Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (707190 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 10:21pm On Jul 21, 2015
@All

Latest update and rule at the embassy now is that if you are more than an hour late to your visa interview appointment, You will be send back home and advised to go to and pay visa fee and then book another date for interview.

Please do not get late for your interview at the US embassy, is better you lodge in a hotel around Island than coming from mainland and get hooked with traffic in the morning

Someone who was sent back today told me this via whatsapp, Am sharing this but i can't ascertain if this is valid but wise up..

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 21, 2015
Walspring:
@All

Latest update and rule at the embassy now is that if you are more than an hour late to your visa interview appointment, You will be send back home and advised to go to and pay visa fee and then book another date for interview.

Please do not get late for your interview at the US embassy, is better you lodge in a hotel around Island than coming from mainland and get hooked with traffic in the morning

Someone who was sent back today told me this via whatsapp, Am sharing this but i can't ascertain if this is valid but wise up..

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by GboyegaD(m): 10:31pm On Jul 21, 2015
templer001:

Seems you didn't read this well. How do I encourage crime with my post. Common! Read well. Look now let me ask you. So if you don't have large funds you can't school in US. I did toefl, I got 90 but I didn't do gre because I'm bad in mathematics. Someone talked about me getting funding. What of if I couldn't get one... listen us, I'm not encouraging crime. I have been having headache because my mom said all she could do is arnd 2.5m. And you and I know that isn't not enough. Do skools give scholarship and funding for toefl score arnd 90? Honestly, over do they worry most people here. The other one with name bbbb called me an imposter. For hin eye he don catch thief. Lol. Not his fault na wetin man dey find na hin cause am.

Is you don't have anything to say, pls don't call me an imposter.

TOEFL alone might get you funding but the schools that will accept such are very few. GRE isn't that hard if you ask me. That said, no one is saying there is an amount you must have however, if your sponsor cannot afford your tuition, then try to get funding from your department otherwise, stay till you have the required funds. Boosting your account with Oluwole is what people discourage here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by spazio: 10:40pm On Jul 21, 2015
Preparing to take my GRE exams..Can anyone please help me with study materials Plsssss

Regards
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by GboyegaD(m): 10:51pm On Jul 21, 2015
Walspring:

Big boss do you have idea or know any schools that can offer that to SAT score of 1500 and above

I don't know what scores they use now but check Missouri Southern State University, Joplin (it used to be 1200 in the days of 1600). They have a good honors program. Restrict your search to Honors programs and check what schools you meet their requirements.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by MofTee: 10:52pm On Jul 21, 2015
Guys, u can get PTA @ Stanbic bank @ 208.04/$1. This is subject to having an account with them though. All you need is to go to their branch with your international passport with valid visa, Air ticket and admission letter. Just thought I should share the information.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by igbonerd(m): 10:55pm On Jul 21, 2015
spazio:
Preparing to take my GRE exams..Can anyone please help me with study materials Plsssss

Regards

Send a blank mail to selfstudy360@gmail.com. Good luck with your preparations.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 10:55pm On Jul 21, 2015
MofTee:
Guys, u can get PTA @ Stanbic bank @ 208.04/$1. This is subject to having an account with them though. All you need is to go to their branch with your international passport with valid visa, Air ticket and admission letter. Just thought I should share the information.

Is it possible to still get this PTA, if just opened an account with them?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 10:55pm On Jul 21, 2015
DeeTus:
Is it all visa type or just F1?

The guy own is F1..

It might be applicable to all visa categories
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 21, 2015
Walspring:

The guy own is F1..
It might be applicable to all visa categories
Ok.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Yomi777: 11:14pm On Jul 21, 2015
slimmy05:
Yomi, I thought you got a GA
Yes Boss. How is life @ ETSU?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Theflint1(m): 11:21pm On Jul 21, 2015
Walspring:

Big boss do you have idea or know any schools that can offer that to SAT score of 1500 and above
Check out MVSU

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ifedapsy(m): 11:37pm On Jul 21, 2015
mbeenox:

Is it possible to still get this PTA, if just opened an account with them?
I honestly don't think so. Most of these banks have stopped PTA and the few that do, attach stringent conditions like having 3-6 months old active accounts with them before PTA can be granted.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:43pm On Jul 21, 2015
GboyegaD:

I don't know what scores they use now but check Missouri Southern State University, Joplin. They have a good honors program. Restrict your search yo Honors programs and check what schools you meet their requirements.

Thanks big boss.. Am very grateful..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ifedapsy(m): 11:45pm On Jul 21, 2015
MofTee:
Diamond Bank offers a better rate-200/$1. However, you'll be charged 2% of the dollars you collect as PTA. For example, $4k attracts an extra charge of $80. Abeg, mk Una do d Maths wella .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ifedapsy(m): 11:50pm On Jul 21, 2015
igbonerd:

Send a blank mail to selfstudy360@gmail.com. Good luck with your preparations.
You could equally send a blank mail to selfstudy.version2@gmail.com. Links to 5 good preparatory textbooks will be sent to you. All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ddbluv: 11:54pm On Jul 21, 2015
ifedapsy:

Diamond Bank offers a better rate-200/$1. However, you'll be charged 2% of the dollars you collect as PTA. For example, $4k attracts an extra charge of $80. Abeg, mk Una do d Maths wella .

