Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,203 members, 7,829,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (710107 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 2:26pm On Jul 15, 2015
Alani55:
I'm thinking that the dude doesn't work with fixed deposit account cos immediately I showed him he looked at it passed it back to me. He was more interested in the other statement. Then again, I don't know what his exact sentiments were. Gurus oh.
Bro fixed Deposit account is not accepted a d embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 15, 2015
innovativeame:
texrem, Why you fall my hand na. We would have done this rehearsals together ooo. All you requested for was a sponsorship letter format. Please, reapply asap. You will get by God's grace .
e dey happen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 2:34pm On Jul 15, 2015
Alani55:
I was denied today by that Chinese guy. Dude didn't give me concrete reasons for denial.

Me: Good morning
Chinese guy: yes morning. Pas your document s please.
Chinese guy: why are you going to the US
Me: going for my masters program in University of Illinois
Chinese guy: what course?
Me: public administration (specializing in planning and economic development)
Did you have your bachelors degree here in Nigeria
Me: Yes
Chinese guy: so why this school?
Me: this school has an excellent Public administration program. Cos the curriculum is well structured and ....( the guy just started squeezing face like he has heard this kind of flow before) then he cuts me
Have you travelled out of Nigeria before?
Me: no
Chinese guy: Are you married?
Me: no
Chinese guy: Do you have kids?
Me: No
Chinese guy: so who's paying for this?
Me: my mom
Chinese guy: what does she do? Can I see her statement
Me: passes statement to him then told her what she does
Chinese guy: *looks at the fixed deposit statement of 5m and then passes it back then looked at then looks at the other saving like 2.5 m and then asks that when and where did I get the statement.
Me: I explained
Chinese guy: I'm sorry you re not qualified this time for ... blah blah

He handed me the form and don't give me reasons for denial. Plus, the way the my were handing out denials today like fliers. I don't even know what the next step is

Your account statement might have been a cause for denial..but why don't you guys just go for 'better' courses. You put yourselves in difficult situations when you go for such courses in a really competitive environment as someone mentioned earlier. Remember, getting a visa is only the first step out of many!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Jahbless82: 2:34pm On Jul 15, 2015
Try defer your admission to spring 2016 because if you visit the embassy within the next three (3) months they will still give you form 214(B).

From personal experience.

I visited the embassy June 3rd and was issues form 214(B) and revisited yesterday but the Chinese guy didn't ask me any serious question. He asked me where am going in US, Reason why i'm going and said "u're here recently...i said yes". He just issued me another form 214(B) without asking any further question.

texrem:
was denied today...

transcript:

Morning
good morning ma

what re your plans for study in the united state?
I was speaking bullshit now said she should rephrase the question?
why re u going to USA?
to pursue a master degree in engineering tech

why?
(wasnt confident wen replying n pauses too much like stammering)
I chose etsu because the master in engineering tech explores the tech found in our industrial society such as implementation n utilization of machines...she cuts me

do u ve a bachelor's
yes

what course?
chemical engine

when did u graduate?

what ve u been doing?
I work for Dangote industries limited as production operations engineer....started typing

issued form 214b

pls when can I reapply my school resumes 19 august

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by adanduka: 2:39pm On Jul 15, 2015
blonde10:
when he asked you about engineering technology, you were too fast. you crammed it cos it doesnt sound original, it was like u were reading it from somewhere. But the first question threw u off balance when she asked you about your study plans in the US, you could not answer for like 50secs. Again she asked you where you work, your answer was dangote and you kept messing up by saying i work as a production engineer in charge of ...................., also observed your voice was shaking, also your body too.

Seems you've started your study at the American Embassy University after your admission to study people's interviews.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by technolee(m): 2:41pm On Jul 15, 2015
Jahbless82:
Try defer your admission to spring 2016 because if you visit the embassy within the next three (3) months they will still give you form 214(B).

