Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (707928 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by buzibiza: 10:29pm On Jul 03, 2015
Ctemi:

@Ctemi, Medicine is a 2nd degree program in the US as u hv to do a bachelors degree in Premed, or other basic science courses. Medical school is however very difficult to get into as u have to maintain and graduate with a very high GPA. Some schools do not admit non-residents to their program. Most Nigerians that go for their first degrees so that they can do medicine afterwards don't end up being medical doctors. I had about 8 friends in secondary school leave to the US, only one got in. I dont want to discourage u tho.

I am a doctor but studied in Nigeria bt I will advice u go directly to medical school in the Caribbean or Eastern Europe then take the USMLE exams to get into residency which would be quicker and more economical since the final price is working as a doctor in the US. I am going for my masters in Public health bt will switch into a residency program when am through with my exams. Good luck on ur choice tho...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ddbluv: 10:35pm On Jul 03, 2015
Busconductor:
Gurus in the house please I have a very pressing issue. I applied for an f1 visa for my undergraduate program and I was approved. Now I'm collecting my passport, I was issued a 2 year visa. Please what do I do?

I got a notification of a sent mail by you, I checked but couldn't see anything on my gmail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ddbluv: 10:41pm On Jul 03, 2015
@ Olandex, I understand your condition, I don't know why gurus in the house could not decode what this guy implied. Apparently, 1) he doesnt want to write the test cos either he has no intention of going for master or 2) he is certain he is not going to ace it having tried his hand with practice questions so he decides to try his luck with the embassy hoping it wont be asked rather than risk a very damning low score.
That's my take on him, IMO, if you wanna jar, I still suggest u write the test & have faith, with your transcript, You should get around 280 which isn't that bad for your case, then improve your case about choosing the school & course as others have said.
Pray like Mountain of Fire & hope for either Goodluck in your life or Change in VO decision..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by excatho: 10:48pm On Jul 03, 2015
Ctemi:

Which state are you going?
Atlanta, to be more specific
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 10:53pm On Jul 03, 2015
Abeg can dress casually for ur interview? Pls advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ddbluv: 10:55pm On Jul 03, 2015
Gurus inhouse,, my resumption date is Aug 31st & general orientation is a week earlier (23), there's also a specific orientation in my faculty 4days before the general orientation (19).
I initially planned on going 2wks before school date i.e. 3days b4 my faculty orientation, but now I figure out almost everyone would be coming a week before the general orientation for housing issues (16), am wondering if I should shift it to 9th which is 3wks before classes to secure accomodation. But I hate the fact of just being idle doing nothing over there.
Is this a nice move 2wks before orientation (3wks b4 class) or going an extra week earlier.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 10:58pm On Jul 03, 2015
Which 1 is better off campus or on campus housing?

Because off seems cheap but I think the house might be empty

Then getting a double room on campus with a roommate how is ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Ctemi(f): 11:13pm On Jul 03, 2015
buzibiza:
@Ctemi, Medicine is a 2nd degree program in the US as u hv to do a bachelors degree in Premed, or other basic science courses. Medical school is however very difficult to get into as u have to maintain and graduate with a very high GPA. Some schools do not admit non-residents to their program. Most Nigerians that go for their first degrees so that they can do medicine afterwards don't end up being medical doctors. I had about 8 friends in secondary school leave to the US, only one got in. I dont want to discourage u tho.

I am a doctor but studied in Nigeria bt I will advice u go directly to medical school in the Caribbean or Eastern Europe then take the USMLE exams to get into residency which would be quicker and more economical since the final price is working as a doctor in the US. I am going for my masters in Public health bt will switch into a residency program when am through with my exams. Good luck on ur choice tho...

Thank bro. Am not the one applying is my kid sister.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ddbluv: 11:15pm On Jul 03, 2015
Teeswift:
Hello Guys, really appreciate d good work u guys are doing here. Please, I need an urgent advice to this question. I was admitted to FIU Masters degree program with I -20 for the fall semester 2015 and I'm abt booking visa appointment. My I-20 states family funds under d sponsor sections. Can I indicate or use my wife as my sponsor and present our joint account statement as proof of funds to d VO? An immediate response will be appreciated. Thank u and God bless.
Tee Dus, Wallspring and any other person with similar issue. Pls help o.

I filled SELF as sponsor, but on my I20 it was both me & my sister, She was the major sponsor. I went with both statements but wasnt asked for any neither was any other doc asked from me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by excatho: 11:16pm On Jul 03, 2015
buzibiza:

Pls which school are u running your mph ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ddbluv: 11:17pm On Jul 03, 2015
mbeenox:

Roommate, general response I got from buddies in yonda was to go for off campus, you have freedom and its generally cheaper even with the roommate thingy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Ctemi(f): 11:20pm On Jul 03, 2015
excatho:

Atlanta, to be more specific

Bro, house cost for US oo, you can check craigslist or notepad to have idea of how much it will cost. But why 2bedrum? Are you going wit ur family?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by happney65: 11:31pm On Jul 03, 2015
Ctemi:

Bro, house cost for US oo, you can check craigslist or notepad to have idea of how much it will cost. But why 2bedrum? Are you going wit ur family?

