Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (707163 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 22, 2015
tosynbolade:
My visa was approved at Lagos Consulate at exactly 1.15pm today after two attempts!! Glory be to God for favour. My transcript is coming soon!!
Gbayi!.Your head is valid...I don dey wait for you since nabylet don drop her own...Slimmy05, people don full ground for yyour school oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 22, 2015
tosynbolade:
My visa was approved at Lagos Consulate at exactly 1.15pm today after two attempts!! Glory be to God for favour. My transcript is coming soon!!

Congratulations, boss!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by GboyegaD(m): 1:53pm On Jul 22, 2015
Spanishmario:

Done some checking and have gotten four schools currently that gives funding which are; University of Texas, Dallas, University of Texas Arlington, Ohio University and University of North Texas....

My question z...without contacting them currently, is it possible to know the actual amount or the extent d fundings cover

Other schools are fine except UTD since they also have a PhD, getting funding for Masters might not be that easy.
Regarding what the funds cover, check their Graduate School website for more information. For UNT, you get an Out of State tuition waiver and monthly stipend which is enough to cover your in state tuition, accommodation, and feeding if you have a modest lifestyle.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 1:56pm On Jul 22, 2015
tosynbolade:

congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by GboyegaD(m): 1:57pm On Jul 22, 2015
imperiouxx:

NY was bad last weekend. Two days with no fresh air..... No wind, high humidity and killer sun.

Thank God you survived it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 2:13pm On Jul 22, 2015
bbdd:

Bro how far movement.
Got your winter coats ready? WI is a coooold place.

Sure brother! I dey ready o. But why all of una dey take the cold scare me? cheesy Was at the consulate today for my interview that lasted a minute or so. I doubt if this would be helpful to anyone, but make I sha drop am:

VO: Hello, how are you?

Me: I'm good, you?

"Fine thank you," he answered.

VO: So you are going to UW-Madison on a Fulbright program. That is great.

Me: Yeah.

VO: Been to the US before?
"No," I answered.

VO: Let me give you this, consult it in case you have any difficulty in the U.S - which I doubt because you are on a government sponsored program. Meanwhile, you should collect your visa at the Public Affairs Section on Monday. Have a good day.

Me: You too. Thank you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Spanishmario(m): 2:14pm On Jul 22, 2015
GboyegaD:

Other schools are fine except UTD since they also have a PhD, getting funding for Masters might not be that easy.
Regarding what the funds cover, check their Graduate School website for more information. For UNT, you get an Out of State tuition waiver and monthly stipend which is enough to cover your in state tuition, accommodation, and feeding if you have a modest lifestyle.

Sent yu a pm...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 2:21pm On Jul 22, 2015
godG:

Sure brother! I dey ready o. But why all of una dey take the cold scare me? cheesy Was at the consulate today for my interview that lasted a minute or so. I doubt if this would be helpful to anyone, but make I sha drop am:

"No," I answered.

VO: Let me give you this, consult it in case you have any difficulty in the U.S - which I doubt because you are on a government sponsored program. Meanwhile, you should collect your visa at the Public Affairs Section on Monday. Have a good day.

NICE!
Congrats man
Fulbright is organized in conjunction with the US Consulate. Your visa was sure from day 1 grin
Congrats once again.

I'm prepping myself for the intense research and teaching assignments ahead.. PhD is not truly not a piece of cake. Gotta brace up.

Once again congrats.
Madison is so cold. Get ready oo.
Cheers bro.

PS. check thegradcafe for housing tips for PhD and other grad students under the city guide "Madison" section

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 2:21pm On Jul 22, 2015
innovativeame:
I will
We dey wait, sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 2:23pm On Jul 22, 2015
bbdd:

NICE!
Congrats man
Fulbright is organized in conjunction with the US Consulate. Your visa was sure from day 1 grin
Congrats once again.

I'm prepping myself for the intense research and teaching assignments ahead.. PhD is not truly not a piece of cake. Gotta brace up.

Once again congrats.
Madison is cold. Get ready oo.
Cheers bro.

Thanks, man! grin No worry, God go give you the strength. Na the target b dt o: PhD.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by tosynbolade(m): 2:24pm On Jul 22, 2015
profojah:

Gbayi!.Your head is valid...I don dey wait for you since nabylet don drop her own...Slimmy05, people don full ground for yyour school oo

texrem:

congrats

DARKLIGHT:

Congratulations, boss!
DARKLIGHT:

Congratulations, boss!

