Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (707889 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 11:47pm On Jul 09, 2015
angel34real:

My profile GRE. Verbal reasoning=157, quantitative reasoning=159. Analytical writing= 4.0. Toefl=100.

Congrats on your visa approval
You took and did well on the GRE and TOEFL.
You deserve the best!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:50pm On Jul 09, 2015
casalucky:
I have been rejected visa twice, what should do?
1. my account statement worth 2.6m, could it be the problem?
2. I haven't paid any fee, could it be the problem?
3. mount st. mary's is a private university, should it be the problem?
what should I do right now because my course adviser said I can't pay any fee while in Nigeria,

Can you post your two previous interview so that people can review it for you

With that you will get wide range of what could be the problem
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 11:51pm On Jul 09, 2015
ddbluv:

Damn!! What an impressive score you got, How I wish it was transferable, Wanna transfer to a STEM based course after 1st semester with high job potential (IT related) but the reasonable priced quality school I could get requires around 315, been hovering around 305 in practise...
This GRE thingy is skewed towards engineers..
Lastly, how long did you practise and how many hrs daily
Congrats all the same

Haha. Actually economists have been shown to get the best GRE scores.
They are good in math and they ace the verbal section.
Engineering scores are skewed towards high math scores. They perform woefully in the verbal section.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:54pm On Jul 09, 2015
adewoleray:
I am going for an mph, is GRE alone good deal for me ?
Can I do GRE alone and just forget about TOEFL for a graduate studies in MPH
Pls am I good with that ?

See Ijebu man doing economics here. grin grin grin grin

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:55pm On Jul 09, 2015
haffikem:

I though we had clearly agreed you are writing the GRE and TOEFL. i even gave you links for various threads and where you could get infinite materials only for you to come and start asking questions of lazy people.

This thread is for serious minded students that follow procedure and lets try our best individually to keep it aglow so as to command respect.

VOs are reading.....so when you get denied tomorrow..don't say we didn't tell you.

That's people for you, if you tell them the best thing for them, they will just go back and do another thing and start YIMU on your head...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by angel34real(f): 11:57pm On Jul 09, 2015
ddbluv:

Damn!! What an impressive score you got, How I wish it was transferable, Wanna transfer to a STEM based course after 1st semester with high job potential (IT related) but the reasonable priced quality school I could get requires around 315, been hovering around 305 in practise...
This GRE thingy is skewed towards engineers..
Lastly, how long did you practise and how many hrs daily
Congrats all the same

I actually wrote d test (GRE) 3 times. Though, it was challenging work + study.
First attempt I scored: v/q: 288. Analytical writing 3.0.
Second:v/q=298, analytical writing also 3.0.
Third:v/q=316. Analytical writing 4.0.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Ctemi(f): 12:02am On Jul 10, 2015
Walspring:

See Ijebu man doing economics here. grin grin grin grin
Wale, you dey insult Ijebu people abi, no worry you don marry finish
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:03am On Jul 10, 2015
imperiouxx:

That's the celebrant.... the kind of feeling you feel after you got the visa.

All burdens taken away from you and you feel like you're on top of the world..... intoxicated with joy.

But in reality, the visa is just the beginning of our worries. We are only better off those that couldn't cross the hurdle because we made it and able to make it to a country where struggling worthwhile.

Nice Point Big Boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:04am On Jul 10, 2015
growth:
wwoowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

This is my first question on this forum,

please how can i get the cheapest flight to el paso texas,

visa granted this morning at lagos embassy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all the witches and wizrads in the house. None of You will never fail

I dont think there are witches and wizards in the house here... Use another word

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by angel34real(f): 12:06am On Jul 10, 2015
bbdd:

Congrats on your visa approval
You took and did well on the GRE and TOEFL.
You deserve the best!
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 10, 2015
Ctemi:

grin grin Is she from Ijebu?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:17am On Jul 10, 2015
profojah:

grin grin Is she from Ijebu?

