Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,414 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (708051 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 9:48pm On Jun 27, 2015
Bigfrancis, Please check your mail. I sent you a personal message.

Innovativeme, please check yours as well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ddbluv: 9:58pm On Jun 27, 2015

Lol...was your interview on the 10th and have you tried tracking your passport on their website?

Yes it was 10th in Lagos. Went to DHL since its changed to No status, but was told it hasnt been issued yet.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ddbluv: 10:04pm On Jun 27, 2015
I am currently searching for accomodation but having doubts
There are official off-campus recognized aprtments, the cheapest was for $670/mth, has so many effizy, but saw another which was a 2 bed apartment, contacted the agents if any student wanted to sublease as the price was $1,035 and hopefully if i can get something around $350 (though not discussed price yet) if the bill is split. Though the agent is the one doing the link up, my problem is that the contract is btw me and the tenant, agent said she doesn't wanna be involved only just doing the connection. Kinda wary about that
How is the experience living with a working professional / student, (Is it same as living in hostel on campus ), then the legal aspect (getting scammed)?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 10:26pm On Jun 27, 2015
Hello, please what re the things u need to do prior to scheduling an interview?
What do u need to take along too?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 27, 2015
ddbluv:
There are official off-campus recognized aprtments, the cheapest was for $670/mth, has so many effizy, but saw another which was a 2 bed apartment, contacted the agents if any student wanted to sublease as the price was $1,035 and hopefully if i can get something around $350 (though not discussed price yet) if the bill is split. Though the agent is the one doing the link up, my problem is that the contract is btw me and the tenant, agent said she doesn't wanna be involved only just doing the connection. Kinda wary about that
How is the experience living with a working professional / student, (Is it same as living in hostel on campus ), then the legal aspect (getting scammed)?
If you pay when you get to US, you can't be scammed, you'll see them and formal agreement will be signed and you also get to see the house and make necessary inquiries.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:31pm On Jun 27, 2015
warriboy21:

nawa o...wat about pay slip/salary acc but money no reach 1m

You can only use that 1m if you already pay for tuition before going for your interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:33pm On Jun 27, 2015
briefty:
URGENT REPLY PLS: i just received my i-20 form, while going through it, i discovered my country of birth was wrong, i have already scheduled my interview,( paid my sevis fee and visa fee)which i am to go for in the next 3 weeks. I would like to ask if i wont be issued another SEVIS number if the school change my country of birth? Because i cant afford to pay another fees again.Thanks for your responses.

Sometimes the main reason why i usually asked people to request for scan copy is to know if the school spell your details well and no error.

You wont be issue another sevis number

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 11:56pm On Jun 27, 2015
Walspring:

Sometimes the main reason why i usually asked people to request for scan copy is to know if the school spell your details well and no error.

You wont be issue another sevis number
Yea, but some school don't send scan copy of ur i-20, dey prefer sending the SEVIS ID and school code to u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:10am On Jun 28, 2015
kennyrony:

Yea, but some school don't send scan copy of ur i-20, dey prefer sending the SEVIS ID and school code to u.

Yes i am aware of it but those kind of school advisor dont reason well, they believed that they are above mistakes if i am not wrong
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 1:57am On Jun 28, 2015
kennyrony:

Because some Idiots have gone to the embassy with the scanned copy. So embassy usually send them messages informing them of this mistakes students make that earn them denial.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:23am On Jun 28, 2015
House, please is it possible to get admission for undergraduate with a D7 in Mathematics for a science course? walspring
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by teddyrain(m): 6:09am On Jun 28, 2015
slimmy05:
I need human being and not some clown. Who's in Chicago
I am no human being. thanks so much for the complement. it simply tells me a lot about you.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Busconductor: 7:02am On Jun 28, 2015
Good day lads, please is there anyone who got their visa approved on the 10tt, 11 or maybe 12 and is yet it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 8:37am On Jun 28, 2015
slimmy05:
Because some Idiots have gone to the embassy with the scanned copy. So embassy usually send them messages informing them of this mistakes students make that earn them denial.
Oh..... I see....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by durobraham(f): 10:20am On Jun 28, 2015
ddbluv:
How is the experience living with a work professional / student, (Is it same as living in hostel on campus ), then the legal aspect (getting scammed)?

