Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,870 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (709356 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 1:20am On Aug 12, 2015
texrem:
Visa delayed again by the lady that did the first interview...!!! I no no wetin I do her ooo
wat!!!!!. y na...... that's serious.... Bro never give up. u will surely get it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 1:24am On Aug 12, 2015
texrem:
What re ur study plans in us?
To pursue a master degree in engineering technology. A master degree in engineering technology will equip me with the technical skills required to maintain, operate, coordinate n supervise in a production system which in turn will make me a valuable asset n I will have edge when applying for managerial positions in multinational companies like chevron shell Mobil by the time I return to Nigeria(she was nodding)

okay, why etsu?

I choose etsu because the curriculum explores the technologies found in our industrial society such as implementation and utilization of adaptive system (okay n keeps nodding)n other technical means. there's currently a research which aligns with my career which is the investigation into the effect of recycled concrete aggregate strength on d strength of concrete using it(OK n she keeps nodding) and its currently chaired by professor Johnson kieth in the faculty of technology. I contacted him via emails n phonecalls (,she cuts me)

How many schools did u apply to?

I applied to 4 schools

name others?
Ohio state uni...Wayne state uni...university of north texas

when did u graduate?

who will be sponsoring you?
my mum

what does she do?
shes a contractor, she supplies building materials and electrical equipments and she also owns a supermarket.

where do u work?

Dangote industries limited

what do u do there?
I work as production operations engineer

she keeps on typing for like 3 mins...i tot God don ans my prayer na until she said sorry n gave me the 214b again...no doc asked....wetin I do her....I was full of confidence!!!
i really cant fine any ish.... but never give up bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 1:28am On Aug 12, 2015
texrem:

thanks bro I think I'm taking a break....
bro u can just defer to spring, i got mine d 3rd attempt.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 1:37am On Aug 12, 2015
slimmy05:
next time start with it. I got a Merit Schokarship which takes care of 50% of my tuition and my mum would take care of the rest. There is no time again. Defer till fall semester and have them send you a new i-20, then you can go for interview in October which is just two months away. This will afford you time for good preparation.
Fall or Spring
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 1:38am On Aug 12, 2015
slimmy05:
this is not true. His mum being his sponsor is not out of place. There are several factors that you wouldn't see by mere reading his transcript.
Thats true bro...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 2:11am On Aug 12, 2015
kennyrony:

Fall or Spring
spring thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by pcbo: 2:58am On Aug 12, 2015
exxy:

pm me, i know some one there, He doesn't come to nairaland any more tho.
I have pmed you but you weren't online pls get back to me when online
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Tosinng(m): 4:59am On Aug 12, 2015
I have been a silent follower on this forum, but I must confess that I have really learnt a lot from all the Gurus in the house. I would like to appreciate guys like Slimmy05,BigFrancis21,Profojah,Impreviouxx,vibrant99,Walspring, Inno.... and the other Gurus. I say a big thumbs up to you guys!. And not forgetting my friend Akin3102 who was always there pushing me to complete my application when I was too busy with office work.

Visa was approved in Lagos by the Chinko guy this morning. I tried to dodge the guy by turning to another counter that was free when I was called but the lady ushering us to the counters insisted I go to his counter. The truth be told, while I was on the queue I actually noticed the guy approved for 2 out the about 5 guys I saw him interview. He refused for a guy that was going to study something about climate or something but he couldn't answer a question about climate effect in Africa.

My Transcript goes thus:

ME: Good Morning!
VO: Finger Prints
VOsadwith my hands still on the scanner) Why are you going to the US?
ME: I am going for my Masters degree program
VO: Masters?
ME; Yes, Masters degree in Electrical Engineering
VO: Where?
ME: TAMUK
VO: You have...(Didnt hear clearly)...Electrical Engineering in Nigeria
ME: Yes, I had my Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering at the Univ. of PHC here in Nigeria
VOsadAlmost immediately.. as he was rushing me throughout) So,who is paying?
ME: I have some personal fund saved...(VO cuts in..)
VO: Personal funds!? (While going through my I20 seriously)
ME: Yes, I have been working for X years now and I have some funds saved for the purpose of furthering my education. The school gave me a tuition wavier that saves me about 50% of my tuition and my Uncle that sponsored my undergraduate degree would be paying for the rest.( In shaking voice because he appeared not to be listening,he was busy looking through the I20 and typing plenty!)
VO: Did you take any test?
Me: Yes, I did
VO: Can I see them?
ME: Brought out and passed him my GRE(302) and my TOEFL(96) original scores result
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
ME: I applied to 4 American University
VO: Did you send your scores to your school , I cant see your school on this list(he meant the scores recipient on the GRE)
ME: Yes, that is the original test report I received from ETS when I wrote the test in 2013. I applied to the TAMUK in 2015,the list of all the school I applied to can be seen if I print it out from my ETS profile page.
VO: So , what happened to these schools ( I have 2 German University as my scores recipient on My GRE Original score report)
ME: Tuition Fee are free for international student in Germany,so this makes the GRE requirement very high and I couldn't meet up with the admission.