Ibadan (Ancient city)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:18am On Jul 10, 2015
Ctemi:

Lol... grin grin grin grin

I am not, am just talking about Ijebu man and not Ijebu woman joor...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:19am On Jul 10, 2015
Walspring:

Ibadan (Ancient city)
She go sabi cook amala dudu be that...Ctemi go help her if she no sabi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:26am On Jul 10, 2015
portelli:
visa delayed in Abuja by one strict vo at window 9.

This is how it went:

me: ( with smiling face ) Good morning ma'am
vo: good morning, pass me ur docs
me: (passes them )
vo: ( types for a while ) u re studying, u re a student?
me: yes
vo: which school
me: xyz state polytechnic
vo: which course
me: 3-month noncredit course on mech eng
vo: what will u study in US
me: mechanical engineering
vo: why study in US
me: because academic experience and degrees from US universities are highly recognised and valued all over the world especially here by Nigerian employers. they....( she cuts )
vo: how many schools did you apply to
me: 4 schools
vo: how many accepted you
me: I was accepted by four of the schools
vo: what are they
me: uni of Maryland, njit , uni of Bridgeport &SUNY college at buffalo
vo: so why this school
me: I chose this school because of d competitiveness I recognised in their mech eng course when compared to oda universities mech eng courses that I applied for, which includes a well structured and cutting edge curriculum with a solid theoritical and extensive hands-on education, combined with a well equipped modern laboratories. most importantly dedicated and outstanding faculties who are experts and whose top priority is to inculcate in me the mech eng xperience dat can hep me to advance my career here in 9ja (she cuts)
vo: when did u finish sec skool
me: 2009
v.o: what have been doing
me: in 2010 I took jamb which gave me entrance to a national diploma course on mech end in 2011 and grad in 2013 after den undertuk a 1yr IT which was a mandatory requirement for my ND course on March eng and currently now attending a 3-month noncredit course on mech eng to keep me fit for this course I will face in US.
vo: did you write SAT
me: no but I took TOEFL
vo: who's paying for your fees
me; my dad
vo: what does he do
me: he is the owner and CEO of xyz enterprises nig ltd
the market leader in the importation and distribution of all kinds of electrical and electronic appliances and also automobile spare parts with head office in Lagos state and 10 other branched offices across the country.
vo: has ur dad travelled out
me: no ma'am
vo: unfortunately visa cannot be approved blaa bla bla h

from the last qstion and answer that I gave, I can see the mistake. But my dad does online business, doesn't travel. but I think I should have convinced the vo by telling the vo that he travels out even though he doesn't, since getting visa was the priority. Pls gurus in the house, out of this transcript, what caused the delay, pls don't cast aspersions because we all here to learn. No one knows it all.

I dont know why i opened your transcript this morning maybe because the question you asked about emergency request, Anyway your previous delay might have surface as a result of the bold aspect.

You claimed that your dad owns 10 other branched offices across the country but when VO asked you has you dad traveled out before and you said NO..

Instantly the VO thought of you lieing or you didnt convince him/her enough.. Anyway Just work on the Loopholes

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:30am On Jul 10, 2015
portelli:
I've already booked appointment but wish to reschedule, unfornately can no longer see the ' Reschedule Appointment' option in my profile Anyone xperiencing that?

It was because you have been denied before and you cant make use of the emergency request to apply for early appointment date according to one of their rules
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:30am On Jul 10, 2015
profojah:

She go sabi cook amala dudu be that...Ctemi go help her if she no sabi

I hope so,I like amala dudu but i dont like gbegiri grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ddbluv: 12:46am On Jul 10, 2015
angel34real:

I actually wrote d test (GRE) 3 times. Though, it was challenging work + study.
First attempt I scored: v/q: 288. Analytical writing 3.0.
Second:v/q=298, analytical writing also 3.0.
Third:v/q=316. Analytical writing 4.0.

Wow!! That was an incredible leap from the second score, I guess you rushed to take the 2nd time after the 1st
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by happney65: 2:15am On Jul 10, 2015
zeezahbee:
I actually found out that people don't even care about OPT. My India friends are either getting married or starting a new degree. They said OpT Na rubbish. No job and once some company hear say u want them to file for you, they won't give the job

They actually didn't give any reason why but what do you think Y is it useless ??