Thanks bosses, I am so excited that I feel like smashing the windscreen of posh cars!!!
My interview transcript will come later in the day but before then I must categorically thank Slimmy05(my great coach) and Walspring.. God will bless these great guys richly.
To all who has dropped transcript here too, your contributions really helped me!.. It gave me confidence. I was almost smiling throughout the interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 2:26pm On Jul 22, 2015
godG:

Thanks, man! grin No worry, God go give you the strength. Na the target b dt o: PhD.

PhD is a serious something.
Are you on grad cafe? They have a city guide which includes Madison WI.
Lots of grad students give their input on how to survive in that arctic land.((SAID THAT ON PURPOSE grin grin))
Lots of tips on housing and general survival tips. Its an indispensable tool for current and intending PhD students.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 2:30pm On Jul 22, 2015
bbdd:

PhD is a serious something.
Are you on grad cafe? They have a city guide which includes Madison WI.
Lots of grad students give their input on how to survive in that arctic land.((SAID THAT ON PURPOSE grin grin))
Lots of tips on housing and general survival tips. Its an indispensable tool for current and intending PhD students.

Hahahaha. Make I join now. cheesy Thanks, man!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by happney65: 2:47pm On Jul 22, 2015
Wahooo..Good news all around..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by haffikem(m): 2:52pm On Jul 22, 2015
DARKLIGHT:
Haffikem, my dearest brother, wud up? How's the prep going?

preparation is in top gear.....some peep owing me no gree pay oooh....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by haffikem(m): 3:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
congrats @tosynbolade , @godG, @notonlyamerica et al.

let this season of visa approvals be extended to sincere and genuine students who were not packaged by agents of devils.

also all those that are going for the subsequent time..we wish you success !!

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by MsNas(f): 3:16pm On Jul 22, 2015
godG:

"No," I answered.

Congrats godG. Enjoy your stay and studies in the United States.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 22, 2015
haffikem:
congrats @tosynbolade , @godG, @notonlyamerica et al.

let this season of visa approvals be extended to sincere and genuine students who were not packaged by agents of devils.

also all those that are going for the subsequent time..we wish you success !!
Amen!
And we'll continue to see genuine transcripts from genuine students and NOT bogus ones from fake-ass negro

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 3:26pm On Jul 22, 2015
Happy for you bro. Congrats.

tosynbolade:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by rDna: 3:27pm On Jul 22, 2015
Help4rmabove:

Dear rDna,

My emergency request has been approved, but unfortunately, I am unable to reschedule to an earlier date. The dates that are available are late in August. Please how did you go about yours. I can call you to discuss if I have you mobile number.

Thanks

There is a comments/ suggestion link at the left part of the screen when logged into your account with cgi website. Click on it, click on appoint scheduling or so, can't really remember. Write a comment on the need of a closer date their.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ridimic1: 3:39pm On Jul 22, 2015
godG:

"No," I answered.

congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 3:39pm On Jul 22, 2015
GodG na God win trure true, I don go fidelity bank sotey I don "eyeing crushes" grin cheesy I think I should push back departure so I can mark them present wink...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 22, 2015
Congrats godG...Wish you the best in Wisconsin.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kushner(m): 4:01pm On Jul 22, 2015
congrats to all those who got there visa approved!! wink wink
@ kennyrony i still dey wait your reply oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 22, 2015
tosynbolade:

After reading your post....the first word that came out of my mouth is Jehovah after two attempt. My case will be solved like yours IJN

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 4:08pm On Jul 22, 2015
sirRiddy:
Congrats godG...Wish you the best in Wisconsin.

Thanks, bro. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 4:13pm On Jul 22, 2015
MsNas:

Congrats Godg. Enjoy your stay and studies in the United States.

Thank you, sis! MsNas na one sure sis of mine. I can only wish you well, always!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 4:15pm On Jul 22, 2015
Thanks, everyone. God bless. May we all find it easy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by hardeorlah: 4:17pm On Jul 22, 2015
good afternoon house, please I mid clarification on statement of account. the school ask me to send my sponsor' s statement of acct for 1-20 BT my question is if my sponsor shld print his statement or Acct now during visa interview will I have to collect the updated one from him or I can still use the one I print now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by MsNas(f): 4:42pm On Jul 22, 2015
godG:

Thank you, sis! MsNas na one sure sis of mine. I can only wish you well, always!
Amin. A maa ri're ba'ra wa se. So happy for you. Congrats again.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 22, 2015
haffikem:

preparation is in top gear.....some peep owing me no gree pay oooh....

Sorry, brother. God will soften their hearts, so that they will pay you. Keep being hopeful.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 22, 2015
E n le o smiley
MsNas:

Amin. A maa ri're ba'ra wa se. So happy for you. Congrats again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.