Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (707932 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 7:30am On Jul 10, 2015
Who has used roomates.com before, coz I joined d site naso them say I b scammer say Dem go delete my account. cry

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 7:38am On Jul 10, 2015
Some paid the sevis fee for me on tuesday afternoon in US...and its yet to reflect on their website.. please what could ve been the delay and my interview is on monday..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 10, 2015
Faraidi:
bro,i have fill the sevis coupon,but i discovered that the coupon number and sevis account number are the same,is that how it used to be?
No its not possible.. Maybe there's a mistake somewhere, or you should check what you filled..The coupon number is the one in bold above your other informations...Sevis Number starts with N0******(11 characters) while the coupon is I think more than 11 digits, and its serve as the account number which you'l pay your sevis fee into...Check well again,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 10, 2015
texrem:
Some paid the sevis fee for me on tuesday afternoon in US...and its yet to reflect on their website.. please what could ve been the delay and my interview is on monday..
It takes 3days for it to reflect.. You can check it today, it should have been reflected.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Senatorbee(m): 7:59am On Jul 10, 2015
texrem:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by BloodyMitch(f): 8:02am On Jul 10, 2015
BloodyMitch:
Good Morning Every1 i have a question, what if you get a visa to study in a university but along the line before you leave for the school you change your mind and want to go to another school? What will happen to your visa that you already have. Like getting a visa and changing your mind about going to the school?
@bbd @walspring @Deetus and any other person that can help, please cn u respond to my question
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by nairapolice: 8:05am On Jul 10, 2015
Bro thanks for the nerve calming peice. U must b a pastor o cos i JUST GOT THE EXACT DATE I WANTED.
DanjaNinja:

Bro calm down. I thought we already had this discussion? Why the worry? Relax. Worrying doesn't solve jack. Instead, focus on your desired outcome - getting an earlier date, and be positive about it. Please not that when you worry, you subconsciously attract unpleasant experiences into your life.

I was in a similar situation like yours. I was worried @ first, but after a member of this thread taught me how to reschedule, I lost my worry. It took me approximately 6hours to get an earlier date (when I logged in, I saw just one vacant slot for my choice! and quickly grabbed it). Goes to show that your state of mind plays a crucial role in the kind of experiences you encounter.

So Just keep calm, be positive and prayerful. Check the site regularl and I trust You will get a date.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 8:09am On Jul 10, 2015
profojah:

It takes 3days for it to reflect.. You can check it today, it should have been reflected.

i checked this morning .....i dont know maybe its too early....its yet to reflect on their website.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Senatorbee(m): 8:11am On Jul 10, 2015
It shud reflect today i ve interview on monday @ lagos also may we be granted our heart desire
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 10, 2015
texrem:

i checked this morning .....i dont know maybe its too early....its yet to reflect on their website.
Check it later in the evening..The person paid on Tuesday in USA , it is not up to 72hrs na.. Check around 5pm today...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Faraidi(m): 8:29am On Jul 10, 2015
profojah:

No its not possible.. Maybe there's a mistake somewhere, or you should check what you filled..The coupon number is the one in bold above your other informations...Sevis Number starts with N0******(11 characters) while the coupon is I think more than 11 digits, and its serve as the account number which you'l pay your sevis fee into...Check well again,
sorry 4 the mistake,what i meant was that the coupon number and account number are the same.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by happney65: 8:30am On Jul 10, 2015
zeezahbee:
Lmao, No worry I go find somone for you .pele grin

No its you i want..By fire by force.. grin angry

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 8:36am On Jul 10, 2015
Senatorbee:
It shud reflect today
i ve interview on monday @ lagos also
may we be granted our heart desire

Amen....May the good lord grant our heart desires... i see plenty success transcript nextweek...sorry(champions week)...gbam
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 10, 2015
Faraidi:
sorry 4 the mistake,what i meant was that the coupon number and account number are the same.
Ok!!.Yeah you're right!..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 9:16am On Jul 10, 2015
BloodyMitch:
Good Morning Every1 i have a question, what if you get a visa to study in a university but along the line before you leave for the school you change your mind and want to go to another school? What will happen to your visa that you already have. Like getting a visa and changing your mind about going to the school?