I visited the embassy June 3rd and was issues form 214(B) and revisited yesterday but the Chinese guy didn't ask me any serious question. He asked me where am going in US, Reason why i'm going and said "u're here recently...i said yes". He just issued me another form 214(B) without asking any further question.

That guy chop sh*it nii.
Visiting the embassy earlier does not call for a denial unless you have been highlighted for something bad or the chinese guy just broke up with his babe!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 2:43pm On Jul 15, 2015
Jahbless82:

did u ask him why he denied you.....?......was it d same content in the first form that was issued was inside the second form....?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 2:56pm On Jul 15, 2015
slimmy05:
e dey happen

na soo bro...its really painful....but me sef no say I Bleep up...tho it boils down to the fact that i didn't hear her clearly....pls can I reapply tonight or defer cos my school resumes 19 august?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 15, 2015
texrem:

na soo bro...its really painful....but me sef no say I Bleep up...tho it boils down to the fact that i didn't hear her clearly....pls can I reapply tonight or defer cos my school resumes 19 august?
you have to wait 24hrs. always check midnight.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 15, 2015
technolee:
That guy chop sh*it nii.
Visiting the embassy earlier does not call for a denial unless you have been highlighted for something bad or the chinese guy just broke up with his babe!
I tell you, that guy is silly.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 3:01pm On Jul 15, 2015
slimmy05:
you have to wait 24hrs. always check midnight.

okay bro......thanks for the help...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Alani55(m): 3:03pm On Jul 15, 2015
biikeys:

Your account statement might have been a cause for denial..but why don't you guys just go for 'better' courses. You put yourselves in difficult situations when you go for such courses in a really competitive environment as someone mentioned earlier. Remember, getting a visa is only the first step out of many!

I don't think the course might be the reason for denial. The form he gave me was about not having home ties and stuff. Cos he was asking me if I'm married and have a kid. I was shocked. It might be the SOA. I don't even know what the particular issue might be.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Alani55(m): 3:05pm On Jul 15, 2015
Please, what's the word on applying again soonest cos I'm to resume by Aug 24. When is it ok to apply again and get a reasonable date. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 3:07pm On Jul 15, 2015
Alani55:

I don't think the course might be the reason for denial. The form he gave me was about not having home ties and stuff. Cos he was asking me if I'm married and have a kid. I was shocked. It might be the SOA. I don't even know what the particular issue might be.

mine also was about ties n not been convincing....but I wouldnt have been issued a 214b if I answered the second question by telling the vo the reason why I want to study engineering technology...tho I know the answer to give but I was threw off balance with d first question...I've learnt my lesson n I'm hoping in God for the next interview..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 15, 2015
texrem:

okay bro......thanks for the help...
What you need is to conquer your fear, I know its not easy, you'll increase your anxiety by telling friends or family your interview date. This time, keep it to yourself so you wont be tensed, let no one know your interview date.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 3:14pm On Jul 15, 2015
slimmy05:
What you need is to conquer your fear, I know its not easy, you'll increase your anxiety by telling friends or family your interview date. This time, keep it to yourself so you wont be tensed, let no one know your interview date.

okay boss....only my guardian knew about it....I won't disclose d new date to anybody..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by OjaP: 3:14pm On Jul 15, 2015
angel34real:
@ Ojap,
You Got Mail....

Gotcha !!!

Akin and Amanze: No P.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 15, 2015
OjaP:

Gotcha !!!

Akin and Amanze: No P.
Boss!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by OjaP: 3:20pm On Jul 15, 2015
slimmy05:
Boss!

