Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,786 members, 7,820,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (708894 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Alani55(m): 9:22am On Jul 15, 2015
texrem:

who attended to you....the lady at window 3 delayed mine

Already said it's that Chinese American dude. Second to the last window where we lined up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 9:25am On Jul 15, 2015
[quote author=Alani55 post=35880279]

Already said it's that Chinese American dude. Second to the last window where we lined up.

what's next?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 9:27am On Jul 15, 2015
when can one reapply after denial.....gurus in d house....my resumption date is fast approaching
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Alani55(m): 9:37am On Jul 15, 2015
I'm thinking that the dude doesn't work with fixed deposit account cos immediately I showed him he looked at it passed it back to me. He was more interested in the other statement. Then again, I don't know what his exact sentiments were. Gurus oh.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 9:41am On Jul 15, 2015
Alani55:
I'm thinking that the dude doesn't work with fixed deposit account cos immediately I showed him he looked at it passed it back to me. He was more interested in the other statement. Then again, I don't know what his exact sentiments were. Gurus oh.

reapply tomorrow..... I'm gonna do that.....nothing will weigh me down...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by wynaskawai: 9:48am On Jul 15, 2015
Georgeleonard24:
visa approved today in Lagos more to come. Typed this on my phone you might ecounter errors.
Okay guys here we go, my interview was on 14th July I applied to a community college and this is my first visa interview, it was only God .
So when it was my turn the vo was busy discussing with his colleague that gave me time to calm down
Vo- good morning
Me good morning sir
Vo- pass me your documents (I did)
Vo- could u please place your hand here
Me okay
Vo- types for a while) so your going to new jersey?
Me yes sir
Vo- do you know anyone in new jeresey
Me- no sir I don't
Vo- did you apply to any other school
Me- yes sir I did
Vo- name them
Me- middlesex community cl, Kansas state university and of course bergen community cl
Vo- did you get addmision into any other school apart from bergen
Me -yes I did, Middlesex community cl
Vo- okay, so why did you chose bergen
Me I choose bergen because it has a large culturally diverse in enviroment and is regarded as one of the best community college in the state nj,it also offers many opportunities and plenty of resources in my field of study at a cost effective price, and the atmospher , curriculum and eviroment is well developed and established consists of smaller class sizes that gives me the personal attention I need to succeed in my field of study.
Vo- when did you graduate form high school
Me June 2011
Vo- what have you been doing since then
Me I work at ********* studio
Vo-What do you do there
Me - I work there as receptionist
Vo- okay that's good) so why are going for this course
Me - I want to use the knowlege I will acquire from this course to establish my own enterprise
Vo- okay but why the course why did you go for the course
Me - since I was in secondry school I have always wanted to major in music bussines and working as a receptionist on ****** studio has really inspired me to chase a carrier in music business
Vo- who is your sponsor
Me - my dad
Vo- what does he do?
Me - he is a car dealer, he sells cars
Vo- ( the school waived TOEFL and any other standertised test, and it was stated on the i20 so he asked) does this school have an international student program
Me: yes sir they do
Vo- where will you be staying
Me of campus housing provided by the school
Vo- oh that's good
Vo- are you going to be living alone or with a room mate
Me: roommate
Vo: gives me my i20) am going to approve your visa you can pick it up *****
So look before i went for this interview did a lot of praying and fasting God really was on my side, I got through with a community college no single document asked, I was really prepared for this interview in every aspect the question could come from and that really helped me becasue this vo was throwing questions at me really fast, I did not let The community college stuff get to me, was really convident although i was shaking at first but i thank God. And also even though the school waived standerdized test I still had my ietls incase it came up, When God is by your side your conquer
And I just want to say thank you to you guys.
what a grace...God I need a similar grace...