You can go to the other school but first you must secure admission into the newly found school and get their I-20. Report at the first school you applied to (the one on your visa) and request for a transfer to the new school. Sometimes, you may have to spend at least a semester with the first school before that is made possible.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 9:17am On Jul 10, 2015
Innovativeame where art thou?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ddbluv: 9:27am On Jul 10, 2015
Glocal1:
Which course has a non-funded Phd program?

Business courses(finance etc) they hardly do phd & some without recourse to funding. The ones I've seen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Faraidi(m): 9:29am On Jul 10, 2015
profojah:

Ok!!.Yeah you're right!..
u mean that is how it is suppose to be?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by whitefriars: 9:31am On Jul 10, 2015
djmakson:

You can go to the other school but first you must secure admission into the newly found school and get their I-20. Report at the first school you applied to (the one on your visa) and request for a transfer to the new school. Sometimes, you may have to spend at least a semester with the first school before that is made possible.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 10, 2015
Faraidi:
u mean that is how it is suppose to be?
Yes! That's how it is... The coupon number serves as the account number
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 10, 2015
DanjaNinja:

Emi o! Sisi Deracathy, the one and only mother of all nations, Master of smiles, mother of dragons, slayer of men, u don reach this side now now? lol... tongue

Hian O chim o
my kids can't be dragons, and I Don't slay men biko.

My brother I de observe the side o.
before I chuk head.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 9:44am On Jul 10, 2015
BloodyMitch:
Nothing will happen, in as much as u ar still in status. I.e studying
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by droloye(m): 10:08am On Jul 10, 2015
hello house
i am really not happy as regards my situation but i want you guys to have a look at my denials and possible reasons.
i have defered my admission
VO GOOD AM
ME RESPONDED
VO WHY WHERE U DENIED A UK VISA
ME INSUFFICIENT FUNDS…..WAS GOING TO SHOP FOR MY WEDDING BLAH BLAH
VO WHAT ARE U GOING TO DO IN USA
ME MASTERS IN PUBLIC HEALTH IN MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY
VO WHY MISSOOURI
ME AFFORDABLE WITH UNBLVABLE VALUE AND THE CURRICULUM COVERS THE 5 CORE BASIS OF PUBLIC HEALTH…… AND HE CUTS ME SHORT
VO WHAT DID U DO IN UR UG
ME MEDICINE AND SURGERY
VO.WHEN DID U FINISH
ME 2010
VO HOW DID YOU KNOW OF THE SCHOOL
ME THROUGH A FRD
VO WHAT WILL PUBLIC HEALTH DO FOR YOU
ME TRIED TO EXPLAIN AND HE CUTS ME SHORT
VO HOW MANY SCHOOLS DID YOU APPLY TO
ME ONE
VO WHO IS SPONSORING U
ME MUM INLAW
VO WHY IS SHE SPONSORING YOU
ME because SHE IS INTERESTED N MY WELFARE
VO WHAT DOES YOUR WIFE DO
ME SHE IS A DOCTOR (SHE HAD A MISCARRIAGE THEN SO I TOLD HIM SHE WAS RESTING)
VO WHEN IS YOUR START DATE
ME INT STUDENTS TO RESUME 14TH,LECTURE STARTS 17 (WRITTN IN I 20 FORM
SORRY BLAH BLAH

I MUST CONFESS I WASN’T CONVINCING
2. I WAS BRINGING OUT DOCS TO SHOW HIM BUT THE GUY NO LOOK ANYTHING
3. MY COMPOSURE WAS OFF FOLLOWING THE 1ST QUESTION ON UK DENIAL
4. on my DS 160, I PUT SELF AS SPONSOR

