it down I ask what part are they not in it? Are they not also in government whether in opposition or in the rulling party? Did they not make a decision? So, it means they are also talking about themselves- how they contributed to the problem. We should as people at this stage learn how to channel blames or if best, how to proffer solution.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The Challenge Of Unpaid Salaries by tessylove2(f): 9:40pm On May 13, 2015
[quote author=AbuQatadah post=33703439][/quote]Lol
Re: Buhari And The Challenge Of Unpaid Salaries by atlwireles: 9:46pm On May 13, 2015
4Play:
This thread makes me laugh and is so predictable. Few weeks ago I said that because the expectations created by the incoming regime were unrealistic, they would have to find a way of managing expectations which would require claiming that the old regime had "finished all the money".

Anyone with a modicum of sense would realise that Nigeria subsists on a diet of daily, mostly oil, revenue. Unless GEJ is taking the oil wells with him back to Otuoke, the fiscal situation now is no worse than it was in March when we were being promised heaven and earth. Oil prices are higher than they were in March.

It's also important to note that we were fed with a lot of outlandish claims such as $49bn missing in an 18 month period. Even taking into consideration the fall in oil prices, why are we now being led to believe that this otherwise stolen revenue would no longer be generated after May 29?
Re: Buhari And The Challenge Of Unpaid Salaries by Sweetguy25: 12:14am On May 14, 2015
akhis:

The policy of quantitative easing is right but our CBN here and financial guys can not handle it. All you will see is the inverse of it by creating more inflation on the long run which ought not to be

It can't cause inflation if it is managed properly.
Re: Buhari And The Challenge Of Unpaid Salaries by Sweetguy25: 1:03am On May 14, 2015
Bevista:
Your comment tells me you have an Economics or/and Finance background.

Do you think the Nigerian economy can handle the resultant inflation from QE? Remember, the US and Europe were in Deflation mode, and were looking for some form of Inflation, hence the QE. There will also be the problem of an efficient Transmission mechanism, else most of the newly 'created' money will find its way into Financial Markets rather than the Real Economy.

On your comments about the US budgeting system, you have to remember that the US is a developed country, hence most of the Infrastructure are already in place. Nigeria as a developing country needs to spend as much as it can on capital projects (infrastructure) so as to create the base for sustainable development.

In summary, the circumstances between the Nigerian economy and that of the US are a bit different and thus require different economic models.

I don't think QE is used for the sole purpose of curtailing deflation, it can also be used to stimulate productivity and employment during periods of recession. The banks will be the major transmission mechanism and the CBN will ensure that the money trickles down to the real sector by maintaining that the banks lend money at very low interest rates to the real sector. They can also be used by governments to supplement budgetary deficits under certain circumstances. For instance, what stops the government from using such methods to pay salaries?

On the United states budgeting system, the US being a developed country doesn't mean that they don't have infrastructure needs. However, the recurrent needs of the federal government are overwhelming and all capital expenses are catered for by the states. That is fiscal federalism at work.
Re: Buhari And The Challenge Of Unpaid Salaries by jumper524(m): 7:43am On May 14, 2015
Sweetguy25:
The commentator made a grave error by saying that the united states operates a better budgetary system than Nigeria.
If I'm right, the US has a budget of about 3 trillion dollars (about 500 trillion naira) and over 90 percent of the budget is spent on recurrent expenditure. I doubt if the US federal government budgets on capital expenditure.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Nigerian budget.

I know what I'm saying. The Nigerian government has the ability and authority to create money(naira) by fiat.
There is something called quantitative easing, its a monetary policy instrument used by government to stimulate the economy.
The Nigerian government should adopt such policies to solve some of their expenditure problems. The United states of America does the same thing.

Re: Buhari And The Challenge Of Unpaid Salaries by MrP7: 11:54am On May 14, 2015
This writer should stop writing full stop
This is poorly greed by both APC and PDP politicians, no salaries but they have private jets and can spend millions during campaign.
No salaries but large convoys, please stop blaming any political party their both the same.
Rubbish write up I'm tired of not reading objective and sincere articles

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

KING Center: We Didn't Give Buhari Any Award - Pic / Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed / Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.