Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (709921 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:33pm On Jun 22, 2015
hottyarewa:
. I av seen and rplied u.

okay.. I got it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:35pm On Jun 22, 2015
DanjaNinja:

Thx bro. Will give it a try and post my experience.

let's give the thanks to God. You will enjoy the surf and make sure you enable it on your profile...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:37pm On Jun 22, 2015
tayoamos:
Pls I made an hotel reservation for a US trip for someone but she didn't make use of the hotel when she got there, she preferred to stay with her friend in the US but i entered my MasterCard details while making the reservation and I didn't cancel the reservation
My concern now is that will the hotel not debit my account since I already made the reservation and we didn't cancel it. Will my account not be debited ?

I think if you book for reservation and you didn't pay before deadline you wont be charge and the reservation will be cancelled.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:40pm On Jun 22, 2015
warriboy21:
pls bosses
...can i schedule a date without paying for sevis and pay it later...? also what wud i need to take to gtbank to pay d visa fee

thankss

my guy you will need to take me to gtbank and pay the visa fee ooo so that i will help you talk hahahahha gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Cyclotron: 1:23pm On Jun 22, 2015
buzibiza:
what @bbdd meant is dat ur internship serves as work experience. You also don't have to check any of those implicating questions or else... My housemanship and medical officer job during my NYSC plus my present job all served as work experience for me. Hope u clarified smiley

Thanks a lot. Its beta this way and not "who send you work?" smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 1:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
Crazy generation. Fake humans. Disobliging. Impatient. Tah!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
Cyclotron:

Thanks a lot. Its beta this way and not "who send you work?" smiley
Its OK bro..He wasn't meant to talk that way but he passed the message...

*I see @Kenkool viewing,..Thanks for today @tosynbolade

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by gik56: 1:48pm On Jun 22, 2015
Goodafternoon house, i must commend everyone on this thread; you all have been doing a fantastic job; as you lend a helping hand to people in need God will continue to take care of your own needs too. I just need advise on something, i have been admitted to the Murray State University for a Masters in Agriculture Program. The Course i applied for was Agriculture/Agribusiness Economics and this was what was stated on my letter of admission from school but when my I20 came with the letter; my major there was stated as Agriculture, Agriculture Operations; i have called my admission officer and asked about this and she said the Agriculture, Agriculture Operations stated on my I20 is just a general name for all agriculture masters program and thats how they state it on the I20 that i would still be doing my Agriculture, Agribusiness Economics in School. My concern now is i have been told its my I20 that would be collected by the VO; should i prepare for answers related to the course stated on my I20 or the one stated in the letter. I have been told by a friend who has gotten his visa that i should prepare for answers relating to Agriculture, Agribusiness Economics; just a little concerned if the VO sees am stating something different from what he sees on the I20 which is Agriculture, Agriculture Operations. I just need clearification. Thank you Sirs.......PLEASE SIRS I NEED MORE ANSWERS!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by hottyarewa(f): 1:54pm On Jun 22, 2015
Walspring:

okay. I got it.
. Can u check ur box nw,can we chat sumwia else aprt 4m dia? I can't stay online dia 4 tew long,so my replys can b fast.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 1:57pm On Jun 22, 2015
gik56:
Goodafternoon house, i must... the VO sees am stating something different from what he sees on the I20 which is Agriculture, Agriculture Operations. I just need clearification. Thank you Sirs.......PLEASE SIRS I NEED MORE ANSWERS!

You need not worry. I graduated from a department with two different majors in Ife. Yet, our admission letters read same thing. You will be fine.

Well, for the purpose of the VO, you might as well explain what your admission officer told you. However, getting to print the correspondences won't be a bad idea. I suggest that, please.

Importantly, you should know that you are the one that will determine the course of the interview. If the VO asks you what you have been admitted for, tell him/her you desired course and that it's just a school policy to write that on the I20. You are fine.

Hakuna matata.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 22, 2015
godG:
Crazy generation. Fake humans. Disobliging. Impatient. Tah!
grin Hope you've settled the accommodation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 2:02pm On Jun 22, 2015
slimmy05:
grin Hope you've settled the accommodation

Yes o. Albeit, partially. Going by your tip. I want to chill till I get my traveling itinerary before putting pressure on dem African Students. I have been told to chill till I enter.

Tentatively before getting things sorted out by my African brothers grin , I will stay with an American family for a week or so. No vex say I never update you jare. How ur PhD shots coming up?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by tosynbolade(m): 2:04pm On Jun 22, 2015
profojah:

Its OK bro..He wasn't meant to talk that way but he passed the message...

*I see @Kenkool viewing,..Thanks for today @tosynbolade

U are welcome bro. I hope I have been resourceful.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by gik56: 2:06pm On Jun 22, 2015
thank you sir, God bless you
godG:

You need not worry. I graduated from a department with two different majors in Ife. Yet, our admission letters read same thing. You will be fine.