AFTER ALL THE CHANGES I WENT A 2ND TIME AFTER 2MONTHS
Vo : so how did you know about the school
Me: got in sight through a a senior colleague and frd who advised I go for a general mph so I went through Princeton review , CEPH and research publications and stumbled on Dr claborne work on tropical public health. I spoke to him concerning my aspirations on medicine and also got in contact with university officials before selecting the university
Vo: why msu
Me: I choose to study @ Miss st uni cos its MPH prog will provide me with an international perspective of public health practice tru its short term faculty led study away program while taking the course in 'Tropical pub Health for International health workers'
Also MSU presents some outstanding public health facilities such as infectious disease sub specialty unit which is renowned and this will give me a big lift in tackling the scourge of infectious diseases in Nigeria e.g malaria, tb, hepatitis, hiv e.t.c
Also the ozarks pub health institute in which the director is my designated advisor will give me an insight on filling the vacuum in NIGERIA through community based approach .
Also MsU has an affiliation with Ozark cancer research institute in cancer resaech
The course curriculum is flexible and allows for interdisciplinary courses
Vo: how many schools did you apply to
Me one
VO: do you know anyone in Missouri
Me: No
Vo: so what have you been doing since you graduated
Me : explained from my internship to where I work and my duties (apparently my work experience could not fit into the allotted spaces available)
Vo: Is there anything you want to say since your last application in May
Me:explained the changes in my Ds 160 on who was sponsoring my trip (mum inlaw)
Vo: I have to agree with the previous statement from my colleague
Me Reason for denial….
Vo:not obliged to tell but i will be giving you this 214b paper
i even tried to ask if a family was misbehaving in the USA... lol

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by charzyh2: 11:20am On Jul 10, 2015
BloodyMitch:
@bbd @walspring @Deetus and any other person that can help, please cn u respond to my question
It is possible to switch to another school without attending your university. You have to transfer your sevis though. It depends on your school. Some school are "irritatingly strict" while some are so helpful. I suggest you find people who were accepted to your school on here and ask them if they were able to transfer out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 11:26am On Jul 10, 2015
droloye:
hello house
i am really not happy as regards my situation but i want you guys to have a look at my denials and possible reasons.
VO GOOD AM
ME RESPONDED
ME INSUFFICIENT FUNDS…..WAS GOING TO SHOP FOR MY WEDDING BLAH BLAH ( Here, the VO must have been like, 'Oh, really? You are going to shop in the UK without sufficient fund, tell me more about how magical you are. )
VO WHY MISSOOURI
ME AFFORDABLE WITH UNBLVABLE VALUE AND THE CURRICULUM COVERS THE 5 CORE BASIS OF PUBLIC HEALTH…… AND HE CUTS ME SHORT
ME MEDICINE AND SURGERY
VO.WHEN DID U FINISH
ME 2010
ME THROUGH A FRD ( Interesting! This paints you as lazy and uninterested in your dream. )
ME TRIED TO EXPLAIN AND HE CUTS ME SHORT) Because you weren't convincing and a friend found you your school. )
ME ONE ( How could you?! To the VO, you are a potential immigrant and a lazy applicant. )
VO WHO IS SPONSORING U
ME MUM INLAW
( Weak response. Oga, why na?! Wetin concern welfare with advancing una degree? )
SORRY BLAH BLAH

4. on my DS 160, I PUT SELF AS SPONSOR ( Inconsistent applicant. Incoherent information. )

Me: got in sight through a a senior colleague and frd who advised I go for a general mph so I went through Princeton review , CEPH and research publications and stumbled on Dr claborne work on tropical public health. I spoke to him concerning my aspirations on medicine and also got in contact with university officials before selecting the university
Me one
Me : explained from my internship to where I work and my duties (apparently my work experience could not fit into the allotted spaces available)
Me Reason for denial….

Sorry about your denial, sir. You can always try again!

Possible reasons for your denial:

I'm sorry if I'm a bit harsh, not out of disrespect. To the VO, your responses foreground few things which could be untrue: You are a lazy applicant. You weren't convincing. Where was your confidence when you went for the interview?

Sir, did you write any standardized test? You screwed up with your responses. You should work more on your thoughts articulation. Even if you want to say something you don't know, say it like a boss.

Your second attempt started quite well. But then. . . .

In your next application, work on the points I highlighted. Apply to more schools. Be prepared to talk more on why your sponsor wants to sponsor you and not her daughter. Practice your interview with someone or with yourself facing the mirror. Read through people's experiences on this thread, then pray.

You will be fine. If you really want to, don't be discouraged. People here will help do more post-mortem on your experience.