Another question is if one has a pending I-485, will one start paying in state tuition even if the green card hasn't arrived

Henhen Zee,u don marry abi?Na who i go come marry when i enter yankee now.. lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 3:05am On Jul 10, 2015
happney65:

Henhen Zee,u don marry abi?Na who i go come marry when i enter yankee now.. lipsrsealed
Lmao, No worry I go find somone for you .pele grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by fregkay: 3:32am On Jul 10, 2015
@growth,pls do the ideal thing ur interview transcript is needed to aid someone's preparation.CONGRATS...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 3:41am On Jul 10, 2015
mbeenox:

Pls what happens when u graduate n u don't get a job in 90days n u go out of status?
How easy is it to get a job after graduation?
Will graduating with Distinction guarantee u a job?

Nothing good comes easy.
Go for a good course, and be aggressive with job search.. way before graduation. You should get something.
Well...distinction doesn't matter much. Employers need your skills!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Glocal1: 4:14am On Jul 10, 2015
ddbluv:

Go there, do a semester while applying for courses that offer 29mths, then commence the new course in January. Also try to have faith, most MPH students get funded for PhD. That I think is another option for you compared to other peeps like me who are glued to a terminal master course or PhD without funding
Which course has a non-funded Phd program?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by portelli: 4:21am On Jul 10, 2015
Walspring:

It was because you have been denied before and you cant make use of the emergency request to apply for early appointment date according to one of their rules
Really? But this isn't 'emergency request' used to expedite appointment, this's just ordinary Rescheduling in order to switch to another date. U mentioned about rules, is it a new rule? Anyway, thanks for looking into my case and spotting the flaws in my transcript, will look into that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Faraidi(m): 4:22am On Jul 10, 2015
imperiouxx:

Depending on the course getting job during OPT year sometimes is almost impossible. Still the government will give you 90 days to get job at all cost in your field either you're extending OPT or not. Also check this below.

@imperiouxxx.Bro,i fill sevis fee payment coupon today,but I discovered that the coupon number they gave me and the sevis account number are the same,bro, is that proper?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by profdot(m): 4:29am On Jul 10, 2015
Walspring:

Lolz . you don't know what you are missing.
How far bros? My date is fast approaching.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by profdot(m): 4:30am On Jul 10, 2015
Walspring:

Lolz. you don't know what you are missing. How far bros? My date is fast approaching.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Faraidi(m): 4:32am On Jul 10, 2015
Walspring:

Can you post your two previous interview so that people can review it for you

With that you will get wide range of what could be the problem
bro,i have fill the sevis coupon,but i discovered that the coupon number and sevis account number are the same,is that how it used to be?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by adewoleray: 5:46am On Jul 10, 2015
Hello' the great ones, please concerning the funding issues, do I have to secure an admission first before looking if the school will offer any form of funding ? Or is there a way someone will know if the particular school will offer someone funding even before applying. Because all I want is at least 50% tuition funding
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by brosdoncome(m): 7:18am On Jul 10, 2015
bbdd:

Haha. Actually economists have been shown to get the best GRE scores.
They are good in math and they ace the verbal section.
Engineering scores are skewed towards high math scores. They perform woefully in the verbal section.

U r right. I'm an economist and my first and only attempt got me 324. Verbal 164- Quantitative 160- Analytical writing 3.5

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by BloodyMitch(f): 7:18am On Jul 10, 2015
Good Morning Every1 i have a question, what if you get a visa to study in a university but along the line before you leave for the school you change your mind and want to go to another school? What will happen to your visa that you already have. Like getting a visa and changing your mind about going to the school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 7:25am On Jul 10, 2015
biikeys:

Nothing good comes easy.
Go for a good course, and be aggressive with job search.. way before graduation. You should get something.
Well...distinction doesn't matter much. Employers need your skills!
I'm doing Meng civil engineering.
Thanks for the advice, I read that u can do OPT for 12months n get an extension of 17month if u re doing a STEM course

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.