Well, for the purpose of the VO, you might as well explain what your admission officer told you. However, getting to print the correspondences won't be a bad idea. I suggest that, please.

Importantly, you should know that you are the one that will determine the course of the interview. If the VO asks you what you have been admitted for, tell him/her you desired course and that it's just a school policy to write that on the I20. You are fine.

Hakuna matata.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 22, 2015
godG:

Yes o. Albeit, partially. Going by your tip. I want to chill till I get my traveling itinerary before putting pressure on dem African Students. I have been told to chill till I enter.

Tentatively before getting things sorted out by my African brothers grin , I will stay with an American family for a week or so. No vex say I never update you jare. How ur PhD shots coming up?
that's good. It's a nice state with lots of freebies. My fall semester will determine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by briefty(f): 2:14pm On Jun 22, 2015
Walspring:

Yes... For that under bridge is opposite Awolowo house.. You enter inside the building and ask for where they take passport..
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by HoneyBronzed: 2:14pm On Jun 22, 2015
Walspring:

my guy you will need to take me to gtbank and pay the visa fee ooo so that i will help you talk hahahahha gringringrin

Please I just scheduled my appointment for the 15th of July, is that the end of my application process? Are they to email me any invitation or something?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by rosey11: 2:28pm On Jun 22, 2015
Just collected my I20..how do I pay the sevis fee? Pls what are the required steps for paying?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by happney65: 2:34pm On Jun 22, 2015
rosey11:
Just collected my I20..how do I pay the sevis fee? Pls what are the required steps for paying?

Walspring oya come ohh..come help this Guy do am..Your attention needed here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by DanjaNinja(m): 3:17pm On Jun 22, 2015
happney65:

Exactly,And that is why he is here asking questions..He might not have any idea about the difference in both Exams that is why he is asking..We all started from somewhere..We all Did!!!

Please lets be objective here and cut @bbdd some slack. He has some valid point that we all need to consider. While his response was a bit strongly worded, it is what it is - The truth. I know we all started somewhere and no one knows it all and no one ever will. Even the professionals on this thread were once complete novices who knew nothing. However the idea is that you need to at least make some effort to try figure out the basics on your own before asking questions. I fully acknowledge that in the process of learning, that no question is silly but there's a subtle difference - some questions show initiative and a strong desire to learn while others seemingly valid and logical, show complete lack of initiative and complete laziness on the part of the poster. For example the question "GRE and TOEFL, are they the same?" while seemingly valid, it also subtly shows that poster has made no single attempt on his/her own to try to understand the basics. We might argue that the poster is a complete novice and should not be scolded but common!!! lets be realistic here, while such questions are permissible they should not be acceptable. If you cannot at least google it up, how do you even pass the exam?. I mean, have you seen the verbal section of the GRE? Does it look friendly? Who would bail you out?

A better alternative would involve at least making an attempt by using google. Then if you still don't understand after using google, you are completely free to come on here and ask for clarification with emphasis stating that "although i checked the website, i still don't understand". That my friends shows that you have at least made an attempt and that makes all the difference.

I run a thread on nairaland titled "How to achieve high scores on the GRE". In that thread, i shared my GRE experience and tips on what i feel could help anyone achieve high scores. As part of the post, i included detailed explanations of how one could obtain GRE and TOEFL ebooks by sending blank mails to selfstudy360@gmail.com and selfstudy.version2@gmail.com. Yet, would you believe that i receive countless mails from those who claim to have visited the thread asking me for instructions on how to get the GRE ebooks? I even got a mail from someone asking me "how to achieve high scores"!!!!!!!! Like wtf? Kill me already!!!! After my detailed and extensive post, you ask this? It begs the question, did you even read my post? If you did, why ask rhetorical questions?

You think @bbdd is aggressive? Trust me, in life you will encounter situations where either you will not find anyone willing to help you or you will not find anyone with comparable expertise in solving your problem. In such situations, What do you do? Give up and cry or Roll up your sleeves and take the bull by the horn by using your initiative.

TLDR (too long, didn't read): I agree with bbdd. Please before asking questions, do some basic research. You will get more positive responses to your inquiry if you indicate that you have put in some effort but still cannot make any progress. For most times, while your questions may seem utterly impossible, the answers are just one click away.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by annabee(f): 3:20pm On Jun 22, 2015
tayoamos:
Pls I made an hotel reservation for a US trip for someone but she didn't make use of the hotel when she got there, she preferred to stay with her friend in the US but i entered my MasterCard details while making the reservation and I didn't cancel the reservation
My concern now is that will the hotel not debit my account since I already made the reservation and we didn't cancel it. Will my account not be debited ?
It depends on the hotel's cancellation policy. Some says free cancellation 24hrs/48hrs before check in. If you didn't cancel, you will be charged for a night.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 3:29pm On Jun 22, 2015
texrem:

yes u can.......I paid mine on friday.....but I've already scheduled an appointment at the embassy before paying . ..
OK thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 3:31pm On Jun 22, 2015
Stewee:

Well 2 Kaplan students had their visas approved the day I had my interview but the VO couldn't issue their visa, he gave them a letter to come back and drop their passports off when they musta paid it and it has reflected. I think the VO said it's against the law of the U.S. To issue visas without paying for SEVIS.