I wish you well.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by nairapolice: 12:01pm On Jul 10, 2015
droloye:
hello house

Me: got in sight through a a senior colleague and frd who advised I go for a general mph : shows some one is pressing u to go for studies and then run away
Me: I choose to study @ Miss st uni cos its MPH prog will provide me with an international perspective of public health practice tru its short term faculty led study away program while taking the course in 'Tropical pub Health for International health workers'
Also MSU presents some outstanding public health facilities such as infectious disease sub specialty unit which is renowned and this will give me a big lift in tackling the scourge of infectious diseases in Nigeria e.g malaria, tb, hepatitis, hiv e.t.c
Also the ozarks pub health institute in which the director is my designated advisor will give me an insight on filling the vacuum in NIGERIA through community based approach .
Also MsU has an affiliation with Ozark cancer research institute in cancer resaech
They look like a crammed piece, probably what the person pressing you told you to say
Me one; Thts a negative answer, say at least 3
Me: No asked dis cos u choose just 1 school in missouri. and u couldnt justify
Me Reason for denial….

I was delayed too at the embassy but i think those might be yo own reasons
Tell Fashe to enlighten u more, hes in missouri

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Urch1980(m): 12:03pm On Jul 10, 2015
BloodyMitch:

That's exactly what I plan to do.

I am processing a school but their admission process was kindda slow this time, so I went to get my visa with the i-20 of the school that had already responded.

You have to have admission from the other school first, then get to the school whose i-20 you used to secure the visa and request a transfer with a "goo reason". They will put you on-status and then transfer your status to the new school. But you must present the admission letter and i-20 from the new school first before your previous one will release you...

I've not tried it yet, but I know someone who knows people that did it successfully that way. With prayer and faith and positive expectation it will be done.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by droloye(m): 12:19pm On Jul 10, 2015
godG:

I'm sorry if I'm a bit harsh, not out of disrespect. To the VO, your responses foregrounds few things which could be untrue: You are a lazy applicant. You weren't convincing. Where was your confidence when you went for the interview?
Sir, did you write any standardized test? You screwed up with your responses. You should work more on your thoughts articulation. Even if you want to say something you don't know, say it like a boss.
In your next application, work on the points I highlighted. Apply to more schools. Be prepared to talk more on why your sponsor wants to sponsor you and not her daughter. Practice your interview with someone or with yourself facing the mirror. Read through people's experiences on this thread, then pray.
You will be fine. If you really want to, don't be discouraged. People here will help do more post-mortem on your experience.
I wish you well.

I wrote standardized exams...GRE , IELTS (310 AND 7 respectively)
The 1st interview was a mess and i have agreed but is there aything wrong with an inlaw sponsoring
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 12:28pm On Jul 10, 2015
droloye:

I wrote standardized exams...GRE , IELTS (310 AND 7 respectively)
The 1st interview was a mess and i have agreed but is there aything wrong with an inlaw sponsoring

Good score. There is nothing wrong with it if such act of benevolence can be justified brilliantly by the applicant. Otherwise, there is everything wrong with it.

Why is she sponsoring you and not her daughter when you don't have kids yet! What is the possibility of you not deserting her in the US to marry an American? In such case, what will be the benefit of her sponsoring you. The VOs are psychologists. You get the drift?

In all, sir, if you can convince them, you will get it the third time! Best wishes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by profdot(m): 12:34pm On Jul 10, 2015
droloye:
hello house
VO GOOD AM
ME RESPONDED
ME INSUFFICIENT FUNDS…..WAS GOING TO SHOP FOR MY WEDDING BLAH BLAH
VO WHY MISSOOURI
ME MEDICINE AND SURGERY
VO.WHEN DID U FINISH
ME 2010
ME THROUGH A FRD
ME TRIED TO EXPLAIN AND HE CUTS ME SHORT
ME ONE
VO WHO IS SPONSORING U
ME MUM INLAW
SORRY BLAH BLAH

4. on my DS 160, I PUT SELF AS SPONSOR

Me one
Me Reason for denial….

it's like you are new to this thread. you still have lots of coaching to do concerning your responses.
shall send you a pm.
Don't give up bro but you need to correct your mistakes.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by matthew1234: 12:49pm On Jul 10, 2015
@godd I have read responses to issues and the way(s) u answer them is simply incredible.U don't really get the credit u deserve.I duff my hat..Guru of the day

godG:

@godd

I'm sorry if I'm a bit harsh, not out of disrespect. To the VO, your responses foregrounds few things which could be untrue: You are a lazy applicant. You weren't convincing. Where was your confidence when you went for the interview?

I wish you well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by sammynwaGod(m): 12:52pm On Jul 10, 2015
mbeenox:
Who has used roomates.com before, coz I joined d site naso them say I b scammer say Dem go delete my account. cry

maybe your ip is not from the states.
Where you at ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.