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by technolee(m): 9:54am On Jul 15, 2015
Jakeharris, how are you doing and where in morgantown are you staying? Coming that way by next week and won't mind touring the mountains with you!.
Anyone in the house flying emirates on the 24th July?
Prep. Has not been easy especially with the high dollar exchange rate.
Innovativeame, make I no catch you ooo as you got the dollars for you and you alone.
I wish all visa expectants all the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 15, 2015
jakeharris:

Wvu p is a community college and why you have i-20 and my visa was approved last year

My first visit to the embassy was with the wvup I never knew it was a community college. You know agent na they will not tell you the coco...we were about 5 of us that went with that I-20 we were all denied. So I decided to change to North American University it was also a flop but this time am going with Oklahoma State University

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by innovativeame(m): 9:56am On Jul 15, 2015
Walspring pos t=35869311:

Homo is it in positive or negative words

I pray the VO that will interview this person is not a big fan of Homo! grin grin grin grin grin because if he is telling VO in negative way, Visa delay is 100% certain oooo

grin grin grin grin grin
Wale, ma kpa mi jorrrjorrr grin grin grin
He should tell the VO he wants to carry out his research on the possible evidence of homo in the BibleBible grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 10:36am On Jul 15, 2015
grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 10:37am On Jul 15, 2015
jakeharris:

What you should have done was apply for civil engineering then when you come to school you change your course

I don't know if it works that way, I haven't heard of anyone changing Graduate course like that.
Since I wasn't offered admission 4 d course do u think they now accept d change, the same criteria that didn't allow them to admit me to d department will still factor in
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 10:45am On Jul 15, 2015
SantaClause:

My first visit to the embassy was with the wvup I never knew it was a community college. You know agent na they will not tell you the coco...we were about 5 of us that went with that I-20 we were all denied. So I decided to change to North American University it was also a flop but this time am going with Oklahoma State University
buh bro, its not a community college, west Virginia University or how do categorize schools as community college?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by haffikem(m): 11:15am On Jul 15, 2015
@ mbeenox are you still in Nigeria or you've moved ?
else are you based in Abuja ??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by JuniorJunior123: 11:16am On Jul 15, 2015
Hello guy I make a mistake my date of birth and I am not in Nigeria if I want to change it how can I do it please I need you people's help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 11:16am On Jul 15, 2015
haffikem:
@ mbeenox are you still in Nigeria or you've moved ?

else are you based in Abuja ??

I'm not based in Abuja, I haven't left Naija....why do u ask?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by JuniorJunior123: 11:18am On Jul 15, 2015
[quote author=JuniorJunior123 post=35884503]Hello guy I make a mistake on my date of birth on my passport and I am not in Nigeria if I want to change it how can I do it please I need you people's help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ridimic1: 11:28am On Jul 15, 2015
wynaskawai:
what a grace...God I need a similar grace...
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 12:16pm On Jul 15, 2015
Relatives and their words of admonition, abeg mam una shake body abeg words dont buy starbucs or textbooks undecided cry.......OjaP boss I hail thee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by NUkachukwu: 12:29pm On Jul 15, 2015
Hello guys, great job you guys are doing here... Pls, assess this and criticise/correct if need be:

VO: Why Point Park University?
Me: Point Park University has a specific track tailored to what I want to study, it has a good course decription, great MBA portfolio especially in International business which will be one my areas of concentration because I am currently involved in international trade(I do importation but not to be mentioned to d VO at this time), I went further to consider the cost affordabilty, location as reported by "Farmers Insurance top 20", its the 3rd most secure large metro area in the US, also as reported by "National Geographic travellers", its amongst the 20 great places in the world to experience and then also from what I read as reported by "Pittsburgh business times", from 2011 through 2014, PPU MBA was ranked 4th Largest in Pittsburgh and for me, that goes to show a great level of consistency and proves PPU has a good MBA track record....

Thanks Y'll in advance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by blonde10: 12:54pm On Jul 15, 2015
[quote author=texrem post=35879225]was denied today...

transcript:

Morning
good morning ma

what re your plans for study in the united state?
I was speaking bullshit now said she should rephrase the question?
why re u going to USA?
to pursue a master degree in engineering tech

why?
(wasnt confident wen replying n pauses too much like stammering)
I chose etsu because the master in engineering tech explores the tech found in our industrial society such as implementation n utilization of machines...she cuts me

do u ve a bachelor's
yes

what course?
chemical engine

when did u graduate?

what ve u been doing?
I work for Dangote industries limited as production operations engineer....started typing

issued form 214b

pls when can I reapply my school resumes 19 august

GUY YOU MESSED UP A BIG TIME,I HEARD YOUR CONVERSATION, IF I WERE THE VO, WOULD STILL HAVE DENIED YOU, COULDNT STOP LAUGHING WITHIN ME, YOU WERE REALY POOR, WISHING YOU BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by blonde10: 12:55pm On Jul 15, 2015
GUY YOU MESSED UP A BIG TIME,I HEARD YOUR CONVERSATION, IF I WERE THE VO, WOULD STILL HAVE DENIED YOU, COULDNT STOP LAUGHING WITHIN ME, YOU WERE REALY POOR, WISHING YOU BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by blonde10: 1:03pm On Jul 15, 2015
GOD DD IT, VISA APPROVED TODAY IN LAGOS AT ABOUT 8AM