OK boss. I kn I will have to pay sevis. It's just booking interview dat matters now
Thanks boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 3:37pm On Jun 22, 2015
Walspring:

Walspring ma real guy smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by adanduka: 3:54pm On Jun 22, 2015
HoneyBronzed:

Please I just scheduled my appointment for the 15th of July, is that the end of my application process? Are they to email me any invitation or something?

15th of July is your interview date.
Your appointment confirmation printout is your invitation letter.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by gsun: 4:20pm On Jun 22, 2015
Dear house,
Thank y’all for the help you are rendering to others in here.

I have a bit of problem. And here is my case:
I got a PhD offer with an engineering department at a public University in the US. In the offer it was stated that funding is not guaranteed for now that the department will try to match me with Professors having grants in line with my interest to be my advisors so I could get funding from working with them. For that reason, I moved on to accept the offer, considering that I had applied to two schools under harsh conditions and later on the lower ranked school sent me regret mail for a probable mistake on my part. Meanwhile, I already had would be advisor there.

I have ended up not contacting Prof myself in this department given that they said they would do that, I felt they knew better. I also wanted it not to seem like desperation on my part.

Now, I am looking at options and wondering if I should have gone ahead to talk with Profs myself or just stay patient and disturb the graduate advisors with reminders, as I am already preparing my mind now on deferring the admission to subsequent semester, while I try out one or two additional schools on my pool of shortlisted university. I see PhD in engineering without funding is not worth doing from reading pages of this thread and personal experience.

Fall is winding up with resumption fast approaching and I have exercise patient up till now. What do you advice? What are my chances? Can I trust them by waiting a bit longer? Your take please!

Thanks for your time!

CC:Imperiouxx,Bigfrancis21, ebdib, slimmy05, zeezahbee, godG, others
[b][/b]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 4:38pm On Jun 22, 2015
warriboy21:

My surest guy you be ooo grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 4:38pm On Jun 22, 2015
warriboy21:

My surest guy you be ooo grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 4:40pm On Jun 22, 2015
happney65:

Walspring oya come ohh..come help this Guy do am..Your attention needed here.

you funny ooo..

Make the guy read last 10 - 20 pages of this part 7 he will see the answer there ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 4:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
HoneyBronzed:

Is not the end and they wont email you unless you email the appointment confirmation to your email or you print it out which serve as your invitation on that day including your ds160 confirmation

wishing you favor on that day.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 4:45pm On Jun 22, 2015
briefty:
Thanks.
Let's give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by samnoah(m): 4:51pm On Jun 22, 2015
gsun:
Dear house,
Thank y’all for the help you are rendering to others in here.

I have a bit of problem. And here is my case:
I got a PhD offer with an engineering department at a public University in the US. In the offer it was stated that funding is not guaranteed for now that the department will try to match me with Professors having grants in line with my interest to be my advisors so I could get funding from working with them. For that reason, I moved on to accept the offer, considering that I had applied to two schools under harsh conditions and later on the lower ranked school sent me regret mail for a probable mistake on my part. Meanwhile, I already had would be advisor there.

I have ended up not contacting Prof myself in this department given that they said they would do that, I felt they knew better. I also wanted it not to seem like desperation on my part.

Now, I am looking at options and wondering if I should have gone ahead to talk with Profs myself or just stay patient and disturb the graduate advisors with reminders, as I am already preparing my mind now on deferring the admission to subsequent semester, while I try out one or two additional schools on my pool of shortlisted university. I see PhD in engineering without funding is not worth doing from reading pages of this thread and personal experience.

Fall is winding up with resumption fast approaching and I have exercise patient up till now. What do you advice? What are my chances? Can I trust them by waiting a bit longer? Your take please!

Thanks for your time!

CC:Imperiouxx,Bigfrancis21, ebdib, slimmy05, zeezahbee, godG, others
[b][/b]

Bro, congrats. However, some questions: When are you likely to know the details of the funding that will be provided by working with the profs? Will this reflect in your I-20? If this does not reflect in your I-20, do you have any source of money other than your expectation from the School to prove at embassy? Just like you have already noted yourself, a PhD with a partial funding especially in Engineering may be somewhat financially draining. You need to be very certain about your finances. I would suggest the option of trying more schools for better funding while you wait. Other great minds will advice appropriately sha... Best!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.