If this is true, then its better than Stanbic offer ($4080 x 200 = n816k)
816k / 208 = $3923

Diamond charge has better value but do they do this for new account holders?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by rDna: 12:04am On Jul 22, 2015
Here Is my transcript as promised.. After passing through all initial procedures, It became my turn.

ME- Good morning ma (white woman, late twenties or early thirties)
Vo- pass me your documents please
(I gave her my passport and I-20, already arranged by the first counter I went to).

She types for a while , took my fingers print. I was praying in my mind.

Vo- what's your study plan in the US

Me- I intend to transfer to a pharmacy school after completion of course at blinn college. I already have a B.sc degree in biotechnology, so getting a (Vo cuts in)

Vo- so you already have a B.sc degree ?

Me- yes. From ......... university. So an associate degree in biology serves as a bridge and will compliment my initial degree which can then be used to transfer.

Vo- your school, is the transfer rate good?
Me - yes, blinn has a strong reputation on high transfer rate. That's actually one of the major reason why I applied for the school.
(She nods positively)

She asked a question about my school, but I can't really remember how she placed the question, as I don't cram and I answer from my heart.

Vo- who is your sponsor?
Me- my uncle. He works as a lecturer in ---- university. my parents will then help with my pharmacy school payment.
(She types for a while , I was praying silently why she types).
Vo - good, what do your parents do?

Me- I told her (they own a small scale company individually)

Vo- are you going to stay uncle?
Me-yes , that's the plan. He stays really close to my school ( Vo cuts in... oh, but blinn location says breham.)
Me-yes . But my campus is -------.

Vo- I'm going to approve your visa. You have to travel with you I-20. Come to this location (gives me the white slip) to pick up your passport.

Me- thank you for seeing me.

Its all God's doing. Here is a prayer point for other students aspiring to study out.
Psalms 51. Psalms 66... psalms 40: 1-5..... Isaiah 50:4-11... Isaiah 54: 4-7 Use it and have faith. Every thing is possible with God.
Thanks to you all here, your transcripts educated me.

No documents were asked of unless passport and i20. No standardized test (although am going to take TSI assessment on my arrival). Blinn is a community college.
For future students seeking visa, I would advice you do everything yourself. The internet is a powerful tool, use it, ask questions.
During your interview tell the Vo nothing but the truth. Be confident. I have a clear study plan, so you should also...

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:23am On Jul 22, 2015
Theflint1:
Check out MVSU

Thanks you sir.. Am very grateful
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:26am On Jul 22, 2015
happney65:

You dey make Jest of me abi?Thunder fire your Blokos grin

That's not possible jooor
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:26am On Jul 22, 2015
slimmy05:
For 2years I didn't even patronize recharge cards. I get credited monthly and when others demand for airtime, I have transfer through e-banking

You nah boss of life grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:27am On Jul 22, 2015
profojah:

Maybe Na Slimmy05 he scammed cos two of them dey Tennessee grin

Lol.. cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:28am On Jul 22, 2015
profojah:

Hehehehe..I didn't even see that post!. #scam of recharge card# cheesy cheesy. Abi dem dey use MTN in Germany?

Lol... Call roaming enter Germany joor.. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 1:27am On Jul 22, 2015
dworldsbest:
Good day peeps! I want to sincerely thank u guys for ur write ups cuz it really benefitted me all through my preparation toward my visa interview. I got my visa today at the lagos embassy n I felt I owe u guys my success story. Herewith my transcript;
VO: good morning
ME: good morning ma
VO: why are you going to the US
ME: I am going to the U.S. to pursue a bachelors degree in business administration and management which will take me a total of 48months to complete
VO: Who is ur sponsor?
ME: My elder brother
VO: Where does he work and what does he do?
ME: He works with Chams PLC as an IT Analyst Manager
VO: Y did u choose Monroe College?
ME: I chose Monroe college because it is one of the best private colleges in the U.S. and offers an accelerated three semester system per academic year and this will help me to complete my studies and return to Nigeria and continue my job
VO: Typed for some seconds and said "Your visa is approved, handed the white paper to me, gave me my I20 saying I will need it at the POE and wished me the best during my stay in the US
ME: thank you!
No documents were not requested and i give God the glory for the success today.
Once again I say a big thank U to all who have posted their transcripts and offered useful insights!

Congrats my bro....that favour that bestowed on you will bestow on me too soon.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 2:27am On Jul 22, 2015
happney65:

Are those Yankee Babes worth to be called wifey?I mean a Wife,a confidant,a Partner and the mother of my kids not just intimacy gadgets..You get my drift?

Why not? undecided You need to meet the right girl.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.