My oga, how every now? We may meet very soon oo. Starting a Ph.D. program in Knoxville next month.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 3:21pm On Jul 15, 2015
pls is there a case whereby someone was denied then reapply within a month and get visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 15, 2015
OjaP:

My oga, how every now? We may meet very soon oo. Starting a Ph.D. program in Knoxville next month.
That's good to hear boss. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by technolee(m): 3:26pm On Jul 15, 2015
texrem:

okay boss....only my guardian knew about it....I won't disclose d new date to anybody..
you need someone to question/interview you both over the phone and physically. Also speak your responses while standing in front of a mirror.
Get a 40leaves and list out all possible interview questions and provide a convincing answers.
As much as I hated to jot while reading, I comported myself and did as stated above.
My interview was just a mere chat in the end because I have answer to the questions asked.
Shoot again and get a good coach like; Slimmy, innovativeame, Profojah, Walspring, godG, etc.
It will end in praise for you, that I know for Sure.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by technolee(m): 3:32pm On Jul 15, 2015
OjaP:

Omo, I wish you all the best in your program.
If I get to the state, will take time to visit them in UTK to blast them as they swindled me of my application fee and time.
I was mailing them almost everyday yet, they didn't get back to me. It is over a year now. #badheads
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by OjaP: 3:43pm On Jul 15, 2015
technolee:
Omo, I wish you all the best in your program.
If I get to the state, will take time to visit them in UTK to blast them as they swindled me of my application fee and time.
I was mailing them almost everyday yet, they didn't get back to me. It is over a year now. #badheads

Thank you Technolee. They were nice to me throughout the admission process, my graduate coordinator was also helpful too. Was your application incomplete? Did you receive an admission decision at all? Just wondering why they chose to ignore your emails.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 3:46pm On Jul 15, 2015
slimmy05:
There are schools in Georgia and Tennessee that accept low GPA 2.75/4.0. First, you would need to search for schools first (e.g Georgia State Uni...). While doing this, I would advice you start preparing to write GRE. There is a thread on GRE tips and materials. You would need funding as MPH usually have high tuition rate as well.

Gsu doesn't fund o.
And the fees na die.
In fact mph funding is now rare sef
MPH is turning to MBA. Cash cow for schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by match2016: 3:49pm On Jul 15, 2015
Hello house,

Thank you for all of your help. I got my visa today, so grateful to God. I will post my experience later. Off to Texas...
match2016:
Please somebody help me with these...

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 3:50pm On Jul 15, 2015
slimmy05:
That's good to hear boss. grin

U guys should do a Tennessee nairalanders meet up. The population is getting high. But y'all gotta come to Memphis. Tri cities too far biko.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 3:56pm On Jul 15, 2015
blonde10:
GOD DD IT, VISA APPROVED TODAY IN LAGOS AT ABOUT 8AM
Congratulations bro[img][/img]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 3:57pm On Jul 15, 2015
blonde10:
GOD DD IT, VISA APPROVED TODAY IN LAGOS AT ABOUT 8AM
Congratulations bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 4:04pm On Jul 15, 2015
blonde10:
when he asked you about engineering technology, you were too fast. you crammed it cos it doesnt sound original, it was like u were reading it from somewhere. But the first question threw u off balance when she asked you about your study plans in the US, you could not answer for like 50secs. Again she asked you where you work, your answer was dangote and you kept messing up by saying i work as a production engineer in charge of ...................., also observed your voice was shaking, also your body too.
Funny... na tension catch am. E no easy lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by samnoah(m): 4:08pm On Jul 15, 2015
blonde10:
GUY YOU MESSED UP A BIG TIME,I HEARD YOUR CONVERSATION, IF I WERE THE VO, WOULD STILL HAVE DENIED YOU, COULDNT STOP LAUGHING WITHIN ME, YOU WERE REALY POOR, WISHING YOU BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME

Why reminding him? He knew he messed up and it is better solution is suggested. Let's learn to reinforce and motivate people and not to enlarge their shortcomings. BTW, congrats on your approval and try help that your brother too

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 4:09pm On Jul 15, 2015
texrem:

yea that's true....she asked about eng tech I was talking about the school cos I didn't hear her clearly....I knew I messed up...I've paid a new app fee...n I'm gonna take my time before answering

U got denied today and pay application fee immediately, am sure u no even reach house b4 u branch bank pay d fee. U dey vex oooo.
You really need to work on urself very well.... I will advice u hookup wit one of d gurus here so as to help u with ur transcript

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.