Then he started saying plenty things, which I was trying so hard to hear. He passed me my I20, pushed my passport to his own side and then pulled out the white paper.
I was too busy trying hard to hear what he was saying that I didn't even noticed when he circle the pick address.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by HoneyBronzed: 6:35am On Aug 12, 2015
Tosinng:

I have been a silent follower on this forum, but I must confess that I have really learnt a lot from all the Gurus in the house. I would like to appreciate guys like Slimmy05,BigFrancis21,Profojah,Impreviouxx,vibrant99,Walspring, Inno.... and the other Gurus. I say a big thumbs up to you guys!. And not forgetting my friend Akin3102 who was always there pushing me to complete my application when I was too busy with office work.

Visa was approved in Lagos by the Chinko guy this morning. I tried to dodge the guy by turning to another counter that was free when I was called but the lady ushering us to the counters insisted I go to his counter. The truth be told, while I was on the queue I actually noticed the guy approved for 2 out the about 5 guys I saw him interview. He refused for a guy that was going to study something about climate or something but he couldn't answer a question about climate effect in Africa.

My Transcript goes thus:

ME: Yes, I had my Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering at the Univ. of PHC here in Nigeria
ME: Yes, I have been working for X years now and I have some funds saved for the purpose of furthering my education. The school gave me a tuition wavier that saves me about 50% of my tuition and my Uncle that sponsored my undergraduate degree would be paying for the rest.( In shaking voice because he appeared not to be listening,he was busy looking through the I20 and typing plenty!)
ME: Brought out and passed him my GRE(302) and my TOEFL(96) original scores result
VO: Did you send your scores to your school , I cant see your school on this list(he meant the scores recipient on the GRE)
ME: Yes, that is the original test report I received from ETS when I wrote the test in 2013. I applied to the TAMUK in 2015,the list of all the school I applied to can be seen if I print it out from my ETS profile page.
VO: So , what happened to these schools ( I have 2 German University as my scores recipient on My GRE Original score report)
ME: Tuition Fee are free for international student in Germany,so this makes the GRE requirement very high and I couldn't meet up with the admission.

Then he started saying plenty things, which I was trying so hard to hear. He passed me my I20, pushed my passport to his own side and then pulled out the white paper.
I was too busy trying hard to hear what he was saying that I didn't even noticed when he circle the pick address.

Hi Tosin,were you in Chuka Anikpo's set? EEE Uniport.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 12, 2015
vibrant99:

Your VO is a woman right? Dont go to her with a "MUM" sponsor stories , She rejected you because she couldn't get into ur personal life, there are questions she would have loved to ask you, but they are private to you, she feels frustrated.

This is just wrong. If your mother is your sponsor, then that is who your sponsor is. You don't get rejected because we are "frustrated that we can't ask personal questions." We can - and do - ask personal questions if they are relevant to issuing the visa.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 12, 2015
Stewee:

Na So.
We just would never know why she was denied again.

I just find it odd she was interviewd by the same person. I've read transcripts here where VOs transfers your case to another VO if he/she conducted the last interview.

LagosNIV could you please clarify this.

If you have really been interviewed by the same VO, then they will send you to interview with another VO. The problem is that all the Nairalanders think all VOs look the same!
We keep notes on every applicant, and it tells us who entered the notes. I might not remember the thousands of faces I have interviewed but I can quickly determine if I have seen you before.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Notonlyamerika: 7:21am On Aug 12, 2015
Helloo good people of this indispensable thread, is there anyone here in NYC, please shoot me a PM or quote me, there's sth I want to find out, please help thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 12, 2015
Tosinng:

My Transcript goes thus:

So hopefully this is a lesson. Some of the VOs have a bad reputation on Nairaland because people see them being refused, but maybe you are only seeing bad applicants get refused. Trying to dodge out of line delays the line for everyone else and, honestly, we see this and it immediately makes us suspect that you are trying to hide something. Just do the right thing and keep the line moving!

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by iphyconsult: 8:02am On Aug 12, 2015
Hello house, got it approved this morning ooo, I will revert back on my transcript ASAP.

Really appreciate the whole house,...it's truly a great family here.

To those denied, pls never give up,...

Thank you all.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 12, 2015
Dreams come true. Sent from plane en route to chicago

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by heboocun65: 10:01am On Aug 12, 2015
Good morning house.

Trying scheduling appointment dis morning,it's showing error in appointment
I have done it twice and had to log out.

Please, is there anything i can do come over this or any specific
time i can re visit.

thank you for being there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by samnoah(m): 10:24am On Aug 12, 2015
Spring semester I guess?

slimmy05:
next time start with it. I got a Merit Schokarship which takes care of 50% of my tuition and my mum would take care of the rest. There is no time again. Defer till fall semester and have them send you a new i-20, then you can go for interview in October which is just two months away. This will afford you time for good preparation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by vibrant99(m): 10:37am On Aug 12, 2015
LagosNIV:

This is just wrong. If your mother is your sponsor, then that is who your sponsor is. You don't get rejected because we are "frustrated that we can't ask personal questions." We can - and do - ask personal questions if they are relevant to issuing the visa.