Notepad?can one get apartments there too?Is it like craigslist too?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by buzibiza: 11:32pm On Jul 03, 2015
excatho:

Pls which school are u running your mph ?
There are a lot of schools that admit for mph. Are you also a Doctor?? U can go to "www.sophas.org" or "www.ceph.org/institutions" u wud see a lot of schools to choose from.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Ctemi(f): 11:53pm On Jul 03, 2015
happney65:

Notepad?can one get apartments there too?Is it like craigslist too?
Thy do place advert there too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jul 03, 2015
jakeharris:

Am lucky my mom and step dad still pay for my stuffs still wanna learn to save and stuffs
you na nwa mummy!!My dad stopped giving me money after I graduated from the university in Nigeria.My trip to the USA was my mom.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Ctemi(f): 12:03am On Jul 04, 2015
stevecrun:
you na nwa mummy!!My dad stopped giving me money after I graduated from the university in Nigeria.My trip to the USA was my mom.

Mother are wonderful being, u men should learn to appr8 women
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by excatho: 12:19am On Jul 04, 2015
buzibiza:
There are a lot of schools that admit for mph. Are you also a Doctor?? U can go to "www.sophas.org" or "www.ceph.org/institutions" u wud see a lot of schools to choose from.
I am not a doctor but my friend who is a doctor asked me the possible cheapest tuition fee for mph per year, Lille he asked if he can get like 5-7k tuition per year
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:37am On Jul 04, 2015
Ctemi:

Mother are wonderful being, u men should learn to appr8 women
I appreciate ladies,I can't speak for other men..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nabylet(f): 12:37am On Jul 04, 2015
pugilist:
Good people! Please, I have one issue to clarify:

1) Is it possible for one to pay visa fees and book appointment before paying SEVIS fee? (I'm exploring this option because days are filling up fast and my resumption date is fast approaching).

I need someone in the US to assist me with the SEVIS fee payment. Na beg I dey beg ooo

Cc bigfrancis21 slimmy05

Me too o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nabylet(f): 12:39am On Jul 04, 2015
Please can I fill my Nysc details in the "previous work information" section of my ds-160?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 12:46am On Jul 04, 2015
Nabylet:
Please can I fill my Nysc details in the "previous work information" section of my ds-160?
Yes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 12:47am On Jul 04, 2015
excatho:

I am not a doctor but my friend who is a doctor asked me the possible cheapest tuition fee for mph per year, Lille he asked if he can get like 5-7k tuition per year
No, it's hard to get such

Better write GRe and get some assistant.

@bbdd
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 12:49am On Jul 04, 2015
mbeenox:

It all depends on your pocket
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 12:51am On Jul 04, 2015
ddbluv:
Gurus inhouse,, my resumption date is Aug 31st & general orientation is a week earlier (23), there's also a specific orientation in my faculty 4days before the general orientation (19).
I initially planned on going 2wks before school date i.e. 3days b4 my faculty orientation, but now I figure out almost everyone would be coming a week before the general orientation for housing issues (16), am wondering if I should shift it to 9th which is 3wks before classes to secure accomodation. But I hate the fact of just being idle doing nothing over there.
Is this a nice move 2wks before orientation (3wks b4 class) or going an extra week earlier.
You can get to the USA from 31st July upwards
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Faraidi(m): 1:10am On Jul 04, 2015
Walspring:
I got banned today by antispam from posting sevis website and i dont know why i should be banned maybe someone users are flooding nairaland and antispam just dash me few hours ban.

@faraidi

Sorry i didnt post full details for you due to banned i got via antispam... I hope you able to pay it today
sorry about that,i saw ur message,but i can't reply i can't access that email because of yahoo security questions,this is my new email,justice.great then add @ yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by happney65: 1:17am On Jul 04, 2015
stevecrun:

Lol..What about those of us that has being footing our own Bills like 3-4Years ago?Wey we still get Family Bills..Make God sha Bless all our Hustle

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by jakeharris(m): 2:13am On Jul 04, 2015
stevecrun:

Lol am still undergraduate. ...so I have little time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by jakeharris(m): 2:18am On Jul 04, 2015
ddbluv:

Have you sorted out your housing....and are you living on or of campus
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ddbluv: 2:24am On Jul 04, 2015
zeezahbee:
You can get to the USA from 31st July upwards

I know the 30 day rule, meant the housing issue, whether to go 3wks or 2wks before time considering the fact that other students would also go 2wks before hand cos of orientation happpening a wk before classes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ddbluv: 2:26am On Jul 04, 2015
jakeharris:

Have you sorted out your housing....and are you living on or of campus

Nope, thats why I want to go right on time but not too early. Its not being sorted, seen some reasonable fees quoted but I believe I can get something better if i go in person and do more research about the apartment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by jakeharris(m): 2:53am On Jul 04, 2015
ddbluv:

Nope, thats why I want to go right on time but not too early. Its not being sorted, seen some reasonable fees quoted but I believe I can get something better if i go in person and do more research about the apartment

Where do you wanna live....on or off campus

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.