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 1:10pm On Jul 15, 2015
blonde10:

I couldn't help it...I was frightened.. God help me ....I've paid another app fee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by blonde10: 1:16pm On Jul 15, 2015
when he asked you about engineering technology, you were too fast. you crammed it cos it doesnt sound original, it was like u were reading it from somewhere. But the first question threw u off balance when she asked you about your study plans in the US, you could not answer for like 50secs. Again she asked you where you work, your answer was dangote and you kept messing up by saying i work as a production engineer in charge of ...................., also observed your voice was shaking, also your body too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 1:31pm On Jul 15, 2015
blonde10:
GOD DD IT, VISA APPROVED TODAY IN LAGOS AT ABOUT 8AM

congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 1:34pm On Jul 15, 2015
blonde10:
when he asked you about engineering technology, you were too fast. you crammed it cos it doesnt sound original, it was like u were reading it from somewhere. But the first question threw u off balance when she asked you about your study plans in the US, you could not answer for like 50secs. Again she asked you where you work, your answer was dangote and you kept messing up by saying i work as a production engineer in charge of ...................., also observed your voice was shaking, also your body too.

yea that's true....she asked about eng tech I was talking about the school cos I didn't hear her clearly....I knew I messed up...I've paid a new app fee...n I'm gonna take my time before answering

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 1:40pm On Jul 15, 2015
the form she issued says I didn't convince enough to be issued a visa...gbam!!!!...painful tho....but I thank God for d experience

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by teelekan: 1:50pm On Jul 15, 2015
Good day everyone and well done!
I've been reading part 6 and 7 of the thread for a while and i am now ready to begin my process for Spring 2016 session

I have a BSc in Pharmacology and would like to do an MSc in Public Health. Using the links I found here, I have been able to streamline some schools eg California State Uni(SDSU) but ehn, the fees na die.

Please can anyone suggest schools that are good but aren't too expensive? Or schools that offer scholarships (I graduated with a 2.2 and I am yet to write any standardized tests).

I need any and all the advice you can render...slimmy,Prof, Zeezahbabe, Justwise and everyone else. I am a learner in this game,please.
Thank you so much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 15, 2015
teelekan:
Good day everyone and well done!
I've been reading part 6 and 7 of the thread for a while and i am now ready to begin my process for Spring 2016 session

I have a BSc in Pharmacology and would like to do an MSc in Public Health. Using the links I found here, I have been able to streamline some schools eg California State Uni(SDSU) but ehn, the fees na die.

Please can anyone suggest schools that are good but aren't too expensive? Or schools that offer scholarships (I graduated with a 2.2 and I am yet to write any standardized tests).

I need any and all the advice you can render... and everyone else. I am a learner in this game,please.
Thank you so much.
There are schools in Georgia and Tennessee that accept low GPA 2.75/4.0. First, you would need to search for schools first (e.g Georgia State Uni...). While doing this, I would advice you start preparing to write GRE. There is a thread on GRE tips and materials. You would need funding as MPH usually have high tuition rate as well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by innovativeame(m): 2:12pm On Jul 15, 2015
technolee:
Jakeharris, how are you doing and where in morgantown are you staying? Coming that way by next week and won't mind touring the mountains with you!.
Anyone in the house flying emirates on the 24th July?
Prep. Has not been easy especially with the high dollar exchange rate.
Innovativeame, make I no catch you ooo as you got the dollars for you and you alone.
I wish all visa expectants all the best.
There is God ooo. I'll give u half of it. Relax
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by innovativeame(m): 2:18pm On Jul 15, 2015
texrem, Why you fall my hand na. We would have done this rehearsals together ooo. All you requested for was a sponsorship letter format. Please, reapply asap. You will get by God's grace .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 2:25pm On Jul 15, 2015
innovativeame:
texrem, Why you fall my hand na. We would have done this rehearsals together ooo. All you requested for was a sponsorship letter format. Please, reapply asap. You will get by God's grace .

I've reapplied... but I don't know if I can fill a new ds160 then schedule appointment today....probably midnight

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.