If you say so, Much Obliged,frustrated here dosnt mean insult or there about, But "inability" to get through the person, but am sure you have clarified it, and i know it will go a long way to help Tex in understanding more about his step to take.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by exxy(m): 10:43am On Aug 12, 2015
pcbo:

I have pmed you but you weren't online pls get back to me when online
have replied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by exxy(m): 10:46am On Aug 12, 2015
profdot:

yes o
I think slimmy is the best person to talk to,that's his school. though i have other friends there too. East Tennessee state uni is a good school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by samnoah(m): 10:59am On Aug 12, 2015
GTBank started giving out BTA and PTA on Monday 10th but the unfortunate thing is that the bank sells only to current account holders(not savings). I couldn't get to buy from my other banks either(Diamond, Access). Had to open a new account with First Bank on Tuesday 11th and within an hour, I got USD4k as PTA at very reasonable fee. Was charged additional NGN8400 which makes the total NGN808,400 for USD4000

kennyrony:

who called Fidelity bank stupid? cos dey gave u just 1000USD. lol , Fidelity bank gave me 4000USD cash..... dont worrry wen u get here u know the different between the 2 banks. i av use the 2 banks here and i must say first bank is d stupid bank
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Eduu50(m): 11:48am On Aug 12, 2015
[/quote]
samnoah:
GTBank started giving out BTA and PTA on Monday 10th but the unfortunate thing is that the bank sells only to current account holders(not savings). I couldn't get to buy from my other banks either(Diamond, Access). Had to open a new account with First Bank on Tuesday 11th and within an hour, I got USD4k as PTA at very reasonable fee. Was charged additional NGN8400 which makes the total NGN808,400 for USD4000

Effective today, savings account will also now qualify for PTA. Useful information folks on here can use.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by penroll55(m): 11:55am On Aug 12, 2015
LagosNIV:

So hopefully this is a lesson. Some of the VOs have a bad reputation on Nairaland because people see them being refused, but maybe you are only seeing bad applicants get refused. Trying to dodge out of line delays the line for everyone else and, honestly, we see this and it immediately makes us suspect that you are trying to hide something. Just do the right thing and keep the line moving!
If you don't mind me asking,Do you work with The embassy or among the vo?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by fregkay: 12:19pm On Aug 12, 2015
Congrats to you.
iphyconsult:
Hello house, got it approved this morning ooo, I will revert back on my transcript ASAP.

Really appreciate the whole house,...it's truly a great family here.

To those denied, pls never give up,...

Thank you all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by toluhere(m): 12:30pm On Aug 12, 2015
Eduu50:

Effective today, savings account will also now qualify for PTA. Useful information folks on here can use.
Really?? They just said it's not true o.
which branch told u this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 1:23pm On Aug 12, 2015
LagosNIV:

If you have really been interviewed by the same VO, then they will send you to interview with another VO. The problem is that all the Nairalanders think all VOs look the same!
We keep notes on every applicant, and it tells us who entered the notes. I might not remember the thousands of faces I have interviewed but I can quickly determine if I have seen you before.

Bro u re making a mistake...I attended an interview twice in a month n u re saying i think vos look same....Why won't I recognise someone who stabbed me once...

if u keep notes of every applicants....then she should see on her system that she did interview me before...

If u guys want me to prove it I will prove it.... can i raise a case on dis if u doubt me..check my previous interview...na the same trend and same last question..yesterdays interview was just a bit diff cos we chatted more..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Jchi9876: 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2015
zeezahbee:
maybe he thinks the VO is fake cheesy cheesy because of some of his K-leg responses.

How's your life grin grin any better?

y u tink d responses are "k- legged"?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 1:39pm On Aug 12, 2015
Boss,easy man..Earn more and go and get that visa by october ..I feel your pain.
texrem:

Dude u re making a mistake...I attended an interview twice in a month n u re saying vos look same....Why won't I recognise someone who stabbed me once... I think u don't know u re talking to a graduate here..

if u keep notes of every applicants....then she should see on her system that she did interview me before... Dude u guys don't keep notes...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 12, 2015
penroll55:

If you don't mind me asking,Do you work with The embassy or among the vo?

I am a VO.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Jchi9876: 1:43pm On Aug 12, 2015
texrem:

Dude u re making a mistake...I attended an interview twice in a month n u re saying vos look same....Why won't I recognise someone who stabbed me once... I think u don't know u re talking to a graduate here..

if u keep notes of every applicants....then she should see on her system that she did interview me before... Dude u guys don't keep notes...

easy tiger!!!!! Most black Africans have a problem identifying Caucasian.

So yes der is a high probability!

y should u have a problem with who interviews you? if they wanna conduct an interview a hundred times with same person it's their process and country. you either live with that reality or go to another country and study or better still Naija

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.