In addition to all that has been said here about NOT paying money until you get there and see them and the apartment face to face, it's important to tell you( this. read up on tenancy law esp the difference between subleting and leasing. if you take the non campus arrangement make SURE you sign the lease with them. that way your roommates can't just kick you out because they don't like the smell of dodo frying.
if the only place available is a sublet i.e. you sign an agreement with the current tennants not the landlord, read the agreement carefully make sure it compels them to give at least one month's notice before they evict you.
also on sublet, if it's a sublet try and negotiate the security deposit you pay, since you will be paying to a sitting tenant and if you want to leave the tenant/tenants may not be able to pay you back. All in all

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 12:29pm On Jun 28, 2015
Innovativeame, you are such a blessing. Only God can reward you. God bless you brother. Gratitude!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 28, 2015
teddyrain:
I am no human being. thanks so much for the complement. it simply tells me a lot about you.
This has a lot to tell about you buddy. I still repeat, I don't associate with clowns, its a choice. https://www.nairaland.com/1930957/how-earn-more-than-million
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 28, 2015
durobraham:

In addition to all that has been said here about NOT paying money until you get there and see them and the apartment face to face, it's important to tell you( this. read up on tenancy law esp the difference between subleting and leasing. if you take the non campus arrangement make SURE you sign the lease with them. that way your roommates can't just kick you out because they don't like the smell of dodo frying.
if the only place available is a sublet i.e. you sign an agreement with the current tennants not the landlord, read the agreement carefully make sure it compels them to give at least one month's notice before they evict you.

also on sublet, if it's a sublet try and negotiate the security deposit you pay, since you will be paying to a sitting tenant and if you want to leave the tenant/tenants may not be able to pay you back. All in all
Very important. A call to 911 will get you out without paying a dime.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 28, 2015
djmakson:
Innovativeame, you are such a blessing. Only God can reward you. God bless you brother. Gratitude!
I will still punish that boy undecided I don't know why he is like that.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by innovativeame(m): 5:09pm On Jun 28, 2015
djmakson:
Glory to God sir! It's nothing. NL is an online family
slimmy05:
I will still punish that boy undecided I don't know why he is like that.[[quote author=slimmy05 post=35251002] I will still punish that boy undecided I don't know why he is like that.
/quote]
Oga, abeg no punish me na. If you come pick me up, I'll call 911

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 28, 2015
Hello house,how often does ceac update their visa tracking page.Has anybody's system been updated since friday 26th june.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Busconductor: 7:24pm On Jun 28, 2015
anxious:
Hello house,how often does ceac update their visa tracking page.Has anybody's system been updated since friday 26th june.thanks
I'm also worried mine was last updated yesterday. When was your interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 7:39pm On Jun 28, 2015
Hello house evening. ..anything yet for people that had interview on the 12th? matter done dey go the 3rd week ooo...na wa ooo. amanze15 my phone get issues abeg pm me your cell phone number make we keep in touch ....I hail the house
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 7:40pm On Jun 28, 2015
Busconductor:

I'm also worried mine was last updated yesterday. When was your interview
no update ooo...I did 12th of June let's see what tomorrow holds in good faith.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 28, 2015
15th june

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Busconductor: 7:46pm On Jun 28, 2015
anxious:
15th june
What does the status say
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Busconductor: 7:47pm On Jun 28, 2015
bartino:
no update ooo...I did 12th of June let's see what tomorrow holds in good faith.
I did on the 10th. What does urs say on the ceac tracking stuff
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 7:49pm On Jun 28, 2015
Busconductor:

I did on the 10th. What does urs say on the ceac tracking stuff
okay it's say information on delivery. ...something of such what does yours say?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 28, 2015
"Administrative processing"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Busconductor: 8:04pm On Jun 28, 2015
bartino:
okay it's say information on delivery. ...something of such what does yours say?
Mine says administrative processing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 8:31pm On Jun 28, 2015
anxious:
"Administrative processing"

were you giving a paper since you posted Administrative processing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 8:31pm On Jun 28, 2015
slimmy05:
This has a lot to tell about you buddy. I still repeat, I don't associate with clowns, its a choice. https://www.nairaland.com/1930957/how-earn-more-than-million

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.